December 21, 2014 | 1601 users online

Treatments (Eye) - BeneFit Cosmetics - It's Potent!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/15/2014 5:07:00 AM More reviews by Anastasia93

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I got a sample of this cream when i was buying the PoreFessional, which I love, and I didn't really think I needed it as I'm only 20 and don't really get dark circles. But it's exam season and my eyes do look tired so I tried applying it and I put it directly under my eye and it stung like hell (even after hours it's painful to touch that area) and did nothing for my weary looking darkish eye area.
There was no indication anywhere on the packet what you're supposed to do with it.
I don't think I would bother with it again, and will probably stop using the sample as well.
This is strange for me, because I pretty much only use Benefit cosmetics and I was very happy with all products I've gotten from them up till now.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2014 1:27:00 AM More reviews by Blondebeauty2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Now that I'm over thirty, I've been trying many different products for anti-aging, fine lines and wrinkles, and puffiness(I don't understand why 18 and younger would be trying this product, very odd to see some of these reviews.) I stumbled upon this product and it didn't do anything for me. In fact, it stung my skin horribly. I didn't even get close to my eyes, so that was not the problem. I just have very sensitive skin and my face just didn't agree w/these ingredients.. With that being said, all of us women over a certain age will go to great lengths to stop the aging process so I did continue to use this product even w/the stinging. Hey, pain is beauty right lol. I never did see any results, no brightening, it didn't help with fine lines/wrinkles, and def didn't do anything for puffiness. The stinging effect does only last a few mins but I found this product to be greasy & never really soak into my skin well. I've had better luck with cheaper products and I don't recommend this product.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2014 10:45:00 PM More reviews by Ferrishyn

Not sure why 19 yr olds are worried about aging skin or anything and would know if this worked or not, but I digress. This is not anything special. I have dark circles and am 39 about to be 40. I think I would know at this age as will most women above 30 if this works. It doesn't.

It does not fade circles or brighten anything. I got better results with my Equate brand eye cream that cost me 4 bucks. No joke. This stuff is unbelievably expensive at $34 for .5 oz. Ridiculous. Don't waste your money on this stuff, its just overpriced moisturizer.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2014 9:43:00 AM More reviews by SierraFoFerra

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I just used this product for the first time last night and was very worried due to all the negative reviews. Man! Don't listen this eye cream is awesome. The texture is very smooth and rich, I applied a semi thick layer (dabbed on) all over the user eye area. I did feel a slight warmth (but no burn or irritation) under my eye area. Now it's morning, and even after a restless night with my infant the usual purple/dark blue pigment to my under eye area has completely vanished! Love it, definitely definately definately will continue to use this product. So impressed.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/13/2013 10:05:00 AM More reviews by sweettigress505

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I got this as a sample. It is very smooth and creamy, which I like. The smell is nice and I didn't have the burning problem that others are saying they had. However, it actually made me have bags under my eyes instead of taking them away. I tried it on 3 separate nights and each time woke up looking like I'd been crying all night my eyes were so puffy underneath. So, maybe you're just supposed to use it as a day cream. I will say that it seems to be moisturizing and made the skin feel very soft.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/27/2013 2:16:00 PM More reviews by Boha

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

I used this for a month. It says it helps to fade dark circles. I didn't notice any changes. I also didn't find this hydrating enough and I have oily skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/23/2013 9:35:00 PM More reviews by AzureTe

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I actually received this as a sample in an Ulta order and have given it a couple of weeks' trial (the sample is pretty generous). I didn't experience any serious problems...and I didn't experience any noticeable results. This doesn't even hydrate as well as many drugstore eye creams. I'm not sure what the point of it is but I'm very glad I did not spend money on it.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/23/2013 6:58:00 PM More reviews by kstwewart

When i got this as a sample from a friend, it had no indication anywhere on the packet that it was not to be used directly under the eye. Which is a huge flaw on Benefit's behalf. I applied it once under the eye and it burned like heck! after reading reviews on MUA i realized where i was going wrong. Does brighten up the area but be careful when you use it! Most likely won't repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2013 10:30:00 AM More reviews by shoewhore

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is not meant to go all up in the eye area! If you read the instructions, it's only meant to be used along the outer border of the eye area (right along where the cheekbone ends & the soft skin of the eye area begins). It's meant to plump up & brighten that area. For this reason, I only use it under my make up as a daytime "treatment". I don't see the point in using this in the evening prior to going to bed, since it's not supposed to be applied in the true under eye area.
At night, I use an eyecream that's meant to go on the soft skin of the eye area.

I've been using this for about two weeks, & it definitely plumps up the eye area (temporarily). I haven't seen any brightening effects though.

It also seems to make the mascara on my bottom lashes smudge, which my normal mascara doesn't do, unless I've applied this)
This just doesn't perform well enough for me to buy again.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/17/2013 8:29:00 AM More reviews by DylHayd

Not a fan. I do not feel that it is hydrating and it did not do much for my circles. My circles are genetic and pretty bad, so I didn't expect much-but I did expect it to hydrate.