August 22, 2014 | 1643 users online

Shampoo - Dove - Nutritive Therapy Nourishing Oil Care Shampoo

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2013 8:31:00 PM More reviews by lilliputhaunt

This shampoo/conditioner is amazing. In the store, it doesn't seem like anything special. It smells and looks like all Dove products. When you use it, however, you realize that you shouldn't have judged the book by it's cover. After 1 use, this stuff instantly cut my frizz in half and made my hair reeeeally soft. Admittedly, it was a coated feeling softness, but for someone who bleaches their hair frequently and flat irons daily, natural softness isn't much of an option anymore. That said, if you're someone who has damaged, treated hair, this stuff is a must have. I'll also have to try the damage therapy shampoo and conditioner, because it's specifically formulated for damaged hair. The only thing I don't like about this is the conditioner bottle. The one on the shampoo is fine, but the one on the conditioner is made of hard, smooth plastic with no ridges or dents to assist it's opening, which makes it very difficult to open in the shower. Nonetheless, this is an excellent product that's worth trying for anyone with damaged hair.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/4/2013 1:25:00 AM More reviews by denns

A decent shampoo that doesn't strip hair of its natural moisture. I can't really say much else. Since it does have SLS and silicones in it its not all that amazing for hair. The "weightless oils" touted on the front are sweet almond oil and coconut oil - both good for the hair. I have curly 2B hair and this shampoo didn't make me frizzy which I liked. I enjoyed using this with the matching conditioner for a nice hydrated (but clean) feeling when I was heat styling my hair and not doing silicone/sulfate free. I generally enjoy using Dove shampoos and conditioners because they hydrate my hair without making it feel greasy on the second day. Still, there are better systems.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/21/2013 7:47:00 PM More reviews by norami

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product is great, but nothing miraculous. Ever since I started using the shampoo and conditioner, I stopped losing hair and my dandruff is 90% healed, but that may be because I switched from a horrible shampoo. Here's my take on it.

-gentle
-no overpowering smells
-feels fresh/cleans well (not greasy)
-well priced

But
-it didn't change anything in terms of frizz.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2013 5:06:00 PM More reviews by honeybeesting

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This is my HG shampoo. It truly is weightless, leaving behind no residue whatsoever, while making my hair shiny, soft, and less frizzy. There are often sales and coupons on Dove, so the price is really, really reasonable. The only thing I don't love is the smell--it has a typical, inoffensive generic shampoo scent, but it's like it's layered over a gross smell. It's not that bad, just not great. The performance of this shampoo far outweighs that minor concern, though.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2013 10:40:00 AM More reviews by Halpal422

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this product and can't say enough about it. The pair of the shampoo and conditioner from this line make my hair instantly soft the moment I finish conditioning. I have thin hair that gets easily oily and this really does have "weightless oils". I'm not a huge fan of the smell, it's not bad by any means but it just isn't a favorite. Other than that I will never buy another shampoo again!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2013 2:59:00 PM More reviews by sprite26

It's just ok. Cleanses well & lathers up nicely, pleasant scent as well. But in the end it's just another DS shampoo. I don't love it but I'd buy it again if I needed a decent shampoo at an affordable price.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2013 2:48:00 AM More reviews by StarrFiire

I've bought this product probably 4x. I have frizzy-prone hair, and I found this product to tame it down mostly. It made my hair soft and the scent was very nice.
I've bought this product on sale a couple times, and found it worth buying!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2013 6:17:00 PM More reviews by lotusfairy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I finally caved in and bought this since I like the matching conditioner. It has a creamy lather and rinses clean, it leaves my hair smelling wonderful, and it has some decent smoothing properties. My curls were not weighed down and I had less frizz. The formulation I have has argan oil added to it, so I'm assuming this is a reformulated version of the original. I switch up between a lot of different shampoos, conditioners, and treatments, but I see myself using this more through my product rotation as it can be easily found at the drugstore and it costs less than five dollars (Perfect when I am on a budget). It does what it says without stripping my highlighted hair or making my hair fluffy in appearance. I wouldn't rely on this for the overall health of my hair, but it's not bad compared to other drugstore shampoos.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2013 5:11:00 PM More reviews by festival

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Dove really works, I'm loving it so far. It's been about 6 weeks since I've started using it.

Previously I used: Kerastase Nutritive line plus the Thermique. My hair started feeling dry & straw like, plus it became frizzy, because I wash & blow dry every day, & had some hightlights awhile back. I started searching for more conditioning products for my hair, going from the Kerastase Nutritive line to Aphogee to the Fakkai Tech. Color Care Line to the Kerastase Cristaliste line, then the 'It's a 10' line, then back to the Kerastase Nutritive line, because for my hair, it was the best out of the bunch. I had just re-purchased the shampoo & thermique, & was just about to buy the masqintense when I read a Dove review & went for it. I'm glad I did.

Now I'm using: Dove Nourishing Oil Care shampoo, Dove Nourishing Oil Care Conditioner (bottle), alternating with the Nourishing Oil Care Daily Treatment Conditioner (tube), then I put the Dove Nourishing Oil Care Leave-In Smoothing Cream (this step is a must for me) and if I need it, the Nourishing Oil Care Detangler, then before blow drying I use Tresemme Thermal Creations Heat-Tamer Leave-In Spray. I alternate with the Dove Intensive Repair Shampoo & Conditioner, plus the Daily Treatment Conditioner (tube).

I know everyone's hair is different, but Dove is working for mine. It's shinier & healthier than before & it got rid of the friz. Hopefully it will keep working. If it doesn't, I'll update.

{I don't have time to write separate reviews, so I'm using the same review for the other Dove products I mentioned}.

Update: Now that my hair is back in condition, it can be too nourishing, a little heavy if I use it too many days in a row, so I switch around. I use this when my hair gets dry again. I switch around a lot to Kerastasse, and Fekkai, and Aphogee. I think this did rescue my hair though, if you need a rescue I still highly recommend it, it saved my hair anyway.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/12/2013 2:29:00 PM More reviews by chris00111

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I usually only buy salon products, but saw good reviews on Dove and decided to save some money.
My hair is long, thick and I have a lot. It is wavy, but i straighten it with the blow dryer or straightener often. The roots are oily, but the ends are DRY. I recently dyed my hair "ombre", so the ends became SUPER dry (like straw). My most recent salon shampoo was very drying to the point where my hair was tangled and SQUEAKING.
So after getting a trim to cut off the dead ends, I decided to give this shampoo a try.
I was pleased. Love the scent and it definitely cleans my hair/scalp without being too drying. I didn't have any itching in my scalp (that sometimes happens) and no breakouts. I will say that it wasn't a miracle though at first.
I then decided to do CWC (condition-wash-condition). FABULOUS.
I wash my hair every other day. First I soak it down, then use conditioner (whatever you have) on the ends only (i start at the nape of my neck down). Then i wash my scalp with this shampoo. Rinse. Then I add the Dove conditioner Nourishing Oil care to the ends, put it up with a clip and finish the rest of my shower business. Then i rinse it out.
After showering, I use 2 products (a straightening cream and moroccan oil), then dry/straighten.
LOVE IT. my hair is so much better than it was and I can even say the ends are NOT DRY anymore (after just a week of CWC with Dove). My hair is soft and smells great. I can't stop TOUCHING IT.
If there is too much build up (on the roots), I plan on doing a clarifying wash. So far, it hasn't been necessary.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No