April 21, 2014 | 1253 users online

Powder - Bare Escentuals - Original SPF 15 Foundation

rated 2 of 5 on 10/2/2013 5:24:00 PM More reviews by Mysticrhythm

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I definitely don't recommend this if you have oily skin at all! The 'luminous' finish it might give those with drier skin translated to "plasticky" on my oily skin. I look like a bad mannequin when I wear this! Also...its got poor coverage so if you've got broken capillaries, dark undereye circles etc. you'll need to pair this with a good concealer. Also, horrible staying power...comes off all over my sunglasses and phone...yuck!

No thank you, I've moved on to liquid foundation (Estee Lauder Double Wear to be exact).

rated 4 of 5 on 9/28/2013 8:31:00 AM More reviews by MetteRA

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I initially bought this to use it as a foundation - but for me the coverage is too light, so I need something underneath. Now I use it as a powder on top of my Exuviance Skin Caring Foundation, and this combo is PERFECT. The bareMinerals Orginal SPF15 Foundation provides, as a powder on top of foundation, a flawless (yet natural) finish. It doesn't look cakey, and it feels very light on the skin. I love it.

And the best part; it's mineral based, so it won't clog your pores.

Shade; I got it in "Light", and I actually think it's a tad too dark for me - but because of the light coverage I can still get away with it. I'm an NC20 right now, and "Light" would be a perfect match if you're an NC25.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2013 11:05:00 AM More reviews by PickkeyMakeup

I absolutely love this foundation. It's amazing! It covers like a dream and is undetectable if you wear the right shade with the correct undertone. Less is always more ect. Buff it in well evenly on your face and it will just make your skin look amazing. If you have oily skin I would blot every now and then but it still works well. The matte formula doesn't have the same coverage and is awful when layered at least fairly light looked orange I don't know about the other shades... Works well for large pores though. I would use a soft synthetic kabuki to buff the original in. I feel like the BE brushes are itchy and can irritate sensitive skin therefor cause acne. I've never broken out from bare mineral foundations but I think the brush makes a huge difference. The soft precision face brush should be fine

rated 4 of 5 on 8/8/2013 12:55:00 PM More reviews by ashleysizemore19

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Let me start by saying that I like a medium-full coverage. Initially, this is not a full coverage. It's actually fairly light at first. The coverage of this foundation depends on the brush you use. I love this foundation with brushes such as the Precious Face Brush or Heavenly Face Brush by Bare Escentuals. I find that these two brushes, especially the Precision Face, give the best, fastest coverage. But I've always said that this foundation really let's your natural skin show through and bring a natural glow to the face. However, I believe that BE has made it to where this foundation works best with their primer. I've tried other primers with it, and it doesn't stay on as long. But when I use the BE primers, it tends to stay on longer. Overall, I really like it.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/7/2013 5:31:00 PM More reviews by nehapatel

As much as i would like to give a positive feedback, I can't. This product contains bismuth oxychloride which has caused my skin to break out and become red- my skin is pretty sensitive! :(

HOWEVER, if you're not allergic to it...the powder is great and does give good coverage BUT it took me a while to get the coverage I wanted as I had to keep on building it on!!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2013 7:03:00 PM More reviews by fairlycurly8218

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

HG PRODUCT!!! I'm in love with this product :) I've ventured out, testing out different foundations, BB creams, Tinted Moisturizers, etc, but I always come back to this. First, the coverage is AMAZINGI cant understand why people are saying this doesn't give much coverage!? I have some acne scarring and occasional spotts and this covers everything! However, if you use too much, it can get ugly. Less is more, because if you over do it you will end up with a cake face within a few hours. At first it, it might not look like it's covering everything, but within a few minutes your face will look flawless. It literally looks like a second skin,like magic! When I first used this, though, I put on waaay to much. It looked fine right after application, but a couple hours later, my face looked like it dipped it had damp flour or something caked on!! It was awful. Properly applied though, it's gorgeous! I always get compliments on my skin :) It doesn't feel like you're even wearing makeup either (no mask feeling/look here)! Furthermore, I am extremely fair skinned, and the the lightest shade FAIR is the only shade of any foundation, BB, etc out there that I've tried that actually matches me. I have pink undertones, and this one matches me perfectly!! Would highly recommend this to anyone, just remember to not overdue it :)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2013 7:47:00 PM More reviews by dellajaz24

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I cant understand why people are saying this doesn't give much coverage!? I have some freckles, acne scarring and occasional spotts and this covers everything! and less is more, if you over do it you will end up with a cake face within a few hours. You only need a little bit. Always use a Primer. I apply a thin layer or liquid foundation as a base, let it dry then buff the bare minerals in really really well and at first it doesn't look like its covering anything but then within a few minutes your face will look flawless. Its quite magic really! I was very impressed with the flawless coverage it gives. I have never achieved that with any other mineral powder or liquid on its own.
When I first tried it however I went way over board and applied far too much, at first it looked great and off I went out for dinner a few hours later with ten friends, came home another few hours later and looked in the bathroom mirror and was horrirfied not to mention embarrassed that I'd sat around the table looking like that! - My face looked like I'd dipped it in a bucket of yellow damp flour or something it looked TERRIBLE so I quickly learnt with this stuff that you really don't need to apply too much! that's when it goes horribly wrong... :)
But over all this is a fantastic full coverage foundation for dry skin, (it will just make oily skin look even more oilier because it has a luminous finish). It lasts all day and night, don't need a lot or it will look horrible, it makes your skin look air brushed & perfect. It feels very light weight and natural, you cant feel it on your skin! It honestly feels like you're wearing nothing at all. :) The price didn't bother me. I got it for around $45 on Trademe.co.nz (I live in NZ) I am very fair skinned, I use the lightest shade FAIR but I think its a teeny bit too pale so I am going to buy another one in Fairly Light and mix the two together :). Highly recommend to all dry skin girls out there who love a luminous dewy full coverage look. Xx

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2013 8:00:00 PM More reviews by Sgarber

I LOVE this product! Not cakey not drying! Nice coverage! DOESN'T BRAKE ME OUT! My HG foundation I've bought it 4 times so far and still gonna buy more!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/24/2013 3:07:00 PM More reviews by Laughing010

After alot of research and reading different reviews I decided to buy this. At first the results came out pretty good except that it didn't cover my red cheeks, that was fine because concealer could fix that. But nearly after a month of constant useage this made me breakout. My skin is usually very clear but this made my skin breakout like FREAKING crazy!!!

I don't recommend people with dry skin using this, beacause it has a tendency to dry out the skin even more! And mother of lord, thank god that my skin could recover!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/23/2013 1:52:00 PM More reviews by Sjez

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this YEARS ago (in beige and medium beige) during high school as part of a Get Started kit on a friend's recommendation. I'm now four years out of college, so I guess that's pretty gross, goes against all the make up shelf-life rules, and has already alienated many of you MUAers, but anyway here goes:

This stuff was my introduction to foundation. I used this in high school and loved the "soft glow" effect it gave my face, but it had no lasting power and then I discovered tinted moisturizer and quickly moved on. Cut to 2013. I find this in my makeup bag when I run out of finishing powder and, because I am disgusting, decide to use it up. It works GREAT as a finishing powder, and that's what I'm rating it as. For some reason, this stuff is awesome at blending out edges on bronzer, blush, contour, and doesn't look too powdery once I've spritzed on setting spray. Oh and, it's super easy on my skin. I don't wear any kind of foundation a lot, but when I do, liquids and creams always seem to break me out a bit after a few days of continuous use (and none of those are even close to ten years old!!!). One lippy off for being messy, although I know they've updated the packaging, I think the whole "pour some product into the lid then swirl, tap, buff" is a terrible philosophy that I can't believe caught on. So much product just ends up in my sink. I just finished my jar and may go back and get one of their pressed powders one of these days if I feel like changing things up, but no more loose powder foundation for me, ever. continued >>