September 23, 2014 | 1960 users online

Eyeliner - Physicians Formula - Eye Booster 2-in-1 Lash Boosting Eyeliner + Serum

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 6/2/2014 3:49:00 PM More reviews by christyk

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is pretty great... I am a cat-eye novice, and what usually takes me an hour to do took about 10 minutes. I bought ultra black, and I found I had to go over the line multiple times to get it dark enough, but the control with this pen is fantastic. I have always hated pen type liners (hate felt liners), but the brush on this is great. Dries super fast too. I still had a little trouble getting the line thin enough for my hooded eyes, but I think with practice this will work really well.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2014 3:29:00 PM More reviews by pauliepocket

I AM OBSESSED! I've never purchased a high end eyeliner before, and now I'll never need to! I am so mad that I'm only discovering this eyeliner now. I've only ever used felt tip eyeliners, and have never been really pleased with them. My eyelids usually get oily and after a couple of hours, its completely gone. I've tried the stilla eye liner which I got as a deluxe sample at sephora before, which wasn't HG, but did its job. I was about the purchase a whole size, when I stumbled upon this while watching youtube videos. I will never look back. The synthetic tip on this eyeliner is perfect for winged liner! Its super easy to use and is long lasting. I will never buy another eyeliner other than this one, this is my HG.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/27/2014 10:13:00 AM More reviews by chelsia

one of my HG eyeliners (with l'oreal and stilla). This helps makes my line smooth and gives me amazing control. It stays put all day even with my oily lids. You have to buy "Blackest Black" because the "Black" is a gray colour..

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2014 4:52:00 PM More reviews by deamber

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Other Eyes: Grey

Brilliant eyeliner. I have oily eyelids and after an hour I usually have panda eyes. Not with this eyeliner, it stays on all day. I go to school, work, and run miles at the gym at night and it still stays on. Love how thin it is, it lets me create a thin or thick line depending on my mood. Price is great, I used to spend 20+ on sucky eyeliner but I got this for 11 bucks. Will keep purchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2014 9:55:00 PM More reviews by SophiaSopapilla

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love a good cat eye. Learning how to do it right can be a real b*tch. I tried the tape method, free hand method, even crafted a nifty template thing. While all of those methods worked, nothing worked like this eyeliner.
Goes on smooth, color is pigmented and the cat eyeliner-its done. The tip is precise, mistakes can be easily corrected (do it quickly and gently though). Plus it claims to increase eyelash growth. I haven't used it long enough to see the results of that claim but the eyeliner alone is worth buying it for.
This is all I use for the cat eye now. So much less hassle in the morning. I put my shadow on, then this before finishing with mascara. Doesn't run. It sprinkled most of the day today and the eyeliner never budged.
This is the first pen eyeliner that has really worked for me. Love it.

UPDATE: So its been 3 weeks and holy cow-my eyelashes are longer, thicker and just straight up fabulous. I was accused of wearing falsies! I even asked the hubs how my makeup looked (purposely not mentioning my eyes) and to quote "your eyes look really good. you have lots of eyelashes." This is coming from a man who never notices anything. ever.

so I ran to ultra and stocked up. falsies are fun when you have time, but they are also obnoxious and the glue can be a real pain. For about $10-this is so much better!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2014 12:32:00 PM More reviews by 2002beauty

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this eyeliner. It performs the same as high end eyeliners, it lasts all day and the color is rich. I had the black for a long time and daily use and i bought the ultra black this time which is more dramatic. I love them both but the black or maybe the brown which i haven't tried would be better for day wear and the rich black for evening wear. I don't know the effects on eyelash growth but this is a great makeup item that i will keep purchasing

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2014 1:02:00 PM More reviews by Susiedbc

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

HG eyeliner!!! I have been hunting both for an eyeliner to tightline with that wouldn't transfer, and also an eyeliner that can line above the lashes, but very, very close to the lash line. I was tempted to buy the Smashbox version of this, but it is $24. This seems to be EXACTLY the same in its application and lastingness. No transfer AT ALL. I got two of these (black and brown) for the cost it would be to get one Smashbox liner. I am really, really impressed with this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/7/2014 1:45:00 AM More reviews by organicmakeupjunkie

I have been using this for a week. I got it with the bonus clear formula. It's the best eyeliner I've used thus far. The line is thin and dark, and has good staying power. I'm sure a primer would make it even better. As for the growing, I honestly went in being skeptical. I wasn't going to report any maybes, but I HAVE noticed definite growth especially on my lower lids lashes. I had a few short hairs on my left eye, and it's grown crazy fast in just one week. I am excited to see what they will look like by week 4! Will be repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2014 1:04:00 PM More reviews by Seattlemama

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

LOVE this eyeliner so much. A tube lasts so much longer than any other felt-tip eyeliner I've ever had, including my former HG, Stila Stay All Day (tends to dry out after a month of daily use). This applies fairly wet, which is nice because it doesn't tug on my lids but not nice because it's messy. Lasts all day, no smudges. Can't really speak to the lash boosting effect since I have naturally long lashes and don't see a difference (but I don't use this everyday). For the price you can't beat it. Will buy it forever.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2014 9:55:00 AM More reviews by jiney17

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was using potted gel/cream liner before work because it's the most durable on my eyes, but I realized fussing with a brush was a little too time-consuming in the mornings. Then I switched to pencils because they're quicker to use, but I've never found a pencil yet that doesn't transfer a little to my undereye area. I was getting tired of that, so I decided to try a liquid liner.

As I usually do before buying a new item, I checked MUA reviews. This came up as a top-rated choice. I was a wee bit dubious since PF has been hit-or-miss with me in the past, but I sucked it up and forked over the $12+ (!) for this liner. (Can we talk about the price? Why on earth is this brand so damned pricey? It's like they want to be the least popular brand in the drugstore makeup aisle.)

When I actually used it, I was more than pleasantly surprised. My experiences with (drugstore) liquid liners have been frustrating due to the uniformly crappy applicators--foam things that were too thick to make precise lines or long, floppy, blunt-cut brushes that were difficult to manipulate and splayed easily. This PF liner comes with an amazing, perfect brush applicator--it is not too long, slim with a finely pointed tip and bristles that are neither too stiff nor too flexible. It reminds me of a fine-tipped Chinese calligraphy brush. It's surprisingly easy to use, even for someone who's more used to applying liner with angled brushes. I can apply the liner right at the lashline and make nicely sharp flicks at the outer corners.

The product flows easily through the bristles without requiring any clicking, as with a Stila lipgloss or YSL's Touche Eclat. You just have to shake the pen before application and bear down slightly on the bristles to get it going. I've been using it everyday for about 3 weeks and the tip remains good. I appreciate that the pen seems designed to prevent accidental splaying of the tip.

I got the Ultra Black color and it is a slightly shiny, true black. I sometimes do need to go over a line twice in order to get it as dark as I want it, but it's no big deal. Once the liner dries, it lasts the entire workday as long as I don't rub my eyes or cry. It also does not smudge or transfer to my lower lid.

I was skeptical of the notion that this would help boost eyelash growth, though I thought the idea of putting lash-enhancing ingredients into an eyeliner was really smart. But I've lately noticed that my eyelashes look a tiny bit longer and fuller than before. The difference is very small, but I still appreciate whatever I can get.

Overall, I'm really impressed with this product and would definitely recommend and repurchase it.

ETA: This comes off easily when it gets wet, so be careful. My eyes sometimes get watery due to allergies and I've found this eyeliner will come right off if I dab at my eyes when they're tearing up. OTOH, the last time my lashes looked this long and full was when I was using a growth-enhancing serum. Still 5 lippies. continued >>