Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Perversion

3.5

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Isododecane, Cyclopentasiloxane, PEG/PPG-19/19 Dimethicone, Synthetic Wax, Hydrogenated Polydicyclopentadiene, Nylon-12, C20-40 Alcohols, Perfluorononyl Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Diisostearate/Polyhydroxystearate/Sebacate, Polyethylene, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Tocopherol. [+/- (May Contain/Peut contenir): CI 77499 (Iron Oxides), CI 77019 (Mica), CI 77510 (Ferric Ferrocyanide), CI 77266 (Black 2)].

on 10/31/2014 7:42:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

NOPE. If you even have slightly sensitive eyes, do not get this! Never has an eyeliner irritated my eye this badly before...

It applied amazingly, was super black, and set wonderfully. So, when I put it on in the morning U was wow'ed. The only item that was put on my eye was that eyeliner. I did not tightline or waterline.

About an hour later, my right eye had a strange feeling to it. Kind of felt like something was stuck in my eye, but a lot more mild. It also felt like there was a thick goop on my eyeball. I just ignored it, but later it happened to the other eye too.

By the time I got home, I was just so ready to take it off. Right when I removed it, the weird feeling in my eyes left.

Weird, but I gave it two stars since it did live up to its claims. I'll try it again another day when I don't do much and update if needed.

on 10/31/2014 11:32:00 AM

Urban decay is the only brand that I will splurge on for cosmetics. I am a total drugstore junkie, because I can not fathom spending hundreds of dollars for my entire everyday makeup regimen. I've bought this eyeliner twice, its pretty pricy, $20 a stick. It goes on like a dream, smooth, smudgable, and black black black. However, I find myself having to sharpen it ALL THE TIME meaning ot doesn't last very long for being so expensive! Also, if you don't smudge it for that smokey effect, it smears a bit and can look messy. I also wear my liner pretty thick, and it doesn't layer well when worn on my upper lid, it looks sort of chunky. I will say that it is the only liner that I can apply to my water line and not have to reapply throughout the day, which is great!

on 10/31/2014 10:45:00 AM

Pros:
- Absolute blackest black eyeliner Iíve ever used
- Perfect for when you plan to smudge the liner with a smoky eye

Cons:
- Apparently I have sensitive eyes. I have never had ANY product irritate my eyes before, but I just canít use this liner on my waterline. My eyes were burning, both inside and around after putting it on my waterline. However, for me at least, itís fine if itís kept on the lid only.
- Kind of oily consistency so itís best if used with a smudger and smoky eye and not for a solid liquid eyeliner look.
- I donít like sharpening my eyeliners. I suppose for some this doesnít bother them, but I much prefer an automatic pencil.

It does concern me a bit that it irritated my eyes so much when I put it on my waterline. I have no allergy problems. Iíve used makeup since I was a kid. I own and have used several different products. Iíve used eyeliner on my waterline since I was in jr. highschool. I have never had a reaction to a formula like I did to Perversion.

Overall, if I want a clean straight line I use a liquid liner so Iím not disappointed with the consistency, and it definitely sets dry and solid. Iím disappointed that I canít use this on my waterline, as that was pretty much my purpose for buying this liner, but it works so darn good for smudging on those smoky eye days that Iíd probably purchase it again just for that.

on 10/17/2014 12:53:00 AM

I am make up artist and here is my honest review. It glides perfectly however it makes very thick line. And you have to apply it fast as it dries out very fast on skin. Staying power is superior. Very black. Blackest eye liner. Goes on super easily.Minus: harsh chemicals. Do not do your inner lash line. Do not use if you have sensitive eyes. Not hypoallergic. Impossible to remove. I would advice to use it for special events only due to the harsh chemicals in it.

on 10/9/2014 1:18:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I had seen so many great reviews on this eyeliner and how great it is and how great it works to tightline. The pigmentation is great I loved how black it is and it does go on smooth, however, there is one word to describe my experience with this, messy. It didn't stay even with primer I drove from my house to work, about an hour drive and I literally had eyeliner down my face on my cheeks. I decided to give it another try and it smudged even worse. This is definitely being returned. There are drug store products that work better than this.

on 10/3/2014 8:16:00 PM

Let me start off by saying that I LOVE UD products! They're super pigmented and long lasting despite their hefty price tags.

I own a few of the UD eyeliners and ran out of "Zero". Stopped by Sephora and happened to see "Perversion" so I tried it out. I was completely AMAZED by the pigment/color intensity and without giving it a second thought I purchased it.

I noticed that my eyes were always red and itchy after I applied it and that the symptoms would subside when I removed it at night but thought it was due to something else. I tried to combat this irritation with all types of lubricating eye drops, etc. but had no success. When I was NOT wearing this eyeliner, my eyes weren't red and irritated as they normally would be which led me to conclude that my eyes were sensitive to the ingredients in this particular liner. I guess I was in denial since I am able to wear all other UD liner's without issues. I had to unfortunately toss it away--such a sad shame because this is the most intense shade of black that I've come across by far!

Pros:
-darkest black eyeliner shade I've come across
-very pigmented
-long lasting, less smudging (compared to other UD eyeliners)
-super pigmented so 1 light stroke will last all day= pencil will last many months & saves you $$$

Cons:
-not for individuals with sensitive eyes
-needs to be sharpened= less hygenic and wastes product if over-sharpened (very easy to do this btw)
-contact wearer's BEWARE (dried my eyes terribly and felt itchy all day)

on 10/3/2014 2:10:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have many UD liners, and love them all. Ran out of Zero, went to repurchase, and got Perversion instead because it's supposed to be darker. It is noticeably darker and creamier than Zero, but that's all I can say for pros. Perversion left me a smudgy mess. Didn't stay on and migrated to my contacts lenses, leaving me with blurry vision! Thought it was just my technique (though it never happened in the past). Tried it again and again with the same results. Tried other brands and other UD liners (not Perversion), and no runniness/blurred lenses. So.....no more Perversion for me.

I'm amazed that this doesn't have a 5 star rating! On me it is worthy of all 5 lippies. Blackest black color in one swipe, and doesn't budge or fade once it sets. Not even on my water line. HG for me, hands down. Love it with diorshow blackout mascara.

on 9/25/2014 5:47:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Bought this because I liked how black the Perversion mascara was! Plus, I really liked how pigmented and dark the Too Faced perfect eyes liner was, but couldn't stand the mess! I've been looking for something that dark. This pencil is exactly what I wanted. Dark, creamy black without all the smudge, smears, and difficulty with application. It glides on easy and really does stay put all day. I was skeptical at first because every blacker than black liner I've tried has not performed. This one has and it gives my eyes that perfect definition I was looking for. Way to go UD!

on 9/7/2014 5:26:00 PM

Best eyeliner ever.
I have black hair/eyelashes/eyebrows but my skin is not that dark, so I need a very pigmented, deep, dark black eyeliner or else it looks faded. This is the darkest eyeliner I have found. It glides on so smoothly and doesn't flake or lose color throughout the day.
I have very watery eyes, but this eyeliner stays put on my waterline. Sometimes, after 3 hours it will smudge a little in the outer corners of my eyes, but all I have to do is wipe it once with my fingers and it'll be okay for the rest of the day. You can also use it on your top lid to draw a straight line or a wing even if you have oily lids. The eyeliner stays creamy for 30 seconds after you apply it, so make sure not to touch it during that time period or else it will smudge and get messy.
Since it is a pencil eyeliner it finishes up quickly, so I can only afford to use it on my lower waterline (and I use drugstore eyeliner on my top lid). But it is worth the money!

Video Reviews & Tutorials

How to do inspiration Hello Kitty Makeup: Fun & Great for Halloween! by beautybysantaana

The best pencil EVER! SUPER BLACK Perversion Pencil by Urban Decay! by Anna Boroshok

Top Rated Urban Decay Products