October 23, 2014 | 1843 users online

Eyes - Wet 'n' Wild - Color Icon Brow & Eyeliner

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2012 10:40:00 PM More reviews by diamondtiara

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

The only pencil eyeliners I used to wear are by Chanel. I have tried EVERY other high end option under the sun; name it and I've experimented with it! This includes UD 24/7, NARS Larger Than Life, Tarte SmolderEYES, etc etc etc. For years, I've treated myself to a few of my Chanel HGs, because I felt nothing else came close.

Imagine my surprise when I tried Wet n' Wild Color Icon Eyeliners! I picked up Dark Brown impulsively one day, as I was taking the plunge with one WnW's eyeshadow trios. As I stated in another review, I am a high end makeup girl both by choice and necessity. I love HE cosmetics, and I also have extremely sensitive skin and eyes that are prone to irritation.

Color Icon is FLAWLESS. I fell in love with Dark Brown right away. It's up there with Chanel's Coffee Bean. Not an exact dupe, but it's a pretty color with just enough creaminess. And it lasts ALL DAY LONG! No transferring and no smudginess. I've also purchased Black, Violet, and Amethyst, and all of them wear beautifully. In fact, I've accidentally fallen asleep with my makeup on, and woken up with most if not all of my eyeliner still on my lid when I've worn these. Brilliant!

Best of all, you get a super long pencil for 97 cents - how awesome is that? I know that people have said Milani and L'Oreal might have better eyeliners, but for now I'm EXTREMELY happy wearing these babies on the days I don't want to bust out the Chanel!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/10/2012 11:53:00 PM More reviews by FootSoldier66

I'm usually diappointed with Wet N Wild products but decided to give this a try. This product is the perfect pencil to keep in your purse for emergencies. I wish I had this with me a month ago when I ended up on vacation with no luggage. All I had was some crappy makeup in my purse that I never use.

It's smooth and glides on well and is pretty pigmented. You can do an entire eye look with this thing.... fill in your eyebrows, line your eyes, and even use it as a shadow if you're feeling really creative (or desperate). I tried smudging a bunch of it on my lid and it actually worked as a shadow. I'm going to make sure I always have one in my purse from now on and that it stays sharpened.

I do find that it smudges after a while on the lower lash line so you have to be careful with that but I have a good concealer that I use under my eyes and it seems to keep it in place for the most part.

All in all, this is great and I'm so happy I decided to buy it!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/29/2012 9:26:00 PM More reviews by silverbrook

The first time I bought this I got it in brown. I absolutely hated it, because the pencil was so HARD and would not transfer any color to my eye without me tugging and tugging. So I wrote it off and was sad that I hadn't found the ultimate cheap drugstore fix. I decided to give it a try again though, this time in black, because $0.99 is not something that breaks the bank. Well, this time it has worked out pretty well! The black color transfers very easily to my eyelid and I like to use it to create a soft natural line right above my lashes for a natural daytime look with mascara. If you smudge it a bit so the excess color comes off (I always do this with eyeliner powder/gel/pencil) it will not give you raccoon eyes... even without primer. I have pretty oily lids, so smudging it a bit is key or else I get a ton of creasing or raccoon eye. Anyway, for $0.99 what do you have to lose? It's a good product to buy if you're in a pinch for some pencil to use on your brows or your eyes.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2012 9:11:00 PM More reviews by Andrealovesyou

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This eyeliner is amazing! This is soon pigmented. It is a very creamy formula that glided on your eyes with no pulling or tugging. It's comes of easily with makeup remover too! These are really long, they go from my elbow to my wrist. There is a wide color selection and all my eyeliners are by wet n wild. The only down side is for dark colors you do need to apply a setting powder otherwise you will look like a raccoon (this is the deal for ALL dark liners). I love these soo much and I recommend this to EVERYONE!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2012 7:58:00 PM More reviews by courtliz512

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is pretty much the only pencil eyeliner that I buy. They're SO cheap and nice to use...when I started using them I only had black and brown, but now I have black, brown, green, turquoise, purple, bronze...and I'm gonna keep buying more colors =D

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2012 7:38:00 PM More reviews by SimpleNSexy

So cheap and so good!
Price: ~$2 CAD
Pkg: super long thin pencil
Colour: (Black) soft black
Pigmentation: medium
Texture: creamy
I like using black pencil for my brows because I have naturally black hair. And since this isn't an intense black, it looks nice for my brows.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/9/2012 8:37:00 AM More reviews by gleekie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

NOOO JUST NOO!! I borrowed this from my friend and used it on my lower/upper lashline, not only did it completely raccoon like SMUDGE but it balled up and got I my eyes which got red and irritated!! Ugh hate this eyeliner, don't buy it. Please don't do it!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/12/2012 6:18:00 PM More reviews by DivaDeLosMuertos

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

I have this in Dark brown for my eyebrows and its Very creamy, goes on smoothly with no tugging & the pencil is reaally long compared to other brands! This pencil smudges EXTREMELY easy due to its texture..All you have to do is rub it before it sets and you'll have no eyebrows lol. Be careful! If i touch it very lightly to my eyebrows and do little strokes I can get away with using this color for my dark hair but its kinda darker than what i'm used to. A good thing about the Dark brown pencil is there's no visible reddish tones that people can often make the mistake of using for their eyebrows, it's a pure neutral brown and with a little caution and blending it works well for my sparse eyebrows. They have almost every color for these pencils!! I haven't tried using it as an eyeliner because I use Wet N Wilds liquid eyeliner, but it applies so nicely that if I liked pencils it would be one of the top choices in my stash..Because you dont have to drag it hard to get a nice color and line. The best part is probably the price though!! All of wet n wilds products are extremely affordable, it's probably the cheapest drugstore brand next to NYC and one of the best qualities (with eye makeup atleast). For the cost i'd recommend it....

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2012 9:38:00 PM More reviews by TinkerbellonCrack

Bought this in Dark Brown for days when I'm too lazy to apply brow wax and powder. I am impressed with the pigmentation, nice and opaque. I did find that the product was a little too soft for a brow pencil, so it is probably better as an eyeliner. The tone of this shade was a tad warm for my liking. I liked that the product was waxy enough to hold my hairs in place but not too stiff or clumpy. The lasting power on this was much better than brow powder alone; I definitely recommend setting the pencil with a powder anyway though. I think the length is weird but prefer it to many of the stingier brow pencils out there (MAYBELLINE DEFINE A BROW, looking at you!).

EDIT 10.17.13 | I don't use brow pencils now because wax+powder combos look way more natural.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2012 10:40:00 PM More reviews by LadyClaudia

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Wow. This eyeliner is perfect! It's soft, so I can line my top lash line without any tugging or pulling. It also lasts a whole day without fading. I got this at Walmart for $0.93, but you can get it at any drugstore. There are 15 available shades. I got it in Black Black. For $0.93, I think I'm going to get a couple more of these! :)