December 19, 2014 | 846 users online

Shampoo - Organix - Ever Straight Brazilian Keratin Therapy

rated 4 of 5 on 8/15/2013 9:43:00 AM More reviews by MiddleCyclone

I definitely found that this shampoo helped make my hair straighter and there were no frizzies!! I have naturally straight hair on the finer side which will dry to a slight wave if I let it air dry. I also get insane frizzies with flyaways and find that many shampoos which claim to be smoothing and anti frizz actually make my frizziness worse. This one however works wonders!

My hair was super smooth, super soft and super straight. I usually have to blow dry and flat iron to get the straight look that I'm after yet after using this shampoo my hair only needed the blow dry to be straight. It was also so easy to comb through my hair when it was wet and the blow dry was so quick, my hair just seemed to naturally fall into perfect place.

The scent is also really amazing, kind of like a chocolate caramel nutty concoction.

I find that using this shampoo with the Organix coconut milk conditioner worked the best for my hair, the Keratin conditioner was a bit too lightweight for me.

If you've got naturally straight hair which you want to give a little more oomph to give this shampoo a try!

UPDATE: For unknown reasons this shampoo stopped working for me. After using it for about 2 weeks it just started making my hair limp and unmanageable. I had a similar experience with the Organix Coconut Milk shampoo. I'm not sure what it is about Organix products but they just don't seem to stand up to the test of time. I'm done with the brand and would recommend to anyone who is interested in it to look elsewhere for an organic hair care line.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/20/2013 9:05:00 AM More reviews by biancamina

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've used the shampoo and a conditioner both, and I like them a lot. They make my hair soft and manageable and really easy to comb through and style. It doesn't help straighten my hair, but my hair is naturally wavy/curly and it did help with frizziness and dryness. If you have naturally straight hair that dries with a tiny bit of wave to it this might help. I won't be rebuying because it doesn't beat my old shampoo and conditioner which I ran out of and for this stuff to have until I went to Ulta again

rated 1 of 5 on 7/6/2013 7:49:00 PM More reviews by jasminefire

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This practically full bottle is sitting on my bathroom counter, and may still be sitting there till the end of time. Of course it doesn't help straighten your hair, and beyond that bold-faced lie it made my hair feel utterly limp. It could be beneficial the next time I shampoo my longhaired, ultra-fluffy cat...

rated 4 of 5 on 6/15/2013 12:52:00 AM More reviews by directioner123

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

lets cut to the chase. i like this product because it makes my hair soft and manageable. but it doesnt make my hair straight. but, another thing i like is that it makes my hair lighter! since the shampoo and conditioner are brown it makes my brown hair lighter! i also have an oily and flaky scalp thanks to the suave professionals. but when i switched to this shampoo, my scalp was clean after 2 washes!!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/25/2013 9:58:00 PM More reviews by violetnights

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought the shampoo and conditioner from this line, and they are fine products; my hair looks and feels clean after use. The problem is that the product also claims to help straighten hair, and I did not experience this effect to even the slightest degree. It was also quite pricey for a drugstore product, especially since it is packaged with less product than most DS bottles of shampoo and conditioner. My expectations were not met, the claims were not met, and I will not be repurchasing.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2013 1:25:00 PM More reviews by angiee0215

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I used up this shampoo in the last 4 months or so. I think it does a good job of cleaning, but I believe it faded my hair color due to the C14-18 Olefin sulfonate and it dried out my hair pretty bad. It made my hair feel like straw. When I started to notice this, I used another shampoo and noticed a huge difference in just one use not using this. It also made my hair very flat and lack of volume. My hair type: wavy, colored, long and thick. I will not be repurchasing.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/2/2013 1:11:00 PM More reviews by zany05

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Despite the negative reviews on this shampoo, I actually think it is quite good. The smell is wonderful and it leaves my hair squeaky clean. My hair feel flexible and renewed after using this, but I have noticed that the ends of my hair have become a little brittle. But I am not sure if it is because of shampoo or because lately my diet has not been balanced,
Anyway, I've been using Organix shampoos for 2 years now and I am not disappointed in this one either, although I will not repurchase it.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/28/2013 12:44:00 PM More reviews by lsheeler

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm not usually a comment person, but I read some of the reviews after trying this product. This is a KERATIN therapy shampoo. A key tell tale sign that your hair needs keratin is if it feel slimy in the shower. It means your hair has too much moisture and needs the keratin to balance it out. This explains the dryness that some of you experienced. Being that it was too much for some of you, your hair didnt need it. I am a cosmetologist and really emphasize to my clients that they need to pay attention to the "feels" of their hair to figure out what it really needs. Not what you want.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/22/2013 3:07:00 PM More reviews by bcmorey

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I'm quite surprised to see so many negative reviews on this product but I suppose I am just an outlier. I LOVE this product. It works wonders on my hair and yes, it does actually straighten my mermaid-y wavy hair and does reduce almost all of the frizz (trust me there's a sizable amount). This being said i have a theory as to why so many reviews have trouble. I only wash my hair 2-3 times a week, i think using this shampoo (and conditioner) any more than that would be too harsh on your hair and cause many of the problems other reviews are having. On top of this, I also try to wash my hair in luke warm water - another preventative measure to reduce drying. My suggestion would be to try out one or both of these options when using this shampoo (and conditioner) as i have had nothing but success from both products.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2013 11:54:00 PM More reviews by sross123

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Lathers well with pleasant scent. After using shampoo with Everstraight conditioner, blowdrying and flat iron - my hair feels the softest and healthiest it has in many years! I have coarse, frizzy prone hair that is colored honey-kissed Blonde. I plan to continue using these products.