April 24, 2014 | 988 users online

Gels/Soaps - LUSH - It's Raining Men

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2012 4:35:00 PM More reviews by ellesk

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product is absolutely gorgeous. Being relatively new to the Lush scene, I was wandering around the store and smelling everything I possibly could, when I stumbled upon HIWTK - it smelled divine, a really rich honey scent. Not wanting another solid for my shower, however, I made my way over to It's Raining Men - and it was love at first scent. There is a bit of a difference between the solid and gel versions of this soap - HIWTK is more strongly honey, a heady, foody scent, while It's Raining Men has a bit of a floral scent behind it. Nevertheless, it's absolutely lush. (Ha. Pun.)
It lathers up really easily, and is incredibly moisturising - my skin feels silky smooth when I get out of the shower, which is particularly nice when I don't feel like applying moisturiser (which, let's face it, is most always). The scent lingers very subtly on my skin, but it is more potent when used in hair. My boyfriend is a big fan of using it as shampoo (though I had to go buy him his own bottle since he was too macho to ask for it by name) and the scent really lasts.
All in all, a lovely, indulgent shower gel that makes taking a shower an wonderfully aromatic experience.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/16/2012 12:21:00 PM More reviews by britneyspearsfan82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

Purchased a small bottle of this, It smells of sickly sweet honey the smell does not linger on your skin. I havent tried it on my hair as yet.

May purchase again

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2012 5:04:00 PM More reviews by curlywurly100

It's Raining Men is pure aromatherapy for me. it's a floral honey shower gel which is extremely pungent and very obviously filled with tons of authentic honey. i also like to use this to combat mild breakouts on my body, as honey is antibacterial and it seems to really make a difference.
i also love that this is not season-specific, so i can use it everyday of the year and always be really comforted by it. this to me, is also a little muskier, heavier and more floral than Honey I washed The Kids soap, that's more foody. this is much more like aromatherapy to me and i love it. bought the full size and use it nearly everyday.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2012 5:13:00 AM More reviews by cathyz123

smells so amazing and lathers great too! i love the convenience of having HIWTK in shower gel form argh i love this scent so much! definitely would repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2012 7:46:00 PM More reviews by MissJenn909

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

It's Raining Men is a Lush shower gel that smells just like Honey I Washed The Kids soap but I feel like it is slightly more florally. It smells divine, I love it! It is very bubbly and lathers well, a little bit goes a long way! It leaves a lasting scent on my skin. I love Lush shower gels and this one is another great one! It's back for good! (In Australia anyway!)

rated 4 of 5 on 12/5/2011 7:12:00 PM More reviews by spearmint87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Do you love Honey I Wash The Kids? This us the shower gel for you! Frankly speaking I find it quite difficult to work with bar soap. Only making exception for Lush soap. But with shower gel, I'm going to be able to abandon the Honey I Wash The Kids soap.
Pro:
Foams up really well
Very moisturing
Smell awesome
Works well as a shampoo
Con:
Expansive
Smell doesn't linger on your skin (lingers in the hair though)
Overall it's a must buy for me!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2011 12:19:00 PM More reviews by thedallasdiary

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I absolutely love this body wash. It is more moisturizing than Honey I washed the Kids with the same great sweet scent. I even got my mom hooked on this when she used my shower!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/19/2011 3:10:00 AM More reviews by mjc174

I found that this doesn't smell like Honey I Washed the Kids at all. Instead, it smelt like caramelized pears with a touch of honey. I like the scent of it, but I was disappointed that it didn't smell exactly like Honey I Washed the Kids as they said it would. I found that the smell doesn't last a long time on my skin. But it lasts all day if I were to use it in my hair. So I generally use this as a shampoo.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/9/2011 4:50:00 PM More reviews by Dazidoo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

Kind of disappointed with this product. Really wanted to love this product, I love honey I wash the kids shower gel, and this does smell a bit like the original soap but not quite the same. I also find that the smell does not really last very long on my skin once I've come out of the shower. It doesn't really lather too well and it doesn't really leave my skin leaving clean or fresh.
Will stick with the soap next time.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/9/2011 9:23:00 AM More reviews by licoricepirate

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

yuck. does NOT smell like "honey i washed the kids." smells like sour, piss-covered flowers.. with a touch of honey. too herbal.. not enough toffee scent.