Burt's Bees Tinted Lip Balm - Pink Blossom

4.1

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I thought this was a nice product but not great until I figured out a trick to do with this that makes my lips look a lot larger and the color even better. I first apply burt's bees sun protecting lip balm in spf 8 to my lips. This leaves them with a white cast like all natural sunblock for lips often does. However, on top of that I then apply this tinted lip balm. The result is that the white layer underneath tones down the color of the tinted balm enough to make it look really natural on and for some reason (filling in all the lines/cracks in my lips?) this duo makes my lips look a lot plumper. Better than those expensive lip plumping glosses (and I've tried almost all of those). Sometimes for an extra full look I dab a little pearly gloss in the center of my lips. These two lip balms combined give me the perfect color, make my lips look bigger and also keep my lips really hydrated. By itself I find this balm nice but the color is easy to overdo when just using the one balm. It is really hydrating on though.

For the price, this is a nice tinted lip balm that gives a sweet pink tint to my lips. It's not the most moisturizing and I do have to reapply it a few times a day, but its easy to carry with me and apply on the go without a mirror. This, along with the Rose shade used to be one of my staples. However, I've since been spoilt by Fresh's Rose lip balms which makes this pale in comparison.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I was looking for a cheaper dupe to Fresh's lip balm in Rose (which is too pricey at $22), and this is sort of close. At $7, it's a little pricey for a drugstore balm and comes in a weird cardboard packaging that makes it look twice as big as it is,. The actual balm tube inside is the same size and style as any other chapstick.

The color is a very sheer pink, which is great for me because I have naturally pigmented lips and anything darker would turn red or fuschia. It did give me exactly what I was looking for, which is an even, glossy, my-lips-but-better lip color. It WON'T give anything more than that, so if you're looking for reddish lips, I'd get one of the deeper colors. The moisturizing abilities is average for a balm, nothing amazing but not too shabby, either.

I am taking off a lippie because the smell is TERRIBLE. I'm not sensitive to fragrances but this just smells really strongly of plastic. I don't have any qualms with putting it on my lips but if you're sensitive to scents, I'd stay away.

EDIT: Taking off another lippie because this gets all over the place if you're drinking or eating. Strange, the Fresh balm is a slightly deeper color and doesn't do this. Not a fan, won't repurchase.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

YUK!!!!!!!!
I am totally confused to why so many people love this product and recommend them.

The taste and smell are terrible. Not long lasting. they just sit on the lips. The colors are not pretty and opaque.

I will only recommend them to my mortal enemy.

I would like my money back!!!!!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is everything I always wanted: a sheer, pinkish-coral, hydrating lip balm thatís also affordable, easy to find, and in decent packaging. So what the problem? It doesnít wear longómaybe an hour or two, and is a bit . . . boring? I always want to re-apply because, although itís moisturizing, it kind of just sits on top of the lips, but then thatíll build the color up too much. Plus the color is a little two brown and murky, I love very clean, pure pops of pink. Itís okay, just needs to come in more shades and last longer. Oh, and SPF would be GREAT.

Colour is not flattering, looks very artificial. not moisturising as well

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I recieved this as a gift, and it's not something I would have bought for myself since it's seven dollars, which for a tinted lip balm is a bit expensive. I'm so glad my fried got me this! It's my HG lip product, and I take it everywhere I go. The color is subtle, but still pigmented, and it moisturizes wonderfully. It's amazing, and it keeps my lips soft all day long. The packaging is also really cute. I would repurchase.

A lot of people are complaining because these cost around $7 each, well in Australia they cost $15 which s just ridiculous!! I would never have bought this based on the pricing, but I received this product in hibiscus for my b-day and i have to say it's great. Usually i have to choose between color or balm (I find balms make my lip color wear off really quickly) which means dry and flaky lips in winter, but this means you can have subtle color and healthy lips. I would buy this for $7, but I think $15 is just ott!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This was an average lip balm. The color was nothing special and it did not last long. It has an unpleasant odor. It was pretty expensive and not worth the money. The packaging is an ugly brown color. I do like the natural things in it, but Burt's Bees has better products than this.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

not worth it!!!!the packaging is soo ugly once it comes out of the jumbo case thing.the product is kind of salty and leaves my lips dry(which kind of defeats the purpose).not impressive.very diappointed with this bb's product:(

Popular Lip Treatments