Josie Maran Cosmetics Argan Cleansing Oil

3.2

Helianthus Annus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Polysorbate-80, Polysorbate-20, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Argania Spinosa (Argan) Kernel Oil, Citrus Grandis (Pomelo Grapefruit) Seed oil, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Tocopherol, (Antioxidant), Sucralose.

on 3/16/2014 9:10:00 PM

Feels like it takes more work to get make up off, especially my mascara(which isn't waterproof) and that I have to tug my eyelashes a lot. I follow up with a cleanser and toner, so my face hast broken out from this. I prefer coconut oil to remove make up though, cheaper & more effective.

on 3/15/2014 4:12:00 AM

I forgot to add that I dilute mine with plenty of water!

on 2/24/2014 8:35:00 PM

I bought this last winter, tried it and hated it. I recently found the bottle and thought I'd give it another try. To my surprise I now love it. I realized I had been using it wrong (in my opinion) by not diluting it with a TINY bit of water so that it will spread easily across my skin. Originally I had just been trying to spread the cleansing oil and found it too thick and hard to spread. Adding a tiny bit of water seems to emulsify it enough that it works perfectly. It works very well to remove makeup, even stubborn eye makeup. I have sensitive/combination skin and I normally get breakouts around my chin. Since I have been using this my skin looks great, needs less moisturizer afterward, and I have yet to see a breakout.

on 2/22/2014 2:17:00 AM

I love cleansing oils as it takes off my waterproof m/u and sunscreen. I've tried them all and have to honestly say that even though I do love a lot of JM's products, her c/o was not a winner.

I found that it was extremely thick for a cleansing oil, it didn't emulsify very well, but more importantly it didn't break down or remove most/ all my m/u. My gel liner was hard to get off whereas other oils were a breeze ( ahem...MAC). I felt as though my face had residue on it, so I needed to follow up with a cloth.

The price is steep for a product that just doesn't do the job. No, I will not repurchase.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Josie Maran is the bomb, I love the Argan Oil Light, and I REALLY wanted to love this. It just missed the mark for me! I love using cleansing oils as a pre-cleanse (after removing my eye makeup) to remove residue and face makeup. Then, I'll usually follow up with a gel cleanser. Since Josie is the queen of oils, I was super excited to try this out, but it was just disappointing on a few levels.

This stuff is THICK and somewhat sticky. Don't expect this to effortlessly glide over your skin, UNLESS you're using like 5 full pumps which makes it somewhat easier. This makes it pretty unpleasant to use around the eyes, and it feels like you're just tugging your lashes and brows with the product.

Also, although it smells lovely, I second what another user had said about it tasting absolutely horrible and SOMEHOW it always ends up getting into my mouth. Blech. Sticking with Amore Pacific as soon as I finish the bottle of the Josie oil.

I was inspired to get a bottle after trying a little sample that the Sephora employee threw into my bag. With the absolutely brutal weather we've been having this winter, the thought of an oil based cleanser sounded just lovely. Is it worth the high price tag? Possibly, but as always it depends on what you need your cleanser to do. First off, I only use this on days I wear makeup, which is most days. The stuff is so damn pricy that if I'm going to use it I want it to work hard for me. I pondered whether to actually use this to remove my eye makeup or just on my facial skin, because to get all that requires extra product and elbow grease (grease...ha. I see what I did there) and I'm not sure how I feel about rubbing all that oil into my eye socket....blech. I ended up compromising and using it as a first wave of eye makeup removal--if I'm wearing quite a bit that day, I need to go over it again with a face wipe to get the last traces off. The oil works pretty well on this front though.

The cleanser feels tacky and not as easy to spread as I thought an "oil" would, but I actually don't mind this because it makes me spend more time massaging it into my face, which seems like it would be good for circulation and for getting out every little bit of makeup. When you add water, it becomes creamy and foamy and quite easy to wash away, leaving no oily residue but just soft, clean skin. I like it for the winter but I don't know about as a year round thing...time will tell. Oh yeah, avoid getting even a tiny bit of this in your mouth (which for some reason is difficult for me to do) because it tastes nasty!!

on 2/9/2014 7:33:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I never thought I would ever use a cleansing oil on my face. I have super oily, acne-prone skin and have always avoided any product that contained oil. After reading here on MUA that oil can actually be good for oily-prone skins, I decided to get a sample of this product at Sephora. The thick texture feels so great on my skin, plus I love the citrusy scent. It does a pretty good job of removing makeup but I feel I need to follow up with another cleanser if I'm wearing heavier makeup. This product is available in a full-sized bottle and a smaller travel sized bottle.

on 2/3/2014 3:25:00 PM

I received this as a deluxe sample from Sephora and it was my first experience using a cleansing oil. I absolutely love it, and if the nearest Sephora wasn't an hour and a half away, I would have purchased it already! But since it will be awhile before I can get there, I just picked up Dermalogica's Precleanse from Ulta, and it is wonderful as well. I still plan on picking this up the next time I am in Austin, though.

First off, I love the smell. It isn't necessary, but it's nice all the same. It's citrus-y but still light enough that it is not overpowering. Also, a little goes a long way, and once it is completely rinsed off, it leaves my skin so soft and smooth and NEVER dry, I love it. A few drops and I could easily smooth it over a dry face, and once rinsed off, I am makeup free. Seriously, it removes makeup like a dream. Once you add some water to it, it turns nice and milky which I massage for another minute or so on my skin, which was a pleasant surprise; I was not expecting it to foam up as much as it did, which was nice, and rinses off easily without leaving a greasy residue. Another awesome thing was that, it has never caused me to break out. Seriously, never once.

I follow this up with a cleanser, EVERY time, so I am not sure how well it would work as a makeup remover/cleanser all in one. It works wonders for removing makeup, but I just like following up with my Clarisonic, and if I am being honest, some makeup is typically left over on my brush head after use, so I would never just use this and be done at night.

Next time I am in Sephora, or when I make my next online purchase, I can guarantee that I will pick this up. I would definitely recommend to remove makeup, it is fantastic-even though it is extremely pricey.

on 1/23/2014 10:29:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I got this as a deluxe sample in a "try me" set at Sephora. I find this cleansing oil works well for me. Gets all my makeup off. Rinses easily without a greasy film afterwards. Has a citrus/grapefruit scent to it. I prefer unscented, but I can live with it. Avoid eye area, stings a tad.

My usual cleansing oil is DHC. In comparison, this oil is thicker than DHC deep cleansing oil. I find I need to thin it out with about 0.5 fl oz of Argan oil to get to a consistency I like. Therefore it's pricey. I will repurchase if part of a Josie Maran set.

on 1/23/2014 9:47:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I got the Argan Cleansing Oil in a Josie maran gift set and was excited to try it (I have used oils on my face for a few years with great results and absolutely love the Josie Maran Argan Oil). Wow, what a disappointment. Agree with others that it's didn't really take the make-up off that well, but it also made my face break out. I never have issues with acne and thought it might be a fluke so I tried again a week or so later. Nope same results. Zits! I won't be buying this again.