July 28, 2014 | 2011 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Sheen Supreme Lipstick - Bare Again

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2012 5:57:00 PM More reviews by Denise18

I was so disappointed when MAC discontinued the Slimshines, but I'm very happy with the Sheen Supremes as a replacement. For me, Bare Again Sheen Supreme is definitely comparable to Bare Slimshine. Bare Again is the perfect pinky-nude for my NC20 complexion. It's not too pale that I look like a zombie and not too beigey-nude that makes me look like I have concealer lips. It's just perfect! This is a nude that's very wearable for everyday, and with a smoky eye for evening. The formula is creamy, glossy, and just a bit sheer (reminds me of a glossier Lustre formula, which is my favorite of the MAC lipstick formulas). I also love how the packaging snaps very tightly closed (no worries that it's going to open in my bag). I would repurchase Bare Again in a heartbeat.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2012 12:34:00 AM More reviews by LovelyWhite6

When looking for a nude lipstick shade, the MUA picked this out for me, trying it on it glided on smoothly, the color was very close to my lip colour, and it had a nice glossy finish. The finish was similar to Anna Sui glossy lipsticks. I use this everyday, and lasts a few good hours, I only reapply after eating. I have no problem with the packaging. It's a nice glossy black tube. I guess thats a reminder to whats inside. I have read a couple of reviews saying the lid is hard to take off. Well I would rather have a lipstick that seals properly rather than have one that falls apart in my bag. It's not nice seeing an opened Anna Sui lipstick in your bag and the product been contaminated by the dust and dirt particles. Overall a great base shade for NC20 skin, I feel I'm going to go through this lipstick within a couple of months cos it is so glossy its like lip balm. I can't wait try other shades though I would probably buy this color again.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/10/2012 11:01:00 AM More reviews by theleia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Absolutely the most pigmented glossy lipstick, comparable to Esprique. Anna Sui's glossy lipsticks are as faint as balms. Dior lipsticks come on a little sheer. If I had any gripe about the MAC sheen supreme lipsticks, it's the small range of colours. The packaging is not fantastic either, just a slim glossy black tube. The lipstick gets used up at a manic rate because of how glossy it is. Love the chocolatey scent, different from the other ranges of MAC lipsticks. Doesn't settle into creases, but on dry days I still use a balm underneath.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/9/2011 1:37:00 PM More reviews by isavella

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a really nice shade with an awkward formula. Am I alone here? It's a nude with a slight warm pink cast which really helps avoid the attractive "death lips" look. It's good and creamy. However, application is a bit strange for me; it goes on easily enough but seems to just sit on top of my lips. So I rub it in to blend and avoid that layer of lipstick look. Then, after all that, it's gone within 15 minutes. Bizarre. If anyone can recommend a similar shade with a better formula, that would be awesome. The hunt for nude lipstick is so annoying. Found my perfect red immediately!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/30/2011 11:32:00 PM More reviews by ManhattanMermaid

This is a GREAT color for everyday use! When you're at a loss for what to wear on your lips, this is the one to go to! It goes with everything from dramatic to naural looks. You don't even need a lipliner with this. This lives in my carry on makeup bag, it doesn't get lost in my vanity like most of my other lipsticks do. It's creamy, shiny and moisturizing. And it seems like there's more in the tube than regular MAC lipsticks (I could be wrong bc the weight isn't printed on the tube, it's on the boxes and I threw mine away), but for the same price. It's a wearable pinkish nude. Heard it was a dupe for Bare Slimshine. Perfection. For referance I'm about an NC25-30 skintone.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2011 4:55:00 PM More reviews by Bulbasaur

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Great lipstick! I LOVE the texture, it has a glossy finish that's very subtle and it has the holding power of a lipstick. It doesn't feel sticky AT ALL. It looks amazing on my NW15 skin. Really a MLBB kinda lipstick for my skin tone. You can definitely build up a little color when layering application. This is my first sheen supreme lipstick and I will definitely continue buying this as opposed to sticky watery glosses. The smell is nice and I can't say anything bad about the taste. It retails at about 17.50$CAD, which is a fair price.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2011 5:20:00 PM More reviews by magicloop2009

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is the newest one out. It's better than the MAC SLimshine. This are kinda like Bobbi Brown. They last long. And I like the Plum, Maroon, Wine, Burgundy colors the best. It lasts for hours even after eating and drinking. Itlasts all day at work and even 11+ hours without reapplying only if you put alot on. It's very strorg kinda like matte. Vry moisturizng too......

rated 4 of 5 on 10/9/2011 3:39:00 PM More reviews by internetgirl

It is a medium pink slightly peachy color on the lips. Texture is thick and creamy. Pigmented. More sheen than other MAC lipsticks of the permanent line. Looks natural on the lips.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/19/2011 11:22:00 AM More reviews by GeekChic82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This is my daily go-to lipstick, and I adore it. It's much more hydrating, and is great if you're looking for the look of lipstick with the moisturizing of a balm or gloss. It does need more re-applying than tackier lipsticks,but it feels very natural and soft.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/13/2011 6:07:00 AM More reviews by cheetah7

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I just recently acquired this l/s and with my tan (nc42 currently) and pigmented lips, the color comes out as a mauvey-beige with a hint of brown. On me, I'd call this a neutral shade as opposed to nude and it's very wearable in the sense that it doesn't wash me out. With that said, it is a perfect everyday color. It goes with almost any makeup looks. If I'm in a bind and don't know what l/s to wear, this is a very safe shade to grab, especially where I work. It's also a no-brainer color. Just swipe and go, even without the use of a mirror. Consistency is creamy and glossy without the sticky-ness or tackyness of a gloss. Coverage is about medium but can be built upon. Without eating or drinking I can get about 3 hrs of wear, which isn't too bad considering it isn't a matte l/s. The best part is even after it wears off, it doesn't leave my lips feeling dry or chapped. This is definitely going to be one of my staple, everyday lippies.