Garnier Pure-Clean

1.9

on 1/16/2013 5:54:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

The place I live at during my school year has incredibly hard water, which makes my hair get dirty sooner, dull, and tangle up. I bought this conditioner hoping that it would make a difference. Well, it didn't, but then I can't really blame it, because nothing else has worked either. This conditioner is light in weight, has a faint smell, and is environmentally-friendly. I'm sure it works fine like any other conditioner, it's just unable to counteract the hard water problem.

on 12/26/2012 11:26:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This left my hair tangled and dry. Tresemme naturals line works way better, that is what I use now.

on 12/13/2012 8:10:00 PM

I wasn't expecting much from this conditioner, just needed something simple to use so I picked this up on a whim. This has a very faint clean smell and rinses out nicely, makes my hair easy to comb after a shower. However, it can be easy to weigh hair down and make it feel a little dirty if you overuse accidentally. The product itself was okay enough to use but there are so many better conditioners out there that I don't think I'd repurchase.

on 12/9/2012 9:12:00 AM

Left my hair in worse shape than before using it! My hair felt incredibly weighed down, greasy, and was a tangled mess!

on 11/11/2012 5:26:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This was horrible the consistincy is weird and thin. it didn't even de tangle my hair I hate this stuff. the shAmpoo is fine. but this stuff is weird..ill stick to my pureology volume conditioner. expensive but the best I've found ever.

Like a couple of other reviewers mentioned, this makes my hair smell like fish. I don't know why. It works okay on my hair but after using it twice I noticed the fishy smell. My cat noticed it too cause he came up behind me last night and began licking my hair! I asked my co-worker today to smell my hair to see if it smelled and she said she could not detect a fishy smell. But I smell it! And so does my cat and we're all that matters...ha...so I won't be buying this again. Now what to do with my giant, barely-used bottle? Grrr. The Pure Clean shampoo is nice, though I can't be certain it's not what's causing the foul odor so I will experiment and try one without the other and see from where the smell originates. I suspect it is the conditioner though...polymers and what-have-you.

UPDATE 11/12/12: I tried just using the shampoo and there was no bad smell! I knew the conditioner was the culprit!

on 10/19/2012 1:51:00 AM

This conditioner almost makes me want to cry : (. I have very thin, almost pure straight, long hair and i absolutely loved the other regular garnier fructis shampoo and conditioner. But this pure clean stuff (although im sure wonderful for the environment) is horrible for my hair. My hair feels like it has a film of crap on top of it. It looks like i went a long day without washing it as soon as it dries. Also, before switching to pure clean my hair was so easy to detangle, but now im ripping out hair every 5 mins because the filmy crap likes to stick together. It just makes me so sad. My hair was my favorite thing about me. Definately not using it again, i've given it a month and it just keeps getting worse. Heard nice things for curls though.

on 10/14/2012 11:36:00 AM

Why all the negativity? Seriously, one of the best conditioners I've ever used. Maybe you all are using too much? Or maybe the formula is just more suited to curly hair. Not sure, but either way, used in conjunction with it's matching shampoo, Aussie 3 Minute Miracle rinse out, and a Garnier leave in conditioning cream, my hair looks and smells fabulous. Love this stuff.

on 10/12/2012 11:03:00 PM

I cannot say anything good about this conditioner really. It smelled ok in the bottle, but my hair afterward smelled totally different. Plus it left it oily.

on 10/12/2012 5:11:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

**EDIT**
THIS IS HORRIBLE DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY. Leaves hair with a waxy film after about 4 days of use. Really gross.

First off,the only reason I gave it all 5s is because there are so many negative review.
With that being said, I have no idea why people are complaining about this. Not sure if they have changed the formula or what, but I really like this stuff

Smell: different from other Garnier hair products, lighter and frutier. Not unpleasant but I prefer more perfumier scents.

Product: consistency is thin but not watery goes on smooth but need quite a bit to cover all of the hai. Rinses out beautifully. I'm usually someone that prefers to leave in some of the conditioner bc i have curly hair, but that would defeat the purpose of buying this product bc of the anti residue claims. Lol anyways . Has little to no slip and rinses off completely with no residue. Keeps true to its word.
Makes MY hair shiny and bouncy.

Not sure if it's because I use a separate shampoo or its because I used the moroccan sleek hair oil afterwards but I had no bad experience with this conditioner.
If you are looking to buy this, I would try it out because it's cheap and worth i despite all the negative review.
At least on my hair it was.