December 22, 2014 | 1713 users online

Lip Treatments - Burt's Bees - Tinted Lip Balm

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2013 11:39:00 PM More reviews by adara260

Bought this product because I wanted something tinted and moisturizing but didn't want to spend the money on something more expensive. Fell in love with the color name, sweet violet.

Pros:The product is moisturizing. The color tint is substantial. Its not as opaque as a lipstick but definitely not sheer like a lip gloss, leaning more on the opaque side.

Cons: My only qualms about this product was that the packaging sucks. One- why does it come in such a huge cardboard exterior cover? Two- the stage (up and down mechanism) is broken already and I've had it for about two months without daily use. I can still use it OK but that's just annoying.

Overall: I would buy this product again but I would wait until there is a sale or a coupon.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2013 3:07:00 PM More reviews by astrick

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I absolutely LOVE this lip balm. As I get older, I find that I don't like using traditional lipstick. It's too drying and emphasizes fine lines around the mouth. I love the feel of gloss, but many of them are too sheer and hubby won't kiss me when I wear shiny lip gloss.

This lip balm gives just the right amount of color and moisturizes lips without being too slick. The Hibiscus color is very flattering and has become my everyday go to lipstick.

I will say... my skin is pale to medium and I use the Hibiscus color. The Dalhia Red was too dark for me.

I'm rating the price as 1 lippie - although it's more expensive than other lip balms on the market (about $6) , it's less expensive than lipstick and I get two uses in one product.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2013 2:49:00 AM More reviews by delias29

Pros: lovely texture, lovely hint of colour. Natural looking, great hydration (love it even when I'm holidaying in dry climates). A stick lasts a long time.

Cons: wish the colour lasted longer on the lips. Kinda wish the colours were exactly like the packaging. Wish there was an SPF

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2013 5:23:00 AM More reviews by blondebum

Having already loved the original Burt's Bees lip balm i decided to try the tinted collection and see what all the hype was about. I bought the color 'Tiger Lily' which is a nude color that i can wear day and night and makes my lips appear fuller. It moisturizes and conditions my chapped lips while also providing an even coverage. So happy to have bought this!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2013 12:47:00 AM More reviews by zcoop

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I tried a few of the tinted lip balms out when they were first released and I liked the colors and the great combo of shine/matte and the near-perfect amount of tint. In the past year I've gone searching for better and different alternatives and decided to try as many different types and brands of chubby lip colors as I could find.

Surprisingly, none of the chubby lipsticks are really as easy, inexpensive and well-pigmented (without a blinding amount of shine after the necessary amount of coverage) as the Burt's Bees lip balms!

The pros of this product are the new colors like Sweet Violet and the still-great colors like Rose and Red Dahlia; somehow they all work with my super-fair skin and are just simply more attractive on than similarly-shaded lipsticks and chubby sticks. I like the simple cardboard packaging and the chapstick-style tubes. They offer a tasteless, odorless moisturizer for the lips that is simple to reapply without a mirror. They do need to be reapplied fairly often but some of the color stays behind after the moisture is gone but fades easily without any cleaners.

One con is in Burt's Bees' refusal to put a strip or dot of color on the plastic shell; it's a pain to have to read the tiny letters against the dark brown plastic, and from a few inches away it's impossible to tell what color/s you're grabbing.

The only other cons are just that this product is so almost-perfect and could easily get there, but I'm not sure if the company plans to give them a little more pigment (thus making them an obvious and real competitor for any truly popular stains and lip colors out there right now) and perhaps change the packaging to something a little more cosmetic-y.

I've tried the newer Burt's Bees lip products and they all have so much shine, so I'm really hoping they keep this one around and don't blend it into so many of their previous and newer lip shines.

I highly recommend giving these a try with and without makeup; they are great either way and the colors are unique. They are truly working with some gorgeous and extremely natural looking colors that no other company is using. They are relatively inexpensive (though small), and you just really can't go wrong--though I'm not a huge fan of the super-light/neutral shades simply because it's just like putting a clear glossy chap stick on, more or less. But anything from Pink Blossom on is just lovely and suited to any look.

After "kissing" a lot of well-reviewed and expensive lip-product "frogs," the tinted lip balm is definitely the unsung "prince"!

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 4/10/2013 1:13:00 AM More reviews by berrycurious

Within 5-10 minutes, the color (I got hibiscus) is faded and my lips feel slightly drier than they were before applying this (though they look and feel lovely when I do put it on). After about an hour, my lips are so dry they flake up a bit--I constantly have to fix my lips by peeling off the dried skin or they look awful. Ugh. the pomegranate lip balm is def. better.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2013 12:32:00 AM More reviews by bnanaphone246

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

We won't talk about how many of these I own. The rose shade was on clearance at target and I thought they were discontinuing it so I stocked up. Totally worth it. I like them better than their clear lip balms, plus the colors look great. They are one of the few lip balms I own that consistently make my lips feel better when I use them. They glide on sooo smoothly. I love them. They're a little pricey, but compared to a drugstore lipstick they're really quite affordable, considering you can kill 2 birds with one stone and just use this instead of lipstick and Chapstick. Plus compared to fresh sugar lip treatment theyre a total steal. I prefer the texture of these, its less waxy, and theres more color pigment. the cardboard tube they come in is stupid, but so are boxes and blister packs. At least the weird little cardboard tube is recyclable. Overall an excellent product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2013 7:50:00 AM More reviews by Sjess

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I have these in 3 colours: Rose, Hibiscus and Tiger Lily. The Rose is by far my favorite, it is a true MLBB. Hibiscus I bought when the Rose one was sold out but is just a tad too light for me, I only use this in winter. The Tiger Lily one is a nice warm orangey-brown-pink, wearable the whole year. Texture is lovely and soft, my lips are nice and moisturized. Only con is that they don't contain any SPF which I think is a must these days.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2013 8:03:00 AM More reviews by bloou

i think this is an awesome product! it moisturizes while giving a hint of color. people who expect this to have the pigmentation similar to the lip shimmers would be disappointed, but the lip balm aspect of this product is amazing! if people want more color, then definitely go for the lip shimmers. but if people are fine with a hint of color, this will deliver. first of, the formula is so smooth. if burt's bees had a colorless balm in this formula, i would definitely be buying. second, it moisturizes my lips with no waxy texture. third, i love the scent which i couldn't describe. i am a huge fan of BB lip products in general- i love the lip balms and lip shimmers- and this made me love BB lip products even more. the only thing that held me back for a while in purchasing is the price. it is kinda expensive. hopefully, they would come out with special offers.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/11/2013 9:51:00 PM More reviews by NotRichEnough

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Not only does this lip balm have NO staying power, after a week or so of daily use it actually made my lips dry and painful, which they have never been before. Guess it's back to the Bonne Bell Lipsmackers