August 29, 2014 | 1770 users online

Liquid - Mary Kay - Time Wise Matte Wear Liquid Foundation

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/6/2013 7:45:00 PM More reviews by AgentMakeup007

It has a wide variety of color selection, so you are bound to find the right shade. It also has a buildable coverage, and it looks BEAUTIFUL! Makes the skin look like porcelain and lasts throughout the day decently. It doesn't have a foul smell, and a little goes a long way... Well, I have lots of good things to say about this foundation!
As for the cons, I just find the price a little too high, (as usual with Mary Kay products). I should just forget about my friend consultant and start purchasing online for best deals on this (and other) brands. Also, I noticed my skin started breaking out more regularly since I started using this foundation (I have combination skin), but I can't assure you this product is the definite culprit since I have been dealing with college stress and hormones and all that stuff lol. Anyways, I'm sure you'll love this product. Take it from someone with VERY problematic skin.
********** UPDATE *********
Looks beautiful after HOURS of use and controls oil amazingly! I find it works better for me than many other high end foundations I own! Lasts a lot, love it.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/30/2013 6:23:00 PM More reviews by Gracie15

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a really good foundation for normal to dry skin , not for very oily skin because after couple of hours it slides of your skin !
I like the coverage ,its not full coverage so don't expect that.
It feels very light weight ,you won't feel like your wearing a mask .wide range of colors .

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2013 10:18:00 PM More reviews by xxch3yxx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This foundation works wonders! It leaves my skin looking porcelain perfect and still looking natural! The color selection is very wide so you are bound to find the perfect shade.

The cons are that it doesn't have very much product and it shouldn't cost $20 for such a small tube. BUT if you purchase a Mary Kay liquid foundation brush, you will find yourself using much less product but STILL getting full coverage, thus, making the product last a whole lot longer. Thankfully, with this foundation, a little goes a long way. You don't need to use so much! Iv had mine for 8 months and still have half a tube left. I guess that's why they make it so small. Overall, the product is wonderful and deserves a full rating!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/26/2013 9:22:00 PM More reviews by cdwhitehaus

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like the color of the foundation - 03. It matches my fair skin tone well. However, it does not make me matte in the t-zone for any longer than 2 hours. I have to use a blotting tissue, but then the makeup slides. If my face gets too oily, it slides. I had a really embarrassing situation at work during a meeting that was really important. It was in the morning even, so I'd only had my makeup on for an hour and a half. After the meeting I went to the bathroom to find that my makeup had slid into little clumps! When it's not sliding, it looks caky and unnatural.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2013 7:03:00 PM More reviews by dustyjil

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I really like this foundation. it applies easily in small sections, covers well, blends into my skin and keeps my skin matte on warm humid days. I normally have dry skin, but live in a climate with high humidity and warmth/heat in the spring/summer. I substitute in our school district and the elementary schools are not air conditioned. The air flow is not good and it always seems humid in a classroom. It handles transitions between going outside and inside well. My face perspires, but this doesn't melt off. If I blot, it doesn't transfer or wipe away.

Although I consider this a summer foundation, I use it year round. I have someone else's nose. You remember that game you played when you were a kid and someone steals your nose. Well, my magician Uncle stole my nose and gave me someone else's. Seriously, that is what it seems like. My skin is DRY in the winter. So dry it's painful and rough. My nose on the other hand is smooth, shiny and oily. I cannot get foundation or concealer to adhere to it, and did I mention it's red? Yup, call me Rudolf. Enter this foundation that my kind Mary Kay rep let me try. It applies like a dream and sets quickly. It doesn't melt, or get cakey. I apply it first and allow it to set then apply the Luminous or other foundation of the day on the rest of my face. I bought it for that reason alone, and then discovered how well it works all over in summer. in the winter this is too dry for my cheeks and forehead.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/3/2013 6:47:00 AM More reviews by ClaireF24

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

First: I have normal to slightly dry skin. I have some Mary Kay products in my collection that I am trying to use up this month and this is one of them. That being said, this is my review.

1: This is a great, true matte wear foundation that lasts all day and is transfer resistant. I did not have to set it with a powder is it so matte. It sets pretty fast, so work in small areas of the face. (I use a sponge, not a brush.) I also use Mary Kay primer which is a pretty great matte finish primer with the adder benefit of a sunscreen.

My powder blush and bronzer looked radiant over it and the color I picked (Ivory 6) was perfect.

2: It is also so matte that it made my already slightly dry skin flakily, so it is for oily skin only! But I can't blame the foundation for doing what it was designed to do, so it didn't lose any lippies for that.

3:The cap on the tube sucks, I feel like I can't get it on easily and that it will come off at any moment so I have to store it upside-down. Lost a lippie for that.

Overall, I would use this foundation in the summer when the NYC heat and humidity become overbearing and I have to spend a lot of time on hot subway platforms. I think it would keep things pretty and fresh even then. I definitely recommend using it with the MK primer because it does not have a sunscreen and you need the extra smoothing. Don't use this if you have dry skin.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2013 12:52:00 PM More reviews by Ebecks

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I normally wear luminous finish foundations but when I have special events that involve photography for myself or others, I use this. This is GREAT for brides so you don't have oily flashback form the camera flash. This also has no SPF so no white flashback from cameras! The shades can be confusing but they have colors for yellow tone, olive tone, pink tone, very pink tone, and darker shades as well. For women of darker completions mixing two shades work best because their is so much variety in darker skin than ivory. Use a primer and if you have really oily skin use a oil mattifier for best results. The finish is a natural matte and lasts all day, great choice for those who love matte or special events. I will onto use to use this for myself and others.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2013 3:32:00 AM More reviews by Jloves

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this liquid foundation! it makes you look so natural and flawless! it doesn't feel cakey at all it leaves just a natural, matte, pretty finish. I use the mk mineral foundation over to set it and it helps control the oils from my skin and it does not make you break out. I love mary kay! this is the only brand of foundation that i will wear.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2013 6:13:00 AM More reviews by katesophie98

I love this foundation . I wanted to find a foundation that was close to or as good as my mac studio fix fluid but a little cheaper and matched me a little better, as nc15 is still a little dark and a bit too yellow for me. I really do love the studio fix fluid but as i have fairly oily skin and it left me blotting every few hours . So I needed something that controlled my oil, left me with as good coverage as the studio fix fluid and a better colour match.

I got a few samples to try out and find my colour, and I really wasnt expecting too much from it . When I tested out ivory 3 , it was a perfect match . It blended so well and it covered just as good as my studio fix fluid . I didn't need to blot all day and
It looked just like how I applied it 8 hours before . Defiantely my HG foundation for now !

rated 3 of 5 on 1/16/2013 1:13:00 PM More reviews by Cydney7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

If only there was a shade of this foundation that matched my skin better this would be my favorite foundation! They discontinued my favorite foundation (Medium coverage) and I thought this would work better but it's really not my shade :-(