April 19, 2014 | 872 users online

Highlighters - NARS - Illuminator in Copacabana

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2012 10:48:00 PM More reviews by violas

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Good stuff. I mix a little with my foundation when I need more of a pick up to my complexion.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/22/2012 10:28:00 PM More reviews by mimster09

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this product!! Hooray! Finally, I found a perfect liquid Highlighter for my combination skin. It gives a natural glowy look and stay on my skin all day long. I was told to apply it under my foundation, but I don't think it works for me because after I put my powder on, it doesn't give enough glowy look on my face, so I applied it after powder instead and it's perfect, however, don't apply too much of it because if you apply too much liquid over powder, it's hard to blend into your skin and you will end-up having a messy skin instead. The price is a bit expensive for Highlighter, but it will last a long time....

rated 4 of 5 on 10/3/2012 7:27:00 PM More reviews by mrubatino

I use this as a highlighter on my cheekbones and I love it! It's easy to blend and you only need the tiniest bit. Be careful not to overdo it because it can get very very shiny. I just put a tiny bit on my fingertip, dab it along my cheekbones, and I'm ready to go! Love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/30/2012 2:30:00 PM More reviews by scs2dd

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Firstly, let me say the formula, smell, ease of application, and packaging are all top-notch. The color just doesn't suit anyone but with the palest and coolest of skintones. I am very light yet I have yellow undertones that clashed with Copacabana; even if you only lean slightly warm of center, you should skip this shade. In the tube, I thought I noticed a very slight golden sheen, but it vanished when I patted it onto my skin. It appears extremely pinkish-silver and a little goes a very long way, so be careful-- much more so than the more-subdued Orgasm.
I know that this shade isn't meant to work for everyone, so I was just giving golden ladies a heads-up; there are many great things about Copacabana characteristic of Nars. As I said, the formula is somewhere between a creme and liquid, so it's easy to work with. It'll last forever because only a tiny dab is needed to highlight the face, and the microscopic shimmers look gorgeous without overwhelming your features. Also the flip-top/small spout dispenser is much easier to handle than the previous twist-cap design (with the latter, I would get an occasional illuminator explosion when I'd try to squeeze some out).
So there it is. On pale, cool women this would be a hit and I highly recommend it. As for me, I'm running back to my Orgasm Illuminator and will never abandon it again!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/7/2012 4:52:00 AM More reviews by luisajames

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

a little goes a long way with this product. it's very dry and must be blended in very well. i like this for all over under liquid and mineral powders but can be a little 'glittery.' better for going out or bolder highlighting. works great for brightening my yellow undertones.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/29/2012 9:08:00 PM More reviews by laxgirl2332

Yes, this was overall a good product, however I would not buy this specific illuminator in this color again. It is extremley hard to blend, because it gets really streaky. Also appears to make skin look oily, or icy. But it does go on very smoothy, and a little product goes such a long way. I do love the orgasim one by NARS though.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/5/2012 5:20:00 PM More reviews by sasflynn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Was really expecting more from this product, literally. You seem to get so little product for the price. The colour pay off isn't great either, it's a very pale colour, too pale for me and I'm NW15! It looks really icy and not in a good way, very early 2000's. It's also really shimmery and just generally looks really tacky. Definitely would not buy it again, NARS seems to be so hit and miss these days.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2012 9:45:00 PM More reviews by GlamDiva

Copacabana Illuminator is similar to MAC Strobe cream or Strobe lotion, however I find the Nars to be more concentrated and the tube prevents the product drying out into lumps in a pump bottle. Extremely versatile and multi-purpose, and a little goes a long way. Browbone, center of the lid, mix with foundation or concealer, top of cheekbones, etc. One of my favorite products of all time.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2012 8:26:00 PM More reviews by trillium13

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I got this in a set as a free gift from Sephora. I'm glad I didn't pay full price for it. I think the color is beautiful on my pale skin, and it has just the right amount of shimmer, but! I find the formula extremely difficult to work with. This product is extremely sticky and very hard to blend. I've tried fingers and stippling brushes and the brush seems to work the best, if I spread a drop of the product on the back of my hand first. It's very hard to work with on the face. It's super sticky and dries pretty fast, so it's hard to blend it out so it looks smooth. If you're not careful, when you turn your head and look in the mirror, you will see blotchy shimmer patches instead of a nicely highlighted cheekbone. I like the color enough to try to use it up, but there are much better liquid or cream highlighters available; think Benefit or UD. I won't buy it again and can't recommend it.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2012 7:48:00 PM More reviews by kcallz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Love using this as a highlighter above my blush. It really compliments my skin tone and I think will really freshen me up during the winter!