October 31, 2014 | 1626 users online

Polishes - Wet 'n' Wild - FastDry - Gray's Anatomy

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2011 10:58:00 AM More reviews by MetalMusicGirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this color it is very thin as other have said but it still looked good on anyway. Next time I do try it again I plan on layering it over a black, probably the black color in this line.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/1/2011 4:52:00 PM More reviews by Greendelirium

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this color! The polish is very sheer, yes, but looks amazing once you get it opaque. this can take 4-5 coats alone but I put it on over china glaze OMG (silver holo) and it's perfect in two coats. it also looks amazing over black. very pretty in all lights. I think it's great for longer nails,it emphasizes the length and the tri-chrome factor, that's when you really see it best, IMO. I gave the packaging a 3 because although i do really like the WnW new curved brush, but the one on this bottle was all messy and some of the bristles are misaligned so it creates a moppy type brush- bad. but that's def a defect, not the intended design. (which i like)

rated 2 of 5 on 6/25/2011 10:03:00 AM More reviews by boilerscuba

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Let me just say something first. If this NP by definition is fast dry, I would probably end up becoming a SV addict... which will never happen. I love Grey's Anatomy, so when I saw swatches on Scrangie with a good review, I decided to head out and purchase this. ONLY my local Walgreens had this, so if you can't find it at CVS or Walmart, et.al. give it a try.

Color: Dupe for DL Wicked Game. Trichrome with a purple-tinted grey with purple and green on the edges. Amazing-looking in the bottle.
Drying time: 60 seconds? lol you mean, 60 minutes for each coat needed? EXTREMELY SLOW. I got dents after 4 hours of application even after using SV... wth?
Opacity: 3 or 4 coats. I haven't tried it as a TC but that could possibly work.
Formula: OK
Repurchase: Nope.

I rarely say that I regret purchasing NP as long as I didn't pick up a dupe for something I already have. I regretted buying this one the first time I tried it. Needless to say, I haven't tried using it again and it's collecting dust. If it weren't for its name, I prob would have gotten rid of it.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2011 2:45:00 AM More reviews by emkazicstan

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't understand why this got such bad reviews. I love this polish! Yeah, it's a bit sheer but it only took me 2 coats and I got a really nice color. My second day on this and it hasn't chipped (pretty impressive for me) The color is so nice, I love it!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2011 3:25:00 PM More reviews by MIJA_97

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This has beent he worst nail polish I have gotten from WnW it is super sheer it took me about 5 coats for the actual color in the bottle to be noticible on my nails. Then when it was on my nails the color didnt really came out the same as in the bottle as far as the dual chrome...BOOOO!!! hate it!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/3/2011 1:39:00 AM More reviews by xyoru

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Other

There were two reasons I decided to pick this up, I love the show "Grey's Anatomy" and the colour drew me in. This is not a complete dupe of "Not like the movies", but it's good enough for me since it's a fraction of the price. It cost me under $2 Canadian, so for the price I'm ok with it.
Like other have said, the colour looks amazing in the bottle, but applies VERY sheer. It takes me 3, maybe even 4 coats to get a colour similar to the bottle. I actually don't like wearing this nail polish by itself, but I LOVE it under the black shatter, which is one of the reasons I kept it.
Overall for the price, it's quite nice. But I won't be repurchasing just because I don't like wearing it alone.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2011 5:42:00 PM More reviews by MARmaladeJay

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this shade. I picked it up at CVS for $.99. It's an inexpensive alternative for Deborah Lippmann's Wicked Game. This could be described as a grey shade with purple and green duochromes. It has a sheer finish, so you'll probably need at least 3-4 coats to get an opaque look. It does dry pretty fast. So if you do apply 3-4 coats, you'll want to wait a few minutes before applying your next coat. I wore this for 5 days without any chipping! This shade also reminds me of OPI's Not Like The Movies from the Katy Perry collection, but without the glitter. So if you have Not Like The Movies or Wicked Game, you probably won't ned this. If you want either and don't want to pay the price tag on either, get this. Overall, I really like the consistency of Wet 'n' Wild polishes. I would definitely purchase this again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2011 9:59:00 PM More reviews by barcodegirl

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This looks almost magical in the bottle, but it actually applies very sheer. Just by it's self, it takes about 5 coats to get a decent color. It only really looks good when it's applied over a dark base. So far I've used it over black, dark blue, and dark purple, and it looks pretty much how it does in the bottle. It really is a beautiful duochrome if you get the the right combination of bases.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2011 11:34:00 PM More reviews by nattyngeorge

Gray’s Anatomy #237C, is a silvery gray with light purple and green pearly undertones. Depending on the lighting and angle, Grey's anatomy can appear as a silvery light purple or a silvery green. I notice in lower light, the purple is very prominent and when I bring my fingers in the sunlight, the green shows much more. It's slightly holographic, and reminiscent of the colors you may find inside a seashell.

As for the polish itself, because it's a pearl, you have to be careful when applying it, because it shows all of your brush strokes once the polish is dry. A base coat may be a good idea for a smooth application. The polish is incredibly sheer, and to build the color to it's full opacity, you'd need three coats minimum. This polish claims to be dry in 60 seconds, but I think it takes a bit longer than that. After a couple of minutes, I tested it out and touched my nail and was able to make a fingerprint. So, I wouldn't compare this at all to OPI. I applied three coats, and although the color wasn't completely opaque, it was alright. I don't think I waited long enough between coats, otherwise the outcome may of been better. The finish is quite dull, so a top coat is very necessary.

I personally, didn't like this polish at all. I was disappointed with the stroky application and the sheerness. I am not going to sit and paint 5 coats of any nail polish. Also, the color wasn't at all as cool as I thought it would be. I thought the greenish yellow pearl looked ugly in certain lighting. Don't let my opinion effect yours though, this shade is actually very popular and many love it! It's actually a cheaper dupe for OPI "Not like the Movies" nail polish from the Katy Perry collection.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/28/2011 1:20:00 AM More reviews by insipidxsky

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really love this colour, such an interesting shift of green/blue/pink/purple/grey, unfortunately it is very, very sheer. It took me 3-4 coats to get it to really show up. For $2 though, I'm not really complaining. So far it is also wearing very well. I've had it on for 5 days now and still no major chipping, just some soft wearing at my tips.