November 28, 2014 | 1787 users online

Eye Shadow - LORAC - powder eyeshadow

rated 4 of 5 on 6/10/2008 6:09:00 PM More reviews by maylias

I've been using LORAC powder shadows for just over a year and I'm pretty happy with them. The quality is excellent and they have good staying power even without an eye shadow base. I do find some of them to be lighter when applied than I would like, and the screw-top pots are for some reason quite a hassle for me. A quick run-down of the shades I've tried:

- Enlighten: creamy white with shimmer (great as an everyday wash for lids, although I think most people would use this to highlight the browbone)
- Black: matte black (haven't found much use for this one but I usually go for a natural look)
- Dreamy: dark grey navy (good as a liner or when used for smoky eye)
- Guava: baby doll pink with shimmer (horrible on my skin tone so I've only used it once)
- Moonstone: pink champagne color (surprisingly pink, too pink for me)
- Pewter: slate brown with shimmer (great as a liner or for lighter smoky eye)
- Serenity: coppery bronze (good for blue eyes)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/27/2008 5:46:00 PM More reviews by jse23

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This eyeshadow is wonderful! I had been using MAC eyeshadow before, but it would always crease and come off several hours after I put it on. Today, I put on LORAC eyeshadow in Bronze, and after a sweaty, sticky, rainy day, it had still held up pretty well! I love the pigmentation and color selection. The Sephora rep who sold it to me loved the creamy texture of this powder shadow, and I have to agree. This is my first buy from this line, but I will definitely be buying more!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2008 12:45:00 AM More reviews by clamster

LOVE these!! I got 8 of them through the Fairytale Life palette and was Wow'ed by how smooth, pigmented and easy to blend these e/s's are! I definately want more. The texture of these are a cross between stila's and MAC's.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/17/2007 4:45:00 PM More reviews by alaena88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Lorac Bronze is the best bronze every-day wear eyeshadow I have tried. I wear it on top of a lilac eyeshadow during the day to tone it down, but for night it creates a great golden smokey eye. It blends so well!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/12/2007 7:38:00 PM More reviews by ColorWheel

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been using Cappuccino forever. It's a great everyday brown shade that blends well with other colors. I just recently bought Bronze. Wow! Love this color. It has shimmer to it without being too over the top. I created a pretty bronzed smokey eye with this color that even works for day.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/13/2007 5:01:00 PM More reviews by cara1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Have this in Black. I use it to draw on liner for a cat-eyed effect. It's slightly more subtle than liquid, although I can easily go from day to night by painting over it with a black liquid liner. It is highly pigmented as well. The only thing I can't stand about this product is the packaging. The lid doesn't seem to line up right and it takes me a few tries to get it on correctly. The eyeshadow also crumbled in the pot (I still can use it though...it's just a little messy). All in all, it's a good basic shade to have, although I'm sure you could find something cheaper that's would serve the same purpose.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2007 10:56:00 AM More reviews by NearPerfect9

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love LORAC eye shadows. My favorite color is Reverie (great crease color) - it's a brown/grey lustre. I also like Moonstone, mixed with a light neutral, it makes a great browbone or lid color.

I find LORAC shadows mix well with other colors. These shadows last - I apply over my Bare Minerals, and they stay on all day.

One pot also lasts a very long time. My only complaint is the packaging. LORAC shadows come in a screw-top pot that is a pain to get into and out of every day.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2006 10:29:00 AM More reviews by manford

i have tons of these little pots. lorac's cd #2 has been the only palette i've ever used up. these shadows are fantastic--highly pigmented, soft, and last forever. i've gone through the shade "innocence" twice. i do love the little pots, but sometimes i wish you could create palettes, because these are my favorite shadows, and i'd like to be able to..."condense" my collection. i love MAC and stila, but i think the quality of LORAC is better! (i base this on the fact that i don't always need a primer with them!)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2006 10:16:00 PM More reviews by ao5775

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Highly pigmented eye shadow. Excellent for lining as well. I found that by the end of the day, there is a little creasing, but this can be fixed with a little primer. The little pots are great!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2006 2:01:00 AM More reviews by Astyra

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

These are excellent eyeshadows - very silky, highly pigmented and blendable. So far I have Innocence (silvery lilac), Kiwi (a complex gunmetal green) and Lilac (taupy mauve) but I definitely plan on picking up more of these. I just wish I had discovered them sooner!