April 21, 2014 | 1095 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Naturals - Purifying Facial Cleanser

rated 4 of 5 on 11/24/2013 5:33:00 PM More reviews by mandy412

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like this product and I'm on my 3rd bottle. I typically buy higher end cleansers but my derm said it's just not necessary to spend tons on something that gets washed down the sink after a minute. My face doesn't feel tight and is just refereshed afterwards. I use a Clarisonic as well. For the price, you can't beat it.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/17/2013 5:55:00 AM More reviews by echarlotted

I've almost finished the bottle but I will not be buying it again. My skin normally had maybe 2 or 3 pimples on it throughout the month but with this face wash it was more like 10... I know it could be my skin purging but using it well over a month and my skin has gotten worse id say it doesn't work for me. My pore have gotten bigger, more white and black heads and dry spots. Just wish I could find something that normalize my skin without a huge price!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/28/2013 3:50:00 PM More reviews by CarrieGonzalez

There isn't anything special about this product. Looking at the ingredient list, I don't even know if it is really as natural as it claims. I would buy this again only if it has a huge discount.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/6/2013 12:53:00 PM More reviews by Vivivict

I bought this product when I forgot to bring a cleanser on vacation i New York. I chose this one because it says naturals and therefore I thought that it would be gentle to my skin. To be honest it is very gentle, but it has a very soapy feeling to it which I don't like. The cleanser didn't do much to my face and never broke me out or anything. The deal breaker for me is that the product leaves me with the feeling of still having soap on my face when I have washed it of!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/3/2013 1:56:00 PM More reviews by whereismymind59

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Im surprised at how much I like this cleanser! I usually use higher end cleansers, but I have been trying to save some money so I got this hoping it would do the job. And it really does!

I use a makeup remover to remove all my makeup first, and then I use this. It foams up nicely, and leave my skin just feeling clean...never oily, or tight, just normal. Which is great! I read the ingredients on the back, and the willow bark in it is basically salycilic acid, so this ensures you get no breakouts!

This obviously isnt a organic product, but I think what they are going for with this whole 'naturals' thing is just simplifying the ingredients. There are still preservatives, which are needed so the product doesnt expire fast, and there are synthetic ingredients. But there are less than in comparison to usual drugstore cleanser ingredients.

For the price, no drug store product will ever be able to be completely natural, or get USDA certified organic.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/26/2013 11:05:00 PM More reviews by annekaiser

I was expecting a lot more from this claiming to be "natural" product. The burning sensation I experienced during and after use hinted to me that the 10% unnaturaly derived ingredients the back doesn't list are very harsh. I used a wash rag to open my pores, washed my face, and got in the shower. Throughout my shower and around an hour after I was experiencing a burning sensation and that uncimfortable tightness which ussually leads to, you guessed it, dryness. I have normal skin that is very sensitive to the products I use and this cleanser made me incredibly dry. Not only was my face burning after my shower it was bright red. I would not recommend this product, I wish I would've read the fine print to realize this isn't 100% natural.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/26/2013 1:56:00 AM More reviews by PorpitaPorpita

I have acne-prone, combination skin - dry patches around my chin and jawline and oily cheeks and T-zone. This is the first cleanser that hasn't left my skin feeling pinched, dry, or irritated. It doesn't help with my acne. However, I don't hold that against this cleanser because all the other cleansers I've tried have dried out, irritated, and burned my skin, and none of those helped with my acne, either. If you have sensitive or dry skin that isn't acne-prone, I recommend this. It didn't dry out or irritate my skin, so it might help you, too.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/17/2013 11:57:00 PM More reviews by dash1987

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have been using this cleanser for a few months. I was attracted to the "naturals" part of the cleanser and the information Neutrogena provides on the back which tells you where they sourced the ingredients. I think thats a really positive idea that more brands should follow. I have large(r) pores and blackheads on my t-zone so I need salicylic acid in my routine. This cleanser sources its salicylic acid from willow bark which is great but they do not provide the percentage. I have found this cleanser may be a bit too strong, it makes my skin red and tight. This may be over stripping my combination skin and causing my t-zone to stay or get oiler. I also continue to get pimples along my jawline.
I have since read that using a cleanser with salicylic acid is a waste because it mostly ends up being washed off and down the drain. So my next purchase will be something gentler and my salicylic acid will come from a stay-on treatment.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2013 2:54:00 AM More reviews by daphneleigh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have found this cleanser to be fantastic. It replaced Murad's Pomegranate Cleanser. My skin does react well to salicylic acid, often breaking me out even more. The Murad cleanser got to the point where it was just -okay-, and my skin just looked dull. This has been an amazing replacement for my skin -- no reactions at all, and when I've walked in at night my partner has raised his eyebrows and told me my skin was glowing it was so bright. I have had about three very small pimples since using this for over two months, and they've gone away quite quickly. Usually I use this at night (Boscia Black Detoxifying Cleanser in the morning), sometimes in the morning as well, and I have really enjoyed using this. It leaves my skin feeling fresh, clean, and soft, and I am really happy with it. Given the price, I'd definitely say go for it!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2013 12:13:00 AM More reviews by tracy813

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this face wash. I have been looking for one that can effectively clear out my pores and this is it. It took a couple of washes for my skin to adjust because it is pretty harsh compared to my last face wash but it was SOOOO worth it. The only down side so far is how drying it is. When using this product you have to be sure to completely rinse it off and use a good moisturizer after.