Milani The Multitasker Face Powder

4.1

Not tested on animals

Talc, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Cyclopentasiloxane, Phenoxyethanol, Magnesium Stearate, Dimethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil, Dehydroacetic Acid, Cera Alba (Beeswax), Parfum (Fragrance), Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde (Lyral), Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Coumarin, Hydroxycitronellal, Benzyl Salicylate, Citronellol, Eugenol.+/-May Contain: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499).

on 4/14/2014 5:30:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is really good.
A lovely, fine textured, matte setting and finishing powder, softly scented and luxuriously soft to apply. It sets my foundation well and leaves a velvety matte finish that prevents shine for a good 4 hours on me. I like to apply this with my Real Techniques blush brush, as it's really easy to sweep under eyes and apply around my nose, forehead and hair line.
This comes in a standard Milani compact, which I have to admit, is not my favourite. It's too bulky and there's a lot of wasted space for the useless brush under the actual powder pan. But it does come with a gorgeous lace embossed pattern, which slowly disappears with use.
I use Light Medium and it's quite pale, so I might get Medium to swap out for summer, depending on how much colour I pick up (hopefully not too much!).
Will definitely purchase again!

on 3/31/2014 2:03:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

I have mixed feelings about this. The color selection is pretty limited (8 shades). I got this in "light tan" and it was a perfect match for me. I recommend getting one shade lighter, since this oxidizes. This doesn't control oil and lasted about 2 hours. This gives a nice semi-matte finish to it. The packaging is bulky. The pattern in the front of the compact when you first use it is elegant, I admit. I don't use the puff that comes with it. The coverage is light-medium. It didn't break me out.

on 3/26/2014 2:52:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Another drug store waste. Since it was cheap I tried it. I'm not quite sure what all the hype is about. The coverage is very average. My skin is oily and I was shiny after a couple of hours. Not many color choices. The compact broke the day after I bought it. Will not purchase again.

on 3/20/2014 2:19:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have this in shade 01 Light and I am NW20. It's still a tad too dark on me. It's a nice finishing powder and blotting powder, but for anything else its so-so. I started using it for contouring to use it up at this point. It's an okay powder, nothing special.

I am more annoyed with the packaging that anything else. The packaging is very bulky and takes up so much room but its also very cheap. Mine broke already after 3 months. The top clear part that you can see the product through in the compact just popped out one day. I am by now means rough with my things and this surprised me.

I cannot fix it, I have tried many times, so now it cannot be in my bag and that was why I got it. It has a mirror in the bottom compartment and a poof. I am glad I found it for 75% off and wouldn't repurchase.

on 3/11/2014 2:24:00 AM

This is exactly what I was looking for makes me skin flawless ...I love it

on 2/20/2014 3:06:00 PM

I don't usually write reviews, but I'm so impressed with this powder that I made an exception. For reference, I'm NC20. I bought the 05 Tan shade on sale. It's amazing as bronzer! I love that it didn't look orange or muddy. It gave my face some dimension and I love that it's matte. I think I like this as much as my Bobbi Brown bronzer. If you ever see this on sale, give it a try, you won't be sorry!

on 1/8/2014 6:02:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I have to agree with the reviews below. This is a good matte powder with light to medium coverage and it is buildable, and more pigmented than most drugstore powder. On the compact it says "for setting, finishing and blotting" - but in addition to that, I use it in place of foundation too when I'm in a rush. It has enough coverage to even out skin and cover some minor imperfections. It reminds me of MAC's Studio Fix - although Milani is less heavy in coverage and feel. I use a big, fluffy brush to apply a light layer over foundation when needed or use a sponge for touch-ups/blotting t-zone. For my NC20 skin I use the Light Medium, and also the Light Tan #4 (matches my NC25-30 summer skin, used as a contour in the cooler seasons also). It's very silky, applies easily, can be used in place of foundation, for contour, blot powder, etc and is affordable. It's not my HG powder - but it's a good reliable product. Always remember to moisturise if using any powder otherwise it will cling to dry patches and look chalky.

The only complaint I have is the smell, WHY on earth add fragrance to a face powder? It has that "old lady violets and talcum powder" smell I can't stand. It's a good thing the scent doesn't linger. Scent aside, highly recommend this for oily or combo skins.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I am always looking out for the next best powder foundation and this one is great. This is perfect for days that I am running out the door and need a quick lift for my face. The coverage is medium and buildable. I also pair this with my liquid foundations and it makes my skin look flawless and matte. I will definitely repurchase.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

This powder has amazing coverage!!! It looks so nice on the skin and it's very soft! I loved it the first day I wore it but then I started breaking out really bad. Still amazing though and I wish it wouldn't break me out.

on 1/7/2014 1:21:00 PM

I've hit pan on this and I never hit pan on anything! This is an excellent drugstore powder with a good color selection for people with warmer skin tones. It's matte and the coverage is buildable. The best thing about it is it doesn't oxidize. The package comes with a powder sponge and mirror under the pan which makes it a little bulky. But other than that, it was worth the money!

Recommended for Normal Skin