September 20, 2014 | 1207 users online

Lip Treatments - Maybelline - Baby Lips Lip Balm

rated 4 of 5 on 8/9/2014 3:33:00 AM More reviews by LilMissMatched

I have three of these balms, and I have to admit that I love them, especially the clear one. I'm not a lipstick girl, because I personally feel since I'm 24 that I haven't reached an age which is appropriate to wear lipstick. :) that's just my personal preference, silly as it may sound to some. So I love this balm, the effectiveness of it, low price for good quality, and a sheer pop of color that looks youthful and fun. It's easily attained at any drugstore, so for a small town girl like me, no special trips to the city for a makeup counter or Sephora/Ulta. I don't feel right splurging on lip products, since many cheap products aren't of cheap quality, and do the job of a prestige brand. I like to keep my big expenses for foundation, bronzer, powder etc. since I don't like to put anything but high-end on the skin on my face. But back to the balm, it's available in an array of sheer colors, doesn't make promises it doesn't/cannot keep, and drenches lips with moisture while adding a sheer wash of pretty color if desired. I like the consistency: buttery smooth, the lemony scent, how it is hydrating without being oily or sticky- major flaw with many glosses, to me personally anyway. Of course it doesn't last all day, but how easy is it to grab it out of your bag and reapply quickly without a mirror? Ten seconds max? That's just not a deal breaker to me... I have repurchased and will continue to do so. It delivers on its promise.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/8/2014 2:02:00 PM More reviews by Lomelindi

I found this for a discount at a drugstore and decided to try it on a whim due to the good reviews. Final verdict - meh, I could've lived without it.

I got the pink shade and I'm on the fence about the color. It's a very cool, light pink that looks odd on my warm, NC25 skin, but at least it's sheer and I can (sort of) pull it off. The color is self-evening so at least it's low maintenance and I can slap it on and run out the door. It smells like strawberries and does feel like a real balm, but just like a real balm, it wears off in an hour or two so you have to reapply often.

Aside from the pop in color (which I admit is cute), this functions just like a normal stick of Chapstick. If you're expecting miracles, you won't get it. At least it was only a few $, so it's very cheap!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/8/2014 1:02:00 PM More reviews by marysmakeup

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I swear by the book "Don't Go to the Cosmetics Counter Without Me" and while looking in it I found something interesting about this product. Maybelline says that this product has SPF 20, but it lacks the UVA protection AND it has several fragrance ingredients that will just make chapped lips worse. I had bought some and the pink one I had melted in the summer! I also tried the sparkly ones and they deliver absolutely no color. Wouldn't recommend.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/6/2014 5:30:00 AM More reviews by annaa7

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I am still not sure about these. They are very drying, and do very little in the long run. They work more as lipsticks than lip balms. I love the color payoff though, and the packaging is cute. But as lip balms they aren't good, I've had better. I only use this to get color.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2014 7:51:00 AM More reviews by antoanto23

Lovely lip balm,the coloured one give a sheer but very visible wash of colour.keeps the lips very soft and leave a stain of colour too.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/31/2014 2:50:00 PM More reviews by KatieMakeupLady

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have purchased several of these lip balms to use for a hint of color or for SPF while out in the sun. The colors are great and the packaging is cute and they smell nice for the most part, I did have one that didn't smell the best that was a neon orange color. The texture is nice and sheer and creamy. The issue I have with these lip balms is that they are very bitter and somehow always end up in my mouth and they taste AWFUL! I don't typically lick my lips a lot or ingest lip color on purpose but somehow, these particular balms always end up making me chew gum to get the bad taste out of my mouth. I have worn lipsticks and just about every type of gloss, balm, and stain out there and nothing has tasted as bad as Baby Lips lip balm. The taste gets on the back of your tongue and stays there, it is terrible! That being said, if you have no sense of taste then you can probably enjoy these lippies with no problem. I definitely would not recommend these or repurchase them again, I am still trying to give away the ones I purchased previously. I am still trying to figure out why people rave about these because I have been consistently disappointed by them. They do look cute, though, which is a bummer because I am always tricked into buying another just to be sure it wasn't a fluke the first four times.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/26/2014 3:36:00 AM More reviews by maddielaurie

Love to use this in the summer because my lips burn easily as I am at the beach a lot, works well as an SPF but doesn't really change my lips for better or for worse. I love the smell but can't stand the taste. I've had the peach one, blue and pink one, and a few from the electro line and would probably buy again considering the price. Overall just an average lip balm

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2014 2:29:00 AM More reviews by larosedechanel

Baby Lips Lip Balm is good, but I'm not particularly impressed. I have shade Quenched 005, which is clear. The packaging, which is probably why I bought it, is turquoise with hot pink details. It smells nice... & that's about it. I basically only wear this around the house. In all conscience, I wouldn't trust this to protect my lips outside exposure or during cold winter months. It's supposed to moisturize for a full 8 hours & it didn't last half that time. I have to apply this several times throughout the day regardless of whether or not I eat or drink & that's my major con/complaintóno staying power.

I'm so glad I only bought one to try it out because Baby Lips turned out to be a basic lip balm. I think it's hyped because of the pretty packaging. While it's not the worst lip product I have ever tried, I won't be repurchasing.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/25/2014 11:38:00 PM More reviews by katkatkay

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Green

I absolutely love this lip balm, i have four of them because i always lose them and they're so cheap that i don't mind. They definitely keep my lips moisturized but not for long so i do have to reapply it often. Overall i do really like this lip balm and i would definitely buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2014 9:25:00 AM More reviews by missmetal