September 18, 2014 | 1335 users online

Eyeliner - Urban Decay - 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Perversion

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 3/27/2014 10:13:00 PM More reviews by Jayyynall7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I definitely had higher expectations. I was really hoping for no smudges and actually a lasting look but it smudged just as much as $6 eyeliner from Walmart and faded only after a couple of hours

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2014 5:25:00 AM More reviews by Olivia891

Pros: Blackest black pencil I've ever tried. I actually like that it's soft and smooth which makes for better smudging and blending. It also doesn't slide off or budge for me once it sets which is great. I'm also a contact wearer and despite hearing about having issues with this formula from others I haven't had any so far.

Cons: Runs out so fast! Even though I've had mine for some time since I don't use it daily, it's probably down to the size of my index finger b/c of sharpening it so often.

I would says it goes too fast for the relatively high price, especially if used daily but it's such a lovely pencil and really worth it. I've already bought Zero to try next for when it runs out so I'll be comparing the two.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/19/2014 11:52:00 AM More reviews by knbruice

I have always loved this eye pencil since I first tried it a few years ago. It is the BLACKEST BLACK eye pencil I have ever seen or used. I love urban decays eye pencils because they stay on all day (I use urban decay primers as well.). They are soooo creamy, sometimes almost too creamy but they apply so nice. This liner stays put for the most part on my waterline but still smudges a tiny bit. The only reason I would not buy again is because I have very fair skin at the moment and it looks too stark and black on me.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2014 2:42:00 PM More reviews by Lforde46

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

My HG go-to daily eyeliner. I use this when tightlining and have the darkest, thickest-looking lashes with this method.

USE NOTES: I prime with UDPP in Eden, then apply shadows (usually UD Naked or LORAC Unzipped palettes). I tightline upper lashes with UD Perversion, then finish with Maybelline Volum' Express The Falsies.

I usually don't use eyeliner above the upper lash or below the lower lash line; I mostly use shadow for lining in those areas. However if I'm going for a big smoky eye I will line with Perversion then use a smudging brush to blend it out. It is REALLY bold and I don't like the look of this liner unless it's smudged out.

Verdict:

I don't have any burning, stinging or watering.
Great wear, I get through an entire work day without reapplying.
No sliding or smudging.

Comments:

Many people have mentioned that the formula is too soft and because of that they experience a lot of smudging and have to reapply and resharpen their pencils too frequently. I have had none of those issues, in fact I get great wear out of my pencil and it has lasted me months. If you have purchased this pencil and don't like it, try tightlining with it!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2014 9:41:00 AM More reviews by Walko

If you are after a jet black liner this is it. This is blackout black.I use brown a lot but for a really dramatic evening look this is excellent.It's good on both upper and lower lids. Some pencils are impossible on the upper lid, they just won't show up, but this works as well as a liquid. This has great staying power and it doesn't smudge. It's waterproof so it shouldn't.A bit pricey but this is worth it.Great little pencil.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2014 10:11:00 PM More reviews by jamboreeo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is my everyday eyeliner. I absolutely love it. Highly pigmented and glides on so easily and smoothly. Very dramatic and sharp lines. After applying, you should give a it a few seconds to set as it may smudge. Works excellent with my UD primer potion. Overall fantastic product, however it is on the pricier side.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/16/2014 6:17:00 PM More reviews by DiamondsAndWhiskey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Great color, but the pencils wear away sooo fast.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/14/2014 11:09:00 PM More reviews by catmarg

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Very rich dark black. Creamy and smooth. It is almost too black for me I think as it looks stark. It does smudge a bit too. I would buy again, but in a different colour.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2014 4:08:00 PM More reviews by turquoiseginger

I love this pencil! It goes on smooth and pitch black. It's one of the few eyeliners I can wear all night that doesn't budge or smudge.

Like many other reviewers, I did have issues with the point not getting sharp enough. I almost gave up on the pencil but at the suggestion of other reviewers I purchased the NYX pencil sharpener and it made all the difference. Not crumbling, sharp tip, and no wasted products

If you get this pencil, please get either the Urban Decay or NYX sharpener to go with it.

Yes, the pencil is pricey, but it's absolutely worth the money.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/13/2014 12:56:00 PM More reviews by sunshine36616

This is my favorite black eye pencil. It is very pigmented, goes on creamy and doesn't go anywhere. It does smudge if you want it to though. It lasts all day. It is very black and matte, no sparkle or shimmer.