September 23, 2014 | 1950 users online

Lips - NYX - Soft Matte Lip Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2014 11:03:00 PM More reviews by Monklin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Kinky, Other Eyes: Brown

I tried this product in the color Monte Carlo and I thought the color payoff was pretty good for a drugstore brand. The only thing I don't like about it is that it smells heavily of cake mix from a box. Luckily, it doesn't taste like it or awful at all. It also seems to last longer than most drugstore lipsticks. All in all, I am in love with the product and love the color range they have. Definitely choose this over their butter lipstick.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/4/2014 11:44:00 PM More reviews by margomiller

Color pay off is crazy !!! The color you see on the outside of the tube is EXACTLY what you'll get.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/30/2014 6:27:00 AM More reviews by lipstickisllife

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have five of these, three that I bought separately and two from The It List boxes, and I am always wonderfully impressed for the first ten minutes after application. The colours are beautiful, rather unique, extremely opaque and very comfortable. The packaging is simple but cute, as everything else NYX is, and the doe-foot applicator is easy to use.

However, after ten minutes every single time I can feel that my lips have dried out, and upon looking in the mirror see that it has sunk into my lip lines and looks awful! I always exfoliate and wear lip balm under this, and wear a lip hydrating mask most nights but it makes no difference to me for this particular product. This would probably be great for someone with normal or oily skin but unfortunately it is unusable for myself. I won't buy any more.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2014 5:25:00 AM More reviews by Behemath

I LOVE THIS PRODUCT!!! I can't rant and rave about it enough! At first I bought SMLC in the colour Antwerp, which is a lovely natural colour of pink, and I fell in love with it after one application, so bought another SMLC in the lighter pink colour Istanbul. It glides on so smoothly, and the finish is flawless. The texture on your lips really looks like you are wearing no product at all, it's great! However if you do want it to appear more glossy, you could always apply a little lip balm or gloss on top. I really cannot get over how good this product is. It looks great, feels great, smells amazing and has reasonable staying power too. The only thing that I could criticise about NYX's SMLC is the packaging, which looks a little cheap and basic, much the same as their packaging for most of their other products. But this is just a very small downside, and I would highly, highly recommend this product! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 6/4/2014 12:18:00 PM More reviews by englande

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I am a big fan of these! I bought the color Tokyo, which is a light bubblegum pink, and I am very pleased with it. I have a fair/light complexion (NW15) and am somewhere between a pink and neutral undertone and this color looks great. I am very happy with the texture of the cream. It can apply clumpy so some blending is needed, but that is not hard to do. It is the only lip product I've found that actually stays on my lips even through eating and drinking. Plus, its one of the very few lipsticks I can stand to wear without feeling cakey and dried out. I like to pair this with the NYX chunky dunk lippie. They go very well together and give me a natural semi-gloss looking color rather than layers of lip product. I don't even need to use lip liner which is a plus and another step I can remove from my makeup routine. Overall, I am really happy with this matte cream and have already planned to buy a few more colors.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/30/2014 10:38:00 PM More reviews by Syababy06

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love it so much! They smell really good like vanilla scent. They have various shades if colors and when you applied the texture is creamy which I like. The only problem is if you have chapped lips don't even use it because it will cracked on your lips!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2014 7:43:00 PM More reviews by yuwannano

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Dark, Cool Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have these in Copenhagen (burgundy), Abu Dhabi (beige nude), & Monte Carlo (blood red). Love them all! They smell wonderful and are long lasting. You can also use this as a top coat for your creamy lipsticks to make them matte as well. They're drying but if you exfoliate and but a balm on beforehand you'll be fine. Well worth the $6.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/22/2014 7:51:00 AM More reviews by OnlyLuxe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I specifically purchased this because I had been wanting to try Hourglass's Opaque Rouge Liquid Lipstick and this seemed like an excellent dupe with good reviews. My experience was less than satisfactory. I got it in the color monte carlo and at first really loved the color and finish, but I bought it specifically to wear to my graduation. What a mistake! (to try a new product for a big day) I hated it. It dried my lips out so bad and the product is definitely high maintenance. I made it to my graduation and everything was ok, but as the next two hours proceeded where I couldn't have my purse or mirror to check up on my lips I could feel my lips getting dry and cake-y. I knew something was wrong but I just hoped for the best. When I could finally go check my lips (after several pics along the way of course) I was horrified! The color was in patches all over my lips and practically flaking off. I was very disappointed to say the least. During the time I had it on, I didn't eat or drink anything. I feel like a lip product such as this should be able to withstand a few hours of wear, especially if nothing passes by your lips. Needless to say, I'm terrified to try it again in a situation where I actually can keep an eye on things. I've decided though, it probably would have been fine if I would have put some balm or gloss over the top, but that totally defeats the matte finish :(. Bottom line, I'm giving it three lippies ONLY because I only tried it one time so far and it was an awkward situation, but from my experience, this product isn't as great as the hype would make you think. Beware if you try this product. Do not use it on a special day the first time, and maybe let go of the idea of matte lips and throw some balm over the top of it.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/22/2014 1:38:00 AM More reviews by monica3210

these smell delicious :) too bad they look bad on me lol I love how they feel when I put them on, so creamy! I would prefer if these weren't matte and if they stayed with that creamy finish. These make my lips look really flat with no dimension. I'm not sure if this is just because I have thick lips and it's more noticeable or if it just doesn't work for me. These are also quite drying and my lips hurt a bit after wearing them for a couple days (I put a gloss over them to get rid of the flat look). I gave these a three because they smell nice and I enjoy the feeling of applying them when it's still wet lol

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 5/20/2014 9:13:00 PM More reviews by jssiee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I had heard so many raves about this so I had to pick this up (I got Istanbul) even though nyx isn't super readily available around me (Canada). I don't think that just because a product is more expensive it is better but in this case the more expensive a liquid lipstick has been the better it has worked for me. I also have the stilas liquid lipstick and armani lip maestro (basically liquid lipstick). They all have the same concept, a liquid opaque lip colour that dries matte on lips (I've reviewed the other 2 items as well). Only this one wasn't opaque... I applied 3-4 layers to get it to be fully opaque. It felt drying and settled into my lip lines. Honestly this performed poorly even if I'm not comparing it to mid+high end products. I do have other drugstore lip products and I've never disliked one as much as this. The texture left much to be desired. Even though it was a nice colour I don't think I will ever use this product, I wish rexall (where I purchased it from) did returns.