LUSH Ocean Salt

Fine Sea Salt (Sodium Chloride), Fresh Grapefruit Infusion (Citrus grandis), Coarse Sea Salt (Sodium Chloride), Stearic Acid, Fresh Lime Extracted in Vodka (Citrus aurantifolia), Sodium Cocoamphoacetate, Glycol Cetearate, Triethanolamine, Fresh Avocado Butter (Persea gratissima), Coconut Fat (Cocos nucifera), Lime Oil (Citrus aurantifolia), Seaweed Absolute (Fucus vesiculosus), Violet Leaf Absolute (Viola odorata), Glycerine, Lanolin, Cetearyl Alcohol, *Limonene, *Linalool, Perfume, FD&C Blue No. 1, Methylparaben, Propylparaben.

This is the best thing I own. If people say it breaks them out, they've got some sensitive skin. I use this product every other day to clean my skin and I have had 20 pimples in the 3 years I've been using it. I can count my breakouts from the last 6 months on one hand. The trick to using this is to not leave it on your skin for an immense amount of time. Wash and scrub then rinse. You also can't expect the terrible acne to resolve in one week of using this product. When I first got this, I had bad acne because this brings the dirt to the surface. However, with regular use...it WILL clear up the skin.

on 3/27/2015 3:03:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I really like this body scrub. It smells great and is really refreshing, especially in the summer. I have also used it on my face occasionally and with no issues. I will be buying it again as soon as it warms up.

on 3/20/2015 10:58:00 AM

I love the way this smells and the blue color (hence the two lippies) but it's just the worst for my skin. Scratchy sharp salt mixed in alcohol.....what could go wrong?? Plus it's so stupid expensive for what it is.

on 3/20/2015 12:20:00 AM

Love love love!!!! I fell in love with this the second I used it! My sister bought it first actually and she had me try it.. As soon as I rinsed the mask off & dried my face. My face had a subtle glow and never looked smoother. Heard you were supposed to use it twice a week only.. I overdo it. I just love the way it makes my skin feel! No breakouts no nothing. The perfect mask.

on 3/16/2015 11:16:00 AM

GUYS- DO NOT USE THIS ON YOUR FACE!!!

I can not stress this enough. This is course sea salt, and the skin on your face is very delicate, so for all of you who are experiencing that burning sensation, DON'T PUT THIS ON YOUR FACE. Especially if you have sensitive skin. Faces need very gentle exfoliators, so this is not something you should use. However, this is great for a body scrub. It smells very nice, and does an excellent job making your skin feel super soft!

DISCLAIMER: I am in no way trying to tell you what you have to do, I am simply warning you. If this happens to be ok on your face, and you've found a way to make it work, by all means, use it, but if not, just be careful about putting this on your face.

on 2/21/2015 2:01:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

To start out I want to say I have never actually written a review on any skin care product, but because I am a religious review reader I felt inclined to write a review about the Ocean Salt scrub. I also love lush and a lot of their products which is why this was such a disappointment.

I don't have bad acne, but I have a lot of blackheads and clogged pores that have always been a constant battle to fight. Occasionally I get a couple cystic blemishes which makes me freak out and only causes more cystic blemishes. (Usually around my girl time of the month.) I went into lush to pick up the cosmetic warrior mask I've used before to clear up these bemishes. And I wanted something for some dry patches, because I naturally have oily skin, but living in the desert I have started to gain some dry patchy areas. After talking to one of the girls who was helping me she convinced me to also buy the ocean salt, along with another customer in there who swears by it. I checked my phone really quick just to check the overall rating on it before I spent $35 on the tub.

Finally using it: I was cautioned to be SUPER GENTLE, which I was, and it felt amazing; I really didn't mind the strong smell and with the tiny sea salt particles and mix of the large coarse particles I really thought I was exfoliating all of my imperfections. After about a minute passed it started to burn and tingle, which again I didn't mind because I still felt like it was seriously cleansing out everything! After I washed it all off it still felt really great and I put my moisturizer on.... It was then I sat on the couch for a bit and when I laughed at something my skin around my mouth and cheeks felt super tight. I went to check how my skin looked and it was flakier than before! I put some more moisturizer and it still didn't help. This just made my oily parts more oily! I brushed this off as a first time use reaction.
I've used it 7 times since then in high hopes that I will love it, but even still my dry patches are even drier and more obvious, worst of all it seems like the best moisturizer won't hydrate these patches after using it. It even dried out my lips so bad they started peeling and burned. This only lasts 2 days after exfoliating and then my face is fine... But in the end I think I need to give up and realize this product will not help my skin at all. It could work for other people, like I have read... But not for this girl!

Final review: it makes my dry patches drier, it burns and makes my sensitive areas more sensitive, it didn't clean out my pores, so it really just made things worse.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I literally don't understand how anyone could give this less than five stars. This may be the best skin care product I've ever used. The smell is heavenly -- like a lime margarita. It's an amazing exfoliator, but at the same time is creamy and smooth. I'm not really sure what the hell I was doing before I used Ocean Salt. I could not recommend it more highly.

I think some of the low ratings have to do with people using the product incorrectly. Here are a few tips:
1. When you get a new tub, mix the blue salt granules on the top into the product with a butter knife.
2. Wet your face before use.
3. You don't need a lot.
4. Be gentle!

Overall, Ocean Salt has done wonderful things for my skin and I will definitely repurchase it :)

on 2/5/2015 7:26:00 AM

I received this in a gift set - I liked the smell, but there should be instructions to stir the salt into the product (might be - I probably missed it). I didn't and I pretty much has all the salt on the first try - OUCH!, and then mush the rest of the time. Scent is great! But ladies - stir it up BEFORE using! I have not tried the newest version of Ocean salt - perhaps they updated that?

on 1/27/2015 11:34:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I thought this would be more like the origins peppermint scrub. It's less oily, and much smaller scrubbies. I would never use it on my face. But the salt's still not coarse enough for me. it's complicated.

on 1/17/2015 2:49:00 PM

I really wanted to love this product, and the sales representative said that it was Lush's bestseller. However, it stung my face so much that it eventually became painful to touch my face. People with sensitive skin should DEFINITELY NOT use this product. It will burn the crap out of your face. Additionally, in a scientific perspective, salt dissolves in water because salt is ionic and water is polar and they have ion-dipole bonds (done with my scientific rant), but basically if you put this product in water it will dissolve the salt crystals and you will get a huge clump of mess.

In addition to this product being an absolute piece of crap, it contains propylparaben, which is a KNOWN CARCINOGEN. In addition to getting horrible and dry skin, you also get an increased risk of cancer!

Seriously, since I want to protect the well-being and health of other people, I would very strongly recommend that you do not purchase product.