October 24, 2014 | 835 users online

Conditioner - Dove - Nourishing Oil Care Conditioner

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2013 1:07:00 PM More reviews by andToto2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

I have been using another of Dove's conditioners, Damage Therapy, and I do like it. But my hair has been a bit drier lately, and I thought the reviews on this looked pretty good, so I decided to give it a try. I am getting good results with it. It really smooths my hair, cuts the frizz and dry look of it,and really leaves it looking good. I have had two people comment since I started to use it that my hair looks even better than usual lately. (I was blessed with good hair, grateful for that).

Maybe longer term it won't work out, but if that's the case I will come back and update the review.

The one thing I don't like about Dove conditioners is the packaging. It gets hard to get out of the bottle when you start to get low on it, and I end up throwing too much away. But thankfully, it's a cheap product.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/4/2013 1:28:00 AM More reviews by denns

Like reviewers below me have said - lots of silicones, so you won't actually see any benefits over time from using this. The conditioner is very thick - almost masque like in texture - with sweet almond and coconut oils that help to hydrate. My curly 2b hair didn't hate this product, but it didn't love it either. If you AREN'T sulfate/silicone free and you're looking for a thicker conditioner that's going to give a little bit more moisture that you can use every time you wash, you may enjoy it. I won't repurchase because there are better, more hydrating conditioners that I prefer.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/16/2013 7:24:00 PM More reviews by thereisalwayshope

Has silicones….thus the oils in this will do nothing for your hair because silicone prevents it. So your hair may look swell for some time, but gradually hair will become more dry with crunchy ends.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2013 5:28:00 PM More reviews by beaniejadepop

this is the mainstay of my shower stall.....love it!! I wish they put a nice fragrance into it though

rated 4 of 5 on 8/4/2013 1:19:00 PM More reviews by Jasmine1990

I used this for several months and purchased a few times over. Hair history: dye my hair frequently and started using this when I colored my hair with the ombre look. I have fine hair that gets weighed down easily. With the use of a different shampoo this leaves my hair moisturizered and healthy looking. The smell is fresh and clean. I said I would purchase again because I have repurchased repeatedly, however currently I switched to a different line which makes my hair much softer to the touch. It's a great conditioner and you can't go wrong.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/29/2013 3:15:00 AM More reviews by drawkcabackward

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I liked this conditioner. It was pretty cheap for a big bottle and I bought it because I had a $1 off coupon for Target. This conditioner WAS good for my hair. Was is the keyword. After a while, the conditioner started to build up too much. I used it in conjunction with the shampoo and the leave in cream. I used it for about two months until I ran out of the conditioner and I don't plan on repurchasing. The bottle is hard to get the conditioner out of because it's one of those bottles that stand up and you have to wait for the conditioner to ooze down before you can squeeze any out. In addition, you can't really make it stand the opposite way for easier dispensing because it'll most likely fall over. The main reason I'm stopping using this is because **IT BROKE ME OUT** sensitive, acne-prone girls, don't use these Dove conditioners/shampoos! They mostly all contain mineral oil-- which is known to clog pores and cause acne. Your hair touches your face during the day plus when you sleep (and I'm the kind of person who showers at night) and will most likely cause you to break out. I broke out terribly and didn't know why until I re-examined the ingredients in this line and realized this is the only new thing I've been using. For people who don't have sensitive skin- try it, it might work wonderfully for you.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2013 10:21:00 PM More reviews by helerycelerie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I have curly, frizzy, thick hair with extremely fine, breakable strands, so this conditioner was an AMAZING find. Interestingly, the argan oil is not the primary ingredient; coconut oil is, which explains my incredible results; there are MANY studies showing the fantastic benefits of coconut oil for hair. I use this almost every night. Be careful to wash out ALL of the product -- it will make your hair soft, but leaving it in may weigh it down.

The bottom line: This product makes my hair soft, helps prevent breaking, and smells delightful too. For this price, it's a steal!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2013 3:04:00 PM More reviews by sprite26

It's ok but it's nothing special & I wouldn't buy it again. Detangles nicely & provides good slip, pleasant scent as well. But in the end it's just another DS conditioner. It's no so horrible that I won't use up the whole bottle but I plan to stick with Neutrogena Triple Moisture for DS conditioners.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2013 6:55:00 AM More reviews by Mina83

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have very thick and very long hair. This product works very well for my hair. I do like other conditioners too, but this is one of my favorites (that is affordable) it makes my hair very soft and gets all the tangles out. This Dove conditioner works better then most other dove conditioners. It works better on my hair and is so much cheeper then Paul Mitchell.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/29/2013 12:46:00 PM More reviews by princessmaria

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

this product review is not a WOW or BOO review. its a 'meh' review.

when it comes to hair care i am generally disappointed with most products i use.
i aim to find the best possible ingredients in a shampoo and conditioner for a small price, which is almost impossible on a budget! so i have to buy things that are cheaper and not always the best.
i HATE seeing shampoo with alcohol in it.. why?! it is so drying, which is what put me off this product. HOWEVER, whenever i have used Dove i have always liked the results so i purchased the shampoo and conditioner.
i am pleasantly surprised, i found the conditioner to leave my hair soft and shiny! i have fine hair, so using a substantial amount of it left my hair a tad greasy. it has a lovely scent and does make hair feel marginally healthier.
this way work more for those who have thicker hair or hair that is dry/ damaged.
it's not the best hair care product i have used, but i would re-purchase (if there was nothing else better on offer!)