Vaseline Petroleum Jelly with cocoa butter

4.6

Petrolatum, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter, Fragrance.

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I recently moved to the Midwest from Houston, and my skin (among other things) has suffered drastically as a result. The winter here is unbelievably dry and harsh, especially compared to the humidity on the Gulf coast; not long into the season, I noticed my face beginning to peel and flake, particularly around the mouth, chin, and nose. My hands were even worse - they became so rough and cracked that I couldn't touch certain clothing (silk, fine knits) without snagging it.
I've been through a lot of moisturizers - if something smells good and is on sale, I'll buy it - mostly Bath & Body Works and Burt's Bees. The former doesn't do much (it washes off almost immediately), and the latter, though more effective, can cost a small fortune if you use it consistently. I'd read good things about Eucerin Professional Repair Extremely Dry Skin Lotion, so I gave it a shot, but it burned when I applied it and left an unpleasant, tacky feeling on my hands for quite awhile after I used it.
And then one day I was at Wal-Mart, slinking through the lotion aisle, and I saw this. I've never been a user of Vaseline, but this was super cheap (less than $2.50) and contains cocoa butter, which I love, so I gave it a shot...and oh, man. It's amazing.
Yes, it's Vaseline, so it's quite greasy when you first apply - just don't touch your keyboard or whatever for a couple minutes while it sinks in. The cocoa butter smell is okay; it's a bit strong for me, but it doesn't really linger once it's absorbed into your hand, so it's not a problem. But the results - amazing. My hands are incredibly smooth and moisturized after I use this - no snagging, no cracking, no rough fingertips or burning. Even my fingernails have stopped chipping and peeling. This is a miracle-worker, and it's more effective than moisturizers on which I've spent 10x more money. I would absolutely buy it again, and I plan to, even after after I move back home. It's been two months since I bought it and I'm slightly less than halfway through the little tub (a little goes a very long way here), but even if one went through a tub a month, it wouldn't make a dent in anyone's finances.
All in all, a wonderful product worth a lot more than it costs.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Overall horrible. I love using Vaseline. I use it every day but this product is thick and sticky and just doesn't do for me what the good ol' fashioned plain Vaseline does. Pass on this and get the regular.

My husband has the driest skin I have ever seen on anyone. We have tried everything on his skin. I read the great reviews on here and ran out and picked this up for him. This stuff has been amazing for his skin. His skin actually looks nice and moisturized rather than a face full of flakes all the time. I started using it around my eyes and on my lips and I like it too. You can't beat the price. I highly recommend this to everyone,

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

Vaseline is amazing! It's the best all-around moisturizer ever. I'm the kind of person who is a product junkie so I'm often tempted by stuff that smells amazing/comes in cute packaging/promises to save my skin etc, but I always come back to this. I use it on my lips to keep them crack-free in the winter, on the dry parts of my face after using salicylic acid, and on my fingernails. it has never broken me out, so don't be scared! I got this months ago and I am not even 1/4 of the way through after daily use. Give this as an Xmas gift cos it'll definitely be put to good use ;)

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I have lived in America for eight years, and have never really considered using the Vaseline petroleum jelly staple...But I just have, for the first time! I found this jelly through MUA Top Picks or Best Value link, and have contemplated getting it for reasons a lot of people do, and I was one of "those guys." After reading upon the subject enough and trusting everyone on here referencing their grandmas with amazing skin, I decided Vaseline should be safe, went to CVS and got myself this jar of goodness! I am happy with it...I use it under eyes over coconut oil, over lip-balmed lips, on my legs over moisturizer, and anywhere that needs to lock in moisture. I can tell a difference in my skin in the morning; it is not greasy, but moist. This jelly smells so comforting and delightful! Sometimes a little strong, but that happens with me throughout the month. The jar is super cute and I love keeping it by my bed, for a night ritual. I can't imagine how long it will last, but I just love it so much right now. For now, I would repurchase at least a small jar to keep in the house. :)

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I use on lips, hands, and under eyes. Cheap, works great, smells good and it also will keep the cap to superglue from getting stuck.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I love this simply as a lip balm. it's great and keeps my lips moisturized.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Okay, maybe smearing a petroleum product on your skin is naughty, blah-blah-blah... but, add me to the loud, proud population of ladies whose mothers and grandmothers used Vaseline their whole lives and died at 100 with gorgeous skin.
At 39 (*vomits a little*) my skin has just become dry enough to handle the, well, Vaseline-ness of this one, and even now, I don't use it every night. When it's extra dry/cold outside, I use it as my night moisturizer, over rosehip seed oil and a thin coat of coconut oil. I use the Vaseline only on the driest parts-- for me, that's around my mouth and eyes.
I also slather it generously, all over, after using Peter Thomas Roth Unwrinkle pads, 2-3 times a week.
I don't guess I need mention (but here I go anyway) that it's great on feet, lips, hands... pretty much anything that may be feeling dry.
I love that it's a big $2 for over 7 ounces. I love the sweet, comforting cocoa butter scent, which I have come to equate with nite-nite. :)

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Bought this on whim last week to sooth my tortured cuticles. It worked great at healing my tired nail beds. It works great on your feet, elbows, knees, dry skin and your bum! It will leave your skin moisturized and feeling protected from the elements. I only bought a small jar but I will be going back to pick up a few fulls sized jars for myself and my mother. Great price too! It works WAY better on my feet than the Burt's Bees Coconut foot cream and its about half the price for twice the product. Bye, bye Burt!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This stuff is great! I have the big tub and I use it primarily on my lips, crows feet and cuticles. It feels nice and smells good. I think it leaves my lips softer than regular lip balm. I'll have to try some of the other uses suggested in the reviews.

Popular Other Products