July 28, 2014 | 1738 users online

Conditioner - Dove - Nourishing Oil Care Conditioner

rated 4 of 5 on 8/4/2013 1:19:00 PM More reviews by Jasmine1990

I used this for several months and purchased a few times over. Hair history: dye my hair frequently and started using this when I colored my hair with the ombre look. I have fine hair that gets weighed down easily. With the use of a different shampoo this leaves my hair moisturizered and healthy looking. The smell is fresh and clean. I said I would purchase again because I have repurchased repeatedly, however currently I switched to a different line which makes my hair much softer to the touch. It's a great conditioner and you can't go wrong.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/29/2013 3:15:00 AM More reviews by drawkcabackward

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I liked this conditioner. It was pretty cheap for a big bottle and I bought it because I had a $1 off coupon for Target. This conditioner WAS good for my hair. Was is the keyword. After a while, the conditioner started to build up too much. I used it in conjunction with the shampoo and the leave in cream. I used it for about two months until I ran out of the conditioner and I don't plan on repurchasing. The bottle is hard to get the conditioner out of because it's one of those bottles that stand up and you have to wait for the conditioner to ooze down before you can squeeze any out. In addition, you can't really make it stand the opposite way for easier dispensing because it'll most likely fall over. The main reason I'm stopping using this is because **IT BROKE ME OUT** sensitive, acne-prone girls, don't use these Dove conditioners/shampoos! They mostly all contain mineral oil-- which is known to clog pores and cause acne. Your hair touches your face during the day plus when you sleep (and I'm the kind of person who showers at night) and will most likely cause you to break out. I broke out terribly and didn't know why until I re-examined the ingredients in this line and realized this is the only new thing I've been using. For people who don't have sensitive skin- try it, it might work wonderfully for you.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2013 10:21:00 PM More reviews by helerycelerie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I have curly, frizzy, thick hair with extremely fine, breakable strands, so this conditioner was an AMAZING find. Interestingly, the argan oil is not the primary ingredient; coconut oil is, which explains my incredible results; there are MANY studies showing the fantastic benefits of coconut oil for hair. I use this almost every night. Be careful to wash out ALL of the product -- it will make your hair soft, but leaving it in may weigh it down.

The bottom line: This product makes my hair soft, helps prevent breaking, and smells delightful too. For this price, it's a steal!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2013 3:04:00 PM More reviews by sprite26

It's ok but it's nothing special & I wouldn't buy it again. Detangles nicely & provides good slip, pleasant scent as well. But in the end it's just another DS conditioner. It's no so horrible that I won't use up the whole bottle but I plan to stick with Neutrogena Triple Moisture for DS conditioners.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2013 6:55:00 AM More reviews by Mina83

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have very thick and very long hair. This product works very well for my hair. I do like other conditioners too, but this is one of my favorites (that is affordable) it makes my hair very soft and gets all the tangles out. This Dove conditioner works better then most other dove conditioners. It works better on my hair and is so much cheeper then Paul Mitchell.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/29/2013 12:46:00 PM More reviews by princessmaria

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

this product review is not a WOW or BOO review. its a 'meh' review.

when it comes to hair care i am generally disappointed with most products i use.
i aim to find the best possible ingredients in a shampoo and conditioner for a small price, which is almost impossible on a budget! so i have to buy things that are cheaper and not always the best.
i HATE seeing shampoo with alcohol in it.. why?! it is so drying, which is what put me off this product. HOWEVER, whenever i have used Dove i have always liked the results so i purchased the shampoo and conditioner.
i am pleasantly surprised, i found the conditioner to leave my hair soft and shiny! i have fine hair, so using a substantial amount of it left my hair a tad greasy. it has a lovely scent and does make hair feel marginally healthier.
this way work more for those who have thicker hair or hair that is dry/ damaged.
it's not the best hair care product i have used, but i would re-purchase (if there was nothing else better on offer!)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2013 10:37:00 AM More reviews by UrbanObsession

Seriously impressed by this product! My hair is fried from highlights, I'm naturally raven haired and get my hair processed so it's a light blonde color, and it's damaged from all the bleach and chemicals. Like badly damaged, my hair was falling out in clumps and full of scraggly split-ends, not cute. My HG loreal repair mask wasn't cutting it anymore so I bought this on a whim to co wash with. Wow! In just one use, my hair has been restored to its shiny, frizz-free self. I'm not saying this product is a miracle by any means, but it's made a big difference in the overall appearance of my hair, it literally looked like a rats nest before using and now it's silky and smooth, love! If your hair is seriously damaged I recommend applying this to dry hair, rake it through with your fingers and cover with a shower cap for an hour..rinse it off in the shower and voila! Fresh smelling & shiny tresses..give this a try, it's cheap and works better than my previous love (Redken Heavy Cream) for less than half the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2013 12:28:00 PM More reviews by aclockworkrystn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

After completely frying my hair a little over 2 years ago and having to cut most of it off, I've been taking VERY good care of my hair. I recently started the process of going blonde again (I dyed my hair a dark brown after I chopped it), so I've been looking for products that will keep my hair at it's best. Since February, I've had 2 sets of foils and an all over bleach. Between these, I was using products like Ion Repair solutions and Joico KPak Revitaluxe. They were doing okay but I feel ultimately, were depositing too much keratin into my hair. I know too much protein isn't good for your hair, as it can make it feel brittle, so I decided to look for something moisturizing. After seeing this in Top Picks and reading the reviews, I went to go pick this up. I got to the store and it was marked down from $4.99 to $2.97 (so, cheap!). I got home and used it last night and WOW. I can't remember the last time my hair felt so good. Even when I was using Joico and Ion, my hair felt tangled and filmy when wet. Also, I air dry my hair and it would end up frizzy at the ends and infront of my ears and I would have to straighten it. I actually assumed the hair in front of my ears was too dry to fix because it always felt frizzy and course. But not after this stuff! My hair was soft and untangled after I rinsed and air dried beautifully! No frizz, even on the ends and in front of my ears. Didn't have to straighten any of it. I couldn't believe it! Definitely worth it, especially for the price. Will absolutely repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2013 3:43:00 PM More reviews by ExoticAlbino

Dove is AWESOME for haircare products. I am reviewing the Nourishing Oil Care Conditioner that's in the tube, not bottle.

I really loved Phillip Kingsley's Elasticizer intensive conditioner but for nearly $50 I just couldn't always afford it. This conditioner has been heaven sent because it preforms just as well on my. It is heavy, deep conditioning, & leaves my damaged hair tangle free after using a harsh clarifying shampoo.

For about $5, you just can't beat this. Other deep conditioners I'd reccommend are: L'Oreal Total Repair 5 Damage Erasing Balm, & Neutrogena Triple Moisture Masque.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2013 5:05:00 PM More reviews by festival

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Dove really works, I'm loving it so far. It's been about 6 weeks since I've started using it.

Previously I used: Kerastase Nutritive line plus the Thermique. My hair started feeling dry & straw like, plus it became frizzy, because I wash & blow dry every day, & had some hightlights awhile back. I started searching for more conditioning products for my hair, going from the Kerastase Nutritive line to Aphogee to the Fakkai Tech. Color Care Line to the Kerastase Cristaliste line, then the 'It's a 10' line, then back to the Kerastase Nutritive line, because for my hair it was the best out of the bunch, so I had just re-purchased the shampoo & thermique, & was just about to buy the masqintense when I read a Dove review & went for it. I'm glad I did.

Now I'm using: Dove Nourishing Oil Care shampoo, Dove Nourishing Oil Care Conditioner (bottle), alternating with the Nourishing Oil Care Daily Treatment Conditioner (tube), then I put the Dove Nourishing Oil Care Leave-In Smoothing Cream (this step is a must for me) and if I need it, the Nourishing Oil Care Detangler, then before blow drying I use Tresemme Thermal Creations Heat-Tamer Leave-In Spray. I alternate with the Dove Intensive Repair Shampoo & Conditioner, plus the Daily Treatment Conditioner (tube).

I know everyone's hair is different, but Dove is working for mine. It's shinier & healthier than before & it got rid of the friz. Hopefully it will keep working. If it doesn't, I'll update.

{I don't have time to write separate reviews, so I'm using the same review for the other Dove products I mentioned}.

Update: Now that my hair is back in condition, it can be too nourishing, a little heavy if I use it too many days in a row, so I switch around. I use this when my hair gets dry again. I switch around a lot to Kerastasse, and Fekkai, and Aphogee. I think this did rescue my hair though, if you need a rescue I still highly recommend it, it saved my hair anyway.