April 20, 2014 | 1617 users online

Lip Treatments - The Body Shop - Lip Care Stick - Cocoa Butter

rated 4 of 5 on 2/13/2012 1:35:00 AM More reviews by tauceti

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Both the best and worst chapstick I've ever used. I have giant lips and live in the Great White North so there's never been a winter my lips haven't been chapped to the point of bleeding. Ever since using this stuff, my lips haven't even gotten dry, let alone chapped. (That's not true, actually; last week I ran out and started using something else, and my lips were a little dry for a few days until I dug some more out of the tube to tide me over.) This chapstick works miracles.

The caveat is in the packaging. I still have plenty left in my tube, but I can't get at it because the product is too soft. It should really be packaged in a tub. Every single time I use this stuff, I try to retract the stick back into the tube and it won't go back in, so I have to mush it back with my fingers. It is a huge pain, and it would be a dealbreaker if it wasn't the only thing that keeps my lips from peeling.

I'm considering buying another tube, melting it under a lamp and scooping it into a tub so I don't have to put up with the packaging. That shows just how much I love it, and also how much I dislike that awful packaging.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2012 8:15:00 PM More reviews by Bellona

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really like this. I bought it based on the reviews on MUA and I'm glad I did. I go between this one, Burts Bees, and Alba coconut. I think overall for the price, the Alba one works just as good as the body shop, but this cocoa butter stick has a nicer consitency and goes on a bit smoother. Overall I am happy and would recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/24/2011 2:03:00 AM More reviews by tadukhipa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

my lips are pretty crappy as they are but now that it's winter and the wind is merciless. my lips looked so bad that people would ask me if i have some sort of mouth disease T_T
well that all stopped to days ago when i bought this. i mean WOW. after 30 min my lips looked so much better. and by the second day they were perfect. i love this. i'm not totally crazy about the smell but i don't dislike it and the best part of all is that I DON'T FEEL SICK to my stomach like i do with everything else i've tried for chapped lips.
gotta say it was worth the $8 (korean price).

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2011 6:15:00 AM More reviews by alleycats3003

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

One of the best lip treatments I've tried. The smell can be slightly overpowering and offputting but it disappears after a few minutes. I only have to apply it once in the morning, in the middle of the day and at night before bed. My lips are so soft and smooth. No cracks, no peeling. It leaves a slightly greasy residue that makes lip gloss slide off extra fast, but since I rarely wear lip colour out, it's not a major concern for me. I like how simple the packaging is, and major props to The Body Shop for making this in stick form instead of a messy tube I have to stick my fingers in. I've already gone through 3 sticks of this, and I've just run out of my third one, so I'm waiting for a sale at The Body Shop to repurchase a new stick.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2011 1:32:00 PM More reviews by tituch123

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

On the expensive side for s chap stick, but well worth every penny! I have tried them all and this one is so far the best one!!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2011 5:02:00 PM More reviews by babybun

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Very moisturizing and long lasting. Nothing comes close!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/6/2011 4:21:00 PM More reviews by Nitala

Very good moisturizer and not sticky. Much better than the lip butters! It's a bit on the expensive side though, which is why it gets 4/5.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2011 7:22:00 PM More reviews by PattyLovesMakeup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Hazel

I actually use this for my cuticles and so far I am loving how it's helping my hangnails and cuticles.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/28/2011 12:56:00 PM More reviews by acnebabe

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i LOVE this lip balm. there's nothing bad i can say about this product. moisturizes your lips VERY well. it doesn't feel heavy, when i put it on, i can't even feel it. you can put on as much as you like without your lips looking too oily, and you don't even need too much or to reapply often. the smell is gorgeous, like milky chocolate, didn't like it at first but it grows on you. you'll get super soft lips. highly recommended.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2011 2:28:00 AM More reviews by JasmineLynette

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i left my chapstick at home when i was on my way to work ran over to the bodyshop and picked this up not really knowing what to expect, my lips were so soft and it smells just like coconut! i really only needed to apply it much only applied again cuz i got bored lol

loove this stuff