The Body Shop Exfoliating Gloves

4.6

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

plastic!

on 10/11/2012 3:36:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Back in my uni days this pair of gloves actually got rid of my back acne. If you are on a budget and looking for an effective exfoliator for your body, this is it. It always gives me soft, smooth skin and so easy to use since it well "fits like a glove" and wouldn't slip off soapy hands.

on 9/27/2012 2:26:00 PM

I totally forgot about making a review about my all time staple for several years - these gloves.
So here goes:

I use them, whenever I'm showering and always get compliments on my skin (I'm 41).
Soft, smooth, clear, radiant skin - is what I get.

Since I use them almost daily, I tend to forget what worth they have in my beauty regime. However, not bringing them along a 2 week vacation makes me miss them alot more than anticipated, and I see my skin getting a bit rougher and dryer.

I've tried several kinds of Exfoliating remedies from lofas to brushes, but I've ended up repurchasing these gloves as they do the best for my sensitive skin.

Will never stop repurchasing, even though they last a long time and are really inexpensive.
What they do to skin is magic.

on 9/22/2012 9:00:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I really like these gloves. They exfoliate well and you can use them with every body wash! They last a really long time too but sometimes I find them too rough for my skin.

on 8/29/2012 10:09:00 AM

I LOVE these and repurchased a couple of times, but they last a long time! My problem is that I lose them somehow when moving houses etc. I use these with body scrub (mainly on my legs) for exfoliating and helping to remove ingrown hair. Definetly worth your money!

these are great but if you have sensitives skin they hurt but only a little. I dont use them often but they are great to have,especially bfore putting on a self tanner

on 5/5/2012 10:12:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse

I've bought various versions of exfoliating gloves from supermarkets, discount stores, beauty stores, etc, thinking how different can all these gloves really be for the Body Shop to charge more? Well, there really is a difference. The BS's version is more abrasive so I feel like I'm actually giving myself a proper exfoliation. The elasticity in the BS version is superior so that it fits my hand better and has better traction/grip on my body so that when I'm rubbing back and forth, the glove doesn't feel like it's losing grip on my skin with the glove going one way and my hand the other. I also find the glove lathers up really nicely; obviously not to extremes like the pouff, but I don't need that amount of lather. The BS glove also maintains its shape and lasts way longer than cheaper gloves on the market. I like the nice touch with the hooks on the gloves so that they can be hung in the shower. I also really like that these are gloves rather than pouffs, loofahs, cloths, etc as anything in glove/hand form is going to be easier to use as it'll enable better grip and maneouvreability.

In terms of exfoliating power/abrasiveness, there's only the Salux cloth that beats the BS gloves for exfoliation, but unfortunately, the Salux only comes in a cloth and not as gloves, which makes it quite hard to use and which means I'll always have the BS gloves in my shower.

on 1/17/2012 6:34:00 PM

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

AWESOME. The Body Shop frequently holds sales so I got these for free. They don't lather up like regular fluff loofahs but they exfoliate quite well, particularly if you are using them with a body oil or other emollient type bath-substance. They are a little too rough for facial use but excellent for everywhere else. Highly recommend.

on 1/11/2012 11:11:00 PM

O.M.G! I looove this soo much! This does exfoliate! I can't believe it works, thought it's just regular bath gloves! Shorten my time to bath every morning, since i have to go to work in a rush..hehe.. :p
It helps me so much, i love it! Y'all MUST try! :D

on 11/1/2011 4:12:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I always get complimented on how soft my skin is and I put it down to using the gloves daily and obviously moisturising after a shower.

The Body Shop gloves are definitely the best ones that I have tried. I have tried cheaper versions that I have bought at the drugstore or at the supermarket and they dont seem as robust. Either they don't exfoliate as well and / or they fall apart really quickly. These last forever! I had my last pair for over a year and only threw them out because the elastic gave. The gloves were still firmly exfoliating though!!

These are seriously the best. I keep repurchasing.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Its a nice alternative to buy a body scrub, it can be used with regular shower gel and it does the job. It doesnt hurt the skin but it exfoliates nicely and its good for everyday. Plus it as really cute colors, my pair is in ''bubble gum'' pink.

Popular Body Skincare Products