April 17, 2014 | 1197 users online

Lip Treatments - Burt's Bees - Tinted Lip Balm - Hibiscus

rated 3 of 5 on 11/11/2012 3:41:00 AM More reviews by Ceesaroni

I think this lip balm has a pretty smooth texture to it which is nice. The whole tinted thing should be taken VERY lightly because this product barely does any coloring. the formula isnt very long lasting but you never know, maybe this is for you.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/14/2012 11:42:00 PM More reviews by lushorchid

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

My overall feeling on this is... meh. I paid $7 at the drugstore for this and I can't say it was worth it. I love tinted balms and buy them like crazy, this one is below average. For some reason this lip balm feels like play makeup once I ignore the unnecessarily complex packaging. The formula feels cheap, thin and doesn't moisturize at all; if anything it dried my lips a bit. Has a my little pony plastic fruit scent that might pass as passionfruit. While there is a slight corally rose tint, it's not enough that I could even overlook it's meh factor and love it just for color. There are far better tinted lipbalms out there, I'll be returning this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2012 10:09:00 AM More reviews by polishproblem

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this lip balm so much! This is my every-day lip color. It feels nice on the lips, and gives them just a subtle boost of color that doesn't clash with my "natural, but pulled together" every day look.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/7/2012 7:31:00 PM More reviews by closetrebels

I love this! I suffer from dry lips and CLS (corpse lips syndrome) so I like something that is hydrating while giving a boost of colour. I have to say though, this isn't super moisturising, as in if I put it on at night by the morning my lips will still be dry. however, whilst I am wearing it my lips feel extremely soft. That may sound like it doesn't make sense, but I've never had a great relationship with my lips. Anyway, great soft colour and texture, I want to try red dahlia next.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/2/2012 12:55:00 AM More reviews by cindahBEAR

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've been using Burt's Bees regular beeswax lip balm for years... so I decided to give this tinted lip balm a try.
It does have good pigment... it's sheer, but noticable. And it has a nice shiney finish, not shimmery - which is good.
I will agree with the other reviews though that it does cling to and accentuate chapped areas... so that's a big downer. =/
It's a bit pricey for a tinted lip balm, too... so that along with the fact that it accentuates chapped areas leads me to say I won't buy it again. But it might work well for someone who doesn't have dry or flaky lips.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/14/2012 12:26:00 PM More reviews by songtothesiren

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Hibiscus is a warm rose colour. It can look a bit dark if you apply more than 1 layer, but it is a medium-dark shade in general. It looks natural, again, if I apply one coat, but several coats gives the appearance of lipstick - and it is pigmented. The balm gives a bit of a sheen, but it's not glossy. I also find it to be very hydrating - almost more hydrating than Burt's Bees regular lip balms! But maybe that's just me. The pigment does create a bit of a drying effect (especially if you have imperfections on lips), but I guess that goes with out saying.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/7/2012 5:14:00 AM More reviews by morninglorya

Liked the packaging, very nice color. However, it was very pigmented for my taste and occasionally ended up looking unnatural. It also clings to chapped lips which can look... really gross haha. Great color though, just be careful with application.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2012 2:17:00 PM More reviews by ellelabelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this lipbalm! My favorite of the many I've tried over the years. The hibiscus color is so pretty, looks great with my skin tone and gives me color without looking unnatural. It was a little pricey, but I use it every day so it was worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2012 12:06:00 PM More reviews by aidan83

wow, works better than Revlon lip butter due to little shininess.

great product gives you baby lips

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/22/2012 12:16:00 PM More reviews by frckls

To start off, I'm about medium-yellow in shade and have crappy pigmented lips. They tend to look pinkish fresh out of the shower, juicy red if I just finish eating, and very unflattering-dead looking mauve when I'm tired. Bah.

This baby gives me a pair of juicy pinkish-peach lips. Being so pigmented, ANY lippies that claim themselves being peach, looks very unflatteringly ugly pink on me. Burt's Bees claims this to be pink, but it looks like the perfect peach on my lips. And although, it's "only" a tinted lip balm, it is pretty pigmented on me.

Very, VERY few lip products can do that. And funnily enough, they mostly fall under the drugstore/indie/cheapie categories. Silk Naturals, Sleek, Yves-Rocher and Guerlain are a few that succeed. Boy, did I have explored all the top department store brands, looking for the perfect peach lippie, TO NO AVAIL.

This tinted lip balm stayed on my lips for a good 2 hours or 3. A good meal would erase it all. But, however faded the sheen is, it leaves a faint tint on my lips. It is sheer alright, but with an ample pigmentation, making my lips look naturally peachy and juicy.

However, I gotta attest to it tends to cling on dry chaps and doesn't fix that really well. For some reason, the other shades, Pink Blossom and Rose doesn't have this problem at all and moisturizes my lips beautifully.

I thought I got a bad batch, so I got another one. My sister also got one and I tried hers as well. They all felt the same as the first tube I owned.

The packaging is a brown boring plastic tube. But to be honest, I like it that I can just slip it into my pocket. I prefer this more than a fancy looking Chanel Rouge Coco Shine or Nars Sheer Lipstick that is not pocket friendly, costs about 3x (or more) as much, and lasts about the same on the lips.
Plus, this is much more natural (ingredients-wise) and cruelty-free.

Definitely repurchase. I'm curious of Tiger Lily and Rose. :)