December 18, 2014 | 927 users online

Cleansers - Josie Maran Cosmetics - Argan Cleansing Oil

rated 5 of 5 on 12/21/2013 11:57:00 PM More reviews by den1se83

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This product is by far the best I've come across in a very long time. For years I've spent tons of money buying a million different products trying to find something that actually made a difference in my skin. I stumbled upon this after first finding the 100% pure argan oil. I loved that on my skin so much that I had to try her other products. After trying it... within a week I noticed that my normally large pores on either side of my nose were much smaller and that my skin was way less oily. Prior to using this cleanser I would put my make up on in the morning before leaving for work then blot before I got out of my car to walk into work. (only a half hour drive mind you). Now I don't blot until the end of my day if at all. Most days I don't even need to. I've been using it for about 3 weeks now and I break out less so far and the breakouts that I do get seem to heal in half the time. Since finding this product I've converted several of my coworkers into Josie Maran users. As for the reviews that say it's hard to use.... they must not be doing it right. You have to shake the bottle because it separates into layers... then you put it on your face dry and try to spread it around and then slowly add in some water to make the oil spread out. It removes all of my make up including my water proof mascara. And no it does not taste good as many people say but it's not made to be eaten!!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/19/2013 3:02:00 AM More reviews by bkurant

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

what i love about this cleansing oil? the smell. otherwise, it is a very thick oil that is difficult to remove. in addition, it leaves my sensitive skin feeling dry.
i really wanted to like it, but glad that i only have a small bottle (part of the gift set). will not re-purchase. as other reviewers pointed out - it would be better to mix some food-grade oils and use them as cleansers for a fraction of a price.
this cleansing oil is expensive, given that argan oil is NOT a main ingredient. in addition, even if argan oil is beneficial and your skin loves it, you might ask -- can argan oil bring any benefit in a cleanser, given that you will be washing it off almost as soon as you apply it. think about it :)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/23/2013 2:14:00 PM More reviews by alina08

I got this as a sample, but I can definitively say that this is much oilier than some of the other oil cleansers that I have tried. This does not wash off completely and I feel like there is a film on my face when I use it. On the other hand, the scent of this oil is very lovely. This would be ok as a makeup remover, but not so much as a cleanser.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2013 11:49:00 PM More reviews by ellie179

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm on the fence for this one. It's not bad but it's not that good either. Does a good job removing makeup in general (as most cleansing oils are) but not so much at removing mascara and long wearing eyeliners. While it smells nice, I find the texture a bit too thick for my liking, and much prefer the fluidness of Shu Uemura's cleansing oils (which works better at removing eye makeup). It also seems to leave some residue on my skin. Maybe it's argan oil, which might be a good thing for my dry skin but I don't think I'll be revisiting this for a long while.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2013 11:40:00 AM More reviews by pmburk

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This cleanser does a great job of removing my makeup and getting my face clean, but it does seem to leave me quite dry, which is why I only gave it 4 lippies instead of 5. It is a very thick oil (think SAE 50 motor oil consistency) that you massage onto your dry skin, massage, then add some warm water to form a milky emulsion, then rinse thoroughly. It cleanses thoroughly and smells nice, but can be a little difficult to use. My skin is normal to dry, and this does tend to dry me out. It removes my makeup, but for some reason I'm just not in love with it. I don't dislike it either. Undecided if I will repurchase or not.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2013 2:59:00 PM More reviews by ryanhill

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this cleanser. My skin has sundamage and I am 54 years old. This has made the rough texture of my skin feel soft and soothed. It is thick and I apply a coating then with a warm washcloth wash in circular motion then I rinse clean. I dont know how this would be on younger skin but has wonderful results for this old bird. I cant wait to try more josie maran products

rated 4 of 5 on 11/2/2013 3:45:00 PM More reviews by lsuchick

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I don't love this product, but i don't hate it. I actually only use it because it doesn't break me out and I'm scared to try something that might. i have oily skin and this doesn't make it worse, but it doesn't help it. It gets off all my makeup and leaves my skin feeling good after i wash it. I'm pretty neutral on this product. I did just buy another bottle, because i was running low. The packaging isn't great, i broke and spilt everywhere. It's gentle. The price is a little expensive but there are a lot others that are much costlier.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/24/2013 9:19:00 AM More reviews by JadoreNelle

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Tried a sample of this oil cleanser. It was my first try at using an oil cleanser. First, off it smells amazing! I love the fresh scent. Second, I found this to be very thick for being a cleansing oil. It broke down most of my makeup, none of it was waterproof except for my Mally liner. It did lack the strength to get off all of my mascara and eyeliner. The name is a bit deceiving. The main ingredient is not argan oil it is cheap safflower oil and sunflower oil. Argan is about 5th on the list of ingredients. Did you know companies are required by law to list ingredients by volume? So the first ingredients on the list make up the main ingredients or the majority ingredients in a product. You could make a vat of this oil yourself for a fraction of the price. Dont invest this kind of money to rub oil on your face that you would fry your food in.

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/29/2013 6:18:00 PM More reviews by thechain

This is the best cleansing oil I've ever used.
I first got a sample at Sephora, and once I finished it I went to the store to buy the full-sized bottle. It smells delicious, leaves the skin cleansed and moisturized, and does not irritate any area of my skin. I use it frequently to remove my eye makeup. It works almost instantly! And it causes no problems at all for me and my sensitive eyes.
The minute I'm getting low, I'll buy another bottle of this magic oil.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/5/2013 12:57:00 PM More reviews by yoyocanary

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Terrible product. Instead of removing any eye makeup -- non waterproof -- it clumped my lashes together. It's extremely thick, and it feels like it sticks to the skin rather than removing anything. I felt like I had to scrub my face to remove this and then follow up with another cleanser to remove anything else.
It gets two lipsticks because it's not drying, and it smells nice. Otherwise it's awful. I would not recommend, and I returned it.