April 21, 2014 | 1821 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Hard Candy - Sheer Envy Skin Perfecting Primer

rated 4 of 5 on 10/21/2012 11:04:00 PM More reviews by cjgrrl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love how some people love it and others simply hate it. I really do like this primer though, you can't beat the price...eight bux at Walmart in Toronto. I used the illuminating primer and last time and it lasted forever. This time I'm trying the skin perfecting one. Tried a bit on back of hand, I love the silicone smoothness. I really think it's comparable to higher end primers....if I change my mind I will be sure to post about it.
Cheers all!!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/5/2012 1:59:00 PM More reviews by ickythump

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

The package says and I quote, "Perfecting primer evens out skin tone and creates a flawless, smooth finish to skin. Fills in fine lines, wrinkles, and pores. Can be worn alone or under makeup." HA, right. It is definitely not the worst primer, but you can definitely find a better one. It does, I think, even out my skin tone a bit, but it however does not fill in my pores. I have quite large pores on my nose and this does nothing for them.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/23/2012 6:01:00 PM More reviews by MadchenRogue

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this because I saw EmilyNoel83 (youtube aka beautybroadcast) raving this product. I thought to myself "why not"? Well, this is the mother of all silicones. It had this mineral oil residue. The product looked like separated dried toothpaste. If you have oily, or combo oily-- STAY FAR the HELL away from this product. You are better off purchasing Rimmel primer (the new one with blue packaging~002). Performs great.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2012 5:27:00 PM More reviews by Beautlfy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is by far my favorite drugstore primer, and I have tried them all. I have very dry skin so using a primer is vital for me, especially during those harsh winter months. If any of you have ever tried the Smashbox photofinish primer - this stuff is EXACTLY like it in consistency.
Packaging - I love that it comes in a squeeze tube, with a flip cap. Its very sanitary, and great that it stands up-right - it will be very easy to squeeze out every last drop of product from the tube, you'll really get your moneys worth!
And for only $8 dollars, you can't go wrong.
Its a clear, thick silicone primer, that glides ontop of the skin evenly with little to no effort, and fills in lines, large pores, and just overall softens the appearance of your skin. It also makes your skin FEEL soft - like a new layer of baby fine skin.
I feel as though my foundations glide on much easier over top of this, and I also feel like I don't have problems with streakiness of my foundations when I put them over top of this. I guess because the foundation has a better base to adhere to then my dry skin? I am not sure, but its love :)
I also think I should mention the fact that I feel more confident with my boyfriend getting close to my face, because the makeup appears so smooth, flawless and natural over top of this primer. Even up close, its just great. I will continue to buy this primer and i'm already on my second bottle.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/23/2012 4:00:00 PM More reviews by Sk8rGurl

I have never tried a primer before and I saw this product and decided to try it under my make up,it made my skin smooth but I'm still looking for the glow

rated 4 of 5 on 7/8/2012 7:11:00 PM More reviews by BrookeRosser

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I havent tried many primers but i do like the way this one feels on my skin and it does make my makeup go on smoother and does not break me out. A little goes a long way and it is very affordable.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/18/2012 7:47:00 PM More reviews by pkha

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This primer feels very oily, but it did make my skin look very soft. I didn't like how there was so much glitter. It also had a funny smell that I didn't enjoy. As a drugstore brand, it was good for the price. I'm not sure I'd invest in another one of these.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/25/2012 9:30:00 PM More reviews by BizzyBunny

Its not the best primer ive ever tried or the worst. For 6$ its a good priced primer and will take you a long time to use up. It feels similar to monistat anti chafing gel, as they are both silicone. Ive never had problems with it breaking me out and made my makeup last. a work horse product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2012 12:42:00 PM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have, love, and use the other two primers from Hard Candy, Sheer Envy Primer (the original in the white tube) and Illuminating Primer (in the purple tube), so I thought I might as well pick up the other primer (Skin Perfecting Primer in the pink tube) to complete the collection. After using all three on and off for the last few months I have to say that I've noticed all three primers work identical on my skin, by filling in small lines and pores, leaves my skin feeling silky, improves make up application, and extends the length of wear too. The biggest difference I've noticed amongst the three primers is the shimmer and illuminating properties. Sheer Envy Skin (white tube) contains no shimmer, Sheer Envy Skin Perfecting Primer (pink tube) contains very fine and minimal quantity of shimmer, and Illuminating Primer (in the purple tube) contains quite a bit of shimmer particles compared to the other primers. The reason why I prefer Sheer Envy Skin Perfecting Primer to the others in the Hard Candy line is this primer delivers a really nice, realistic, and subtle illuminating glow from within for my complexion. I can wear this primer either during the day or night and feel good that I'm not overly shimmery, especially in direct sunlight. Personally I enjoy all three and have found a purpose for them, but I would repurchase this primer first before the others available in the collection based on the more natural radiating glow that compliments my complexion and personal taste.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/22/2012 2:39:00 AM More reviews by elizgibb

This stuff is pretty good. usually i use the ulta prime-time primer which is a little weird textured. this stuff goes on super smooth and a little goes a long way. it makes your face feel velvety soft and controls oil without drying out your face. the packaging is great ..almost all hard candy packaging is great. it lets you control how much you want on your face.. the only problem is there isnt much for what you pay. but its a good primer really. good for begginers or those who just dont want to spend much.