Origins Ginger Essence

4.1

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

Just bought this a week ago and I really love it so far. The scent is delicious- it's spicy/herbal but not heavy or overpowering. I think it will be warm enough to wear in the winter, but not too heavy for the summer months. The staying power is a little weaker than some heavier perfumes, but it gets me through a work day. The price is right (about $40) and the packaging is simple but elegant, which I like. If I run out of this, I will definitely consider repurchasing.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Warm

i tried this in store today~ i really like that it's warm & it smells to me like ginger ale. i can see, as one reviewer commented, 'it's warm in the winter & cool in the summer.'

i might actually buy a bottle! it's really nice! spicy, warm & almost fruity. i'm usually a chocolate, nutty, honey, caramel type scent wearer, but this is really different.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have the roller-ball of this product from a gift set. I really like the smell, it does not overwhelm me and cause me to be nauseated like other perfumes. I find it has a light scent to it and gives me a warm cozy feeling. Hope I get this as a gift from someone because it's quite pricey.

I really wanted to like this perfume, the idea of ginger with a bit of lemon, maybe it would smell like a lemony gingerbread? A bit warm, a bit spicy. On me it smelt like all of that but overpowering, strong sharp lemon and strong spicy ginger, too foody, too strong, too lemony, too gingery.
Fortunately I only tried it, but I couldn't get rid of it even after washing - typical when you don't like something!

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

I get compliments from both men and women when I wear this. I especially love wearing it during the Christmas season, which is now, because it reminds me of when Ginger Essence was first introduced as the Ginger Float limited-edition holiday bath soufflé. It's an uplifting, happy fragrance.

my most favorite scent of all time! i never get sick of this. it makes me feel warm when i am cold, cool when it's hot! very unusual that this could change my outlook for the day. the scent does not last like many have said but i think most scents don't. layering is key, and i have many of their ginger scented products. sometimes i think i will find a better scent out there but i've been using this for a very loonnnggg time and always go back to it! sometimes i wait for their x'mas or holiday deals so that they package stuff & their boxes are a beautiful chartreuse color. i love what origins stands for and i love most of their fragrances. i just wish i would win the lotto so i could afford their stuff!

I love the Ginger scent, but this fragrance does not smell like the other products. I do not like this fragrance, and every once in a while, I will spray this into the air and walk thru it hoping that I will like it - doesn't change. Will not purchase this again...

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Love. Got a sample of the Ginger Souffle back in college, and it was amazing: moisturized, but what stuck out in my mind for years to come was the lovely smell.
Much later, still remembering how it smelled, I bought the roll on at first because, while I loved the fragrance, I never thought I'd use it up. However, after wearing this day after day (and using the roll on up), it made me feel just...happy! Normally I don't like ginger flavored or scented things, but Origins got it right, so I went out and bought a spray bottle of the intensified version.
It has more staying power than the regular version, but actually doesn't seem to last as long as the roll on. It also smells a little sharper at first than the roll on, which I actually like better as the roll on seemed a little sweeter and mellower. This stuff doesn't last as long as say, Chanel or a perfume oil; I haven't tried it but layering would probably be best in the long run. No matter how much you put on it stays very soft, never overpowering.
Amaaazing stuff for summer and winter. I've gotten comments that it is both tropical/Hawaii-ish, and simply that it was "clean" smelling.

This is my go-to fall/winter fragrance. I absolutely love the ginger mixed with the citrus scent. I find it to be long-lasting, which is rare for my body chemistry. And you can't really go wrong with the price. I doubt I'll ever stop wearing this.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

One of my all time favorite scents. It smells absolutely brilliant and actually sticks around on my skin for a relatively long amount of time. Not to mention, it is actually reasonably priced, which is something very rare for most perfume type things. This is great for anyone who isn't crazy about floral scents. It is a spicy scent that still manages to stay feminine. Ginger Essence is an absolute must have for anyone who wants a great scent for a reasonable price.

Popular Fragrances