April 20, 2014 | 1302 users online

Shampoo - Garnier - Pure-Clean

rated 2 of 5 on 5/10/2013 1:53:00 AM More reviews by Goldieloxx507

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I picked this up because I've seen a lot of the YT beauty girls rave about it. Big mistake. the first time I used this it was fine, rinsed out well and my har was left nice and clean. Well, any time I went to use it after the fact, it just made my hair feel gunky and disgusting. I went to get my hair done the day after I had used this and she literally felt my hair and asked WHAT did you DO?! I said I used Garnier Pure Clean... and she went well its anything but... stay away from that brand from now on please.

I plan to listen to her. Will not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2013 1:48:00 AM More reviews by pinksexyhair

One of my favorite shampoo's. I have repurchased it several times. My hair type = scalp: normal, hair: dry, color treated, prone to breakage and split ends. This shampoo smells sooo good!! It has a crisp green apple scent. The shampoo is silicone, dye, and paraben free which is awesome. It gets my hair really clean without drying it out and it doesn't leave any residue behind. I can use this shampoo over and over again without any build up which is awesome. It's just a really great basic shampoo. I'm not a fan of the matching conditioner (it's too lightweight for me) So I pair this with the Garnier Fall Fight or Damage Eraser conditioner. My hair always comes out soft and bouncy after using these products. Highly recommend.. Along with other Garnier styling products as well (their sleek and shine leave in conditioning cream and their sleek and shine smoothing milk is the bomb!)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2013 4:32:00 AM More reviews by mzmaheen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I wanted to find a great clarifying shampoo to help clean the silicones and other impurities out of my hair.

I think this Shampoo does JUST that
it has no sulfates, parabens, silicones or anything.
So i really like that.
But its great and i don't know why people are giving it a bad review..

Don't use it EVERYDAY
especially if you have dry hair like I do. But it's a great shampoo to use once every week and a half or week if you co-wash...and twice a week if you have EXTREMELY oily hair..

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2013 6:11:00 PM More reviews by cloroxcowgirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm amazed this product has gotten such poor reviews because I love it! I originally received this as a sample with the matching conditioner. While I didn't care for the conditioner (not moisturizing enough) I really liked the shampoo and it was always in the back of my mind to buy the larger size. I finally did purchase the larger size - after my clarifying shampoo ran out I replaced it with this. It actually does a great job of removing build up without drying out my hair. Which is amazing because I've had a lifelong issue with build up and have not had much luck with clarifying shampoos. It also smells really nice - sort of an apple-berry scent. It contains no silicones/parabens/dyes which is always a plus, esp. since I have color treated hair and it doesn't strip it or weigh it down. Most of the Garnier shampoos I've tried have been mediocre so I'm surprised at how well this works for me. Overall I am very happy with this shampoo, and it is dirt cheap too!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/14/2013 1:42:00 PM More reviews by sbt1218

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was excited to see the effects of this shampoo because of the commercial and the sudden popularity of the shampoo. i now know the meaning of false advertising! the only reason I gave it a 2 instead of a 1 is because it smells good. That's all. It made my hair so incredibly greasy, that after i blow dried it i had to shower again. This is the only shampoo that has ever made my hair greasy! Verdict: would never buy this again!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/20/2013 5:22:00 PM More reviews by MakeupManiac5699

I really don't know whether I should buy this product again or not. I bought the shampoo and conditioner duo, and I like the packaging and the smell of both. The clarifying shampoo really does the job and works well for my hair. But the conditioner is CRAP. It doesn't detangle at ALL and is a complete waste of money. Undecided about this product, to tell the truth.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2013 4:50:00 PM More reviews by rtorres72

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

So surprised by all the bad reviews! I've been using this in combination with the conditioner for just over a month and love it. I can go 3 days without washing and my hair still feels and smells clean (I have thick curly hair so too frequent washing is a bad thing). Even got a compliment on how healthy my hair looks. :) Best of all is that my seborrhaic dermatits (dandruff and irritated facial skin) haven't returned since beginning to use this product....can't say 100% this shampoo/conditioner is the reason but I'll keep using them until proven otherwise!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/5/2013 4:38:00 AM More reviews by Nylemaj

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I actually really like this product, I wouldn't really like to listen to these other reviews- and I generally don't, to be honest. But with this shampoo, it smells so great, believe me, I could rave over the smell. A lot. This *is* a cleansing shampoo, as someone pointed out, so it's not to be used daily. I generally use this most of the time, however, and my hair is healthier than ever. I have no clue how the conditioner is, because I always use a damage control conditioner that really rejuvenates my hair, and that's probably why I haven't experienced the dryness that many users get, even with my basically always use. So, if you plan on using this as an always shampoo- just get a good damage control conditioner, maybe. I have no clue how it'll work with your hair, so don't hold me accountable, but really, it seems to work just fine.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/9/2012 8:17:00 AM More reviews by Calincherie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

With other clarifying shampoos I've tried, my hair felt squeaky clean albeit dry. This product only made my hair feel like it had massive product buildup (similar to how your hair would feel drenched in hairspray), greasy, and completely tangled. My hair became a nightmare to brush through even with using the conditioner and it looked flat.

I had to throw this out completely as even the occasional use wasn't worth it.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/28/2012 5:10:00 PM More reviews by zahpphire

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I REALLY didn't like this stuff at all. I mean, maybe it would've been fine to use it once in a while to really clean out that hair. But I'm someone who needs their hair to be clean every other day. So this dried out my hair like CRAZY even with the conditioner. I will definitely not repurchase.