July 25, 2014 | 1073 users online

Lip Gloss - Cover Girl - Lipslicks - Edgy

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/7/2005 1:29:00 AM More reviews by AprilH

As others have said, this looks scary in the tube, it looks dark purple and like something you might wear for a "goth" look. However it goes on quite sheer and on the lips it's a sheer grape. To me it looks like the color of grape jelly. I would respectfully disagree with the reviewer who called this a lookalike for Stila Natalie and the discontinued Club Monaco Glaze. I've worn Natalie for years and it is a lot pinker and less purply than Edgy. I don't think they look similar at all. Just my humble opinion there. The one negative is how fat the stick of gloss is. For those of us not blessed with Angelina Jolie lips, applying this can be rather tricky. Also it would be a great bonus if they added sunscreen to these.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2004 1:33:00 AM More reviews by skandelouslala

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Other

Couldn't get Edgy to work for me..despite being sheer, it was still just an odd shade overall.

I purchased this b/c we know that sometimes those strange looking colors can go on sheer berry YLBB shades..I thought that this would totally be that. Unfortuantly not. On some parts of my lips it did..and others it settled as the blackened purple it is in the tube. Totally not hot.

I love my Lipslicks but this shade was a huge mistake for me. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/27/2004 12:52:00 PM More reviews by snyder

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love the CG lipslicks. When I was 6 my mom bought me and my girlfriend one and I've been hooked ever since. They are not real glossy like a lip gloss but not as pigmented as a lipstick. I'd say they are more like a tinted lipbalm and very moisturzing like one too. I have lots of colors in these, but Edgy is by far my favorite. It looks scary in the tube (very dark blackish berry) but when applied it turns into a beautiful sheer mauve. Very MLBB color. I have a couple tubes of this one, it's that awesome. I could wear this everyday for the rest of my life and be happy. Actually I could give up all my MAC, Lancome, NARS, and Lorac lippies for this. :) I do however wish CG would come out with more colors in these and some more pigmented ones too, as most of the other colors are quite sheer.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/27/2004 5:47:00 PM More reviews by myfuel

Edgy is a very pretty sheer berry-purple/plum. It looks really scary in the tube as a very dark purple, but it goes on really sheer and gives you a touch of color to your lips.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/28/2004 3:47:00 AM More reviews by BronxBaby

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Guess I'm in the minority on this one. I like LipSlicks (except for the taste)....but Edgy seriously makes me look dead. I have really fair skin and it gives my lips this odd purplish tint that corpses have. I probably just need a tan, but I'll stick with Hipster from now on. :)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2004 7:15:00 PM More reviews by chedoux

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Edgy is a sheer, pure purple shade with slight gloss. It sounds horrible, but it's actually not bad. I only give it 3 lippies because alone, it looks terrible on my honey (HHH) skin. But over pink liners it makes a great berry tone. I try to avoid layering, as I prefer low-maintenance m/u for everyday wear. But if you're looking for true purple, this is your gloss.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2004 4:13:00 PM More reviews by sienna0202

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Wow! I just happened to run into this at the drugstore and liked the color in the package so I bought it. I really like it, which surprised me because I am not a fan of Cover Girl products! Sheer color that you can put another lipgloss over or wear alone. For the price you can't go wrong.I'm going to try out a few other colors! :D

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2004 5:34:00 PM More reviews by nd1282

After reading these stellar reviews, I was disappointed in this product. My lips are naturally pigmented mauve, and all this gloss did was turn them slightly purplish. That being said, I could see it working for women with lighter lips. In all fairness, I must add that the gloss was moisturizing and lasted a decent time.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2004 4:14:00 AM More reviews by ljanik01

Lipslicks are my all-time favorite "low end" product. Edgy is a nice color, one coat gives a very subtle and natural violet-plum stain. I love the fact that you can apply it withut a mirror without worrying you'll look like a clown-it's that sheer. If you like it a bit darker you can layer it. Very versatile, and you can't go wrong with the price!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/25/2003 10:21:00 PM More reviews by mywhimsicality

a nice medium-but-sheer purple, nonsticky and light. what more can i say? extremely nice.