September 19, 2014 | 1547 users online

Lip Treatments - Burt's Bees - Tinted Lip Balm - Hibiscus

rated 3 of 5 on 1/14/2013 11:48:00 AM More reviews by lilmissann

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this shade thinking it would be a medium rosey pink, but it turned out being way too coral. I gave this to my mom who has a darker/warmer skintone than me and it looks great on her. The smell is great and I liked the texture though.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2012 11:29:00 PM More reviews by littlehousebigvacation

I have only good things to say about this product. This wears very comfortably on my lips, I would say it's almost an oily texture but it doesn't feel like it's going to slide off. It's not thick and waxy like Chapstick and it moisturizes much better than Dr. Pepper Lipsmackers. Enough said, I would purchase this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2012 1:55:00 AM More reviews by jessicalicia

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this lip balm at cvs. I forgot how much is it, I think around $7-8. It's really nice, the color is kinda rosy and glossy. It does moisturizes my lips but I have to constantly reapply because it's gone easily. but it's a lipbalm and that's what lipbalms do.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/11/2012 3:41:00 AM More reviews by Ceesaroni

I think this lip balm has a pretty smooth texture to it which is nice. The whole tinted thing should be taken VERY lightly because this product barely does any coloring. the formula isnt very long lasting but you never know, maybe this is for you.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/14/2012 11:42:00 PM More reviews by lushorchid

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

My overall feeling on this is... meh. I paid $7 at the drugstore for this and I can't say it was worth it. I love tinted balms and buy them like crazy, this one is below average. For some reason this lip balm feels like play makeup once I ignore the unnecessarily complex packaging. The formula feels cheap, thin and doesn't moisturize at all; if anything it dried my lips a bit. Has a my little pony plastic fruit scent that might pass as passionfruit. While there is a slight corally rose tint, it's not enough that I could even overlook it's meh factor and love it just for color. There are far better tinted lipbalms out there, I'll be returning this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2012 10:09:00 AM More reviews by polishproblem

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this lip balm so much! This is my every-day lip color. It feels nice on the lips, and gives them just a subtle boost of color that doesn't clash with my "natural, but pulled together" every day look.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/7/2012 7:31:00 PM More reviews by closetrebels

I love this! I suffer from dry lips and CLS (corpse lips syndrome) so I like something that is hydrating while giving a boost of colour. I have to say though, this isn't super moisturising, as in if I put it on at night by the morning my lips will still be dry. however, whilst I am wearing it my lips feel extremely soft. That may sound like it doesn't make sense, but I've never had a great relationship with my lips. Anyway, great soft colour and texture, I want to try red dahlia next.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/2/2012 12:55:00 AM More reviews by cindahBEAR

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've been using Burt's Bees regular beeswax lip balm for years... so I decided to give this tinted lip balm a try.
It does have good pigment... it's sheer, but noticable. And it has a nice shiney finish, not shimmery - which is good.
I will agree with the other reviews though that it does cling to and accentuate chapped areas... so that's a big downer. =/
It's a bit pricey for a tinted lip balm, too... so that along with the fact that it accentuates chapped areas leads me to say I won't buy it again. But it might work well for someone who doesn't have dry or flaky lips.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/14/2012 12:26:00 PM More reviews by songtothesiren

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Hibiscus is a warm rose colour. It can look a bit dark if you apply more than 1 layer, but it is a medium-dark shade in general. It looks natural, again, if I apply one coat, but several coats gives the appearance of lipstick - and it is pigmented. The balm gives a bit of a sheen, but it's not glossy. I also find it to be very hydrating - almost more hydrating than Burt's Bees regular lip balms! But maybe that's just me. The pigment does create a bit of a drying effect (especially if you have imperfections on lips), but I guess that goes with out saying.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/7/2012 5:14:00 AM More reviews by morninglorya

Liked the packaging, very nice color. However, it was very pigmented for my taste and occasionally ended up looking unnatural. It also clings to chapped lips which can look... really gross haha. Great color though, just be careful with application.