The Body Shop Lip Care Stick - Cocoa Butter

4.3

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Hydrogenated Coconut Oil, Beeswax, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Butter, Flavor, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Propylene Glycol, Water, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Extract, Ammonium Glycyrrhizate, Calendula Officinalis Extract, Tocopherol.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I don't like this lip balm, it doesn't seem to help my dry lips. I also don't like the way it looks, if you put too much on you get a white film over your lips and it is quite shiny which I hate in a lip balm. I'm not surprised I don't like it, I've never liked any of the body shop lip balms and its pretty expensive.

Finally found my HG lipbalm!
PROS:
- smell nice
- makes my lips soo smooth
- if applied at night, next morning you'll have lipstick ready lips
- for me, applying this 2 times a day is enough

CONS:
- pretty expensive (but worth the money)
- leavea white residue (but hey, i don't mind)

Definitely will buy this again

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I got this in a little Xmas gift set that my son got me several years ago and it is still going strong (I keep it in my bedside table and only use it at night). It's a pleasant product that really does help keep my lips soft and smooth. Pleasant, very light scent/taste of cocoa butter. And this stuff is also quite effective used on your cuticles overnight (really - I've done it when I've been too lazy to get up to look for a cuticle or hand cream). Nothing fancy in this lip balm, but it is really nice.

This stuff, hands down, is the most amazing lip balm I've ever come across! It smells absolutely decadent and moisturizes my lips like a dream! I have used this on and off, since I own too many lip balms to stick with one.. But this holds a special place in my heart for being a no-nonsense no-fuss lip treatment which actually works!! And the chocolate scent makes it all the more wonderful since I'm an absolute chocoholic! This is definitely a winner from TBS! :)

okay..i have definitely found my HG lip balm and i am so happy that finally my search for a great lip balm has come to an end. This lip balm moisturises my lips adequately and gives a little shine to the lips. Im not very fond of the smell but that can be ignored and dealt with only because the product is awesome. I think this lip balm is going to last really long as my lips hardly peel or crack any more and the moisturizing effect lasts a really long time!!! thanks body shop for this awesome product!!!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

I have been using this lip balm for a week and I really like it a lot! Could possibly be my HG lip balm!

It does not melt in the hot tropical weather (a major plus) and it only takes two to three thin layers to moisturise my lips for the entire night. The next morning, I just have to rub my lips a little and the dead skin would slough off! My lips would look moisturised, fresh and feel soft to the touch--just healthy!

I got this for SGD$9.90 but this product is really becoming a fast favourite of mine. I will definitely continue to repurchase this! I can even see myself using this when I enter university. It never looks greasy, never feels greasy but yet sufficiently hydrating.

A winner!

My lips are really dry and chipped, not surprising seeing as I live in a desert climate and the temp here reaches as high as 50c in the summer and a lowest of 15c mid-winter =/

anyway I've tried alot of products from the over the counter cheap ones to high branded lip balms in fancy packaging... and nothing still have those dry unattractive lips!!!

anyway I saw this one in the store two months back and added it to my purchases. I've really found my HG!!! seriously it really works wither you want it for prevention or treatment of already chipped lips, goes on smoothly and the packaging is a simple stick which I prefer to the more fancy potted lip balms.

it's costs around $8 over here which is kindda much for a lip balm but since it actually works I have no complains and will continue buying it :)

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This has been my go to lip product for 4 years now. I love it and use this everyday!
Pros
prevents chapped lips or heals them if you already have them
nice smell and taste, think white chocolate
basic packaging
imo this should work for anyone

Cons
none, unless you don't like the smell of white chocolate

Both the best and worst chapstick I've ever used. I have giant lips and live in the Great White North so there's never been a winter my lips haven't been chapped to the point of bleeding. Ever since using this stuff, my lips haven't even gotten dry, let alone chapped. (That's not true, actually; last week I ran out and started using something else, and my lips were a little dry for a few days until I dug some more out of the tube to tide me over.) This chapstick works miracles.

The caveat is in the packaging. I still have plenty left in my tube, but I can't get at it because the product is too soft. It should really be packaged in a tub. Every single time I use this stuff, I try to retract the stick back into the tube and it won't go back in, so I have to mush it back with my fingers. It is a huge pain, and it would be a dealbreaker if it wasn't the only thing that keeps my lips from peeling.

I'm considering buying another tube, melting it under a lamp and scooping it into a tub so I don't have to put up with the packaging. That shows just how much I love it, and also how much I dislike that awful packaging.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

I really like this. I bought it based on the reviews on MUA and I'm glad I did. I go between this one, Burts Bees, and Alba coconut. I think overall for the price, the Alba one works just as good as the body shop, but this cocoa butter stick has a nicer consitency and goes on a bit smoother. Overall I am happy and would recommend.

Popular Lip Treatments