April 17, 2014 | 1694 users online

Moisturizers - The Body Shop - Tea Tree Skin Clearing Lotion

rated 4 of 5 on 1/17/2013 12:02:00 AM More reviews by Smalls2234

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use this product every night and every morning. In the 4 days that I've used it, I am in LOVE! I have oily skin, very oily skin, and the minute that I rub the lotion onto my face, the matte finish that it gives, I LOVE! And the matte finish lasts through the night and I wake up to a fresh face, not a greasy, oily mess. During the day, when I use it, it kind of acts like a primer, in my opinion. I'm so satisfied with this product and in this short time that I've been using it, like I said, I LOVE IT!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2012 10:15:00 PM More reviews by bekahh101

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I switched from the Body Shop Seaweed Mattifying Day Cream to this a few months ago, and I must say I'm still very impressed. I was originally going to buy this instead of the seaweed one however the SA talked me into trying the seaweed one as it tends to be a bit less drying than tea tree, however I found it not quite oil-controlling enough. I changed to this one and found it very light, cooling and refreshing as soon as you apply it.

It absorbs very easily and does not leave a visible residue, nor can you feel a residue. My skin still feels very clean after applying this. I don't find it very drying, however I occasionally (a.k.a. almost never) get very small dry patches near my nose, and I find that if I apply just a little bit more than usual of this near my nose they go away within a day or two, so whilst it does an excellent job of oil control it is also a good moisturiser.

No problems with the packaging, I like the flip-top squeeze tube, however I would like to see a larger size become available. The price is decent considering it is a Body Shop product, however like all their products I would like to see it a little lower.

Overall, I am very happy with the job this moisturiser does for my oily skin and have already repurchased more than once.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/5/2012 2:39:00 PM More reviews by SueZac

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

http://www.ewg.org/skindeep/ingredient/700326/ALUMINUM_STARCH_OCTENYLSUCCINATE/ -

ALUMINUM STARCH OCTENYLSUCCINATE. - looks like all cosmetic have this ingredient in them.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/20/2012 1:57:00 AM More reviews by mskityin

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I thought my skin isn't that sensitive since I am a frequent use of AHA,
I found this tea tree a little too harsh for me.
I had breakouts and thought this will help. In the end, my face was flushed and warm after applying.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/19/2012 4:11:00 PM More reviews by kkate

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

When I first got it, I was not impressed. I felt like it strung and didn't do anything. I thought is was too harsh. I then started to use it over the summer and really fell in love. It didn't feel greasy when putting on and my skin stayed matte throughout the day. I definitely feel like it helped keep my skin clear over the summer. I do not use it in the winter because although I have oily skin, I need more moisture after washing my face in the winter.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/30/2012 10:28:00 PM More reviews by cosmic007

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I had high hopes for this product, as I have oily skin, but I was sorely disappointed. Not only was it ineffective at controlling shine, but the 4th ingredient listed (out of many) is ALUMINUM STARCH OCTENYLSUCCINATE. According to various sources, it is a chemical that is toxic to the human nervous system and is a suspected developmental neurotoxin. The aluminum compounds are also suspected respiratory hazards. Please ladies, let's be smart about what we put on our skin. Cancer is far too common these days. For safety's sake, stay away from this product!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/14/2012 10:25:00 AM More reviews by emilyjune2010

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This stuff smells bad, and not even like tea tree oil, I know that smell. It is EXTREMELY expensive for someone who is used to buying the cheap stuff at the drugstore, and you don't get a lot of product either. However, I LOVE what it is doing for my skin. A little drying but my face needs it, I have really oily skin. AND my acne is slowly clearing up with the mini kit of their tea tree line. I've only used for roughly 10 times and will come back to update in a few weeks!

EDIT: I loved it while it lasted but moved on to bigger and better things. I had figured out that tea tree oil, salysilic acid, AND benzoyl peroxide all irritated my skin and made my acne ten times worse. After switching to Philosophy Purity Made Simple, my face has been clear! This lotion was too harsh and smelled kinda funky and dried my skin out. but I've gone all naturaly since trying this product and have been moisturizing with extra virgin coconut oil and sweet almond oil and my skin is clear!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/11/2012 2:26:00 PM More reviews by HerrDrosselmeyersDoll

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've only used it once, but after that one time use I'm afraid to try it again! I have ridiculously oily skin, and I was hoping it would help keep my foundation on to last longer throughout my long work shifts, but I found myself adding a different moisturizer, (Clean & Clear), to it because of the uncomfortable tight feeling it left me with. It's not hydrating as it boasts, though it most certainly is lightweight. I know, through trial and error, that despite the fact that I have oily skin I should still try to keep it as moisturized as possible so my sebaceous glands don't send off signals that my skin is overly dry and overproduce oil. This product seemed to have made my skin slightly oilier for just that reason, it's too drying for someone with such overactive sebaceous glands. I'll keep trying to work it into my daily skincare regime, but I'm a tad wary of it and a little unsure if I should even bother. On a lighter note, the scent is rather refreshing; and when applied it has a pleasant tingly sensation.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/4/2012 2:24:00 AM More reviews by stella0r

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

It claims to control oil - did nothing for me.
It should prevent pimples - I still get pimples around "that" time of the month, not more, not less pimples either.

Didn't break me out, though. So after I finish my tube, I'm on to the next moisturizer....

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2012 3:55:00 AM More reviews by sparkle24

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I've been using this lotion for only a week now, but I can already see the effect. It works magic on my skin and already managed to clear my skin up. The moment I apply it on my skin I get a soothing sensation, it gets absorbed real fast and there is absolutely no greasy feeling and the skin remains grease-free for a long time. I also use the Tea Tree Facial Wash and Toner to go with it- together they are a winning team!

Of course it remains to be seen if this super performance continues, if not then I will modify my review in future, but for now I'm really impressed.