NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream (All)

Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Dimethicone, Beeswax, Glyceryl Behenate / Eicosadioate, Phenoxyethanol, Dimethicone / Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Talc, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Silica, Aluminium Starch Octenylsuccinate, Isohexadecane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Propylene Carbonate, Parfum. May Contain: CI77019 (Mica) / CI77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI15850 (D&C Red 6 Na. Salt), CI15850 (D&C Red 7 Ca Lake), CI15985:1 (FD&C Yellow 6 Al Lake), CI19140:1 (FD&C Yellow 5 Al Lake), CI45410 (D&C Red 28 Al Lake), CI77491 (Iron Oxide Red), CI77492 (Iron Oxide Yellow), CI77499 (Iron Oxide Black), CI77742 (Manganese Violet), CI77891 (Titanium Dioxide)

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I have extremely dry, flaky lips that feather very easily. These lip creams don't dry me out, don't feather too badly, last a long time, and smell delicious. The texture is like liquid velvet: it's an odd texture that I haven't felt before, but really like. I have Prague and Morocco, which are highly pigmented and are gorgeous colours. I will be purchasing these in more colours!

My only gripe is that the packaging, while easy to use, is a bit clunky. But this is a budget product, so you get what you pay for.

Overall, I'm extremely happy!

on 6/1/2015 10:36:00 AM

I absolutely love the formula of this! The color Tokyo is a beautiful kind of neon pink!

on 5/30/2015 8:41:00 PM

These soft matte lip creams are great they don't have that over matte dry look or over dry the lips and it easy to remove. Yet it's not overly creamy where it transfers or bleeds. The only con is the tip of the application starts to wear away making it harder to apply smoothly/evenly no more soft tip just the plastic underneath. The pretty popular colors are always sold out at target and Ulta. Luckly you can try/swatch the colors at Ulta so I can order them online.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I have never ever loved anything more than this lip cream!!! I bought it in Transylvania, which, when layered, creates a vampy, Broadway-dramatic look perfect for porcelain skin (though I'm sure it looks great on everyone!).

Pros:
1. Basically a lip stain that doesn't dry out your lips.
2. NYX is cruelty-free!!!!!
3. Packaging is very sophisticated and chic. The cap is, appropriately, of matte finish.
4. Much easier to apply than lipstick (therefore ideal for makeup-guru-wannabes like myself).
5. All-around the best purchase you will ever make. My skin is EXTREMELY high-maintenance, but just with mascara and this dream come true, my face looks instantly put-together.

Cons: the only bad thing about this is the fact that it tends to settle in the lines of your lips, but not enough to be seen (unless someone is 2 inches from your face!).

Even if you aren't looking for a goth lipstick, this comes in 21 other shades! BUY IT.

on 5/23/2015 12:07:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I own the shade Monte Carlo and it's a beautiful red. Application is easy and the product goes on very smoothly. I love how it goes from the liquid to a true matte lipstick. Lasts a while, though touchups are needed. I really love my one and will definitely purchase more.

Love Love Love these so much. They glide on super smooth, they feel creamy on your lips, not super wet but not super dry which is why I love these. They are perfectly moisturizing. I have like four different colors, I can't tell you the exact names because the stickers with the names on them have fallen off after being thrown around my makeup bag and purse. They look really classy and beautiful on the lips. I find they look best with simple eye makeup. I highly recommend these amazing things! The scent is probably my fav part lol. They smell like cupcake frosting but it's not over powering. The price is fair, they're like $4.99 or $5.99 each and you can buy them at Target or CVS Pharmacy, not sure which other stores sell them but if you want to do it the easy way I'd suggest going online. Hope the review helped!
XOxO ☺

on 5/3/2015 11:57:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Got these in Istanbul, San Paulo, Antwerp, and Amsterdam. Love, love, LOVE how the colors are named after cities; it makes me want to get all of the ones named after my favorite cities! It also smells kind of like vanilla frosting or cream. I find that there's truly nothing like this in the drugstore or high-end. I shudder at the idea of lip glosses, but these have the pigmentation and finish of a lipstick - very matte.

I recommend applying a lip balm prior to applying the product. It can feel quite drying and it settles into the lines of your lips easier if you don't. Other than that, I get about 4-5 hours of wear before fading and great for the price. Would definitely recommend and will be getting more colors in the future!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

It's absolutely amazing. All of it. The appearance, the feel, the colour range, just everything. I would get rid of all of my lipsticks and just use these matte lip creams if I could.
The only thing I have qualms about is the longevity of these lip creams. Only lasts for an hour or two on me.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Beautiful, creamy and affordable. I love these. As matte creams, they are long-lasting, but you do have to make sure you exfoliate and prime your lips before wearing them as they do dry into cracks and dry spots.

I love this product! I bought it at Ulta after seeing one of my coworkers wearing a pretty looking matte red lipstick. When i asked her, she actually said it went on like a gloss- so easy! I bought the lip cream in Cannes, the perfect color for my skin tone. The product stays on all day and barely requires touch ups unless you think so. It was beautifully pigmented and all in all a product I would definitely buy again!