September 21, 2014 | 2117 users online

Skincare - Body - The Body Shop - Exfoliating Gloves

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2012 9:00:00 PM More reviews by stls

I really like these gloves. They exfoliate well and you can use them with every body wash! They last a really long time too but sometimes I find them too rough for my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2012 10:09:00 AM More reviews by GyaruNeko

I LOVE these and repurchased a couple of times, but they last a long time! My problem is that I lose them somehow when moving houses etc. I use these with body scrub (mainly on my legs) for exfoliating and helping to remove ingrown hair. Definetly worth your money!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/28/2012 11:09:00 AM More reviews by meganmartin123

these are great but if you have sensitives skin they hurt but only a little. I dont use them often but they are great to have,especially bfore putting on a self tanner

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2012 10:12:00 PM More reviews by kimorris

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I've bought various versions of exfoliating gloves from supermarkets, discount stores, beauty stores, etc, thinking how different can all these gloves really be for the Body Shop to charge more? Well, there really is a difference. The BS's version is more abrasive so I feel like I'm actually giving myself a proper exfoliation. The elasticity in the BS version is superior so that it fits my hand better and has better traction/grip on my body so that when I'm rubbing back and forth, the glove doesn't feel like it's losing grip on my skin with the glove going one way and my hand the other. I also find the glove lathers up really nicely; obviously not to extremes like the pouff, but I don't need that amount of lather. The BS glove also maintains its shape and lasts way longer than cheaper gloves on the market. I like the nice touch with the hooks on the gloves so that they can be hung in the shower. I also really like that these are gloves rather than pouffs, loofahs, cloths, etc as anything in glove/hand form is going to be easier to use as it'll enable better grip and maneouvreability.

In terms of exfoliating power/abrasiveness, there's only the Salux cloth that beats the BS gloves for exfoliation, but unfortunately, the Salux only comes in a cloth and not as gloves, which makes it quite hard to use and which means I'll always have the BS gloves in my shower.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2012 6:34:00 PM More reviews by LaFemmNoir

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

AWESOME. The Body Shop frequently holds sales so I got these for free. They don't lather up like regular fluff loofahs but they exfoliate quite well, particularly if you are using them with a body oil or other emollient type bath-substance. They are a little too rough for facial use but excellent for everywhere else. Highly recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2012 11:11:00 PM More reviews by viesugiarto

O.M.G! I looove this soo much! This does exfoliate! I can't believe it works, thought it's just regular bath gloves! Shorten my time to bath every morning, since i have to go to work in a rush..hehe.. :p
It helps me so much, i love it! Y'all MUST try! :D

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2011 4:12:00 PM More reviews by whitem05

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I always get complimented on how soft my skin is and I put it down to using the gloves daily and obviously moisturising after a shower.

The Body Shop gloves are definitely the best ones that I have tried. I have tried cheaper versions that I have bought at the drugstore or at the supermarket and they dont seem as robust. Either they don't exfoliate as well and / or they fall apart really quickly. These last forever! I had my last pair for over a year and only threw them out because the elastic gave. The gloves were still firmly exfoliating though!!

These are seriously the best. I keep repurchasing.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/8/2011 1:03:00 PM More reviews by sofiaramos1993

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Its a nice alternative to buy a body scrub, it can be used with regular shower gel and it does the job. It doesnt hurt the skin but it exfoliates nicely and its good for everyday. Plus it as really cute colors, my pair is in ''bubble gum'' pink.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/7/2011 2:33:00 PM More reviews by PremierT

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

Exfoliating gloves are one of the single most amazing and cost savings tools in my beauty arsenal. The Body Shop are the only brand that I can find consistently but there are both cheaper pharmacy alternatives and nice luxury ones - body shop are a great fit in the middle. The gloves are great they keep my skin amazingly smooth, I use with a gentle body wash and don't have to both with buying additional body exfoliating products. They last for a long time - I just toss them in with the wash every week and a pair will keeps its texture and shape for at least a month.

Most IMPORTANTLY what makes these gloves worth hundreds more than I've paid for every pair I've owned for the past 5 years - using them daily reduces time between expensive waxes. I can wait an extra 2 weeks easily and without the bf noticing - the 'dark curlies' grow in straight and smooth, I no longer am plagued by in grown hairs, and the next appointment hurts a little less every time. Don't buy those expensive salon serums - these gloves and soft circular motions in the shower are fractions of the cost and actually work. Same if you shave instead.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/8/2011 2:16:00 PM More reviews by JulijaZivanovic

Love love love this product. I use them everyday in th shower and makes my whole body smooth and free of dead skin particles. They're really easy to use and I don't really have anything bad to say about them apart from them being slighty hard to slip on when wet, but it's probably because I have big hands :P Definitely recommend this to people lookingg for an exfoliating product.