November 1, 2014 | 1115 users online

Treatments (Eye) - BeneFit Cosmetics - It's Potent!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2014 9:43:00 AM More reviews by SierraFoFerra

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I just used this product for the first time last night and was very worried due to all the negative reviews. Man! Don't listen this eye cream is awesome. The texture is very smooth and rich, I applied a semi thick layer (dabbed on) all over the user eye area. I did feel a slight warmth (but no burn or irritation) under my eye area. Now it's morning, and even after a restless night with my infant the usual purple/dark blue pigment to my under eye area has completely vanished! Love it, definitely definately definately will continue to use this product. So impressed.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/13/2013 10:05:00 AM More reviews by sweettigress505

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I got this as a sample. It is very smooth and creamy, which I like. The smell is nice and I didn't have the burning problem that others are saying they had. However, it actually made me have bags under my eyes instead of taking them away. I tried it on 3 separate nights and each time woke up looking like I'd been crying all night my eyes were so puffy underneath. So, maybe you're just supposed to use it as a day cream. I will say that it seems to be moisturizing and made the skin feel very soft.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/27/2013 2:16:00 PM More reviews by Boha

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

I used this for a month. It says it helps to fade dark circles. I didn't notice any changes. I also didn't find this hydrating enough and I have oily skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/23/2013 9:35:00 PM More reviews by AzureTe

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I actually received this as a sample in an Ulta order and have given it a couple of weeks' trial (the sample is pretty generous). I didn't experience any serious problems...and I didn't experience any noticeable results. This doesn't even hydrate as well as many drugstore eye creams. I'm not sure what the point of it is but I'm very glad I did not spend money on it.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/23/2013 6:58:00 PM More reviews by kstwewart

When i got this as a sample from a friend, it had no indication anywhere on the packet that it was not to be used directly under the eye. Which is a huge flaw on Benefit's behalf. I applied it once under the eye and it burned like heck! after reading reviews on MUA i realized where i was going wrong. Does brighten up the area but be careful when you use it! Most likely won't repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2013 10:30:00 AM More reviews by shoewhore

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is not meant to go all up in the eye area! If you read the instructions, it's only meant to be used along the outer border of the eye area (right along where the cheekbone ends & the soft skin of the eye area begins). It's meant to plump up & brighten that area. For this reason, I only use it under my make up as a daytime "treatment". I don't see the point in using this in the evening prior to going to bed, since it's not supposed to be applied in the true under eye area.
At night, I use an eyecream that's meant to go on the soft skin of the eye area.

I've been using this for about two weeks, & it definitely plumps up the eye area (temporarily). I haven't seen any brightening effects though.

It also seems to make the mascara on my bottom lashes smudge, which my normal mascara doesn't do, unless I've applied this)
This just doesn't perform well enough for me to buy again.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/17/2013 8:29:00 AM More reviews by DylHayd

Not a fan. I do not feel that it is hydrating and it did not do much for my circles. My circles are genetic and pretty bad, so I didn't expect much-but I did expect it to hydrate.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/7/2013 5:40:00 AM More reviews by AmyK411

I like the look of the packaging this product comes in although having received a smaller sample size I did not like dipping my little finger in!

The smell was fine but the problems started after 30 seconds of applying the cream. Created a burning/stinging sensation that immediately made my eyes stream for the next 5 minutes after I instantly washed it off.

I would NEVER buy this or recommend to anyone.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/26/2013 10:09:00 AM More reviews by tallulahlm

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

To those complaining about stinging: do not apply directly below or near eyes. Dont even get close! This product is high-maintenance in that its not meant to be used near the eyes at all. Its for the pillowy skin above the cheekbone up to about three centimeters from the water line. It helps depuff this area where excess fluid accumulates when tired, hungover, etc. It can also diminish dark circles by rehydrating. I found it did these things to an extent. I definitely saw results if i used after an allnighter or heavy drinking, but on the daily id say it didnt do much more than make my undereye skin softer. I still finished the container though. I wouldnt buy it again as im not particularly plagued by undereye circles or puffiness, but it might be helpful for those of you who have chronic problems in that area. Its definitely a strong treatment, and those who have experienced stinging prove that its doing something! Just dont apply too close to the eye and PAT, dont rub. xo

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 9/23/2013 3:54:00 PM More reviews by xxsaphxx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Holy smokes, this stuff burns like the devils piss. Upon application, my eye-area gets really tingly then it starts to burn like nothing I've really experienced with an eye cream before! Very disappointed.