Too Faced Amazing Face Oil Free Close-Up Coverage

3.9

Water/Aqua/Eau, Cyclopentasiloxane, Butylene Glycol, Lauryl PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, HDI/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Hexyl Laurate, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Squalane, Propylene Carbonate, Phytantriol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tocopherol, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Oleanolic Acid, Enantia Chlorantha Bark Extract, Panax Ginseng Root Extract, Portulaca Oleracea Extract, Centella Asiatica Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Nylon-12 Fluorescent Brightener 230 Salt, Polyvinylalcohol Crosspolymer, Polysilicone-11, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Sodium Chondroitin Sulfate, Atelocollagen, Aminobutyric Acid, Barium Sulfate, Sodium Chloride, Magnesium Chloride, Potassium Chloride, Zinc Chloride, Lysine, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Sodium Benzoate, Mica. May Contain/Peut Contenir/( /-): Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499).

on 8/21/2012 11:13:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I have been using this for a week and I absolutely adore it! I think I have found the perfect foundation. I must say i have been using this with the primed and poreless pure primer, so I dont know if this works as well on its own.
My shade is warm honey (I'm NC40) and it matches me perfectly (cocoa something waas too dark for me) it is a yellow foundation. It is very liquidy, not heavy at all, very easy to blend . It gives a natural finish, and I think is medium coverage...so i just apply a bit more where I need and I'm ready to go, even if I dont apply concealer. I think this gives the more "real skin" look, you don't look as if ypou were wearing makeup.
My face is pretty oily and this keeps me with a fresh look, not comp,letely matte but not greasy, ad I almost don't have to blot my face, 2 times a day at the most.
Packaging is sooo cute! it looks very pretty, and although it doesnt have a pump, it is very easy to pour makeup in your fingers without wasting product.
This foundation has hands down the BEST staying power I've ever tried! (maybe because of the primer) i apply this at 6 30 am and at 22:00 I still have my makeup on. It doesnt transfer. Although it fades a little, it stays on veery decently! i dont need to touch up with powder.
Also it didn't broke me up (the only brand that makes me break out like crazy is Loreal).
I really recommend this foundation, and if you can afford the combo primed and poreless+ foundation you will loooooove this!
It is kind of priey, but based on the results I got I will rebuy this maaaaany times!!!

on 7/16/2012 5:39:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I was looking for a replacement for Nars Sheer Glow and probably would have never considered trying except that Paula Begoun made this a Paula's Pick. I don't always agree with her make-up tips but I've liked a lot of her favorites.

I've away consided Too Faced to be a kind of "cute" brand for teenagers, which isn't really fair since I love Urban Decay, but it seems like they have been evaluating their image in the last few years to be more sophisticated. (I will definitely be trying Naked Skin when I'm done with this foundation, unless it has ingredients I don't agree with)

Anyway, this is a nice, light sheer coverage foundation, that blends easily (it work perfectly with a Beauty Blender) and dries to a very natural finish. The color I matched myself closest to is Warm Vanilla which is a very good match once its blended in. Does not seem to oxidize at all on me, in fact it looks a tiny bit orange when i first put it on but lightens up after it dries. For reference, I am Nirvana in Urban Decay Sureal Skin Cream to Powder, Petal in Benefit Hello Wow Liquid, Barely Light in Bare Escentials and Ceylan in Nars Sheer Glow.

The bottle is cute, though it doesn't have a pump but I deal.

Also a word of warning. On me, it does not work with the Too Faced Primed and Poreless Pure Primer, When I use it with that it starts to break up after a couple of hours and look obvious. However it works with the Boots no7 Protect and Perfect Intense Serum beautifully.

Update 12/22/13: This is still a favorite of mine and my go to foundation when my skin is extra dry and peeling in the winter and on great for those days when I want light coverage in the summer. I'm getting worried because Sephora no longer carries it. Ulta still does but its at the very bottom of the shelf and they seem to be pushing the BB creams more. I really hope they don't discontinue this because its the perfect light to medium coverage foundation for me.

on 4/27/2012 11:11:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

It looks like this is not for everyone, but it's great for me. It matches my skin perfectly & doesn't fade through the day. It contains vitamins A, E & C and after using it for almost a year, my skin has improved. The coverage is buildable & looks flawless. A bottle lasts me 6-7 months and I use it daily. My only complaints are that it doesn't contain sunscreen and I wish it was a pump bottle.

on 4/24/2012 9:27:00 PM

this foundation is a great pick for someone who is looking for a light, natural coverage. if you are experiencing a bad breakout or have a lot of scarring/uneven skin tone i would either choose a more full coverage or invest in some awesome concealer to team up with this. i never look cakey, it is oil free and it hasn't caused any breakouts in the three months i have used it.

on 4/21/2012 3:23:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I really like this foundation for the light natural finish it gives while providing (buildable) medium coverage. It blends easily and disappears into my skin leaving an even, polished finish. I don't mind that it has no spf in it because I always use a separate sunscreen. It does have a chemical smell when you first apply it but that fades after a while. The bottle looks cute but I would have prefered a pump version so I can control how much to dispense (and it's more hygienic).

Pros
-Fragrance-free
-No SPF
-Cute bottle

Cons
-Cakey and orange
-Drying
-Hard to remove
-There's no pump and it's runny, so it's really drippy
-No coverage, does not even skin tone
-The finish is like someone with very oily skin applied a chalky, matte foundation. Patchy and unnatural.

on 3/4/2012 5:37:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I tested this yesterday and the lightest color was too yellow on my NC 15 skin. Too bad because the coverage is great. The packaging is poor, I think, for this price range. I ended up buying Stila Illuminating Liquid in 20 Watts and it's the best color match I ever had plus also great coverage.

on 2/27/2012 1:58:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Wow wow wow! I love this foundation for the flawless look it gives my skin. I think this is my HG for foundation. It effortlessly glides onto my skin and blends well! The color match is what i was sold on. I never heard too much about this line but i grew tired of my coveted Nars sheer matte & Giorgio armani because I would come up in pictures not looking as good as I thought. I was running out of my Nars and was on a foundation frenzy. The only thing I don't like is the packaging bc it's more hygienic to have a pump. But whatever, with the way my face looks I can deal with it

on 2/25/2012 4:58:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

There was somewhat of a tie between warm vanilla and perfect nude. Warm vanilla was slightly pinky and perfect nude had a touch more yellow comparitavely. The Perfect Nude blended perfectly into my skin color and didn't leave any dark areas around the jaw line. I think I found my perfect match. The consistency is light and thin. It blends well. I had been using Mac's liquid foundation in NW15 and kept breaking out around my nose, so I am trying Too Faced instead. I like the claims of helping out with lines and the fact that it has vitamins. I still am not sure if it's actually "good" for your skin, but time will tell. I'll update if I have any issues develop. This product is $36 at Ulta.

on 1/31/2012 10:22:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Very nice natural looking foundation .... I dont feel like i have make up on when i wear this but u def need a concealer with it for skin problems .... I think it will work best for people with good skin that doesnt need alot coverage