November 26, 2014 | 1310 users online

Powder - Bare Escentuals - Original SPF 15 Foundation

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2014 8:13:00 PM More reviews by babyblue59

I have been using bareminerals for years. It was the first foundation I ever bought. You can use it alone for a natural everyday look or you can wear it over liquid foundation to get a very flawless look. Over the past couple months I have not been wearing liquid foundation and have completely converted back to mineral makeup. I feel like it gives such a natural effect while still looking very flawless and it so perfect for everyday. It is also very natural in terms of ingredients and I feel like it is not as irritating to me sensitive skin. Highly recommend bareminerals!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2014 5:36:00 AM More reviews by linz75

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't even count how many containers I have used, have tried 3 different Mineral Foundations and always came back to BE Original SPF 15.
The finish is perfect for me, I need a slightly thicker finish, not sheer, so this is just right. I always buy Medium Beige, such a right color for me.
I definitely don't breakout.

I actually want to try more expensive one like Bobbi Brown and see if it has better finish, maybe one day.
Love this product! :)

rated 2 of 5 on 1/6/2014 11:48:00 PM More reviews by Cath12

What a difference a few hours makes. At first this looked flawless and I loved it. After about 6 hours I took some photos and could not believe how awful my face looked. I can describe exactly what happened but it was like it was separating away from itself and from my face..yuk!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2014 3:38:00 PM More reviews by carcar44324

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Other Eyes: Hazel

This foundation is fabulous! I was matched with Fairly Medium which was a perfect complement to my fair-medium skin with pink undertones. My skin can change color throughout the year, thankfully this line offered a lot of shades to suit my skintone in summer and winter. I also have very oily, sensitive, acne prone skin and this did not irritate it or slide off during sports or hot summer months. For application I moisturize with Aveeno Positively Radiant and then use EcoTools Bronzing Brush which provided nice coverage (HG Foundation brush!). The updated packaging with the twist lid is so much more handy and doesn't allow product to fall out.

PROS
-Variety of shades to match almost any skin tone
-Doesn't Clog pores!
-Can be used as a foundation and concealer (just concentrate more in certain areas)
-SPF 15
-Can sleep in it and it won't irritate skin as badly as liquid foundations
-Doesn't have the "mask" feeling

CONS
-Makes dry skin more noticeable. My oily skin can be dry and flaky due to acne treatments.
-Isn't full coverage, You have to have somewhat good skin beforehand for this to work for you
-Only lasts me 1-2 months
-Expensive. Also beware about purchasing on amazon, they sell for very cheap but more often than not they are NOT authentic products (learned this the hard way)

Overall a very solid product for sensitive, oily skin gals like myself. I would imagine this would work for the majority of skin types.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/1/2014 11:55:00 PM More reviews by angelicafabrey

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

I've never been a fan of liquid foundations and i was searching for a new powder base foundation to replace my old one. Heard good reviews on this so i decided to try it out. The first time i tried it, i noticed a very strong mineral smell which lasted almost the whole day and it really put me off. I decided to give it another go and weirdly, the smell disappeared on my second day of use. I kind of like this foundation coz it didnt break me out and the coverage is just nice, nothing too heavy which I like. I have combination skin so this product didnt make my t-zone oily either.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2013 10:28:00 AM More reviews by BeccahH

I still have containers of this makeup in my drawers. Idk, it worked great for me during my twenties, but the year after I turned 30, it was over. The foundation became very very aging. I definitely can no longer use this during the winter time. In the summers, I can use it hwne it's face melting hot & nothing else will stay on. That's the only time I would recommend this & also there ARE many high quality, cheaper mineral makeup alternative on the market now: like Everyday Minerals. Use my code at Iherb.com for $5-$10 off your first order: REB607

rated 1 of 5 on 12/6/2013 5:38:00 AM More reviews by DivaFabuLiz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

It feels almost blasphemous to say this about this celebrated "must have" that every beautician (at least in Sweden) raves about, but it really doesn't work for me. At all.

1) the shades that have enough yellow for my very yellow medium skin tone are too light, and the darker shades (tan and up) are too reddish and the result is an unnatural 80s orange look, not at all the natural glowing youthful one I expected. The "matching" concealer shades are way too light, and every single one has reddish undertones that look absoultely awful with yellow skin.

2) I have oily skin, and still this stuff leaves a too powdery finish that also looks a bit dated and ages me by about 15 years. It's actually the one product that can make my oily skin look dry!

3) it has no coverage at all, no matter whether I swirl tap and buff until I self combust or just swirl on a single layer. In terms of coverage it does absolutely nothing for me. Dark under eye circles? Still there (yes I have the concealer too). Uneven skintone? Still there and quite accentuated by the poorly matching way too reddish shade too! Blemishes? Still there and covered by product that gathers in little clusters around every impurity.

I think this is a pretty packaged but highly overrated and overpriced product. When it came out, it might have been revolutionary, but it's 2013 and most regular liquid foundations are now made with better, more skin friendly ingedients and offer better shade
matching, longevity and coverage.

I'm just disappointed that In spent so much on BM-products hoping the results would improve once I got the hang of using them and/or if I used different brushes and other add ons. Don't make the same mistake!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 11/23/2013 10:01:00 PM More reviews by productjunkieee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I used to love BE foundation when I was in high school and used it all the time. I took a long hiatus from it and thought I'd give it a go again to relieve my skin of liquid foundations to find my skin no longer likes it. I got these tiny bumps on the lower half of my face and my skin was itchy as well. My skin was also more dull the day after. What happened?! Granted, my skin condition got better after a day or 2 but this happened every time I tried to use it.

The actual coverage is wonderful and the color is pretty forgiving as long as it's applied gradually. You can layer it on for sheer to medium-full coverage. Skin looks pretty nice for a powder foundation and has a luminosity to it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2013 2:29:00 AM More reviews by breeolvera

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

So I've been wanting to give my skin a break from the full coverage liquids, because they can take a toll on the skin, so I began the experiment with minerals. The thing with this foundation is that you really need the brushes. For some reason any other brush I use won't give a good finish or coverage. Also I don't think if you have redness with product alone isn't for you I use the mineral concealer they also sell with the recommended brush and I got the coverage I desired. It last about 8 hours but of you use the primer it boost it to about 14 hours. It's very light feeling on the face and looks like skin. I won't be commited to minerals forever though because I'm a very busy women so I need very long wearing and great coverage makeup that's easy to apply and I can't use highlighting pens with this foundation.

At the end of the day if your just the average woman I do 100% recommend this.

Ps my mother and sister and I have different coverage needs and skin types and it works for all of us.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/9/2013 1:07:00 AM More reviews by KBaylie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Made me shiny, broke me out, and made my face itch!