NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream (All)

Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Dimethicone, Beeswax, Glyceryl Behenate / Eicosadioate, Phenoxyethanol, Dimethicone / Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Talc, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Silica, Aluminium Starch Octenylsuccinate, Isohexadecane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Propylene Carbonate, Parfum. May Contain: CI77019 (Mica) / CI77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI15850 (D&C Red 6 Na. Salt), CI15850 (D&C Red 7 Ca Lake), CI15985:1 (FD&C Yellow 6 Al Lake), CI19140:1 (FD&C Yellow 5 Al Lake), CI45410 (D&C Red 28 Al Lake), CI77491 (Iron Oxide Red), CI77492 (Iron Oxide Yellow), CI77499 (Iron Oxide Black), CI77742 (Manganese Violet), CI77891 (Titanium Dioxide)

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

It's absolutely amazing. All of it. The appearance, the feel, the colour range, just everything. I would get rid of all of my lipsticks and just use these matte lip creams if I could.
The only thing I have qualms about is the longevity of these lip creams. Only lasts for an hour or two on me.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Beautiful, creamy and affordable. I love these. As matte creams, they are long-lasting, but you do have to make sure you exfoliate and prime your lips before wearing them as they do dry into cracks and dry spots.

I love this product! I bought it at Ulta after seeing one of my coworkers wearing a pretty looking matte red lipstick. When i asked her, she actually said it went on like a gloss- so easy! I bought the lip cream in Cannes, the perfect color for my skin tone. The product stays on all day and barely requires touch ups unless you think so. It was beautifully pigmented and all in all a product I would definitely buy again!

on 3/29/2015 9:34:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

I wanted these specifically so I would have a color that lasts all day at work without needing a touch up. I love the matte lipsticks but these looked even more fool-proof. So I got Cannes, Prague and Stockholm. I already have Nyx Whipped Caviar and Nyx Aria and wasn't sure if they would be too similar to Cannes and Prague. I added a swatch image which didn't seem to capture as well as I hoped, but basically Whipped Caviar is more mauey and Cannes is a slightly pink neutral. Kind of a "my lips but...darker"? lol. They are noticably different from each other. Aria and Prague are more similar, but Aria is more electric while Prague is even more matte. And while Prague is bright and pigmented, it's just a bit deeper and berry colored as opposed to pink. I actually like it more. It just goes with so many things without being too loud. I would say all four colors are medium/mid range (as opposed to light or dark shades). Lastly, Stockholm is a slightly burnt nude. Not too dark or too light or too brown or concealer looking, but a hint of orange that's flattering and not weird. I really like that one a lot too and debated a lot before buying it because nudes can be tricky. And I don't like sweet things but I like the smell.

Unfortunately, the more I wear these the less I love them. The downside is yes, it's dry. They all are. Drier than the matte lipsticks. The dryness bothers me and even though it "stays on" it gets faded and patchy and just not attractive. If you lick or rub your lips together or if you eat, these kind of ball up and get chunky on your lips, in which case you have to reapply, regardless of if you exfoliated. Not just touch up. Redo. So they are long-ish lasting, but only in the your-lipstick-is-obviously-worn-off way. I hate that. But I do think applying these is pretty easy. Easier than regular lipstick.

If I found a color that was similar in a lipstick, I think I would go for the regular/matte lipstick.

on 3/24/2015 9:24:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I love the matte look of these and the smell is nice (like a vanilla cupcake).

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

I was really excited to try this because I had heard so many positive things about it. After having tried it for myself I can say it's just ok. I bought this in Abu Dhabi, and I think the colour looks great on me. The formula was eh. I didn't find this drying, but you for sure NEED to exfoliate your lips before hand as it will show every flaw. I was hoping it would be super buttery and just spread over my lips, but it felt more like a creamy paste. And while it's not promoted as long lasting I was hoping it would be a bit more durable. It's funny, out of all my lip creams this is the least expensive one I own, and yet I feel like it's the one I overpaid for. If you are looking for something matte, but not too pricy I would suggest Sephora's cream lip stain. It is more expensive, but you do get more bang for your buck without breaking the bank.

on 3/17/2015 11:20:00 AM

Very disappointing. I know it's "matte" but it doesn't have to be so dry. I bought "Tokyo" which looked pink on the tube but turned into an ugly orange on my lips. The final look was cheap -- similar to Hallowe'en makeup. I know it's inexpensive, so I shouldn't expect too much. However, it is not much cheaper than Revlon, which has excellent lip products.

I only have two of these lip products - stockholm & addis ababa, a light and a somewhat dark shade. To be quite honest, they weren't all that great. I honestly thought I was going to receive something a bit better than what I did. People are always raving about how great these products are but I honestly don't see what's the hype about them, they're just an ordinary lipstick.
First off, I don't know if it's just my products that do this, but not much product comes from the tube onto the applicator. When I first got home with these lippies, I was so tempted to try out the color and how well it worked on my lips.
I have very dry lips but I do moisturize them before every lipstick application including these babies. I've even tried applying them onto my desert lips but that too, didn't work.
As I said before, I bought one light shade and one dark-ish shade, so I doubt it's the lightness and/or darkness of the lipstick that isn't working for me because I've heard some people apply these exact colors and it doesn't look like mine did.
The stockholm one makes my lips extremely matte, not the good kind either. You could totally see the fine lines in my lips, on the other hand, addis ababa is a great color, especially for me since I love brights, but the problem I have with it, is that it tugs on my lips even if I do moisturize and the color payoff isn't as good as I was expecting. It's dull in color and the undertone isn't the same as the outside of the tube.
I'm not saying to not buy this product because it all comes down to your preference, but I thought I'd share my experience with this product.

on 3/5/2015 2:47:00 AM

NYX makes my all time favorite lip products. I love these and I've bought six of them so far! The texture is great and the colors are really vivid and pigmented. I love that they are not super expensive.

on 3/3/2015 2:32:00 PM

This product has cute packaging and it does what I want it to do, I like it. I bought the shade London which is a great nude, actually. In natural light you can see the subtle pink tones, so it looks a bit similar to my lip color but more nude, and in indoor lighting it's this gorgeous taupey nude with no pink tones. Not too pale, so you won't get the 'concealer lips' look. I am going to love wearing this with bold eye looks (love the smoky eye right now).

It goes on creamy and stays wet for maybe 15 mins. After that point it 'dries down' but it never becomes uncomfortable on me. The best part is that once it dries down, it doesn't really transfer. I found that the color stayed put for a good four hours and then some.

So the staying power is great, after 15 mins it's a true matte, and best of all the formula is comfortable. The only complaint I have is that it accentuates dry patches on my lips after awhile. But with this shade, it's not that noticeable. Don't forget to drink water kids, keep those lips hydrated.

Edit: another complaint, after 4ish hours this starts to make my lips a bit powdery and dry. Applying chapstick was essential. But the color is still there..