December 21, 2014 | 1607 users online

Polishes - Essie - French Affair

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 7/13/2011 8:26:00 PM More reviews by amaruca

I agree that the first coat of this polish is streaky, but the color evens with a second coat. The pink is a little too bright for me in the summer, when I'm tanner, but would be nice in March or April to welcome Spring.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2011 3:57:00 PM More reviews by ml176

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I use two coats for this color. On me, this comes off as a cotton candy pink. It is a great color of summer. It's really opaque with two coats. For some reason, this polish seems kind of gunky to me, but nothing a little nail polish thinner couldn't solve.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/10/2011 5:45:00 AM More reviews by lalawashere

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

I got this colour as one of my first essie polishes, and it wasn't i had in mind. The formula was thick and goopy and left distinctive streaks. However the streaks would disappear slightly in the 2nd or 3rd coat. For polish beginners, the application would be a pain, but if you are experienced, then surely go for it. French affair is a lovely colour, it is a pale pink leaning slightly lavender, not entirely unique but makes a nice statement of barbie-pink nails (:

rated 4 of 5 on 6/5/2011 7:53:00 PM More reviews by nanimav

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is more of a flirty pale pink. I have fair skin so it doesn't stand out too much. I do find that its a bit streaky so I use two coats and a glossy top coat. IMO it would be great for occasions such as weddings or graduations.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/31/2011 8:51:00 PM More reviews by trinitycharm

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

On my naturally tan (olive-yellow) Asian skin, this actually looks fairly nice. It's almost a bubblegum color on me. In the bottle, it's a milky light pink. I used this on my toes since I'm obsessed with making sure my feet are always presentable (lol), and even with a slightly darker tan on my feet, French Affair still looked quite nice. I *think* it would stand out too much on darker skin, but that's just my personal opinion....since I feel like I'm already pushing it with MY darker tan [on my feet]. Try it though, because I'm probably wrong...? Anyway, I bought this for 50% off at CVS (regular price is $7.99 I think). I guess they're doing away with this collection because they had all of them for half off. I don't think I would repurchase this particular color if it were regularly priced. It's opaque, but streaky. If you want a decent finish, you need at least 2 coats.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2011 12:35:00 PM More reviews by bea2ls82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

this color is adorable i have it on my toes right now.. so cute peeking out of flip flops! it is less white than OPI mod about you and even though the formula is on the streaky side the finished look is so pretty. great for spring and will look cute over summer

rated 4 of 5 on 5/18/2011 10:25:00 PM More reviews by LifesABeach

I have to say i love this color . it is a milky beautiful pink color . i am not suprised by the bad reviews that have been written , the formula is a little rough to work with . If willing to put a little extra effort this polish can look amazing . I thin the formula out with polish thinner , apply 1 coat and wait 5 minutes , then apply second and apply my sv topcoat and wala a perfect manicure that i recieve ton of compliments on the color ! I always have a polish tinner in my polish kit , super cheap and can make any formula easy to work with . I will def be repurchasing this color and thanks to all the horrible reviews it shouldn't be to hard to get a hold of !

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2011 10:37:00 PM More reviews by mellymel11

Love this color french affair. Its a nice milky pink with a bit of lavender. Its so nice against my skin color. I did this color for both my manicure and pedicure. I will continue to do this color for the warm weather. So feminine and elegant

rated 3 of 5 on 4/28/2011 5:12:00 PM More reviews by HenJen

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have 2 coats (3 would be better) on my toes and it's a "cute" color (pinky with lilac/blue undertones). This is my 1st delve into milky/creamy pastelly colors and I have to say I like it. This looks good on my neutral fair-medium skintone. I will use this again but, I would not repurchase b/c on my finger nails it took three coats plus a base coat to look decent. By that time, it starts looking thick and takes to long to dry.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2011 3:26:00 PM More reviews by BeeBonnet

Ugh, I wish I would've seen these reviews before I bought this one today! I just put some on my nails and it definitely IS a streaky, chalky hot mess. I usually love the quality of Essie... but it's going back....this "French Affair" is over!!! Nice is Nice seems more what I'm looking for.