January 27, 2015 | 1980 users online

Mascara - Almay - Get Up and Grow

rated 3 of 5 on 10/27/2013 5:04:00 PM More reviews by Baxter007

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Like many I decided to run for this product once I saw Emily's rave. It was amazing the first week or two but after this, it got terrible. The smudging on my concealer. It had never happened before but it started and I always looked like I had panda eyes!! No no, then the formula got bad and then really dry but clumpy nono. I thought it was somehow my concealer so I didn't use it for a day and the mascara still smudged near me... I remember it being pretty easy to take off, I used the sephora eye makeup remover in the blue bottle, love it. But I mean overall, the first week it was a dream, thickening and all but after the week it got disgusting.. Will not but again and don't really recommend it. I do recommend revlon last fantasy

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2013 8:47:00 PM More reviews by Hothead

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

this is a great mascara.

it is inexpensive and it performs better than Chanel Volume. I do use this on top of the Chanel inimitable waterproof since I do need to curl my lashes and this would be like throwing water on a headfull of curls.. immediately drowning them.

I really love it on my lower lashes -- it makes them longer and fuller and is a breeze to get off. No more tugging my skin due to waterproof products. Bifacil or Cetaphil work great on this.

I got it in Black. It's affordable, very functional for longer fuller lashes.

packaging is meh, but I do not care. It performs.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2013 8:09:00 PM More reviews by calliethrutchley

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Lengthens, separates, add volume, holds a curl. Loving this.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/10/2013 1:13:00 PM More reviews by crismeticos

When I first got this about a month ago, I didn't really like it. It was kind of wet and didn't really do much for me. I have long, very straight/pointing down lashes. It was meh. But now that some time has passed and the formula dried out a bit, I'm starting to like this product. I have the waterproof and it holds the curl decently enough, lengthens a bit and gives acceptable volume. It can smudge if you're not careful, but it doesn't flake or anything. It's a pretty good, staple mascara but nothing amazing. I would probably buy it again eventually, but not immediately after I run out. I'll rotate through others and unless I find a new, awesome mascara, I will come back to this.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2013 12:52:00 PM More reviews by GimpyPoop

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This mascara is awful! I purchased it due to YouTuber's emilynoel83 incessant raves and it just did nothing for me! I have extremely straight sparse Asian lashes. I typically curl them with a slightly heated eyelash curler, lightly coat with Maybelline Full N Soft waterproof mascara to hold the curl, then proceed with my mascara of choice. Get Up and Grow completely straightens any curl upon the lightest application, yes, even when I wipe of excess mascara with a tissue beforehand. I find the formula is too wet for my wimpy lashes. I tried using the mascara on its own - same results.
However, after much begging, I did test it on my SO's luxuriously full and long lashes - looked great on him. Isn't that always the way? So yeah, not a fan of this mascara.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/8/2013 12:28:00 PM More reviews by Alexine

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love this mascara. In just two quick coats I get super thick, long lashes. I had issues with smudging when I first bought it, but after about a week or so, the formula got a little thicker, and I haven't had any smudging problems since then. The Blackest Black is a deep, rich black, which I absolutley love. This is my new HG and I'm stocking up!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/1/2013 9:11:00 PM More reviews by Jilly914

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This is a quick review for Almay's Get Up and Grow mascara. I liked a lot of things about it, but they don't matter - This mascara smudged badly on my under eye area. It only took a few hours for it to start smudging. I'm returning it to the store :(

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2013 11:31:00 PM More reviews by ImYourFavoriteDrug

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this mascara. It voluminous and lengthens, while not irritating my extremely sensitive eyes.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2013 9:45:00 PM More reviews by MiddleCyclone

I love this mascara, just as I love all Almay mascaras. I have vey sensitive eyes with contacts and Almay is one of the few makeup lines who mascaras do not irritate my eyes in any way.

This mascara creates a very nice and natural long lashed wide eyed look. It also removes very easily. This like most Almay mascaras works best for creating a natural look which enhances the type of lashes you already have. If you have very short lashes or want a more dramatic false lashed look this will not do it for you.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2013 12:25:00 AM More reviews by mascaraloverforlife

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Brown

i'm really surprised with the negative reviews. first of all, i have really short and thin lashes so mascara is definitely a must-have. i finally found another HG mascara! (the other one is maybelline the colossal mascara). this mascara really thickens and lengthens my lashes with just one coat. this is definitely an overall mascara (lengthens, thickens, separates, defines), it didn't clump on me either. i love the packaging, looks really expensive yet it's very affordable. it also holds the curl. (woohoo!)

PROS
+thickens
+lengthens
+separates and defines
+holds the curl
+doesn't flake nor smudge
+dark pigment
+nice, sleek packaging
+very affordable (got it from ebay for about $6.99)

CONS
-smudges

if you want the thick, feathery, and defined lashes look, this mascara is definitely worth a try! i don't know about "making lashes stronger" thing yet. hope it works also :]

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No