Dove Nourishing Oil Care Conditioner

4.3

Water (Aqua) , Cetearyl Alcohol , Dimethicone , Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine , Hydrogenated Coconut Oil , Behentrimonium Chloride , Fragrance (Parfum) , Mineral Oil , Lactic Acid , Dipropylene Glycol , Amodimethicone , Potassium Chloride , Disodium EDTA , Gluconolactone , Trehalose , Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis Oil (Sweet Almond) , DMDM Hydantoin , PEG-150 Distearate , PEG-7 Propylheptyl Ether , Cetrimonium Chloride , Adipic Acid , Sodium Sulfate , Methylchloroisothiazolinone , Methylisothiazolinone , Yellow 5 (CI 19140) , Red 33 (CI 17200) , Blue 1 (CI 42090)

on 11/14/2013 11:47:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I was very excited about this conditioner and had high hopes, but I've been using it for 2-3 weeks and my hair looks dry and dead. The only thing that changed in my routine is this conditioner, so I'm going to take a break and go back to my old Tresseme and see if that helps. Unfortunately I'm stuck with 3 big bottles of this conditioner, but it was only $5 for a huge bottle at WalMart so it could be worse.
Very disappointed :(

on 11/7/2013 1:04:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

It's really worth the hype. I clarified with baking soda and my normal cheap shampoo, slathered this on, kept it on while I soaped and shaved etc, and rinsed out. I simply don't recall a time when my hair has felt this nice. It's retained its volume yet banished the frizz, leaving the hair light and silky. I have tons of thick, course hair, so this is quite an accomplishment. All this after I just blow-dried it! Normally even the best conditioner leaves me poofy and frizzy for a few hours afterward, or until after I've slept on it. I can't wait to see how it looks tomorrow morning!

I can't believe it's only 3 euros per bottle on top of it all!

on 10/16/2013 11:05:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

this conditioner should be 30.00$. it is amazing. as good as my redken. not heavy but hydrates and moisturizes and then rinses out. great after a color. i will buy a huge bottle next time. it detangels well also and smells like a nice light perfume and not heavy shampoo. LOVE. often on sale for 3.00 so wait for it.

on 9/10/2013 1:07:00 PM

I have been using another of Dove's conditioners, Damage Therapy, and I do like it. But my hair has been a bit drier lately, and I thought the reviews on this looked pretty good, so I decided to give it a try. I am getting good results with it. It really smooths my hair, cuts the frizz and dry look of it,and really leaves it looking good. I have had two people comment since I started to use it that my hair looks even better than usual lately. (I was blessed with good hair, grateful for that).

Maybe longer term it won't work out, but if that's the case I will come back and update the review.

The one thing I don't like about Dove conditioners is the packaging. It gets hard to get out of the bottle when you start to get low on it, and I end up throwing too much away. But thankfully, it's a cheap product.

on 9/4/2013 1:28:00 AM

Like reviewers below me have said - lots of silicones, so you won't actually see any benefits over time from using this. The conditioner is very thick - almost masque like in texture - with sweet almond and coconut oils that help to hydrate. My curly 2b hair didn't hate this product, but it didn't love it either. If you AREN'T sulfate/silicone free and you're looking for a thicker conditioner that's going to give a little bit more moisture that you can use every time you wash, you may enjoy it. I won't repurchase because there are better, more hydrating conditioners that I prefer.

Has silicones….thus the oils in this will do nothing for your hair because silicone prevents it. So your hair may look swell for some time, but gradually hair will become more dry with crunchy ends.

this is the mainstay of my shower stall.....love it!! I wish they put a nice fragrance into it though

on 8/4/2013 1:19:00 PM

I used this for several months and purchased a few times over. Hair history: dye my hair frequently and started using this when I colored my hair with the ombre look. I have fine hair that gets weighed down easily. With the use of a different shampoo this leaves my hair moisturizered and healthy looking. The smell is fresh and clean. I said I would purchase again because I have repurchased repeatedly, however currently I switched to a different line which makes my hair much softer to the touch. It's a great conditioner and you can't go wrong.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I liked this conditioner. It was pretty cheap for a big bottle and I bought it because I had a $1 off coupon for Target. This conditioner WAS good for my hair. Was is the keyword. After a while, the conditioner started to build up too much. I used it in conjunction with the shampoo and the leave in cream. I used it for about two months until I ran out of the conditioner and I don't plan on repurchasing. The bottle is hard to get the conditioner out of because it's one of those bottles that stand up and you have to wait for the conditioner to ooze down before you can squeeze any out. In addition, you can't really make it stand the opposite way for easier dispensing because it'll most likely fall over. The main reason I'm stopping using this is because **IT BROKE ME OUT** sensitive, acne-prone girls, don't use these Dove conditioners/shampoos! They mostly all contain mineral oil-- which is known to clog pores and cause acne. Your hair touches your face during the day plus when you sleep (and I'm the kind of person who showers at night) and will most likely cause you to break out. I broke out terribly and didn't know why until I re-examined the ingredients in this line and realized this is the only new thing I've been using. For people who don't have sensitive skin- try it, it might work wonderfully for you.

on 7/22/2013 10:21:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have curly, frizzy, thick hair with extremely fine, breakable strands, so this conditioner was an AMAZING find. Interestingly, the argan oil is not the primary ingredient; coconut oil is, which explains my incredible results; there are MANY studies showing the fantastic benefits of coconut oil for hair. I use this almost every night. Be careful to wash out ALL of the product -- it will make your hair soft, but leaving it in may weigh it down.

The bottom line: This product makes my hair soft, helps prevent breaking, and smells delightful too. For this price, it's a steal!