August 31, 2014 | 972 users online

Concealers - Rimmel - Match Perfection Concealer

rated 4 of 5 on 5/29/2014 11:45:00 AM More reviews by chrissie69

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

Me, a gal always trying to hide dark circles!!! I have a wide assortment of products to enable me to accomplish this task. I keep this Rimmel concealer in my workout bag for quick post-workout application.
PROS: good amount of pigment, rich consistency, not drying, good color for my fair skin, incredibly reasonable price, plastic squeeze tube, and reasonable lasting power.
CONS: it's difficult to dispense right amount of product , the brush applicator is stiff and probably not hygienic.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/20/2014 10:02:00 AM More reviews by Pukyte

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I am using this concealer for about two years. There are good and bad sides.

This was my last hope, since the choices in my homeland (Turkey) were quite limited. Most of them got wrong texture (sticks, creams - cakey!), wrong color (mainly orange, pink, dark tones), and irritating ingredients (perfume) or germs harboring lipgloss type of package (gross!).

My skin is very pale and a color İvory matches it very well. This was main reason why I am still using this concealer. I can't remember how many times I ended up with oxidated orange mask under my eyes, so I felt relieved there is actually a concealer which matches my skin tone.

Another advantage is it doesn't irritate my super sensitive skin.

The texture is OK, its buildable but not pigmented enough. It's impossible to have a full coverage with it. Impossible, no matter how much you apply.

This is more a highlighter than a concealer. It doesn't cover my purple under -eye circles just make them brighter.

The package is unhygienic unless you cut the brush. Applying the concealer with a brush will put you at risk for infections.

I find this concealer affordable but it finishes very fast if you use it daily. It may not be cost-effective buy.

If skin under eyes is dry and flaky, the concealer will only emphasize these flaws. It will look very dry and cakey and building up more concealer on top not only will not fix this, but will make worse. My advice, if your eyelids are dry or if you are using tretinoin, this concealer will be a big disappointment.

If you have the dark circles under eyes, don't waste your money on this. It won't cover much. Also it is unsuitable for blemishes, looks cakey. It may be Ok for covering reddness, but if skin is scaly, forget about it.

This concealer will be fine:

1. If your under eye circles are not an issue. You need to brighten under eye area and some light coverage.
2. Your skin is normal to oily (it leaves matte finish).
3. You don't mind limited color selection. If you are fair, you may like İvory shade.
4. You don't want to pay too much money for a concealer.

This concealer is NOT for you:

1. Very dry, flaky skin. I warn you, it will look bad, very bad.
2. Want some coverage. It's a bit better than tinted moisturizer, but just that.
3. Don't like the package (but you still can get rid of brush).
4. Want something that lasts all day.

Will I buy this concealer again? I am not sure, I am looking for something that isn't drying and has a better coverage.
Wish me good luck.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/15/2014 10:41:00 PM More reviews by McMeowTin

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Okay i think why this product has such bad reviews is because are trying to cover there acne with a HIGHLIGHTING CONCEALER. Its meant to awaken, when put on blemishes it with HIGHLIGHT it.
Any way...
I put this on my cheek bones, jawline, bridge of my nose, under my eyes and under my brow, on areas i want more coverage i wait and let it 'set' then blend and its awesome. As for lasting power.. i wear ALOT of product under my eye (fountain, glamaflouge , rimmel wake me up and this one) and so if one wears off it kinda affects the rest but i also rub under my eyes alot (mascara and i weird habit) but this does last along time.The texture is more of a tin liquid i can get it from light to light-medium. It feels light and airy and it has a faint smell.. i can only describe it as a makeup smell lol.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/15/2014 8:02:00 PM More reviews by gechok

Eh. I bought this because I was breaking out and I couldn't find my Benefit Boing! concealer. I guessed my shade and figured it was cheap and I love the Stay Matte Powder.

I'm disappointed. I like the brush concept, since I love the Maybelline Lumi concealer. However, this didn't cover my acne at all and it wasn't the right shade (that's my fault). The coverage was awful. I would consider putting it all over my face as foundation, but it would highlight my peach fuzz and it would be a waste.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2014 3:22:00 AM More reviews by kmm82512

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is one of the very few concealers that has done a good job at covering up my purple-ish under-eye circles without drying out, caking up, or settling into fine lines. It's liquid, but it's not too thin and the coverage is great. The squeeze-tube packaging with the brush tip makes it easy to control how much comes out, and easy to apply. I don't get acne very often so I've only tried it several times for that purpose, but it has always seemed to work well at that too. There aren't many color options, but either of the two lightest shades both work well for my pale, pink-undertoned skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/13/2014 3:01:00 PM More reviews by ClaireDalloway

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

If you only have occasional spots or blemishes it's a good choice for you, but I would not recommend it for problematic skin with a lot of acne - the coverage is not that good and it stays on only one or two hours. But the price and especially the packaging is great.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2014 1:29:00 AM More reviews by lizzobee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This stuff is the bomb. It covers up blemishes on my skin very well without looking or feeling too heavy. It stays on all day until I wash it off and it has never caused me to break out. I have pretty good skin so I don't need anything heavy duty and this is perfect. I've tried a number of other drug store concealers and they were always too light and sheer or too thick and gooey. I'm on my 3rd tube now and each one lasts me months. Love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/3/2014 8:42:00 PM More reviews by vballgirl8981

This is honestly one of my holy grail concealers, even though I still gave it 4 out of 5 stars.
I still have a few post acne marks on my face but are fading quickly, so I use this concealer. I am in colour 230 which is fair/light and it matches perfectly with my light/medium yellow undertone skintone. Of course, the coverage isn't the best as it is light-medium coverage, so it'd be great for those like me who don't really have many blemishes but jsut a few areas you wanna blur. Typically, I would use this concealer as a base, and if I have a pretty bad pimple, I'd go over it with my Revlon photoready concealer, and those two products together are PERFECTION. honestly, if you want more coverage with this concealer, just add a lil of a cream concealer on top and you're done. but i honestly love this concealer as it looks really natural and never cakey,like you can build up the coverage, so thats good (:
i'm currently on my third tube, so that's how much i like it, and it typically lasts me about 4-5 months per tube.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/1/2014 1:22:00 AM More reviews by Makeupaddictt

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Brown

I expected more from this concealer after watching and reading countless reviews on it. I had hoped it would provide at least better coverage for my acne scars, it works quite well but only as a light to medium coverage. The range of shades are also quite limited considering i am partly yellow in my skin. I purchased the second lightest shade and it was a bit too dark yet the lightest shade was too light. I find it a hassle to blend the two together especially if you're a person who prefers to do their make up quickly in early mornings.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/28/2014 5:01:00 PM More reviews by AnnaWhite1123

So I got the lightest shade (ivory) & I really can't seem to like it. For one it creases really bad on my eyelid, & trust me I do run it in enough. It only creases about a half and hour of wearing it. Also when you rub it in it gets flaky & there's all these tasty little flakes on your eye & blemishes. Not good.