July 31, 2014 | 1291 users online

Shampoo - Garnier - Pure-Clean

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2013 12:16:00 PM More reviews by blatantdream

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

After Pantene discontinued their purity shampoo, I spent years trying to find a clarifying shampoo that doesn't break the bank.

This does the trick and it smells great. I love fruit smells and it leaves my hair clean! It washes out all of the junk my styling products and other shampoos leave behind. I'm one of those who washes their hair daily and this doesn't make my hair or scalp feel dry at all. It also doesn't feel moisturized but that works for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2013 11:54:00 AM More reviews by ninaeaster

This is my holy grail shampoo. It cleanses out all the product build up I have. This smells so good, like green apples. It makes my hair clean and feel soft and shiny.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/12/2013 12:31:00 PM More reviews by JesB

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is literally by far the worse shampoo I have ever used. I bought it because it had no parabens in it. The first time I washed my hair I though "hmmm this is strange. I wonder if I didn't wash all the conditioner out." So I tried it again and it was even worse. No, it is not meant to be used as a clarifying shampoo, but I don't see how anyone could use this as a daily shampoo either. It made my hair feel so greasy and gunky and it looked dirtier than before I had washed it. My hair also would not hold a curl when I used this . . . I have really healthy non-colored hair so maybe this would work for someone with crispy bleached straw hair but unless your hair is super dry or damaged than this shampoo is not for you. I'd rather use dish soap to wash my hair than this gunk.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/10/2013 1:53:00 AM More reviews by Goldieloxx507

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I picked this up because I've seen a lot of the YT beauty girls rave about it. Big mistake. the first time I used this it was fine, rinsed out well and my har was left nice and clean. Well, any time I went to use it after the fact, it just made my hair feel gunky and disgusting. I went to get my hair done the day after I had used this and she literally felt my hair and asked WHAT did you DO?! I said I used Garnier Pure Clean... and she went well its anything but... stay away from that brand from now on please.

I plan to listen to her. Will not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2013 1:48:00 AM More reviews by pinksexyhair

One of my favorite shampoo's. I have repurchased it several times. My hair type = scalp: normal, hair: dry, color treated, prone to breakage and split ends. This shampoo smells sooo good!! It has a crisp green apple scent. The shampoo is silicone, dye, and paraben free which is awesome. It gets my hair really clean without drying it out and it doesn't leave any residue behind. I can use this shampoo over and over again without any build up which is awesome. It's just a really great basic shampoo. I'm not a fan of the matching conditioner (it's too lightweight for me) So I pair this with the Garnier Fall Fight or Damage Eraser conditioner. My hair always comes out soft and bouncy after using these products. Highly recommend.. Along with other Garnier styling products as well (their sleek and shine leave in conditioning cream and their sleek and shine smoothing milk is the bomb!)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2013 4:32:00 AM More reviews by mzmaheen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

I wanted to find a great clarifying shampoo to help clean the silicones and other impurities out of my hair.

I think this Shampoo does JUST that
it has no sulfates, parabens, silicones or anything.
So i really like that.
But its great and i don't know why people are giving it a bad review..

Don't use it EVERYDAY
especially if you have dry hair like I do. But it's a great shampoo to use once every week and a half or week if you co-wash...and twice a week if you have EXTREMELY oily hair..

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2013 6:11:00 PM More reviews by cloroxcowgirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm amazed this product has gotten such poor reviews because I love it! I originally received this as a sample with the matching conditioner. While I didn't care for the conditioner (not moisturizing enough) I really liked the shampoo and it was always in the back of my mind to buy the larger size. I finally did purchase the larger size - after my clarifying shampoo ran out I replaced it with this. It actually does a great job of removing build up without drying out my hair. Which is amazing because I've had a lifelong issue with build up and have not had much luck with clarifying shampoos. It also smells really nice - sort of an apple-berry scent. It contains no silicones/parabens/dyes which is always a plus, esp. since I have color treated hair and it doesn't strip it or weigh it down. Most of the Garnier shampoos I've tried have been mediocre so I'm surprised at how well this works for me. Overall I am very happy with this shampoo, and it is dirt cheap too!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/14/2013 1:42:00 PM More reviews by sbt1218

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was excited to see the effects of this shampoo because of the commercial and the sudden popularity of the shampoo. i now know the meaning of false advertising! the only reason I gave it a 2 instead of a 1 is because it smells good. That's all. It made my hair so incredibly greasy, that after i blow dried it i had to shower again. This is the only shampoo that has ever made my hair greasy! Verdict: would never buy this again!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/20/2013 5:22:00 PM More reviews by MakeupManiac5699

I really don't know whether I should buy this product again or not. I bought the shampoo and conditioner duo, and I like the packaging and the smell of both. The clarifying shampoo really does the job and works well for my hair. But the conditioner is CRAP. It doesn't detangle at ALL and is a complete waste of money. Undecided about this product, to tell the truth.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2013 4:50:00 PM More reviews by rtorres72

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

So surprised by all the bad reviews! I've been using this in combination with the conditioner for just over a month and love it. I can go 3 days without washing and my hair still feels and smells clean (I have thick curly hair so too frequent washing is a bad thing). Even got a compliment on how healthy my hair looks. :) Best of all is that my seborrhaic dermatits (dandruff and irritated facial skin) haven't returned since beginning to use this product....can't say 100% this shampoo/conditioner is the reason but I'll keep using them until proven otherwise!