The Body Shop Tea Tree Skin Clearing Lotion

3.3

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Aqua (Solvent/Diluent), Cyclopentasiloxane (Skin-Conditioning Agent/Emollient), Cyclohexasiloxane (Chelating Agent), Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate (Absorbent/Anticaking Agent), Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer (Viscosity Increasing Agent), Caprylyl Glycol (Skin Conditioning Agent), Acrylamide/Ammonium Acrylate Copolymer (Binder), Melaleuca Alternifolia Leaf Oil (Natural Additive), Calophyllum Inophyllum Seed Oil (Skin Conditioning Agent), Polyisobutene (Binder), Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer (Stabiliser/Viscosity Modifier), Salix Alba Bark Extract (Natural Additive), Polysorbate 20 (Emulsifier), Sorbitan Isostearate (Emulsifier), Sodium Hydroxide (pH Adjuster), Limonene (Natural Additive), Laureth-4 (Emulsifier/Surfactant), Citral (Natural Additive), Leptospermum Petersonii Oil (Natural Additive), Tocopherol (Antioxidant).

on 3/25/2014 2:10:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I used this on top of using The Body Shop Tea Tree Facial Wash and Tea Tree Toner. It is a gentle lotion and did not look oily when I applied it. But it still broke me out with the other related products I used with it. When my skin was dried out from using the face wash and toner, I applied this and it still showed my dried out skin. I don't think it made a difference in my skin. It just gave me more acne along with the other products, sadly. The packaging can be messy when opened. Will not purchase again.

on 3/10/2014 4:23:00 AM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I quiet like this, the bottle a bit small but you only need a little bit as its kinda runny and it absorbs really quick. This really balances my skin out and keeps my face matte all day. Doesnt really ''clear" skin but it made some difference to mine. Depending on how long the bottle last me depends if ill get it again but pretty good.

I really like this lotion. I have combination skin with a rather oily t-zone so I'm usually pretty shiny by late afternoon. I use this lotion as my morning/day moisturizer and it really helps my skin stay matte. At night I counter balance it's effect by moisturizing my skin with argan oil and so far it's worked out pretty well for me.

I love this product. It's lightweight and absorbs fairly quick. I will definitely buy this product again!

on 1/21/2014 9:36:00 PM

I don't think that it works as a skin clearing lotion. I wouldn't recommend it for dry skin because it will highlight your dry patches, I had to put a cream on top of it. I find that it leaves a white powdery residue on areas that aren't rubbed in. Also, it is a tiny tube and not worth the price it costs even on sale.

on 1/21/2014 7:54:00 PM

This moisturizer is good, not too heavy but not too light, its like a mattifying moisturizer for me but a big CONS for this product is its dry my skin and cause flaky 5 minutes after I used it. I have oily/combination skin but it's still dry my cheeks and chin out.
- I stop use it for a few times because I always have to apply it over and over gain, if you don't have dry skin then you should use this product.

on 10/17/2013 9:59:00 PM

I absolutely love this moisturizer. It absorbs into my skin within seconds and keeps my forehead area shine-free for some time since it has mattifying properties. It leaves me skin so smooth and supple and doesn't give me breakouts. I recommend using it with the other tea tree products from this range for best effects! Love this!!!

on 10/2/2013 3:28:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I bought almost the entire tea tree line, the oil, the body wash, the face scrub, the toner, the night lotion and the day lotion. I heard great reviews on the line and gave it a shot because I had tiny bumps along my cheeks and the occasional blemish here and there. Looking back now, I was trying to fix a problem that was very small... And in doing so I made it worse tenfold. I began breaking out when I fist started to use the line, but I assumed it was "purging" my skin of all of the impurities so I continued use. After 2 1/2 weeks, I had multiple cystic pimples (three on my left cheek, three on my forehead, six (yes six!) on my right cheek) but I still assumed it was purging. After a month of continual use my face was destroyed. I have never had acne like this. After a month of stopping the tea tree line the pimples will not go away, and there are even some new ones, along with new acne scars. I honestly don't know what happened... I used everything accordingly and never skipped a day. This line changed my skin for the worse. I am now seeing a dermatologist to attempt to fix what the $60+ tea tree line caused. I urge anyone with sensitive skin to stay far away from this product and I recommend to everyone to get a sample and patch test before buying. In conclusion, i wish I had never bought the tea tree line as it has caused permanent damage to my face.

on 9/5/2013 10:27:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I recently turned to this product during an unexpected and unusually severe breakout on my forehead and chin. I applied it that night and noticed significant results by morning, the flares were smaller and much less red. It has now been a week and my skin is cleared. This product did not irritate my sensitive skin, and does a great job of controlling oil. It doesn't offer much in the way of moisture, which is perfect for me in the summer, but I imagine I will be needing something else for the winter. Loving this stuff, it is pretty much a miracle!

on 8/31/2013 12:41:00 PM

This is a good shine controlling moisturiser that keeps my oily forehead shine free for a few hours. it sinks in nicely and leaves skin soft and matte but not dry, however I think this May be clogging my pores, ever since I've been using this I've had so many clogged pores and breakouts, I normally have a problem with clogging anyway but I think this is making it worse, it was a good shine control moisturiser but wouldn't purchase again.

Popular Moisturizers