April 17, 2014 | 1424 users online

Liquid - Mary Kay - Time Wise Matte Wear Liquid Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 4/3/2013 6:47:00 AM More reviews by ClaireF24

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

First: I have normal to slightly dry skin. I have some Mary Kay products in my collection that I am trying to use up this month and this is one of them. That being said, this is my review.

1: This is a great, true matte wear foundation that lasts all day and is transfer resistant. I did not have to set it with a powder is it so matte. It sets pretty fast, so work in small areas of the face. (I use a sponge, not a brush.) I also use Mary Kay primer which is a pretty great matte finish primer with the adder benefit of a sunscreen.

My powder blush and bronzer looked radiant over it and the color I picked (Ivory 6) was perfect.

2: It is also so matte that it made my already slightly dry skin flakily, so it is for oily skin only! But I can't blame the foundation for doing what it was designed to do, so it didn't lose any lippies for that.

3:The cap on the tube sucks, I feel like I can't get it on easily and that it will come off at any moment so I have to store it upside-down. Lost a lippie for that.

Overall, I would use this foundation in the summer when the NYC heat and humidity become overbearing and I have to spend a lot of time on hot subway platforms. I think it would keep things pretty and fresh even then. I definitely recommend using it with the MK primer because it does not have a sunscreen and you need the extra smoothing. Don't use this if you have dry skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2013 12:52:00 PM More reviews by Ebecks

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I normally wear luminous finish foundations but when I have special events that involve photography for myself or others, I use this. This is GREAT for brides so you don't have oily flashback form the camera flash. This also has no SPF so no white flashback from cameras! The shades can be confusing but they have colors for yellow tone, olive tone, pink tone, very pink tone, and darker shades as well. For women of darker completions mixing two shades work best because their is so much variety in darker skin than ivory. Use a primer and if you have really oily skin use a oil mattifier for best results. The finish is a natural matte and lasts all day, great choice for those who love matte or special events. I will onto use to use this for myself and others.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2013 3:32:00 AM More reviews by Jloves

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this liquid foundation! it makes you look so natural and flawless! it doesn't feel cakey at all it leaves just a natural, matte, pretty finish. I use the mk mineral foundation over to set it and it helps control the oils from my skin and it does not make you break out. I love mary kay! this is the only brand of foundation that i will wear.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2013 6:13:00 AM More reviews by katesophie98

I love this foundation . I wanted to find a foundation that was close to or as good as my mac studio fix fluid but a little cheaper and matched me a little better, as nc15 is still a little dark and a bit too yellow for me. I really do love the studio fix fluid but as i have fairly oily skin and it left me blotting every few hours . So I needed something that controlled my oil, left me with as good coverage as the studio fix fluid and a better colour match.

I got a few samples to try out and find my colour, and I really wasnt expecting too much from it . When I tested out ivory 3 , it was a perfect match . It blended so well and it covered just as good as my studio fix fluid . I didn't need to blot all day and
It looked just like how I applied it 8 hours before . Defiantely my HG foundation for now !

rated 3 of 5 on 1/16/2013 1:13:00 PM More reviews by Cydney7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

If only there was a shade of this foundation that matched my skin better this would be my favorite foundation! They discontinued my favorite foundation (Medium coverage) and I thought this would work better but it's really not my shade :-(

rated 2 of 5 on 1/10/2013 10:28:00 AM More reviews by myrasays

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I do not break out anymore, not since I was about 19-20 (I am now 23). I used to have cystic acne. The long and short of this product is that my cystic acne returned after using this product for approximately 2 months (thankfully not with a vengeance). As soon as I erupted, I blamed other sources- I cycled through my daily routine of products to figure out the culprit and unfortunately I concluded it was this foundation ruining my skin.

I had a similar reaction when I used the luminous wear foundation - but returned that for the matte assuming the former was too oily for my skin. Wrong. It's just crap product/line (Sorry Mary Kay).

Cons - cystic acne, uneven skin, extremely enlarged pores (still trying to fix this one :-/), irritation & burning when applied near eyes, doesn't blend well, takes awhile to "set" into skin (I used to stand in front of the fan lol).

Pros - color selection, stays matte, smooth finish

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2013 4:56:00 PM More reviews by Simplicity310

This foundation did not work for my cystic acne skin. The coverage wasn't very natural in my opinion. My skin has improved after discontinuing use.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/22/2012 4:26:00 PM More reviews by Jessica84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I used to sell Mary Kay, but do not anymore so this is not a biased review. I will stick with this foundation, I love it! I have extremely oily skin and have tried everything to control it. Mineral foundation (horrible for this oily of skin), Revlon Colorstay, Estee Lauder DW and DW light, Almay, MUFE matte velvet, MAC, Neutrogena, Clinique, Avon, Origins, Lancome, Elizabeth Arden, Merle Norman, etc. This foundation controls my oil better than all the rest. And it has great coverage and lots of colors to choose from. The colors definitely run light and each color has a different undertone to it so you really need to get matched (example: beige 2 is warmer with yellow undertones, beige three is much lighter with pink undertones). I recommend this foundation to people with very oily skin. I have combo/oily skin and just use a good moisturizer underneath and apply a heavier one to dry patches, which I would do with any foundation. I set my foundation with a cornstarch-based finishing powder (nothing controls oil better in my opinion). Do I get oily later in the day? Yes, because I have oily skin. NOTHING with stop my face from producing oil, but the combo of this foundation with my finishing powder keeps it at bay better than anything else I've tried.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 12/18/2012 9:51:00 AM More reviews by sampam

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

VERY drying. I have acne-prone skin, and even on my oily t-zone this will stick to ANY dry areas. it looks very matte, but you can see each and every dry flake on your skin with this foundation. (My skin gets a bit dry with acne-treatments).

after about 3 hours my oil will start breaking thru, and then I have oily patches and dry patches on my face. its like a bad cocktail all mixed together on my face.

Wouldn't recommend this to anybody that has normal/dry or even combination skin.

and If you are to use it, make sure you use a good primer with this product.

all in all its just way too drying/matte for me. the coverage I would say is medium.

I don't think I would buy this product again... maaaaaybeee for the summer. We'll see:-P

rated 1 of 5 on 12/17/2012 1:09:00 AM More reviews by lindsaymak10

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really dislike this foundation. I have combination skin, which gets drier in the winter months. It's quite acneic as well. I've tried this with Rimmel primer and/or Smashbox hydrating primer. That's AFTER I slather on moisturizer. It doesn't sit well on the skin and doesn't cover up my breakouts (healed or otherwise). It emphasizes dryness and fine lines as well. Whenever I use this, I have to cake on a ton of concealer over the top of it. I hate the packaging because the foundation comes out so liquidy. The lighter tones seem to be extremely yellow based. It does NOT wash out of my makeup brushes. I use baby shampoo usually, but deep clean them with olive oil and Dawn about once a month. Nothing will take it off the synthetic hairs. I cannot speak to whether or not this gives me acne, I'm always having hormonal breakouts, so it's hard to pinpoint exterior culprits.