Mary Kay Time Wise Matte Wear Liquid Foundation

3.8

Aqua, Cyclopentasiloxane, Butylene Glycol, PEG-9 Dimethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Lauryl Methacrylate/Glycol Dimethacrylate Crosspolymer, Talc, PEG/PPG-20/15 Dimethicone, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Magnesium Sulfate, Silica, Propylene Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Nylon-12, Glycerin, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Acrylates/Dimethicone Copolymer, Diazolidinyl Urea, Cyclohexasiloxane, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Xanthan Gum, Methylparaben, Disodium EDTA, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Aluminum Hydroxide, Propylparaben, Dimethicone, Sorbitan Laurate, Tristearin, Acetylated Glycol Stearate, Lactic Acid, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides.

on 1/7/2014 7:27:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I really like this makeup. For those of you who LOVED Revlon's Mattifyling Makeup (which unfortunately was discontinued a few years back) this Mary Kay Timewise Matte foundation comes very close. It is not quite as watery as Revlon's Mattifying. It comes in a tube and is rather thin but definitely not watery. It gives me very good coverage without looking cakey. No powder needed. Makes my face feel very soft and not "makeup-y".

I use moisturizer under it now (winter) - may not need to in the hot summer. It is somewhat build-able but you have to work fast before it dries. I have found that it is better if I apply my concealer before applying the foundation. If I wait until after the makeup has dried the concealer doesn't go on as well.

I will buy this again, but may try a different color. A co-worker started selling Mary Kay and gave me several samples. I decided on Beige 2 but now it seems to be a little too yellow.

on 12/30/2013 2:17:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This liquid foundation works for me.. keeps my skin glow with medium coverage, i cant go out without wearing this thing.. love it

on 12/19/2013 3:29:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

If you want pimples, then this product is for you!

Also, if you want people asking why you are wearing so much foundation, then this product is for you!

Impossible to blend and looks like cake.

on 12/8/2013 8:30:00 PM

Somebody tried to tell me that Mary Kay was the same as Lancome, so I went to a Mary Kay open house and tried this one on. I currently use Teint Visionnaire from Lancome, which isn't even in the same category as this cheap feeling Mary Kay foundation This stuff really burned my sensitive skin. I had it on for about an hour and I had to wash it off, and my skin was all red and blotchy after. Coverage looked chalky and fake and I didn't care for the way it looked. Worst foundation I ever used, worse than Walmart brands. I've never had a foundation actually burn my skin before.

on 12/3/2013 4:21:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I used to wear this foundation because I am extremely oily. Keeps my face matte for a few hours but when you blot your face, it comes off too. Good full coverage, though.

on 12/1/2013 5:12:00 PM

This really didn't cut it for me. The color match was good but in order for me to get decent coverage I had to put so much on that it caked up, even with a primer, powder and setting spray. Not worth the money and having to deal with an annoying sales person

on 11/20/2013 1:44:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Its a good product. I love the way it goes on , a very pretty porcelain look. What i dont like about it , is that after a few hours (3-4 hrs) it starts showing the redness around my cheeks. Im not sure if its full coverage or not but maybe thats the reason why ... I was also wondering if that was bcus i didnt put enough on ?? Can anyone help me with that ?!

on 11/11/2013 9:20:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I should say that I have normal/combination-dry skin, but the luminous foundation looks glittery, shiny and pasty all at the same time, so I tried this. I LOVE medium coverage and the now discontinued full-coverage, but the new ones are really bad. This may be good for VERY oily skin, but for the majority of skin (slightly oily through normal/combo), this is WAY too drying. I also don't like the watery texture of the new foundations. The old ones were I think a silicone base and kind of sat on top of fine lines and flaws...these are watery and sink in.

Mary Kay makes excellent products but I really don't know what the company was thinking with these...too bad.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse

It has a wide variety of color selection, so you are bound to find the right shade. It also has a buildable coverage, and it looks BEAUTIFUL! Makes the skin look like porcelain and lasts throughout the day decently. It doesn't have a foul smell, and a little goes a long way... Well, I have lots of good things to say about this foundation!
As for the cons, I just find the price a little too high, (as usual with Mary Kay products). I should just forget about my friend consultant and start purchasing online for best deals on this (and other) brands. Also, I noticed my skin started breaking out more regularly since I started using this foundation (I have combination skin), but I can't assure you this product is the definite culprit since I have been dealing with college stress and hormones and all that stuff lol. Anyways, I'm sure you'll love this product. Take it from someone with VERY problematic skin.
********** UPDATE *********
Looks beautiful after HOURS of use and controls oil amazingly! I find it works better for me than many other high end foundations I own! Lasts a lot, love it.

on 7/30/2013 6:23:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This is a really good foundation for normal to dry skin , not for very oily skin because after couple of hours it slides of your skin !
I like the coverage ,its not full coverage so don't expect that.
It feels very light weight ,you won't feel like your wearing a mask .wide range of colors .