Organix Renewing Moroccan Argan Penetrating Oil

4.2

Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Cyclomethicone, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Butyliphenyl Methylpropional, Argania Spinoza (Argan) Oil, Linum Usitatissimum (Linseed) Extract, Parfum, Yellow 11, Red 17

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I loved this stuff. Somehow, it lasted me 2 years! It smells so good & I love the packaging. It's more of a serum than an oil, and I liked to use it on wet hair, mostly on the ends and whatever's left on the roots to smooth the frizz (a tiny bit only). This smooths my hair, reduces frizz & makes it soft and shiny. Like any hair oil, you have to be careful not to use too much or your hair could feel sticky & weighed down. Sometimes I would use it on dry hair if I had any frizz and it worked fine. I would repurchase.

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I bought this after trying the accompanying shampoo and conditioner. I use a dime-ish sized amount every night before bed and wake up with soft and smooth hair. Before I bought this I had a hard time finding a product to put in my hair at night that would keep my sheets from sucking all of the moisture out of my hair and still not be greasy enough to give me pimples. (I know this problem could've also been solved by a satin bonnet, but I get night sweats). I don't like the smell of it on my hands so I do wash my hands after using the oil. It doesn't seem to have much of a scent on my hair and my pillows don't smell any different.

on 9/19/2013 11:12:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

OMG the smell of this is SO amazing!!!!! I love it!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Having heard all the raves about Argan oil, I was looking around for a product to try that wouldn't break the bank. I looked at similar products at a beauty supply store/salon, but all of those were priced way over the top. $14 for the cheapest one, and $30+ for others... Uhm, no. This one, available in most drug stores, wasn't the cheapest one on the shelves, but the golden hue was enticing, and the price was just right at about $8. The last time I repurchased, I took advantage of a sale at CVS and it ended up being about $6. A bottle lasts me 4-5 months or so.

Before I blow dry, I put a nickle-to-quarter size amount of this Moroccan Argan Penetrating Oil on my palms and rub them together to evenly coat my hands. (I have long hair, so if you have shorter hair, you definitely won't need that much.) Then I run my hands through the longest 1/2 of my hair with my head upside down. Then I flip my hair back up and use the remaining product on the palms of my hands to gloss over the top and back. Then I blow dry as usual. This really seems to help with fly-aways and frizz, as long as I'm careful to evenly distribute it throughout my hair. I'm not really sure how "penetrating" it is, but it works really well on the surface of my hair to make it softer, calmer, and shinier without weighing it down. The scent is subtle and pleasant, but I don't really notice that the scent lingers after my hair dries. I've also used tiny amounts of it on dry hair as a "spot" treatment for frizzy fly-aways, and it works well that way, too.

Be aware, as others have mentioned, using it on wet hair that isn't blown dry doesn't yield the same results at all. In fact, I'd avoid using it on your hair if you're just going to let it air dry. Maybe it is the heat from the dryer that allows this product to evenly coat your hair and work magic? Who knows... it does work, though!

on 8/22/2013 1:35:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This product is amazing and cruelty free! I have long wavy hair about half way down my back, and I'm trying to grow it longer. When I brush out my hair it can get quite frizzy, but as soon as I use this product it smooths the frizz and makes it feel soft and moisturized. Using this on the ends of my hair (from the neck down) has helped me minimize the amount of conditioning products that I have to use on my hair. This feels like a very natural product to use, and the bottle of it lasts a LONG time! I've been using it multiple times a day for months, and I still have a generous amount of product left. The smell is wonderful as well! Whenever I put this on my hair, people will sniff the air and ask where the good smell is coming from. I highly recommend this to anyone, especially if you have long hair that you want to keep healthy and soft.

on 8/21/2013 8:45:00 PM

Oil is ok I don't like the fact that you can tell there is product on your hair. I found that it did a lot better if I used it before blow drying. However if I used it and let my hair air dry, I didn't really like the way it sat on my hair. Didn't seem to soak in made my hair hard like I had put gel on it.

on 7/28/2013 8:54:00 PM

I used the shampoo and conditioner from this same line altogether as a system, and altogether none of them did anything but leave my already dry, frizzy hair even drier and more limp. No amount of this Penetrating Oil seemed to moisturize my hair at all, and I've used anywhere from a quarter-sized amount to literally half of the travel-size bottle for each time I applied it to my towel-dried hair, to no avail. My hair recovered its softness, volume, and shine after using Dove's Nourishing Oil Care system for about half the price.

on 7/9/2013 1:48:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Absolutely LOVE this product. Truth be told, I've loved every Organix product I've purchased (their tea tree and mint shampoo is amazing). I was hesitant at first, because for the price ($8 at my local grocery store), I thought the bottle seemed quite small. However, I've had this bottle for almost 6 months, and I'm nowhere near running out. All it takes is a dime-sized squirt, and it's more than enough to cover my long hair. This has made my dry hair SO much softer and shinier. It's even helped my desperately split ends (I know I should just cut them off, but I hate losing length). Plus it smells SO good. I generally go two days between shampoos, and this product helps keep my hair smelling and looking good before I wash it. I usually put it on right after I get out of the shower, and sometimes I put it on in the shower, right after rinsing my conditioner out. It's a great detangler, as well.

on 7/7/2013 2:43:00 AM

I like this product because it makes my hair shinier and feel smoother. I find that I have to use a clarifying shampoo after using it though because it does feel like it weighs my hair down just a bit. But I like it, it's cheap, and works well enough for me to repurchase.

on 7/5/2013 1:29:00 PM

I really like this product for the sole reason that it makes my hair so smooth and soft. I use it on towel dried hair and either leave it to air dry or blow dry it.

I initially bought this to use on my hair after I've gone swimming, cos that's when my hair gets really dry, so I didn't use it much. About half a year ago, I went crazy and dyed some parts of my hair electric blue, and this involved bleaching. As the colour faded, my bleached hair also started to feel like grass. I was desperate for anything that could do a quick fix and just grabbed for this one night after my shower. The next day, I realised that my hair was smoother, less tangled, and overall more manageable.

i really love the texture of this product. It glides on so easily and it also makes my hands soft and smooth. However, what I don't like is the packaging. It would be so much easier to use if it came in a pump bottle. It takes practice to pour out the exact amount i need for my hair. Using too much does make it look and feel like my hair never dried!

Popular Styling Products