Bare Escentuals Original SPF 15 Foundation

3.5

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide 12.6%, Zinc Oxide 21%. Inactive Ingredients: Bismuth Oxychloride, Mica, Iron Oxides, Zinc Oxide, Titanium Dioxide

on 6/21/2014 6:55:00 PM

Suprised at all the bad reviews. This is my favorite foundation. I have a lot to cover on my face and it does the job yet doesn't look cakey AT ALL. This product makes your skin glow without looking oily. I love it so much. The mineral veil over it makes it even better

on 5/20/2014 7:22:00 PM

This makeup looks awful on almost everyone. As a MUA, I'll never understand why anyone would opt for this. Fine lines, dry skin, bumps...all amplified with this stuff. When I used it many moons ago it made me oily and itchy even with primer. It's also super messy. There are a million better products, so skip this and find something that accentuates your wonderful features instead of your flaws.

on 5/20/2014 1:05:00 AM

I used this product years ago, back when it first came out, dont know if it reformulated-it was a good product. Good buildable coverage, no chemicals, natural color. I did repurchase this more than 3 times, over the course of over 1 year. I just don't like buffing my face with a brush, felt too aggressive so I stopped using it.

on 5/19/2014 3:11:00 PM

I have been using this product for almost 2 years. I would wear just the minerals with nothing underneath. My dermatologist recommended it to me and at first I loved it. However., I soon realized that the only thing it was doing for me was making me orange and looking oily midday!! Also fishing out $27 every couple months for makeup was not ideal. Now I use rimmel stay matte pressed powder over bb cream and I love it!!

on 5/17/2014 4:35:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love the idea of applying a powder foundation with a brush, and this filled the bill just fine in that regard. My problem with Bare Minerals is that the shade for light skin with cool undertones (Fair) is too yellow. The coverage was good and felt nice on my skin, but the shade is unnatural on me.

on 5/13/2014 1:08:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I've tried both the matte and the original bare minerals. I use the matte every day, I love it. It's really the same thing but I feel like the origonal has more sparkle to it. It covers everything, it looks airbrushed. I love this foundation in matte, just not original!

on 5/13/2014 1:02:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

All of a sudden, my face started to break out like crazy. After about a decade of never having a pimple all of a sudden its like my skin took its revenge on me :(

I decided to trash my many, many foundations and go natural. I had tried BE years ago and didn't like it but I thought I'd give it another go. I am NC35 and got golden medium in the original formula which is a pretty spot on match.

The first day I LOVED this. My face glowed. A couple of days went by and it seemed to me that the coverage was starting to get lighter (i.e. this didn't really cover my new zits or redness as well). The foundation also didn't last all day. Then a couple weeks went by and my combo skin dried up like a prune.

One more note, I hated the brushes. VERY scratchy.

on 5/13/2014 11:30:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I really like the finish and quality of this. It doesn't dry out my moderately dry skin. I don't have oil control issues so I can't speak on that. The only thing I can say is, if you're getting matched in a store, be very aware of the lighting. Unde rtheir flourescent lighting and bright white store, I was matched for fairly medium, which under natural is a bit too light for me. It makes me slightly pale, and my face is lighter than my body. The store is too far for me to make multiple visits, soI've been blending with another product/shade to "fix" it. Go to a sephora or ulta where they have the sample products out and you can try different shades yourself.

I heard a bunch of reviews on how wonderful this foundation was/is. I was all about trying it out as I hate the feeling of heavy foundation on my face. The bad thing was I must be allergic to the "natural" minerals. After twenty min of wearing my face started to itch. I didn't think anything of it for a while however after a month of wearing it itched each and every time I wore it. Took me a while to find this out as I have allergies all the time. The coverage was not so good for me either. It actually showed more on my skin then foundation. Didn't give as much coverage either as expected. I think if I wasn't so fair it would have been a wonderful choice. (Also if I wasn't allergic). Plus it is a messy mess trying to use it. I wasted half the product by it spilling all over the place.

on 5/7/2014 10:03:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

When I was struggling with acne this is what my dermatologist recommended to wear. The coverage was buildable but still lighter than I would have liked, it was very drying and I often noticed my skin being flakey and feeling like I looked ghostly. I used a flat top kabuki too. This actually looked better the longer I had it on my skin, the first hour I had it on I would look really dry but my own oils would eventually soak into the powder and it looked more natural.
Still, overall even with the negatives it was an okay foundation. I am kind of over powders because of the extra clean up with the brushes, and ease of contamination. Even with anti-microbial coating on my brush and the lid, I still managed to keep about the same amount of acne.
I loved the idea of this product being simple and natural, such an awesome concept. Wish the simplicity of the ingredients was translated into the price.
I eventually switched to neutrogena acne prone and the coverage was better and my skin actually broke out less.