Wet 'n' Wild Color Icon Palette - Petal Pusher 736

Price: $

Price: $

on 6/13/2013 7:25:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I was hesitant to buy this bc of the crappy reviews on here but really wanted to try it bc of the colors. Having green eyes the purple shadows really make em' pop. Anyways, the colors are really pretty but the pigmentation or lack of I should say, sucks. Even with my UD primer the color doesn't show that great. However, I did try them with one of NYX jumbo eye pencils as a base and then put the colors on...That kicked a$$! They're really pretty colors on!!!! Kinda surprised these aren't pigmented bc the WW comfort zone is super pigmented. In a way its okay they're not pigmented bc they go on light and more natural looking..

on 5/28/2013 2:18:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I've been trying this palette for about 6 months now. I immediately liked it due to the $5 price, but I have now realized that this palette is almost useless because the shadows have so little pigmentation and the fall out is pretty bad too. You will need to wear decent primer if you want even a little color payoff. Even with the black shade, you have to coat it on over and over again just to reach dark grey.

But when you realize that you get 8 pretty large pots of shadow for only 5 bucks, and that the L'Oreal, Maybelleine, and Covergirl displays right next door to Wet n Wild sell *individual* shadows for a higher price with the same low pigmentation and fall out issues, then you realize that this palette is not all that terrible

The comfort zone 8-pan is still amazing though, it's a shame WnW couldn't keep the quality up with the other color icons.

on 5/22/2013 5:17:00 AM

Some of the reviews on here are harsh... almost like your expecting wet-n-wild to be MAC or something. Honestly, these colors worked well and made my greeN eyes pop and look beautiful. I am a firm believer that you get what you pay for, but sometimes (with wet-n-wild in particular) you get lucky... you spend $5 on something that looks like a million bucks. This pallete was impressive and worked really well for me! Just remember to apply a good shadow primer (i like urban decays primer potion), and you can make most shadows (even if they arent $20 a pot) look beautiful, for the entire day, with little to no creasing! I love palletes like this because all the shades are right there, and your options are endless... you can make this work for the office, and turn that into a smokey eye- perfect for happy hour after work!

on 5/4/2013 8:39:00 PM

Such lovely collection of purples and pinks for spring and summer time :D

Price: $5 USD
Colours
Left Browbone: shimmery pinked white
Left Eyelid: shimmery pale blue-based pink
Left Crease: shimmery mid-tone violet
Left Definer: pearlescent medium blue-purple
Right Browbone: super light lilac with pink duochrome-like frost
Right Eyelid: rosy copper with golden shimmer
Right Crease: blackened burgundy-plum
Right Definer: blackened green with silvery/green sparkles
Pigmentation: light to medium
Texture: buttery and powdery
Wear time: 5-6 hours

The medium colours lack in pigm. department but if you have a thick base (NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk, Cottage Cheese or Lavender will do), the colours show up better.
For 5 bucks, you can't really complain ;)

WHOAH, JUST WHOAH. Sorry about the other reviewers, but this palette is friggen amazing on my green eyes. ALL the colours come out soft and creamy on me, and highly pigmented, and actually last all day without creasing. If this was in a fancy packaging and sold at a department store, it could easily go for $50 with good marketing. I usually use only high end makeup, but theres no way i'm buying a high end palette or shelling out money when I can get something like THIS. It cost me $5 altogether with tax. DAMN GOOD BUY

on 4/30/2013 2:19:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have all three palettes and this one is my favorite. I use this palette a lot when I'm going out at night. I follow tutorials on youtube as well as create my own looks. With primer, my eyes look as fabulous in the early morning hours then they did right after application. You can make a subtle lavendar day look and a vamp night look. The quality is typical of WnW, which in my opinion is the best of drugstore e/s. Good pigmentation, blendable, and while not quite as buttery as HE e/s they are not too dry or powdery either. If you like DS makeup and you like purple this is a no-brainer and will be a great addition to your collection.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I bought all three of the pallets in this collection. This one just didn't do it for me. Most of the lighter colors were chalky and hard to blend. The darker colors are heavily pigmented but cause a ton of all out. I think they should reformulate some of the eye shadows in this pallet to make it better. I would not repurchase this one.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This palette is not one that I reach for a lot, just because a lot of the colours are very dark and pigmented and being my age, my parents don't let me wear dark shadows.(you can understand that,right?) Like I said before,the colours are very richly pigmented except, sadly, the lavender colour on the left side! One of the best colours but I definitely need a primer AND and white base. It's a bit of a hassle but it's worth it given the colour you get in the end. GORGEOUS!! And that lavender-gold shade on the right side? Strange and beautiful at the same time!! Overall, a very good palette! If they were being discontinued (hopefully never) I WOULD DEFINITELY STOCK UP!!

on 3/13/2013 6:09:00 AM

Wow have I been cheated! I live somewhere where I don't have much access to a lot of makeup brands, so when I want to buy something I have to order it online, so I pay a LOT for something like this. This palette set me back about $17 which is quite a lot for something that originally cost $5. Anyway I didn't mind the cost, as I know how costly international shipping is, and I ordered it anyway. What a HUGE waste of money! This palette is absolute crap. I hate the pigmentation of the colors, I don't like the intensity of the shades, and not to mention the colossal amount of fall out. This palette was such a disappointment because I was so looking forward to try the wnw palettes and also because I loved the plum-ish colors. Too bad it's of such bad quality or else it would've been such a nice add to my collection!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Wet N Wild has some of the best eyeshadows I have ever tried. This palette is no exception. I own the other to Color Icon Palette's even though this is the one I have always wanted the most, but for some reason I never picked it up or it was always sold out. I have brown/hazel eyes (more on the hazel side but they are small so they look darker to 98% of people) and purples/lilacs really look great on darker eyes. My favorite shade to use is the "highlight" shade on the right side. It is absolutely the most gorgeous pink/lilac shimmery color I have ever seen! Not only that but it is SUPER pigmented and goes on like butter. I paired it with Maybelline's 24 Hour Color Tattoo in "Inked in Pink" and I wore Urban Decay's "Fishnet" all over the lid which is beautiful...pop this on the inner corner and voila! the most gorgeous perfect look. All of the other colors are pigmented and unique and they all blend quite well. The more matte colors are definitely a bit more "chalky" but if you use a primer underneath it completely solves the problem. For4.99$ at Wal Mart this palette is such a good deal. Even if you only like 1 or 2 of the colors, it is well worth the price.