November 26, 2014 | 1720 users online

Hair Treatments - Moroccanoil - Light

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2012 10:53:00 PM More reviews by sheilsthedeal

This is the single product I would choose to have with me if I was deserted on a island. One use, and my hair feels incredibly healthy and strong. The long term results are nothing short of a miracle for my hair, which tends to grow brittle and dry once it reaches a certain length. With Moroccanoil light, my hair looks healthy; despite the fact that it is longer than it has ever been, and that it has been bleached. I used the original Moroccanoil for a few months before dying my hair blond. I noticed the original added brassiness to my lighter hair. I'm so glad that I've found Moroccanoil Light - it adds all the shine and strength without the brassiness! I LOVE Moroccanoil.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2012 3:21:00 PM More reviews by ProductJunkey

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Love this product. I've tried the Sally's version One 'N Only- while that is good, it does not compare to this- it hydrates and makes your hair silky, but does not leave an oily feeling or weigh hair down. Hair seems to just drink this in, while others I have tried just seem to lay on top. If Sally's comes up with a lite version of the One 'N Only I will buy that one, only because this is very expensive.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2012 12:03:00 AM More reviews by minicooper93402

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

this is for moroccan oil (not light) ... i'd been using sally beauty's one 'n only oil ... my daughter (the hairdresser) told me i'd love love love moroccan oil and it was worth the extra money. she's right. i have silver hair, untreated. the oil makes my hair feel silky smooth and soft and i can wear it naturally wavy and curly. love the smell.

the only negative ... i ordered the bottle with the pump. the pump gives twice as much as i need, no matter how i've tried to pump lightly :-) so i put the pump back in the box and will use the cap instead so i can get a smaller amount.

4 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2012 10:20:00 PM More reviews by Twiggy12345

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I keep this review short and sweet. When I use this product on my wet hair it causes it to become full of static. HOWEVER - when I use it on dry hair as a heat protectant for when I flat iron or curl, NOTHING protects my hair better, my ends look fantastic, and my hair is shiny and smooth. For reference my hair is dark brown, mid-way down my back, highlighted, fine and dry. hth someone. On a side note , I wish they would ditch the glass bottle, i'm so paranoid of dropping this on my bathroom floor.. :) I will re-purchase.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 5/3/2012 8:25:00 PM More reviews by satin3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Not worth it. I had to switch to the Light after finding out that Moroccan Oil causes brassiness in blonde hair. The Light is nothing like the regular product - I was having to use twice the amount and still not getting the same results. Not worth the price when it's $40 a bottle and you're going through one bottle a month!

Due to this issue I'm off the Moroccan Oil boat and using Redken's Argan oil. It's much better.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2012 7:27:00 PM More reviews by fuzzysham

I bought this for my mother for easter and she has been using it pretty much daily since. I got hooked on the regular version of the moroccanoil treatment for my hair but since her hair is a light brown/dark blonde and alot more fine than mine, I purchased the light version for her. There was an instant difference to her hair, it was breaking a bit and dry and thin but since using it it is soft, shiny, and honestly that makes it look not as thin anymore! My father also noticed a difference right away and he is usually very oblivious ( my boyfriend also noticed a difference in my hair when I started using the original version, which was also shocking since he is oblivious to his surroundings as well). I think $16 for the small bottle of the oil treatment is a very fair price seeing as you only need a teeny teeny bit.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2012 4:16:00 AM More reviews by lschwartz1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this stuff! My hair is fine and I don't colour it. I haven't tried the original moroccan oil, just the light version. I cannot believe I didn't try it sooner. My hair has never looked so good! It is soft and shiny and looks much neater and well groomed. Brilliant! I am going to try the whole range.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2012 2:49:00 PM More reviews by smoozie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I can't say enough good things about this product! I have very fine, chemically treated hair. I purchased this a few weeks ago for $40.00 ($CAD) and it's made a huge difference in the look and texture of my hair. I was worried that it would be too heavy but it's not (in fact, it gives me more body!). My hair feels like silk- so soft and shiny. I use a small pump every time I wash my hair (working from root to end) and I don't use any other styling product with it. I am also sensitive to fragrance but this smell doesn't bother me at all (there is a smell, but it's not too strong). I'm a tad concerned that i'm breaking out because of it though....I've been noticing that since I started using it, i'm getting more breakouts...I really hope that it's not because I really don't want to stop using it.

PROS-
1) soft, silky hair
2) body and bounce
3) doesn't weigh hair down

CONS-
1) a bit pricey but worth it
2) pump locks frequently (annoying)..hard to get a small amount of product out because of this
3) smell (light smell - may bother some people if very sensitive to fragrance

I think it's definitely worth a try! I can't wait to bring some with me on my vacation to Mexico - my hair will need it!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/27/2012 12:12:00 PM More reviews by Dowagr

I like how this product makes my dry and frizzy hair smooth and under control. My ends tend to be super dry/rough and it tangles really easily. 2 pumps of this oil easily fixed the problem, leaving the ends shiny and tame. You know, tame like those shampoo commercial girls' hair. Tame hair that falls around your neck like chiffon.

I don't know why everyone like the smell of it, I personally found it really cloying and heavy and would prefer a lighter scent. Even after using a few days in a row and I've gotten used to the scent.. but I still wouldn't call it my favorite smell.

My bottle came with a pump, though I'm still wondering how I'm going travel safely with it. If only the bottle is not glass and the pump came with a cap. I never liked pump bottles when travelling.

Lastly, I made the mistake of forgetting to wash my hands after applying this onto my hair. I went straight into my morning routine of moisturiser/sunblock/tinted moisturiser, and I noticed bumps on my forehead, chin and cheeks. I suspect it was the moroccanoil reacting badly with my skin. So please remember to wash your hands after applying the oil.

I bought my Moroccanoil Light Oil treatment from ebay. US$39.99, 100ml bottle.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/6/2011 12:27:00 PM More reviews by HotPink1000

This product definitely worked on my fine/damaged hair. I've been using it for months and it looks and feels much better. I'm just not going to buy it again when it runs out because I got a sample of Oroflu Do in my Birchbox and it works as well but smells better.