Stila Perfect & Correct Foundation

4.1

Water/Aqua, Cyclopentasiloxane, Propylene Glycol, Octyldodecyl Neopentanoate, Peg/Ppg-Dimethicone, Dimethicone, Magnesium Chloride, Potassium Chloride, Sodium Chloride, Zinc Chloride, Lysine, Panax Ginseng Root Extract, Ginkgo Biloba Leaf Extract, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Extract, Camelia Oleifera Leaf Extract, Phytantriol, Montmorillonite, Illite, Kaolin, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocophery Acetate, Tocopherol, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Aluminum Hydroxide, Stearic Acid, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Boron Nitride, Glycerin, Palmitic Acid, Dextrin Palmitate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, May Contain ( /_) Mica, Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Zinc Oxide (Ci 77947), Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499) .

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I've bought two bottles of Perfect and Correct and really like this foundation! The texture is nice and it works well as my everyday foundation. I'm prone to bumps in my t-zone but I've only had one or two bumps since switching over a month ago.

Pros: Light coverage -- medium and full coverage foundations leave me feeling like I've got a mask on. This feels like a heavier tinted moisturizer. I apply mine with a flat top kabuki and find between extra blending and topping it with ELF High Definition powder it looks even, lasts all day and isn't itchy. I don't mind that there's no SPF as I use a moisturizer with sunscreen.

Cons: Price -- this product is overpriced by about $10-15, IMO. Color -- the line is severely shade limited and runs yellow. I don't understand why Stila has nearly twice as many Stay All Day shades as P&C ones. They also run darker than you'd think judging by the shade names. Coverage -- Personally I like the light coverage of the product but definitely need to use a concealer for spots and brightener to cover up under eye circles. If I needed fuller coverage I don't think I would build it up because of the yellow cast.

I definitely plan on repurchasing this foundation *unless* I can't find it on sale at the time or don't happen to have a gift card to help bring the price point down.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

It's just perfect and is marketed "HD"and it shows on the skin. This fdtn/primer is marketed light coverage, and it is, but if I use my Smashbox green primer and just one pump for the entire face it covers with so little product any imperfection. Although a primer is built in, you will get more from this by adding your own as I went from the sheer coverage to med coverage, without adding product or cakiness, by adding my own. Creases and wrinkles don't show at all, this has that difussed, perfection look. But all for not, as the colors are limited and they have left out some ranges all together. I am NW25, but if you are anything less than a NW (not NC) 30-35, or a Neutral you are out of luck. The one fair and one light colors are both quite warm, you have to be medimum neutral/warm to get a match, and that is a lot of people to leave out. Too bad, I assume it much cost a lot to add colors to a range and that is why in the end it seems I go back to Lancome.

on 7/20/2012 12:12:00 AM

The coverage of this foundation is very light. I own different kinds of foundations ranging from sheer to full coverage. So on days when I don't have visible red marks and breakouts, I'll use this because it doesn't do anything to conceal them, even with concealer it doesn't really do a good job.

Overall, I use this on a daily basis and I find the consistency different from other foundations. It has a different formula and it makes my skin dewy and evens out my skin tone just nicely, and I'm referring to days when my skin looks good.

on 7/3/2012 3:21:00 PM

Ok so just bought this product today.. I HAVE to tell someone about this so I'm writing this review. My first impression: this is the greatest foundation I have ever tried. It is a pricey foundation ($44 usd) but it is completely worth the amount I paid I promise! The tiniest complaint I have is that the color range isn't the greatest. I was matched with fair (the lightest shade) which I thought would be too light because I know paler people so if you're pasty pale this wouldn't be for you. I have pinkish undertones and this is a little yellow but it neutralizes my face and looks flawless. It is a perfect medium coverage I have pretty good skin so I dont need a full coverage but definitely seems buildable. I have combination skin (oily t-zone and dry cheeks and around my mouth and nose) it is perfect for me and I really think it would be perfect for all skin types!

on 6/27/2012 2:12:00 PM

Great Foundation for people with minor skin imperfections. It makes your skin look flawless. It covers the acne scars and discolouration. I always got compliments that my skin looked so good when I put it on. Also it doesn't cake or flake like other cheap foundations and really light on the skin. Not great for people who need heavy coverage. It's more natural and subtle.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I was convinced this foundation would not work on my oily skin. I finally broke down and bought it, because I love Stila. I have tried every foundation out there (no joke), and I can safely say this is the BEST foundation I've ever put on my face! I am amazed at how wonderful it is. It's perfect in every way, wouldn't change a thing. This gives a light to medium coverage, natural finish, and stays on all day. I do set this with powder, and I have no problems with this oxidizing or fading. It's pretty water resistant too! Do not let the initial liquidy/greasy feel to this fool you... once it dries, it sets to this beautiful natural finish, it is not greasy or oily at all. Stila's shades are very true to skin tone, they're not too yellow, orange, or pink... I always can find my perfect shade match. I'm usually a fair or light, but right now I'm using Tone because I'm "tan". I recommend this for ALL skin types, it's a beautiful foundation. Very happy and have no desire to try anything else!

on 2/26/2012 9:07:00 PM

I've been wanting to try this foundation for the longest time! I finally got this as a sample at sephora and I am very pleased with this product! I have very dry skin and it leaves my face feeling very hydrated. It gives me a flawless, natural coverage, and doesn't leave my skin feeling tight. As far as how long it lasts I'm not quite sure. It's been 4 hours and my face still looks fresh. It is build-able, and I didn't even use any concealer today! I will be buying this product when my sample runs out. I have been using mac prolong wear for almost a year, and I love the coverage that gives me, but it looks so cakey & leaves my skin feeling tight, and makes my dry skin very visible. ANYWAYS! This is a winner so far. Feels so light, I love it.

on 2/13/2012 12:25:00 PM

I wear the color in fair (lightest shade). Anyhoo, the color has a very yellow undertone to it. My skin tone is fair/pink/reddish, so having a light yellow based foundation is a nice neutralizer to my skin. The texture feels very soft on my face. I actually borrowed my matron of honor's bottle of it at my wedding (actually right before the reception began) and my skin looked AMAZING in the photos. I can see the difference in my wedding photos before & after.

The texture is very creamy. The only downside I found to this foundation is that it lacks adequate SPF (actually the product label does say that it MAY contain titanium dioxide, etc). It's kind of why I go back and forth to using my Smashbox photo ready BB cream (it has spf 35 in it).

on 1/18/2012 1:05:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This looked nice on my skin; however, it gave me 2 pimples in a span of 2 days when trying a sample I got from a makeover.

I was looking for a perfect foundation and i did! it made my face look flawless, no breakouts and no stinging/itchy feeling! its a plus for me. =]