Garnier Pure-Clean

2.8

on 8/27/2013 4:45:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

I have fine, straight hair, and I love this shampoo. Even though most use this product as a clarifying shampoo, I use it daily and it does not dry my hair or make it oily. It actually makes my hair feel lightweight and healthy. I have repurchased this product twice.

on 8/14/2013 11:10:00 PM

I tried this product out when I was starting a new job and I could hear my colleagues crack jokes about all the dandruff and hair on my chair....it was a horrible experience and it makes me angry just thinking about this stupid product.

FU garnier!

EDIT: I don't like this shampoo. It doesn't clean the hair at the roots and leaves the ends super dry. It also leaves a waxy coating on my hair.
I have fine, damaged hair and was looking for a cheap shampoo to use a couple times a week inbetween my other shampoos so my hair doesn't get used to the same thing. I tried this the first day and really liked it! Cleaned my hair really well but didn't strip it. I tried it 2 days in a row and found it to be a little drying. If used 1-2 times a week I thing it'll be perfect to throughly cleanse hair. But everyday would be too damaging. One thing I don't like about it is how runny the product is. As soon as you tip the bottle to dispense product it pours right out! An it's clear so it's hard too see how much you poured out. Other then that its a good product and would repurchase.

on 6/22/2013 1:39:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Duration- I have used this shampoo off and on for about a year.

Price- Around $4. Sounds good to me.

Packaging- No issues. Love the green color.

Smell- I love it! So fresh and clean!

Formula- Lathers up so well.

Intended Use- To rid the hair of oil, dirt, and product build up.

Result- It leaves my hair feeling and smelling so clean. It keeps my hair from feeling heavy or greasy all the way through the day.

Used With- Garnier Pure-Clean Conditioner, which I just put on the ends.

Conclusion- I will definitely repurchase this. Actually, I used it all up today!

on 6/17/2013 12:16:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

After Pantene discontinued their purity shampoo, I spent years trying to find a clarifying shampoo that doesn't break the bank.

This does the trick and it smells great. I love fruit smells and it leaves my hair clean! It washes out all of the junk my styling products and other shampoos leave behind. I'm one of those who washes their hair daily and this doesn't make my hair or scalp feel dry at all. It also doesn't feel moisturized but that works for me.

on 6/17/2013 11:54:00 AM

This is my holy grail shampoo. It cleanses out all the product build up I have. This smells so good, like green apples. It makes my hair clean and feel soft and shiny.

on 5/12/2013 12:31:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is literally by far the worse shampoo I have ever used. I bought it because it had no parabens in it. The first time I washed my hair I though "hmmm this is strange. I wonder if I didn't wash all the conditioner out." So I tried it again and it was even worse. No, it is not meant to be used as a clarifying shampoo, but I don't see how anyone could use this as a daily shampoo either. It made my hair feel so greasy and gunky and it looked dirtier than before I had washed it. My hair also would not hold a curl when I used this . . . I have really healthy non-colored hair so maybe this would work for someone with crispy bleached straw hair but unless your hair is super dry or damaged than this shampoo is not for you. I'd rather use dish soap to wash my hair than this gunk.

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I picked this up because I've seen a lot of the YT beauty girls rave about it. Big mistake. the first time I used this it was fine, rinsed out well and my har was left nice and clean. Well, any time I went to use it after the fact, it just made my hair feel gunky and disgusting. I went to get my hair done the day after I had used this and she literally felt my hair and asked WHAT did you DO?! I said I used Garnier Pure Clean... and she went well its anything but... stay away from that brand from now on please.

I plan to listen to her. Will not repurchase.

One of my favorite shampoo's. I have repurchased it several times. My hair type = scalp: normal, hair: dry, color treated, prone to breakage and split ends. This shampoo smells sooo good!! It has a crisp green apple scent. The shampoo is silicone, dye, and paraben free which is awesome. It gets my hair really clean without drying it out and it doesn't leave any residue behind. I can use this shampoo over and over again without any build up which is awesome. It's just a really great basic shampoo. I'm not a fan of the matching conditioner (it's too lightweight for me) So I pair this with the Garnier Fall Fight or Damage Eraser conditioner. My hair always comes out soft and bouncy after using these products. Highly recommend.. Along with other Garnier styling products as well (their sleek and shine leave in conditioning cream and their sleek and shine smoothing milk is the bomb!)

on 4/4/2013 4:32:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I wanted to find a great clarifying shampoo to help clean the silicones and other impurities out of my hair.

I think this Shampoo does JUST that
it has no sulfates, parabens, silicones or anything.
So i really like that.
But its great and i don't know why people are giving it a bad review..

Don't use it EVERYDAY
especially if you have dry hair like I do. But it's a great shampoo to use once every week and a half or week if you co-wash...and twice a week if you have EXTREMELY oily hair..

Popular Shampoos