October 20, 2014 | 1613 users online

Highlighters - NARS - Illuminator in Copacabana

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2013 12:18:00 AM More reviews by FeeFee34

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

NARS, you disappoint. So I really want to like NARS. I want to buy and have and use NARS products. I want to love them like other people love them. But thereís just nothing I like! The Sephora SA recommended this product over Albatross as a highlighter for me, saying that it would be easier to use, rather than packing on Albatross and hoping that it shows up for its magical highlighting powers. Iím very pale and warm-toned, so something snow/paper/white-out white is simply the same color as my skin, just about. And, sure enough, this product does NOT show up on my skin. At all. I can pack it on and get some glitter out of it, but it wears off quickly. As for mixing it in with my foundation or moisturizer . . . seems pointless. I notice no difference. NARS, please produce a product that actually does something on my skin. I returned Cococabana.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/23/2012 4:27:00 PM More reviews by AntiqueGlitter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

UPDATE 11/24/12:
I disagree with the previous reviewer below me--I'm NC35 and this looks great on me! I believe it'll look great on anyone, including medium and dark skin tones, as long as you apply it minimally and you know how to apply it. As with most makeup products, you can make almost anything work for you--it's all in the application and technique.

ORIGINAL REVIEW:
Copacabana is an invisible pink with a silvery frosty sheen--exactly the same as Benefit High Beam, except it seems to me that High Beam is more frosty and has more reflects (which I prefer).
But that doesn't mean that Copacabana isn't good. In fact, this is a great highlighter. You can add some to your cheekbones (or on cheekbones on top of blush), nose bridge, middle of chin, Cupid's bow, inner eye corners, or brow bone--or wherever you want--to achieve a nice glow. Be careful not to overapply, though--as with all highlighters, less is a LOT more!
I'm not too keen on the formula, though--it's not runny, nor is it too thick, but it's not totally long-lasting. Within a few hours of wear time, I notice that it's already gone. Of course, the packaging is convenient enough to carry in my bag for touch-ups, but I'd rather not have to touch up at all.
It's also quite pricey, retailing at $30 for a 1.1 oz. tube.
Would I repurchase? No.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2012 12:56:00 AM More reviews by tbastas

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

Basically I mix it with my foundation when my skin is feeling extra dry or in the summer when i want less coverage. I use double wear light 1.0 which is a bit dark on my fair skin but this has got a pinky silvery color which makes the foundation a bit lighter and bit more on the neutral side which ends up being a perfect match for me. I do own benefit high beam and i have to say to colors are exactly the same. But i do not like the benefit one because it is hard to apply but nars copacabana is a dream for that.Revlon sells and a liquid illuminator as well but that shade is quite darker and a bit more peachy that this one which doesnt work when i mix it with my double wear light foundation. Copacabana works really well as a highlighter. It gives you a luminous-radiant effect rather than a shimmery one and blends like a dream. I really love this product but the price is a bit over the top for what it is but i will still repurchase. I have to mention that this color will not work well on medium or dark skitones but you can go for the other colors in the range(orgasm and laguna). Do not go for super orgasm because it is quite pinky it would only work under a blush to give your cheeks some radiance not a cheekbone highlighter.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2012 10:48:00 PM More reviews by violas

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Good stuff. I mix a little with my foundation when I need more of a pick up to my complexion.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/22/2012 10:28:00 PM More reviews by mimster09

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this product!! Hooray! Finally, I found a perfect liquid Highlighter for my combination skin. It gives a natural glowy look and stay on my skin all day long. I was told to apply it under my foundation, but I don't think it works for me because after I put my powder on, it doesn't give enough glowy look on my face, so I applied it after powder instead and it's perfect, however, don't apply too much of it because if you apply too much liquid over powder, it's hard to blend into your skin and you will end-up having a messy skin instead. The price is a bit expensive for Highlighter, but it will last a long time....

rated 4 of 5 on 10/3/2012 7:27:00 PM More reviews by mrubatino

I use this as a highlighter on my cheekbones and I love it! It's easy to blend and you only need the tiniest bit. Be careful not to overdo it because it can get very very shiny. I just put a tiny bit on my fingertip, dab it along my cheekbones, and I'm ready to go! Love it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2012 2:30:00 PM More reviews by scs2dd

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Firstly, let me say the formula, smell, ease of application, and packaging are all top-notch. The color just doesn't suit anyone but with the palest and coolest of skintones. I am very light yet I have yellow undertones that clashed with Copacabana; even if you only lean slightly warm of center, you should skip this shade. In the tube, I thought I noticed a very slight golden sheen, but it vanished when I patted it onto my skin. It appears extremely pinkish-silver and a little goes a very long way, so be careful-- much more so than the more-subdued Orgasm.
I know that this shade isn't meant to work for everyone, so I was just giving golden ladies a heads-up; there are many great things about Copacabana characteristic of Nars. As I said, the formula is somewhere between a creme and liquid, so it's easy to work with. It'll last forever because only a tiny dab is needed to highlight the face, and the microscopic shimmers look gorgeous without overwhelming your features. Also the flip-top/small spout dispenser is much easier to handle than the previous twist-cap design (with the latter, I would get an occasional illuminator explosion when I'd try to squeeze some out).
So there it is. On pale, cool women this would be a hit and I highly recommend it. As for me, I'm running back to my Orgasm Illuminator and will never abandon it again!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/7/2012 4:52:00 AM More reviews by luisajames

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

a little goes a long way with this product. it's very dry and must be blended in very well. i like this for all over under liquid and mineral powders but can be a little 'glittery.' better for going out or bolder highlighting. works great for brightening my yellow undertones.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/29/2012 9:08:00 PM More reviews by laxgirl2332

Yes, this was overall a good product, however I would not buy this specific illuminator in this color again. It is extremley hard to blend, because it gets really streaky. Also appears to make skin look oily, or icy. But it does go on very smoothy, and a little product goes such a long way. I do love the orgasim one by NARS though.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/5/2012 5:20:00 PM More reviews by sasflynn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Was really expecting more from this product, literally. You seem to get so little product for the price. The colour pay off isn't great either, it's a very pale colour, too pale for me and I'm NW15! It looks really icy and not in a good way, very early 2000's. It's also really shimmery and just generally looks really tacky. Definitely would not buy it again, NARS seems to be so hit and miss these days.