October 1, 2014 | 920 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Hard Candy - Sheer Envy Skin Perfecting Primer

rated 4 of 5 on 3/2/2013 11:51:00 AM More reviews by NARSnerd

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

If you don't want to purchase a high end primer, this hard candy one is your absolute best bet at the drugstore, it leaves a very pleasant texture on my skin and improves my foundations longevity and overall performance. You get a decent amount of product for the price and the packaging is cute as well. If i didn't already have about 4 primers to go through i would repurchase this again, and it will definitely be my go to drugstore primer when i decide to buy it again. I'd give this a thumbs up and say give it a try if you enjoy a silicone type primer.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/8/2013 1:23:00 PM More reviews by nik89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Be aware how to use primers. When you're getting ready for the day, first moisturize your face with a decent amount of your preferred lotion (I myself use Cetaphil Moisturizer, it's the only brand that doesn't break me out). Anyways, let your lotion sit/soak for at LEAST 20 minutes before you apply any type of primer! If you don't, you won't see as good results. Now, this primer Sheer Envy by Hard Candy is a really nice product. What others fail to realize is that this brand was once sold at Fred Segal/Nordstorms. These are high end products but they made a partnership with Wal-mart so just keep that in mind. Before you use everyday SHAKE the bottle or it will come out watery. You only need up to a quarter size amount for your face. It will feel greasy but do not worry. I have sensitive skin that breaks out to a lot of different high end products but not this primer. I usually give it up to 5 minutes to set and then I start applying my concealer and foundation. This primer helps your concealer/foundation go a long way so you save product! I find that it lasts me all day as well. I do use the glamoflague concealer which I love. Hope this helps someone!

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2013 4:26:00 PM More reviews by Mimiii

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the first make up primer I've ever used, so be warned, I don't know how this compares to high end ones, and I would like to try those, but I still think this product is wonderful. It goes on the skin very smooth and velvety; it has a very silicone-y texture to it, which was weird for me at first but I now really, really like it. I use this with my Revlon ColorStay (recently switched to the dry/normal skin formulation but works just as well with either formulations) which already has excellent staying power, but I feel more comfortable wearing make up if I know there is a sort of barrier between my foundation and my moisturized skin. I've also used this with my L'Oreal Magic Smooth Soufflé (sadly, it's being discontinued). It is a good foundation, but I had issues with the staying power, since I go to school in Puerto Rico where it's hot and humid and there is no air conditioning in our classrooms, you can imagine how I looked at the end of the day. But while using it in conjunction with this primer, it lasted considerably more! The foundation didn't look as fresh as I wish it had, (however I strongly believe this to be the foundation's fault, not the primer's) but you could tell I still had some on! This product is wonderful. You don't have to let it 'sit' before applying foundation, which I like, I'm usually in a rush, so this is perfect. It helps my make up last for a long time, and the best part is that I have never, ever had a breakout due to this product, and I have acne prone skin. My skin used to be combination, but recently, it has gotten very dry and works just was well, so I would recommend this for all skin types! It's not expensive and you need such little product to get the job done! It aids in making the foundation application much more smooth and easy. All in all, you won't be disappointed and I'm nearly finished with my bottle (let me tell you, that bottle lasts forever!) and I plan on going to Walmart to repurchase!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/20/2012 10:52:00 PM More reviews by obrienm5

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I did not like this primer at all. First of all, it's very slick and greasy feeling and that feeling does not go away. The other thing I hate about this primer is the fact that I broke out like CRAZY after using it. That was about a month ago and I'm still dealing with the aftermath from that. I think it might be a good primer for some people, but if you have acne-prone skin, beware!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/21/2012 11:04:00 PM More reviews by cjgrrl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love how some people love it and others simply hate it. I really do like this primer though, you can't beat the price...eight bux at Walmart in Toronto. I used the illuminating primer and last time and it lasted forever. This time I'm trying the skin perfecting one. Tried a bit on back of hand, I love the silicone smoothness. I really think it's comparable to higher end primers....if I change my mind I will be sure to post about it.
Cheers all!!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/5/2012 1:59:00 PM More reviews by ickythump

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

The package says and I quote, "Perfecting primer evens out skin tone and creates a flawless, smooth finish to skin. Fills in fine lines, wrinkles, and pores. Can be worn alone or under makeup." HA, right. It is definitely not the worst primer, but you can definitely find a better one. It does, I think, even out my skin tone a bit, but it however does not fill in my pores. I have quite large pores on my nose and this does nothing for them.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2012 6:01:00 PM More reviews by MadchenRogue

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this because I saw EmilyNoel83 (youtube aka beautybroadcast) raving this product. I thought to myself "why not"? Well, this is the mother of all silicones. It had this mineral oil residue. The product looked like separated dried toothpaste. If you have oily, or combo oily-- STAY FAR the HELL away from this product. You are better off purchasing Rimmel primer (the new one with blue packaging~002). Performs great.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2012 5:27:00 PM More reviews by Beautlfy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is by far my favorite drugstore primer, and I have tried them all. I have very dry skin so using a primer is vital for me, especially during those harsh winter months. If any of you have ever tried the Smashbox photofinish primer - this stuff is EXACTLY like it in consistency.
Packaging - I love that it comes in a squeeze tube, with a flip cap. Its very sanitary, and great that it stands up-right - it will be very easy to squeeze out every last drop of product from the tube, you'll really get your moneys worth!
And for only $8 dollars, you can't go wrong.
Its a clear, thick silicone primer, that glides ontop of the skin evenly with little to no effort, and fills in lines, large pores, and just overall softens the appearance of your skin. It also makes your skin FEEL soft - like a new layer of baby fine skin.
I feel as though my foundations glide on much easier over top of this, and I also feel like I don't have problems with streakiness of my foundations when I put them over top of this. I guess because the foundation has a better base to adhere to then my dry skin? I am not sure, but its love :)
I also think I should mention the fact that I feel more confident with my boyfriend getting close to my face, because the makeup appears so smooth, flawless and natural over top of this primer. Even up close, its just great. I will continue to buy this primer and i'm already on my second bottle.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/23/2012 4:00:00 PM More reviews by Sk8rGurl

I have never tried a primer before and I saw this product and decided to try it under my make up,it made my skin smooth but I'm still looking for the glow

rated 4 of 5 on 7/8/2012 7:11:00 PM More reviews by BrookeRosser

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I havent tried many primers but i do like the way this one feels on my skin and it does make my makeup go on smoother and does not break me out. A little goes a long way and it is very affordable.