Maybelline Baby Lips Lip Balm

3.6

Polybutene, Octyldodecanol, Isopropyl Myristate, Petrolatum, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Polyethylene, Ozokerite, Ethylhexyl Salicylate, Butyrospermum Parkii Butter / Shea Butter, Diisostearyl Malate, Candelilla Cera / Candelilla Wax / Cire De Candelilla, Vp/Hexadecene Copolymer, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Parfum / Fragrance, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Tocopherol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Alumina, Aroma / Flavor, Silica, Isopropyl Palmitate, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Limonene, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Benzyl Benzoate, Centella Asiatica Extract, Aluminum Hydroxide, Citral, Linalool, Hexyl Cinnamal, Tin Oxide, Geraniol, Eugenol, Aloe Barbadensis Extract / Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Mel / Honey / Miel, Calcium Pantothenate, Ascorbic Acid, Dimethicone, Sodium Chondroitin Sulfate, Atelocollagen. May Contain: CI 77891 / Titanium Dioxide, MICA, CI 45410 / Red 28 Lake, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / Iron Oxides, CI 15850 / Red 7, CI 45380 / Red 22 Lake, CI 19140 / Yellow 5 Lake. CI 42090 / Blue 1 Lake, CI 15985 / Yellow 6 Lake, CI 75470 / Carmine].

on 4/2/2015 6:09:00 PM

After seeing my friend using this lippie in clear color and swore by it. I decided to buy one. I bought the Electro line in Pink shock because I want a hint of color for my lips. It moisturizes my lips at first but as the day went by it left horrible dry patches on my lips. I reapplied it the next several days and the problem kept coming back so I had to throw it away. In my opinion this works best in the clear color because my friend's lips are really moisturized. I don't recommend buying color lip balm.

on 3/31/2015 4:00:00 AM

I bought it in the colour Cherry Kiss... I guess I have always been drawn to the berry and cherry flavours and colours of lip products. :) However I didnt get much of a cherry scent from it...more like a waxy strawberry essence.

Its a good product though. Can be worn under your lipsticks since its not highly moisturizing to make the lips feel slippery. Also adds a subtle pinky tint which I like. I would definitely recommend this over the eos lip balms which I personally find not moisturizing at all.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

These lip balms are mediocre at best. I have one and I expected it to be super moisturizing because of all the hype about it, but it did not meet my expectations at all. The packaging is honestly the best thing about it.

on 3/28/2015 2:01:00 PM

Bought two of these recently because they were on offer. I got the clear ones as I just wanted it as a balm not a tint. I've only used them a few times but they do seem moisturising! Although you do have to apply them often!

on 3/24/2015 11:45:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I use this only as a way to prep my lips before using lipstick. I don't find this moisturizing enough for me to be used as a lip balm, but I do like how it smooths out my lips enough to make my lips stick look nice. It's not sticky or goopy.I would repurchase as it's only 3 bucks and it will last me a while.

on 3/24/2015 11:44:00 PM

For some reason I hate this lip balm.

I purchased the 'baby lips protecting berry' and while it is nice and moisturising, the smell is horrible, and if I get a little of it in my mouth it is revolting.

In addition to that, every single time I accidentally get a little in my mouth I feel incredibly nauseous, which is bizarre.

on 3/24/2015 11:01:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Not a fan of these lip balms. They smell really nice, but my lips felt strange when i had it on and it irritated my lips. My sister used it too and wasn't a fan. In the bin it goes....

on 3/24/2015 10:03:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This is a really nice tinted lip balm. The texture isn't sticky, and it's affordable. Unfortunately, I bought the peach shade which looked horrible on me, but I can see me repurchasing this in a better color.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

After becoming fed up with the eos spheres, I decided to give these a try because everyone raves about them, online and those I know offline. I bought 'Quenched' because I wasn't sure which colour I would like best and just wanted to see how the formula was at first. I like the smell of these balms and find the packaging attractive, and I like the glossiness it gives to the lips, but that's about all I liked.

This made me develop several of those painful zits that are right on the lip line. I am extremely acne-prone, so I have encountered products before that caused this - I purged them from my life and hadn't had any acne of this sort in more than two years. I chucked my Baby Lips in the garbage and my lip line is on its way to looking nice again.

If you've ever found that you're prone to getting acne along your lip line, don't bother with this.

on 3/24/2015 7:08:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Curly, Medium

I'm writing from the perspective of someone who is OFTEN "allergic/sensitive" to lip products. So it took me awhile to jump on the Baby Lips bandwagon, even though I was intrigued from the beginning. Note that I can't use any of the usual lip balms (ChapStick, Carmex, etc), including many natural ones with peppermint or other flavorings. Note that I have not tried the Dr Rescue version, and will not, as I'm allergic to the "medicated" ingredients. I've had no trouble with the ones I've gotten causing irritation.

I have a few of these now (most on clearance); just picked up the Oh! Orchid based on an online review (not MA). I use these for a quick swipe 'n go, not to replace either lipstick or serious lip balm (for me, that's Paula's Choice or Lavera Basis). I'm only looking for something to add a bit of shine/gloss, protection while outside (like many of you, I can't stand the feeling of naked lips), and perhaps color (some have it, some don't), and am not expecting these to perform in ways they aren't intended to. Pardon me, but a pet peeve of mine is when someone disses a product when it doesn't do what they wanted it to do, even if it is counter to its intended purpose. For example, being upset when a foundation is for dry skin and makes their oiliness worse. I have dry skin and DON'T buy or try oily-skin foundations; I know they won't work for me.

Popular Lip Treatments