December 19, 2014 | 837 users online

Polishes - Sally Hansen - Xtreme Wear Lacey Lilac 270

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2012 7:45:00 PM More reviews by myqueenc

I LOVE this nail polish! I actually decided to get this one because I remembered how much I loved Sally Hansen's Mint Sorbet last year. I usually don't go for purples but I saw that every line in the drugstore had a shade similar to this one so I decided to give it a try. It's a beautiful cream finish and looks amazing in just one thick coat (or two thin coats). It's been four days since I first applied it and there are no chips!! I am quite fair and have slightly yellow undertones. The polish makes my hands look a little more tan too which is perfect for this time of year :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2012 6:42:00 PM More reviews by Moodyone

I love this color. Application is okay as well. Even seems to last a little bit longer than some of the other polishes I own. I wear this one a lot.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2012 8:15:00 AM More reviews by jadejiang

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love it! The colour is so feminine and pretty. It has pink undertones and I think it suits my skin tone well (I have yellow undertone).

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 12/28/2011 11:00:00 AM More reviews by snoozermoose

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Maybe I'm just not used to the Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear line of polishes but I found this to be extremely hard to apply. The formula was very runny and the design of the applicator just made it worse. That aside, I really wanted to like this color, but it turns out this particular shade of light purple out of the bottle was not my cup of tea. It looked wrong and a little garish against my tan skin and yellow undertone. I've seen a similar shade worn by a friend of mine who has very fair skin and it looked gorgeous, so this may just be a case of me choosing the wrong color for myself. For now, I've been wearing it on my toes and it looks young and cute.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/18/2011 6:51:00 AM More reviews by cupcakelipgloss123

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

This is a wonderfull nail polish!
Pros: very nice brush, lovely color , and appiles even.
Cons: smell is strong, its very thick, take a while to dry.
I love this nail polish just got it at walmart for a little more then 2.00. yes i would buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/17/2011 3:08:00 PM More reviews by DY22

I love this! It applies so well, and it lasts quite long. I use my hands a lot (to wash dishes, for example), and it started to chip from the 4th day. The color is beautiful.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/30/2011 9:34:00 PM More reviews by isamadoramable

I was very disappointed with this polish, but not because I didn't love it. I like it, it's just that it was NOT what I was expecting. I was looking for a very light, pastel, white-with-a-touch-of-purple color. And in the bottle it looked only slightly darker than that.
Oh, how different it actually was. I do like the color, but I was so frustrated by its shade. It's quite an unflattering shade of purple, being so /medium/ toned. I have yellow undertones, but I am tan. This color gave me almost mannequin-hands, if you could believe that. My other friends, with very similar skin colors/tones, tried this out, and said the same.
This polish has not-so-subtle pink undertones. I was debating whether I should get this polish, or Essie's Lilacism. As the Essie polish is almost quadruple the price, I decided on this one. And for only $1.50, I didn't really have anything to lose. I swatched Lilacism a few days ago, though, and I'm kicking myself for not getting that one instead. It's almost exactly what I wanted, and much more of a purple than a pink-ish purple.

As for the formulation and brush, it half sucked. My brush was terrible, all bent up and battered. I should have checked it before I bought it. Even so, it didn't work terribly. I managed it just fine. The formula is super thick, and I got full opacity in one coat. This Xtreme wear line lives to its name, also, because this lasted for weeks.

Overall, it's a pretty color, but it's just so medium-toned, it looks weird on my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2011 11:19:00 PM More reviews by Gothkenny

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is an absolutely BEAUTIFUL shade of purple. I normally hate all purples on me (excluding vampies) but this is PERFECT! It suits my skin tone so well, and as opposed to most pastel shades, this has an amazing formula. It isn't streaky, and most of all, it's opaque! It covers in two coats, dries quickly, and has a beautiful shine to it. I will buy this over and over again. I, again, am shown that there is no need to buy expensive brands while Sally Hansen still is pumping out nail polishes.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/30/2011 9:38:00 PM More reviews by Jaynne

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love this colour. It looks gorgeous with my new Palm Springs tan! I wore it while in PS too and got lots of compliments because the colour is so pretty and fresh and understated and 'mod'. I'm really impressed with the long wear and how easy and quick the application was. So far it's been a week of travel, planes, pools, hikes, concerts, restaurants and I got through all that with only a touch up. And I didn't use my OPI chip skip. I always use my Seche Vite however - the best quick dry top coat I've ever used!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2011 4:03:00 PM More reviews by Melavia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a lovely color. It also gives good coverage with 2 coats. The second coat is just touch up for me. It is still going pretty strong with three days of wear. The color is rich and opaque. Great color to lighten things up and for the summer time.