April 18, 2014 | 1341 users online

Polishes - Sally Hansen - Xtreme Wear Lacey Lilac 270

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 12/18/2011 6:51:00 AM More reviews by cupcakelipgloss123

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

This is a wonderfull nail polish!
Pros: very nice brush, lovely color , and appiles even.
Cons: smell is strong, its very thick, take a while to dry.
I love this nail polish just got it at walmart for a little more then 2.00. yes i would buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/17/2011 3:08:00 PM More reviews by DY22

I love this! It applies so well, and it lasts quite long. I use my hands a lot (to wash dishes, for example), and it started to chip from the 4th day. The color is beautiful.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/30/2011 9:34:00 PM More reviews by isamadoramable

I was very disappointed with this polish, but not because I didn't love it. I like it, it's just that it was NOT what I was expecting. I was looking for a very light, pastel, white-with-a-touch-of-purple color. And in the bottle it looked only slightly darker than that.
Oh, how different it actually was. I do like the color, but I was so frustrated by its shade. It's quite an unflattering shade of purple, being so /medium/ toned. I have yellow undertones, but I am tan. This color gave me almost mannequin-hands, if you could believe that. My other friends, with very similar skin colors/tones, tried this out, and said the same.
This polish has not-so-subtle pink undertones. I was debating whether I should get this polish, or Essie's Lilacism. As the Essie polish is almost quadruple the price, I decided on this one. And for only $1.50, I didn't really have anything to lose. I swatched Lilacism a few days ago, though, and I'm kicking myself for not getting that one instead. It's almost exactly what I wanted, and much more of a purple than a pink-ish purple.

As for the formulation and brush, it half sucked. My brush was terrible, all bent up and battered. I should have checked it before I bought it. Even so, it didn't work terribly. I managed it just fine. The formula is super thick, and I got full opacity in one coat. This Xtreme wear line lives to its name, also, because this lasted for weeks.

Overall, it's a pretty color, but it's just so medium-toned, it looks weird on my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2011 11:19:00 PM More reviews by Gothkenny

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is an absolutely BEAUTIFUL shade of purple. I normally hate all purples on me (excluding vampies) but this is PERFECT! It suits my skin tone so well, and as opposed to most pastel shades, this has an amazing formula. It isn't streaky, and most of all, it's opaque! It covers in two coats, dries quickly, and has a beautiful shine to it. I will buy this over and over again. I, again, am shown that there is no need to buy expensive brands while Sally Hansen still is pumping out nail polishes.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/30/2011 9:38:00 PM More reviews by Jaynne

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love this colour. It looks gorgeous with my new Palm Springs tan! I wore it while in PS too and got lots of compliments because the colour is so pretty and fresh and understated and 'mod'. I'm really impressed with the long wear and how easy and quick the application was. So far it's been a week of travel, planes, pools, hikes, concerts, restaurants and I got through all that with only a touch up. And I didn't use my OPI chip skip. I always use my Seche Vite however - the best quick dry top coat I've ever used!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2011 4:03:00 PM More reviews by Melavia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a lovely color. It also gives good coverage with 2 coats. The second coat is just touch up for me. It is still going pretty strong with three days of wear. The color is rich and opaque. Great color to lighten things up and for the summer time.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2011 12:29:00 AM More reviews by sunshowers

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This polish is a really pretty pale lilac creme. The formula is very opaque and gives perfect coverage in 2 coats. However, it is very thick and gluey, even out of a brand new bottle. I can see this getting super sticky in just a few uses. Because the polish is so thick, it's easy to overload your brush and end up with polish running all over your cuticles. Also because it's so thick, you have to work quickly and accurately or it will turn into a gloopy, streaky mess on your nail. Despite these drawbacks, the color is worth the extra effort to get it perfect.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/5/2011 12:48:00 AM More reviews by DCookiemonster25

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

very nice, gorgeous color and not too bad with two coats.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/3/2011 2:14:00 PM More reviews by cking2013

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This color is sooooo pretty although I think it would work better with darker skin than mine. (I'm super pale) It stayed pretty well (three days untill it chipped) which is actually a lot for me I play with my nails a lot as a nervous habit and I took two showers in those three days. I really liked the finish though and how easy it was to apply this color. Carefull not to waste though the brush holds a lot of color.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/2/2011 12:25:00 AM More reviews by specialribbons

I don't often venture outside of light baby pinks when it comes to nail polishes, but I felt like it was time to try something new.
The formulation on this is great. The polish is very smooth and is completely opaque with just two coats.

The packaging, however, is a complete fail. The flat and wide plastic piece between the brush and handle picks up a ton of polish. Even if I wipe it on the side, it just continues to drip down the brush annoyingly, making me end up with a giant blob of polish on my nails -.-
If it weren't for this, I would give it a five. I probably won't get much wear out of it because the application is too much of a chore.