October 20, 2014 | 862 users online

Liquid - Dinair Airbrush Makeup Foundation

rated 3 of 5 on 1/11/2013 1:24:00 PM More reviews by yesitskellie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I purchased this system for personal use because I never seem to have makeup on at the end of the day even after using primers underneath & both Ben Nye final seal and the Mehron products to keep the makeup in place. The reviews I read prior to purchase said tears & sweat would not affect this makeup and that the colors were great. I'm a dark skinned person & I sent a picture for them to match me. I was told Egyptian bronze was the correct color for my skin tone. Sadly, today I am attempting to find a foundation color that actually matches me & does not make me look all red in the face. The system is pretty easy to use so I give it an overall 3 taking off points for not really having a better array of colors for women of color whose undertones are not red. The unfortunate thing is, for years I've had difficulty finding the right foundation color and many either make me look red or make me look ashy, MAC is the only company I've found that has a flawless match for my skin tone. I will be looking & hoping that MAC has a color in their airbrush line that matches the color I have been wearing that is not an airbrush product. I would buy this system & the other makeup colors just not the foundation.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/10/2013 4:52:00 PM More reviews by samara85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This airbrush makeup is fun at first, but it is more time consuming. And as much as I don't mind the extra work when I product delivers great results, this one can be annoying because for me, the results are just ok.

I have large pores and and fine lines around my eyes. And I usually use a blending brush to apply foundation to my face which works well. Anyway, I had airbrush makeup done for my wedding, and I did like it, it looked amazing in photos, but was very thick and would never wear that much everyday. But I thought if I bought an airbrush system I could do a lighter version of it. I did do this, but I find it doesn't give good coverage at all and makes all my pores, hairs, and lines show up so much worse. I can go super heavy like my wedding day and get the same look, but it's just silly for every day wear. It's too much and looks cakey. Some how with my hair and eye makeup all done on my wedding day, it looked good. But now i find it just settles in fine lines and shows my pores way too much. Maybe it didn't even look that good on my wedding day, and maybe the photographer we had was good with the lighting and airbrushing photos lol.
So no, I do not prefer this over regular makeup because it just doesn't give enough coverage without looking ridiculous.

Trust me, take a mirror OUTSIDE, on an overcast day where it's that bright grey sky outside. You will see how rough your skin looks with airbrushing. Lol. That's how i figured out it was not as good and seamless as I thought it was.

So I did give it three stars because... If you have days where your skin is peeling because of being dry or sun burnt or whatever, airbrushing will help give you some light coverage and won't peel up the skin. So whenever my skin is dry or patchy from being too cold weather or whatever, regular foundation peels up all that and makes it worse, but the airbrushing give u just a TAD bit of coverage and doesn't disturb the peeling flakey skin. Lol. But it has to be just a little bit of coverage or I swear, u will look cakey. Just take that mirror outside and see ur face in true daylight.

So I guess I will just use this when I have days where my skin is peeling or flakey and can't use foundation. But it is just a waste IMO because my skin is rarely peeling or flakey. I'd rather saved my money and not wore regular foundation on those days lol. But I know everyone is different and they have a return policy so if ya gotta try it out, it may be worth it for you.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/8/2013 9:25:00 PM More reviews by bottledup

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Dinair new bottles - got my first packs, they had leaked all through the pack! Not just one, but 2.
Very messy, obviously cant be used.
Still waiting for a response from customer service.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2013 8:51:00 PM More reviews by Yorria

Without Airbrush: This foundation kinda sucks without a compressor (does not have to be dinair's) , but if you are interested in getting Dinair, buy a bottle from amazon and test it out on your face first. There isn't much in it so I can't see anybody breaking out (its helped my skin) but its possible.

Foundation/Blush/Eyshadow/Contour/Highlight with Compressor: Very good for all the above things. Cannot say how much I love it for all these. Goes on flawlessly once you get the hang of it, but its takes TIME.

Compressor/Airbrush for eyeliner and lips: Dinair claims it can do eyeliner and lips, and while it does eyeliner fine I still think regular eyeliner is superior. I would not reccomend for lips.

Foundation for Dry Skin: This makeup is dry naturally and if you have dry or combination skin you may want to mix in moist and dewy INTO the foundation using backbubbling method. Moist and dewy does not replace a moisturizer.

Foundation for Combination Skin: Put the moist and dewy on after you foundation in areas where its dry. Moisturizing before (not with moist and dewy) is important.

Foundation for Oily Skin: Use makeup alone without moist and dewy. Will cover wonderfully but does not prevent oil production, you may need to set it with a powder. For extremely oily skin (like where you are finding the makeup isn't staying), you may want to consider switching to their paramedical makeup. I've also read (but never tried) you can add a quality vodka (JUST 1 DROP) and mix it in through backbubbling and this helps. Or mixing in a setting spray, or spraying on the setting spray with the airbrush afterwords.

--------

Price: I wont' lie to you, the initial cost is pretty steap, but its pretty universal price throughout all airbrush systems. However dinair's compressor is supiorier to luminess. Once you have the compressor, you can use any WATER based airbrush makeup with it. So if you find you don't like dinair's makeup after a time, you can use luminess or water based temptu, occ, etc. The makeup after the initial cost is on par with drug store brands, just buy in bulk to save when you can and remember airbrush makeup last a long time.

Equipment: Pretty high quality stuff but if your compressor should die, dont' freak. Just call them up and they will give you instructions to ship it back then they will ship you another one. This process takes 2 weeks roughly from you sending it to you getting it at your door. For status updates USE THE PHONE, don't bother e-mailing them, they suck with e-mails.

Customer Service: This is a biggie, and its most apparent hated part of it all. Customer service is amazing...ON THE PHONE. Super fast, friendly and helpful, and is by far the best customer service I've had via phone. However trying to get customer service to reply to e-mail is difficult. Their automated messages are fine but dont' expect to hear from actual people by e-mail. CALL THEM.

Return Policy: There is a 15% restocking fee if you want to return the compressor, OR you could take their free skype lesson and that restocking fee is waved. The reason they do this is SOOOOO many people go forever applying this makeup on wrong and end up hating the product and want it returned. Airbrush makeup takes time to learn right, otherwise it comes on cakey or uneven. If you are worried truly about returning, purchase through paypal so you can dispute if need be.

Clogging issues: Allot of complaints about clogging. This is true with any continuous airflow brush imo. What you need to make sure is you follow their cleaning instructions on their videos and doc it/use caps with cleaning solution in barrel everytime after you are done using it. This will breakdown dried makeup. Does not have to be their cleaning solution (there's is cheap though). If you accidently used a sylicone based makeup and it gets clogged they sell pipecleaners (which are also nice for doing a montly deep cleaning).

New Lids: I was going to complain about lids leaking (old ones do) but their new design fixes this issue. If you see a funnel like top on a bottle it is their old lids (except for 1.15 oz bottle), the new lids are flat and dont' leak or waste product.

Time: This product takes time to master, if you find you don't like your application (its uneven or cakey) do something different. You cannot expect different results with the same techniques. This can take some people a week or two to get the hang of and to master it takes longer.

----------

I love my dinair, its not a needed product by any means, more of a toy for me since I don't apply makeup professionly but it has helped my skin clear up and is the most flawless finish I have ever gotten with the tiniest amount of makeup I've ever applied on my face.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 12/29/2012 4:38:00 AM More reviews by Prettyfacemakeup

I deal with a lot of airbrush makeup products - Dinair is good but the customer service is terrible. If the orders were complete, and the product always worked, I wouldnt mind. But it doesnt, & I cant seem to get anyone working there to help. Would love to hear back from someone working there who (a) knows what they are talking about, and (b) is actually prepared to respond to, and assist customers. Particularly with respect to faulty products.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/27/2012 2:42:00 PM More reviews by frecklediva

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I got the system for Christmas and really enjoyed the machine. Was very easy to work with. However, just after 2 days of use the compressor stopped working. It was very hot to the touch and smelled like burned plastic and blew out no air. I contacted customer service and they said they would send a return slip via e-mail and as soon as they got the machine they would send me a new one. I was very excited about this product but now kind of upset and started to think I should look at other companies and return the system to try another system. The compressor was cheeply made.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2012 6:34:00 AM More reviews by beautygeek220

Im a filipina and i orderedmine online on there website, and may i say their customer service is superb! Very fast replies and prompt actions to your inquiries and request. I also love their free color matching, where you only have to send a picture of you without makeup and good lighting and they will give you the suggested color for your foundation. I love the portable compressor, which comes on 4 different basic colors and you cold also avail of their colorful designs for additional costa nd make your compressor look so girly... The compressor itself is very silent, and light so you can literally take it anywhere. They have wide choices for the colors, the most so far in the market. Their products are silicon free and come In Water based and paramedical line. Both lines can withstand the humidity here in our tropical country. And i love how they exactly match my colors. So to all who are looking for the best, i recommend this product... Oh and for those who are just starting to love airbrushing, the kits come with a tutorial dvd on all the things that you need to know about the product. So enjoy!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2012 9:22:00 AM More reviews by sickofacne

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have used this for work for a while, and I decided to try it for me for my wedding day look. I fell in love with it and eight months later, it's still my fave. It is soft, easy to apply. I didn't use the gun, just a foundation brush. I found u can make it more even that way. It dries to ur skin quickly, so u must brush it around ur face quickly. But once it's set, it ain't going nowhere!!! It doesn't clog pores, doesn't get greasy (more mattifying) and it lasts. The bottle I bought for 18$ I still have after eight months, (everyday use) so a little goes a long way.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2012 11:30:00 AM More reviews by Chloeclover

I'm still not sure if I will re-purchase since this is my first day wearing it and it costs around $25 including shipping for such a tiny bottle. I have oily acne prone skin so I decided to get the paramedical version just to try out. I have yellow undertones so I thought the light golden beige would suit me but its actually really orangey and dark. HOWEVER, I do not have the actual airbrushing machine and just decided to use the thin liquid foundation with my hand. I found that it was super fast drying and that it just made me look orangey and the coverage was really inconsistent and not even. So I had to take off my makeup and start over thinking of ways to apply this. I ended up using my moisturizer and dripping two drops in for each area of my face (cheeks, forehead, center of my face). I found that it is really hard to apply and get a medium-full coverage without the machine.... And the color match was not amazing on me.. I might need a lighter color or something. Will update later how it hold up on my oily skin.

Update:

After 3-4 hours, my face became dewey... Had to blot because I do not like any type of shine.... however, no need for powder I will not repurchase, too expensive and etc... But I will probably only use the remaining with my moisturizer and underneath a light coverage foundation for special occasions...

I highly recommend this product to people who have an actual airbrushing machine because it would probably work better for me if I had the actual machine instead of having to mix it with a moisturizer in order to actually apply therefore it is not really medium or full coverage... and the coloring is just too opaque (bright yellow orange)...

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2012 5:46:00 PM More reviews by greengooop

I bought both foundation and concealer from Dinair. I did buy the machine to use the foundation, however I found I don't use the machine so much as I would have thought. I shake up the foundation bottle and just apply it on my skin like a normal thin liquid foundation. It's faster and easier for me this way. The concealer I was very happy and pleasantly surprised by the great quality. I have found my self using the concealer more than the foundation. A little goes a very long way with this concealer and it stays in place all day. I have dry skin and I have no problem with the concealer being flaky and showing any gross patchy spots. It was creamy and smooth to the touch and felt almost like a mouse but it didn't sink into my skin. It sat on top and I didn't see it fall into lines or cracks on my face when I applied it. I will say the color selection of the Dinair concealers are limited. I use vanilla foundation shade and bought the matching concealer to find that I needed to buy a shade up called alabaster because vanilla was too light. Dinair has about 6 shades of concealer, one being an orange color to cancel out dark circles. If you have the darkest of dark skin, I am sorry but you will be disappointed, they stop at dark beige for concealer. However, if you are paler than pale they have a concealer for you. I love mine and I am not disappointed with the quality. I recommend this concealer and the foundation. Great buy!