April 17, 2014 | 1790 users online

Liquid - Dinair Airbrush Makeup Foundation

rated 1 of 5 on 12/29/2012 4:38:00 AM More reviews by Prettyfacemakeup

I deal with a lot of airbrush makeup products - Dinair is good but the customer service is terrible. If the orders were complete, and the product always worked, I wouldnt mind. But it doesnt, & I cant seem to get anyone working there to help. Would love to hear back from someone working there who (a) knows what they are talking about, and (b) is actually prepared to respond to, and assist customers. Particularly with respect to faulty products.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/27/2012 2:42:00 PM More reviews by frecklediva

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I got the system for Christmas and really enjoyed the machine. Was very easy to work with. However, just after 2 days of use the compressor stopped working. It was very hot to the touch and smelled like burned plastic and blew out no air. I contacted customer service and they said they would send a return slip via e-mail and as soon as they got the machine they would send me a new one. I was very excited about this product but now kind of upset and started to think I should look at other companies and return the system to try another system. The compressor was cheeply made.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2012 6:34:00 AM More reviews by beautygeek220

Im a filipina and i orderedmine online on there website, and may i say their customer service is superb! Very fast replies and prompt actions to your inquiries and request. I also love their free color matching, where you only have to send a picture of you without makeup and good lighting and they will give you the suggested color for your foundation. I love the portable compressor, which comes on 4 different basic colors and you cold also avail of their colorful designs for additional costa nd make your compressor look so girly... The compressor itself is very silent, and light so you can literally take it anywhere. They have wide choices for the colors, the most so far in the market. Their products are silicon free and come In Water based and paramedical line. Both lines can withstand the humidity here in our tropical country. And i love how they exactly match my colors. So to all who are looking for the best, i recommend this product... Oh and for those who are just starting to love airbrushing, the kits come with a tutorial dvd on all the things that you need to know about the product. So enjoy!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2012 9:22:00 AM More reviews by sickofacne

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have used this for work for a while, and I decided to try it for me for my wedding day look. I fell in love with it and eight months later, it's still my fave. It is soft, easy to apply. I didn't use the gun, just a foundation brush. I found u can make it more even that way. It dries to ur skin quickly, so u must brush it around ur face quickly. But once it's set, it ain't going nowhere!!! It doesn't clog pores, doesn't get greasy (more mattifying) and it lasts. The bottle I bought for 18$ I still have after eight months, (everyday use) so a little goes a long way.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2012 11:30:00 AM More reviews by Chloeclover

I'm still not sure if I will re-purchase since this is my first day wearing it and it costs around $25 including shipping for such a tiny bottle. I have oily acne prone skin so I decided to get the paramedical version just to try out. I have yellow undertones so I thought the light golden beige would suit me but its actually really orangey and dark. HOWEVER, I do not have the actual airbrushing machine and just decided to use the thin liquid foundation with my hand. I found that it was super fast drying and that it just made me look orangey and the coverage was really inconsistent and not even. So I had to take off my makeup and start over thinking of ways to apply this. I ended up using my moisturizer and dripping two drops in for each area of my face (cheeks, forehead, center of my face). I found that it is really hard to apply and get a medium-full coverage without the machine.... And the color match was not amazing on me.. I might need a lighter color or something. Will update later how it hold up on my oily skin.

Update:

After 3-4 hours, my face became dewey... Had to blot because I do not like any type of shine.... however, no need for powder I will not repurchase, too expensive and etc... But I will probably only use the remaining with my moisturizer and underneath a light coverage foundation for special occasions...

I highly recommend this product to people who have an actual airbrushing machine because it would probably work better for me if I had the actual machine instead of having to mix it with a moisturizer in order to actually apply therefore it is not really medium or full coverage... and the coloring is just too opaque (bright yellow orange)...

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2012 5:46:00 PM More reviews by greengooop

I bought both foundation and concealer from Dinair. I did buy the machine to use the foundation, however I found I don't use the machine so much as I would have thought. I shake up the foundation bottle and just apply it on my skin like a normal thin liquid foundation. It's faster and easier for me this way. The concealer I was very happy and pleasantly surprised by the great quality. I have found my self using the concealer more than the foundation. A little goes a very long way with this concealer and it stays in place all day. I have dry skin and I have no problem with the concealer being flaky and showing any gross patchy spots. It was creamy and smooth to the touch and felt almost like a mouse but it didn't sink into my skin. It sat on top and I didn't see it fall into lines or cracks on my face when I applied it. I will say the color selection of the Dinair concealers are limited. I use vanilla foundation shade and bought the matching concealer to find that I needed to buy a shade up called alabaster because vanilla was too light. Dinair has about 6 shades of concealer, one being an orange color to cancel out dark circles. If you have the darkest of dark skin, I am sorry but you will be disappointed, they stop at dark beige for concealer. However, if you are paler than pale they have a concealer for you. I love mine and I am not disappointed with the quality. I recommend this concealer and the foundation. Great buy!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2012 7:22:00 AM More reviews by SkeeterBugs

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have a few tips for the Dinair system/products learned from my mistakes. I never got the DVD from Dinair, FYI. For those who have issues with self application, you may want to do what I did; I bought a tattoo practice head with "skin" that you roll onto it ($20- eBay), & the skin lasts a long time, & you can buy more 'faces" if needed. This helped me see my own faults. For oily skin issues after makeup, DInair sells a product called "Liquid Powder" ($22+ for 1.25oz) that can be applied as needed over your makeup. They also have a product called "Shine Free" ($35+ for 1.12oz) to appl under the foundation. My solution; I just use facial blotting paper and apply translucent powder lightly as needed. For Sunscreen, DInair sells 30SPF waterbased sunscreen (2oz for $35)! I found another SPF 30 sunscreen that is oil free- Derma Topix (4oz for $12-$15 online) and I cannot feel it once applied. If you are having problems with blush colors being too bright, try applying it before you apply foundation, it mutes the color. I saw complaints regarding wrinkles, saying that it amplifies them. Many things may be happening; super dry skin, spraying too much, spraying too close, or some other issue. Can call Dinair, they have tips/troubleshooting & skin products to help with many issues. Can even pay for a private internet consultation. For help with birthmarks, acne, wrinkles, facial redness/rosacea, dry skin, under-eye circles, etc., try a generic search on You Tube, such as; 'Airbrush makeup, covering wrinkles'. AB techniques seem pretty universal between brands, from what I have seen, & you'll find a ton of videos for almost any issue. For those with a bad experience, don't despair! Do an internet search regarding your issue (&/or call Dinair). I hope this helps someone. I have had many of the above issues, so hopefully my trial & error will mean success for someone. This is my first review, please be kind...lol

rated 4 of 5 on 8/9/2012 1:07:00 PM More reviews by friendli1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

WONDERFUL customer service. The founder is a woman and I think that shows.

PROS:
*I like that Dinair is less expensive than Luminess and has been around for a long time.
*I like that it is more hygienic than regular application methods.
*Airbrushing involves little to no rubbing on the skin which seems like it could be great to prevent wrinkles.

CONS:
*A little messy and a little more time consuming
*No sun protection in the makeup and wearing sunblock underneath takes away from some of the nice airbrush look- I think I will buy a nice powder sunblock to put over my face.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/9/2012 1:23:00 PM More reviews by Mischka786

Age: Unknown Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I am a makeup artist and am always looking for newer and better products for my clients.

I love this system. Its better by miles compared to any liquid foundation out there. Doesn't even compare. Full coverage, dewy finish and lasts ALLLL day on even the oiliest skin! If you want a more matte finish, you can lightly go over it with matte setting powder and you're good to go. It shows up beautifully in pictures and the evenness is amazinggg! I love how it sits on the skin.

Its quicker than any other type of makeup! I can literally apply flawless foundation in less than ten minutes whereas before I was having to spend at least 45 minutes on JUST evening out skin tone and blemishes.

Important points:

- You have to teach yourself how to use this system. It takes practice to learn how to apply in a way where you're getting an airbrushed look. The steps are to: moisturize well, prime, conceal and then spray. Follow with setting spray or powder if you wish. I could actually just use the airbrush instead of concealer BUT I prefer doing that with a brush. This system comes with a DVD to teach you how to apply as well.

- The foundations run dark so always go a shade lighter in my opinion. I mix shades most of the time and I LOVE that I can customize colors for my clients. You typically have to with any foundation but with this its much much easier. Just remember that they run a bit dark.

- Its sensitive. Please keep cleaning your machine and do it as soon as you're done applying your makeup. Don't let it sit there until the next application.

- The blush is trickier to apply but its much more natural and prettier than powder blush. The highlighter is amazing as well...love love love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/23/2012 1:09:00 AM More reviews by ccr1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Update: I have switched to the Paramedical foundation. I have found for my oily skin it works better. I get a smoother finish. I have taken some hints regarding eye shadow. I do my eyes first and if I have any over-spray it cleans up very easy with water and a tissue. Then I apply the foundation. I have not found the right lip color yet though.

Original.

I am 39 years old and have sensitive oily skin all over my face. I also have some age spots and scaring from acne. Some redness shows as the day goes on.

I purchased Dinair because they have been in the business for 30 years. Also they have the best reviews and there product is water based. On their website they have the option to send in a photo and get a custom color match. I did this and it was great. (I think I would have gotten better results if I didnít have makeup on in my photo.) The color match was pretty close. As many have said, this was a process that I had to get used to. It did take me several days of trial and error with mixing my color to find the correct shade and using the right amount before I was willing to go out of the house with the makeup on. By the 4th day I actually had this down. When they say less is more they are correct. I have had this for one month now and here are my results.

When I first started I was using way too use too much. It was caked and I looked like a 6 year old that got into momís makeup. Now, I make one pass of foundation and stop. I have found that if I look away or take a drink of coffee I am forced to readjust my eyes. I know it sounds strange, but this forces me to really look and see if I need another application. My second pass is usually just covering any red areas or blemishes. I have one age spot that does get much lighter but never goes away. (I have only tried the water resistant and not the Paramedical yet)

So far my results have exceeded my expectations! I never really expected that my oily aging skin was going to look like a teen but, I have makeup that actually lasts all day and does not run off my face when I get oily. I have an even completion and it does not look like I am wearing makeup. I currently use the foundation, blush and a little eye shadow. Using it on my lips has not worked so far.

Ratings:

Overall: The reason I gave them a 4 instead of a 5 was because I think that when you order the kit, you should get all the colors in that shade. Example: there are 5 shades in the light category however; they only ship 4 of them. I ordered the fair kit and had to place a second order just to get the shade I actually needed. I use 3 drops of the Natural Beige and 4 drops of the Alabaster. Natural Beige was also the base color that was suggested to me from the Color Match on the website.

Price: This is pricy but it is the only makeup that is actually working for me and I have tried everything.

Packaging: Gave it a five because as long as it gets to me without being broke I donít really care about the packaging. I care more about the contents inside.

Would I buy this again? Of course!