April 18, 2014 | 1758 users online

Treatments (Eye) - BeneFit Cosmetics - It's Potent!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/5/2013 2:31:00 PM More reviews by caligirldotcom

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Holy smokes this burned my eyes bad!!! When I put this on I immediately felt discomfort but chalked it up to it being very early in the morning. I move on with my makeup routine and by the end of me getting my makeup on my eyes were on fire and swollen to the point I could hardly open my eyes. I had to take my makeup completely off and flush my eyes with saline. This is the only time that I have ever had a reaction to an eye cream.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/23/2013 11:39:00 AM More reviews by petrie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This stung my eyes horribly and I've never had this problem with other eye creams before. Can't yet it did a good hydrating or brightening job either. Don't waste money on this one.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2013 8:50:00 AM More reviews by alina08

I got a sample of this from Sephora and I have to say that I am unimpressed. First of all, I got a full night's sleep and woke up with dark circles under my eyes after using this cream. How is that even possible?! Secondly, I noticed the texture of the skin under my eye was dried out and almost crepey looking. My eyes do not have wrinkles and are not really aging at this point, so I cannot fathom why they look worse than before. Glad I did not actually buy this cream.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/9/2013 9:06:00 PM More reviews by RealDealBeauty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got a sample of this (free) from sephora and this is so terrible I won't even finish the sample. I don't have super sensitive eyes and nearly burned them straight out of my head. I don't put this stuff directly in my eyes, but of course it's close enough that a TINY amount might slip in (like normal), I took no extra care applying this and MAN i wish i did. immediately they started burning the eyes. Even worse, I don't have the most sensitive skin and it even made the skin around start to tingle. Not in a good way. It is doubtful I will even attempt this again, so can't speak to long term effects. That said, this is so uncomfortable, I'm sure I can find many other brands to offer the same minimal visible long term effects that won't be so painful (clinique, MUAC). Steer Clear.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/6/2013 7:13:00 AM More reviews by juliaisabella

I have rather dark circles under my eyes, and I have tried many different creams etc. bought this cream because it was 50% off, and still rather regret spending any money on it. I didnt see much of an improve, yes it does help a bit, but for this price you can do a lot better.
Works good as a primer for the concealer, but is not really helpful in reducing dark circles. Would not buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2013 6:53:00 AM More reviews by maddielazarus

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

Actually works! Faded my dark circles! Lovely creams consistency and very hydrating, lovely product!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/15/2013 3:59:00 PM More reviews by MrsD83

I tried this as it came in a sample pack with some other benefit products. I like the consistency, and it did 'something' for the skin around my eyes but to be honest I think it just helps my concealer go on better! The bags do look a bit better but are still there, perhaps I was hoping for too much. Agree with the comments about the pot, a tube would be more hygienic. All in all I'm glad I haven't forked out for a big pot of it.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/9/2013 11:39:00 PM More reviews by kaicg

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I normally love Benefit products, but I was very disappointed with this eye cream. I have very dark purple circles under my eyes and it did not make any difference (I used up the entire bottle, applying it morning and night). I also found that it wasn't hydrating enough and had to use a second cream, or my makeup would crease terribly. I also do not like when products come in jars like this because it's not as hygienic and with eyes you want to be extra cautious. All in all a waste of 30$

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2013 6:32:00 PM More reviews by liana88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the only eye cream I've ever used that WORKS! My biggest problem is dark circles and they improve significantly with this product.

After Benefit discontinued EyeCon I switched to Origins Gin Zing eye cream having heard good things, but it was a disaster for me - despite the 'brightening' claims it made my bags look instantly worse and didn't improve over the day or even with 3 months' use. I recently switched back to Benefit (which I had been a bit reluctant to do because I wasn't sure whether the new It's Potent was the same formulation as the old EyeCon) and I've noticed a marked improvement almost instantly.

Yes it's expensive, but it's worth it for me. Don't have fine lines or dry skin yet thankfully so can't comment on those properties, but it works on dark circles and leaves my eye area feeling hydrated but not heavy with product.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/29/2013 8:59:00 PM More reviews by Supatoon

I love Benefit's Triple Face Emulsion moisturizer, so I decided to try out their eye cream.
At first I was not impressed. It sunk in super fast and felt like I had never put anything on. I figured I would give it a trial run for a few weeks to see if I could make it work. Nope! I hate it. I look like I have aged 5 years by the end of each day.
I still have lots left, but I am totally going back to Clinique's Anti Gravity eye cream. I should know better than to leave something that has proven itself.