November 25, 2014 | 1781 users online

Fragrances - Origins - Ginger Essence

rated 5 of 5 on 10/30/2009 4:58:00 AM More reviews by tweezerhappy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

my most favorite scent of all time! i never get sick of this. it makes me feel warm when i am cold, cool when it's hot! very unusual that this could change my outlook for the day. the scent does not last like many have said but i think most scents don't. layering is key, and i have many of their ginger scented products. sometimes i think i will find a better scent out there but i've been using this for a very loonnnggg time and always go back to it! sometimes i wait for their x'mas or holiday deals so that they package stuff & their boxes are a beautiful chartreuse color. i love what origins stands for and i love most of their fragrances. i just wish i would win the lotto so i could afford their stuff!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2009 12:05:00 AM More reviews by pjw1209

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love the Ginger scent, but this fragrance does not smell like the other products. I do not like this fragrance, and every once in a while, I will spray this into the air and walk thru it hoping that I will like it - doesn't change. Will not purchase this again...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2009 8:03:00 PM More reviews by dibbun

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Love. Got a sample of the Ginger Souffle back in college, and it was amazing: moisturized, but what stuck out in my mind for years to come was the lovely smell.
Much later, still remembering how it smelled, I bought the roll on at first because, while I loved the fragrance, I never thought I'd use it up. However, after wearing this day after day (and using the roll on up), it made me feel just...happy! Normally I don't like ginger flavored or scented things, but Origins got it right, so I went out and bought a spray bottle of the intensified version.
It has more staying power than the regular version, but actually doesn't seem to last as long as the roll on. It also smells a little sharper at first than the roll on, which I actually like better as the roll on seemed a little sweeter and mellower. This stuff doesn't last as long as say, Chanel or a perfume oil; I haven't tried it but layering would probably be best in the long run. No matter how much you put on it stays very soft, never overpowering.
Amaaazing stuff for summer and winter. I've gotten comments that it is both tropical/Hawaii-ish, and simply that it was "clean" smelling.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2009 11:14:00 PM More reviews by maugustawoodland

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is my go-to fall/winter fragrance. I absolutely love the ginger mixed with the citrus scent. I find it to be long-lasting, which is rare for my body chemistry. And you can't really go wrong with the price. I doubt I'll ever stop wearing this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2009 6:41:00 PM More reviews by ahhhttack

One of my all time favorite scents. It smells absolutely brilliant and actually sticks around on my skin for a relatively long amount of time. Not to mention, it is actually reasonably priced, which is something very rare for most perfume type things. This is great for anyone who isn't crazy about floral scents. It is a spicy scent that still manages to stay feminine. Ginger Essence is an absolute must have for anyone who wants a great scent for a reasonable price.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2009 3:58:00 PM More reviews by luckylauram

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I've worn this perfume for 10 years purchasing many many bottles, lotions, creams, roll on and everything ginger essence. I have so many different perfumes that I wear; chanel chance fresh, valentino rock n rose, chloe...but this is my answer to the question, "If you had to pick only one fragrance." The perfume is slightly spicy but very fresh and smells "delicious" as I've had boyfriends tell me.

I love, love, love this and now I am going to go get my ginger fix for the day!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/27/2009 11:26:00 PM More reviews by w35p

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

A very nice and fresh-smelling scent. My only complaint is that it is too subtle- as in I don't think anyone other than me would ever be able to smell it. And it is a little expensive.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/21/2009 1:48:00 AM More reviews by cookiemonmon

this scent is one of my favorites, i don't use it because it's my mom's "scent". i'm actually not a fan of ginger, but this scent just smells really nice and fresh! :)

rated 3 of 5 on 1/5/2009 12:56:00 PM More reviews by Aladyinredpolish

Initially I really loved the smell of this product, I still do, but it seemed more pure when I smelt it the first time like a fresh cut ginger root. I sometimes apply it and it reminds me of playdough, I know that sounds funny, but sometimes it does. Other days it just smells fresh.
I like the scent because I love the smell of ginger, but I do not think anyone else can smell it on me. Not one person has mentioned the smell to me and Ive been wearing it for over 4 months now. I am happy it isnt too strong, but it would be nice to atleast be noticed with it. I know everyones body is differnt and scents mix differnt on everyone. I would buy it again because I just cant find another ginger scent out there that is this close to the real thing, otherwise I would give another brand a go.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/20/2008 7:25:00 AM More reviews by Melloney

Great fresh scent - it's unusual and I like it. Bought this today.
EDIT : Well, I am sorry I spent my money on this one. It drys down to a cheap handwash smell on my skin.I can't understand why this is so popular . The ginger heats up on my skin and then I get the soap smell . Nothing special ! Removed 2 lippies !