September 24, 2014 | 1288 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - Clinique - Moisture Surge Tinted Moisturizer SPF15

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2013 6:42:00 PM More reviews by TurtleMoon

When I got this as part of a GWP from Clinique, it took me a while to get round to using it, mainly because I've always had bad experiences with tinted moisturisers in the past. After a few tries however, I've found the best way to apply this (for me) is as more of a light foundation over the top of my regular moisturiser, rather than as a straight replacement.

Plainly put, this is lovely. I have this in Shade 1, which for my pale, slightly pinkish skin, is the perfect match. It goes on really well and coverage is more like a light foundation, so imperfections and blemishes are adequately covered. This also leaves you with a nice soft glow to your skin which lasts all day.

As memory serves, the GWP size was around 15ml which lasted about 3-4 months using it pretty much every day, so the full-sized version (30ml) should last twice as long. And for 21.50GBP a bottle, that's actually quite cheap!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/29/2013 9:10:00 AM More reviews by Ellie1826

I posted a review earlier where I only gave it 3 stars but I actually love this now! I think I applied it wrong the first time, and my skin was in much worse condition. I love the consistency, and it applies on smoothly with fingers. It is a very light coverage, but looks fresh and light on skin. I like to wear this on days where I'm not going out anywhere special but it does a good job :)

rated 2 of 5 on 4/16/2013 2:42:00 AM More reviews by Madimayt

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I got samples of about 6 BB creams/tinted moisturizers when I was at Nordstroms the other day, and out of the 6 I would say I probably liked this one the least.
It had pretty nice color, but it definitely sat on my dry patches and did not make my skin look very smooth or at it's best. May look good on someone with oily skin.
Not super impressed, not the worst, but definitely not the best. Will not purchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2013 7:00:00 PM More reviews by andreaaraiza

I love this moisturizer, leaves skin soft, gives a natural finish also covering any blemish, plus protects skin from the sun.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2013 1:35:00 PM More reviews by makeupxo

This tinted moisturizer has a bit more coverage than any other tinted face products. Covers redness and some acne scars. It's build able and goes on smooth.
I love the packaging. It's plastic and you squeeze out the product. However, there is only 1 oz when a lot of tinted moisturizers and bb creams have a little more than that. I don't have to use a lot so its okay

rated 2 of 5 on 4/1/2013 10:10:00 PM More reviews by FrizzBgone

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I was very surprised at this product. I used Clinique in university and not since. I got turned off the line and have stayed away from it. My skin is extremely dry. The change in seasons is always a difficult adjustment for my skin. I have been using Laura Mercier Silk Creme foundation, but I wanted to switch to something more natural looking and lighter. The challenge is to find something that doesn't make my dry skin look drier than it is without makeup on it. I don't normally like tinted moisturizers; I don't find I get enough coverage with them. Had the SA not insisted that this was not your typical tinted moisturizer, I would never have cinsidered it.

The coverage from the product really surprised me. I don't think it should be called a tinted moisturizer. It provides medium coverage IMO. It lasted all day - something a tinted moisturizer has never done on my skin.

The colour range is definitely not great. Luckily the 01 matches my skin perfectly. I used the shiseido foundation brush and stippled it on. It didn't completely cover the redness on my cheeks, but definitely did provide medium coverage. I used the LM Silk Creme and my Beauty Blender sponge to apply it on the areas of my face where a concealer would have been needed. LM Silk Creme is better than any concealer for my face. All other concealers are too dry for me. By using the Clinique as my foundation and just boosting its coverage on my cheeks with LM, it gave me the best of both worlds. I got the natural looking coverage I was going for, but still had the redness covered.

EDITED:
Okay so much for my favourable review. As soon as the temperature warmed up, the product disappeared. I returned it to the store. To be fair I wanted a foundation and this is not a foundation. Within a couple of hours, it didn't look like I was wearing anything.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/28/2013 1:56:00 AM More reviews by Loriencox

Great coverage for a tinted moisturizer!! My super sensitive skin didnt react at all! I really like this stuff! Will definitely repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/27/2013 6:37:00 PM More reviews by sayshal

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this in the middle of last week because I was in the middle of a really bad acne flair up and was desperate for something to provide some coverage without making it worse. This worked beautifully. I'm still using it. It hasn't made me break out, which I'm thrilled with, but suspected since the moisture-surge moisturizer doesn't make me break out either. I'm a mac NC20 and the lady at the counter gave me it in Shade 01. It doesn't cover all of my red spots/scars, but it offers decent coverage. Its very light on the skin. Overall its great, but since it only has SPF15 it gets 4 stars instead of 5.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2013 11:39:00 PM More reviews by eifffrank

I purchased this product when I was desperate for an easy to apply makeup that offered good coverage. My skin was extremely flared with acne and I couldn't apply anything too thick or hard to spread because it was very painful, I love this product and a little goes a long way. Highly recommend, but remember that it doesn't give full coverage!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/20/2013 7:39:00 PM More reviews by MakeupManiac5699

I purchased this at a clinique counter in my local mall for $25. I am Shade 2. This is very moisturizing and it givesn a nice, sheer coverage. My only complaint is that it was a bit too yellow-toned for my skin. The packaging is also a bit aggravating, considering this is a messy product and it ruins the cap a little after long-term use. The only real reason I will not purchase this is because of the price. In the economy we are in, is it really right to spend that much on a tinted moisturizer?