Milani Baked Blush - Corallina

4.1

Not tested on animals

on 6/18/2013 10:47:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Gah this blush is SO. PRETTY. Both in the pan and on the cheeks. In the pan it's a reddish-pink with swirls of cream and orange-gold; swatched it comes out as a red-coral. Perfect for spring and summer. It's finely milled, and INCREDIBLY PIGMENTED. I only require one or two taps of my brush - followed by tapping off any excess - and it's the perfect amount of flush. It can be very easy to overdo, so I don't recommend it to those who tend to apply their blush with a heavy hand.

I actually really recommend the above process of applying - tapping the brush in the pan and tapping off the excess - because it avoids two major problems: first, this blush does tend to have a lot of fallout and tapping the brush in the pan avoids making a mess; and second, being sure to tap off the excess also gets rid of a lot of the glitter in the blush.

For indeed, this IS a very glittery-shimmery blush. I know a lot of people hate that, but I quite like it - as long as I tap off the excess as mentioned above, it's reduced from all-out glitter to a fine shimmer on my cheeks. Whether that emphasizes pores, I don't know - my pores are only larger towards the center of my face and I prefer to wear my blush further back on my cheekbones. So those of you who don't want a potential glitterbomb - Avoid this like the plague.

The only big thing it loses points for with me is the packaging. It looks very classy and nice upon purchasing, but the gold gets covered in fingerprints very quickly. Additionally I find the mirror-and-brush compartment to be unnecessary - the brush isn't that great - and it just makes it kind of uncomfortably bulky.

Other than that, what a fantastic blush. I use it everyday now and I'm always amazed by how PRETTY it is.

on 6/16/2013 9:14:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Shade description: bright red coral

Pros

- pigmented
- long wearing
- gives pretty glow

Cons

- packaging

Comments: Originally I didn't like this because it leans more red than coral on me. However, I've gotten use to it and think its very pretty. I love the subtle glow it gives (not glittery or frosty at all) and the staying power. It's highly pigmented, so a little goes a long way.

Will repurchase.

on 6/10/2013 2:47:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I'm so glad I decided to purchase this blush! I love the packaging and the fact that it comes with a mirror, but the little brush that comes with it is pointless in my opinion. I love how beautiful it looks in the pan, but, more importantly, I love how it looks on the skin. It really is a true coral blush with shimmer. It brightens up my whole face in a natural way. I will for sure be repurchasing this again!

on 5/28/2013 10:41:00 AM

I really like this blush. It does show up a little more red than I would like. But it is still pretty. I would give it more lipies if the color was more coral and less red. I don't have any problem with glitter.

on 5/20/2013 11:52:00 PM

This is a beautiful coral color for spring and summer but i only use a little or i'll look like a disco ball or clown. i have to blend very well too or it's not natural looking.

on 5/14/2013 3:01:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

The shimmer was such an overload ..i looked super shiny. Terrible blush!

on 3/16/2013 12:42:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Love it! I've been looking for a decently priced coral blush for a long time. I've never had one before and really wanted to try one for the spring/ summer. When I first saw the glitter in this I wondered if this would actually be wearable. I hate glitter on my face! Like one reviewer said, as long as you tap the excess off your brush (do not use the brush it comes with), you will get rid of most, if not all, of the glitter. The color is a gorgeous natural color. The packaging is cheesy looking and really flimsy. I really hope I don't drop this on the tile or it will be trash. As far as the actual product, I highly recommend it! The price isn't great at $7.99 at WalMart, but it is way cheaper than most other coral blushes that are generally only available in higher end brands.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Oh my, how I love this blush!
like most people have said, I was immediately drawn toward this blush because of the color--- I've never seen anything like it in the drugstore. (admittedly, I was planning on buying Luminoso first but there weren't any left soooo.. empty handed I refuse to be!)
initially, upon first close look, I could see the chunks of silver glitter but I'm so happy I decided to take the risk and buy it.
when you tap off excess, and you should if you don't want the glitter on your face, most of the glitter just kinda falls off and leaves the true color of the blush on your brush.
This blush gives me such a nice, natural looking flush! (NC30, more olive) it's a coral-red color on me.
I was so thrilled to see that it didn't have mineral oil which most blushes do these days because mineral oil breaks me out.
the brush that comes with it I do not recommend you use, it's too stiff and it'll just leave an awkward streak of red on your cheeks.
docked 1 lippie for the crappy packaging, DO NOT LET IT FALL OR ELSE IT'LL BREAK! :( trust me I'd know
Definitely repurchasing when I run out
oh btw, I found mine at walmart for about $10.00CDN rounded which is on the more expensive side but I love the color enough to dismiss it

on 2/12/2013 10:46:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This blush is just gorgeous! I was drawn to its unusual shade immediately because I had nothing like it in my collection. It's highly pigmented and I can't say enough about the color. Love it!

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Oh my do I love this blush. The first time I swatched one of the Milani Baked Blushes, I was extremely put off by the over-abundance of glitter. I did NOT want my face to look like a disco ball, so I did not purchase. However, I was curious still and checked out MUA for reviews.

Coralina caught my eye because it's a rather unique shade for a drugstore blush - you find a lot of pinks and peaches, but not a bright coral like this. It's very flattering for my skin tone which is a warm olive shade and turns my cheeks the shade I would naturally blush (my cheeks but better?) This is a rather pigmented shade so use caution when applying. I can't really comment on lasting power as I set all my makeup with a setting spray so everything lasts fairly well for me, though I do notice this lasting longer than my ELF blushes do. (I'd say it lasts around 4-6 hours on me.)

Yes, there is some glitter however, most of it does fall off if you tap your brush. If Milani would release this shade as a "matte" I would be most excited. I don't love the shimmer, but it's not anything that discourages me from using it either.

My biggest complaint is the packaging. My lord does it feel cheap. The pan that holds the plush is coming loose from the container and I find the mirror/blush they include to essentially be a waste of space.

While I don't see myself ever going through this entire blush (you get a lot!), I would definitely repurchase if I were to lose it.

Popular Blush Products