September 17, 2014 | 1781 users online

Treatments (Eye) - BeneFit Cosmetics - It's Potent!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/23/2013 9:35:00 PM More reviews by AzureTe

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I actually received this as a sample in an Ulta order and have given it a couple of weeks' trial (the sample is pretty generous). I didn't experience any serious problems...and I didn't experience any noticeable results. This doesn't even hydrate as well as many drugstore eye creams. I'm not sure what the point of it is but I'm very glad I did not spend money on it.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/23/2013 6:58:00 PM More reviews by kstwewart

When i got this as a sample from a friend, it had no indication anywhere on the packet that it was not to be used directly under the eye. Which is a huge flaw on Benefit's behalf. I applied it once under the eye and it burned like heck! after reading reviews on MUA i realized where i was going wrong. Does brighten up the area but be careful when you use it! Most likely won't repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2013 10:30:00 AM More reviews by shoewhore

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is not meant to go all up in the eye area! If you read the instructions, it's only meant to be used along the outer border of the eye area (right along where the cheekbone ends & the soft skin of the eye area begins). It's meant to plump up & brighten that area. For this reason, I only use it under my make up as a daytime "treatment". I don't see the point in using this in the evening prior to going to bed, since it's not supposed to be applied in the true under eye area.
At night, I use an eyecream that's meant to go on the soft skin of the eye area.

I've been using this for about two weeks, & it definitely plumps up the eye area (temporarily). I haven't seen any brightening effects though.

It also seems to make the mascara on my bottom lashes smudge, which my normal mascara doesn't do, unless I've applied this)
This just doesn't perform well enough for me to buy again.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/17/2013 8:29:00 AM More reviews by DylHayd

Not a fan. I do not feel that it is hydrating and it did not do much for my circles. My circles are genetic and pretty bad, so I didn't expect much-but I did expect it to hydrate.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/7/2013 5:40:00 AM More reviews by AmyK411

I like the look of the packaging this product comes in although having received a smaller sample size I did not like dipping my little finger in!

The smell was fine but the problems started after 30 seconds of applying the cream. Created a burning/stinging sensation that immediately made my eyes stream for the next 5 minutes after I instantly washed it off.

I would NEVER buy this or recommend to anyone.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/26/2013 10:09:00 AM More reviews by tallulahlm

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

To those complaining about stinging: do not apply directly below or near eyes. Dont even get close! This product is high-maintenance in that its not meant to be used near the eyes at all. Its for the pillowy skin above the cheekbone up to about three centimeters from the water line. It helps depuff this area where excess fluid accumulates when tired, hungover, etc. It can also diminish dark circles by rehydrating. I found it did these things to an extent. I definitely saw results if i used after an allnighter or heavy drinking, but on the daily id say it didnt do much more than make my undereye skin softer. I still finished the container though. I wouldnt buy it again as im not particularly plagued by undereye circles or puffiness, but it might be helpful for those of you who have chronic problems in that area. Its definitely a strong treatment, and those who have experienced stinging prove that its doing something! Just dont apply too close to the eye and PAT, dont rub. xo

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 9/23/2013 3:54:00 PM More reviews by xxsaphxx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Holy smokes, this stuff burns like the devils piss. Upon application, my eye-area gets really tingly then it starts to burn like nothing I've really experienced with an eye cream before! Very disappointed.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2013 9:03:00 AM More reviews by Nikkinackynooky

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I was initially disappointed with this product, as it stung my eyes. I visited my local Benefit counter to inform them of my problems with the product, the salesgirl asked me how I used the product. When I told her she explained that I was using it wrongly. She told me not to take the cream upto the eyes, but to tap it around the eyes and the capillaries around would do the rest. Result: no more watery, sore eyes, but now have lovely soft hydrated skin around my eyes. I'm 44 and people think that I'm early 30s, well most of that's good genes, but this Benefit eye cream is certainly helping

rated 2 of 5 on 9/13/2013 7:38:00 PM More reviews by daisydaisys

Got a sample- it felt too heavy and stung my eyes

rated 2 of 5 on 9/7/2013 2:30:00 PM More reviews by anbright

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I recieved this as sample from Ulta, and oh man my eyes are burning right now. I've never tried an eye cream, but since it was free I thought why not? The consistency is thick, which felt nice as first. But as a minute passed...my eyes are watering like crazy and they burn. I threw away the rest of the sample and will NOT buy this product. But I guess that's what samples are for, right?