Wet 'n' Wild Color Icon Trio - I'm Getting Sunburned

4.2

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

How pigmented are these colors? Well, I didn't intend on wearing a dramatic smokey eye to the office today, but here we are.

The gold and pink are beautiful and relatively easy to work with, but the plum/brown shade - while also gorgeous - is tough. The tiniest bit goes a long, long way...but unfortunately that long way is metaphorical: Whether I use fingers or brushes, the plum/brown keeps ending up as heavy color on a small surface area. It just doesn't blend easily, especially on top of primer. I'll give it another shot, preferably on a Saturday night this time.

***

Edited to note that two of the three colors broke during...I don't know, a very location-specific earthquake in my bathroom makeup cabinet that somehow left nothing else damaged. Meh. I tossed the whole thing.

on 8/10/2012 4:43:00 AM

Eyes: Violet

I do like this color set for the price. It's really is unbeatable when you compare the price and quality of color icon to other shadows on the market today. The pigmentation is simply amazing. The dark brown color is concentrated enough to be used as an eye liner. This thing lasts all day. I didn't experience any shadow fall out like some reviewers complained. It could be because of my application technique. I didn't use any of the brushes that come with this kit. Although the shadow kit comes with 2 very useful brushes (one soft rounded tip and another slanted brush applicator). I personally do not like to mix all the colors together so I use a Q tip for each application and throw them away after each use so there is no cross contamination of the colors. The gold is nice but it was a bit dark on my fair skin. I think it might suit people with darker complexion than fair. I really like the feel, texture, highly pigmented shadows colors. There were no irritation dripping fading through out the day. It lasts all day and can easily be cleaned with baby oil. My only complaint is that it's just not compatible with my fair skin. It may work better on darker skinned women. The shimmering pink isn't too bad. They do go together if you keep the colors close together and blend them well. I hope they come out with similar quality shadows with paler shades for fair skin. I have used many high quality pure minerals shadows ranging from 20-30 dollars and i still find color icon pretty competitive.

on 8/4/2012 10:05:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Ehhh. More like 3.5 stars but lets round up. Mixed feelings on this one. The brown was way too pigmented I actually removed it for the palette because it would wind up on my brush and make a mess. I like the other colors, the pink I didn't use very much but it was a great quality eyeshadow. The gold color was so lovely! BUT, it was super powdery and whenever I used it it would get everywhere ad pollute the pink. I was willing to put up with that, but the gold kept cracking and eventually exploded everywhere. I might buy again and just take out the gold, and keep it isolated. XD

on 8/4/2012 8:32:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I don't really care for the pink eyeshadow, I only use the gold one occasionally (but it's a beautiful shade nonetheless), I think the brown one along deserves 5 lippies. It is extremely pigmented (more so than some eyeshadows made by Urban Decay or MAC) with silky buttery texture.

on 8/3/2012 11:10:00 AM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

oook so Idk, what is wrong with mine but I'm fairly confident I just got a weird one because I have another trio (silent treatment) and it does such a great smokey eye, I thought I should get another. But the crease color in my silent treatment, like... It literally behaves like a loose powder when I get a brush nears it. It's just like "POOF" eyeshadow. everywhere. so that's the one downfall. I could still use it like as a bit of a liner, but it's not gonna work as a crease color, it like.. eats the entire gold area on my eyelid when I tried, even if I tap the brush off first. sooo oh well, I can still use them all individually. I would still buy other trios, considering you're paying $1 for each shadow, it's not that huge of a deal if one is bust.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

My very first wet n wild trio. The gold, bronzey, shimmery shade drew me in relentlessly. For the flabbergasting dirt-cheap price, I picked it up. In addition to the gold, there is a super dark brown and a cool-toned frosty pink. IMO, the pink doesn't really belong there - would've preferred a matte neutral, similar to brle) but I would never wear that pink on my browbone anyway - hello 80s robot! But the gold is beautiful. So rich and pigmented. Does amazing things to my blue eyes, but I would imagine it'd be great for green eyes as well with the brownish undertones. I have experienced quite a bit of fallout (mostly with the gold and brown shades) so minus a lippie for that, but when we're talking pigmentation, value, wear time, and color selection? Wet n wild icon trios. Every. Single. Time. Going to repurchase soon, my pans getting too visible.

on 7/27/2012 9:17:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other

I absolutely love this, I've been looking for a subtle brown for my darker skintone. The gold is a little glittery so I wouldn't wear it on a random day, but it is beautiful. The pink is a tad frosty but a perfect innerduct highlight. All three colors go on smoothly and when I was applied it, I made a mistake and tried to wipe it off with water and it barely budged, so I know it has great lasting power. All in all a great trio.

on 7/8/2012 12:18:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

This palette is ok. Its not my HG, I can live without it.

The 3 colors (frosty cool pink, bronzey gold and blackened plum) dont go well together. I really hate that pink color. Its too cool toned for my skintone and is very frosty. I cant compare it to anything in my collection because I usually lean towards warmer/golden pinks.

That golden color is a dead ringer for UD's Baked e/s. The WW one has more chunky flecks of gold, with more fall out, less smooth and slightly less pigmented.

The plummy color I've heard pple compare to MAC's Beautymarked. I dont have that but I can say its dangerously similar to the darker shade in the L'Oreal HIP Duo in Sassy. The WW e/s is even darker.

I knew that WW probably tried to think outside the box to include that pink in the trio but it really has no place being there. I would have preferred a matte beige.

All the colors are pretty soft, blendable and pigmented. The golden shade has a bit of fallout. Tha shadows also tend to break easily as the container is very cheap and fragile.

I would recommend this to persons who are on a budget and have a limited range of e/s. To persons that have a large collection, I'd say to pass. The shades are easily dupable and not so great to begin with.

on 6/27/2012 12:58:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Amazing pigmentation ! look so good on my light brown eyes and its very cheap. comparable to some of my mac eyeshadows
I got it for 1.79 at rite aid.

on 6/27/2012 2:51:00 AM

I bought this product seeing a review on it on YouTube. It was cheap, and wet n wild hasn't really let me down before. Its mostly the "lid" color in my eyeshadow trio packaging that like poofed up a bit. It was way over pigmented. Don't get me wrong, i love pigmented shadows but it was OVER pigmented. Maybe it was just me idk. I used this for two days and one time it just accidentally fell on the ground. The pink color completely died. The "puffiness" just collapsed and got all over the crease color. When it fell, it also shredded a layer of the crease color, and the lid color collapsed too. I love WnW, and i should be more careful of not dropping it but -___-. I had bought the vanity palette and it fell, i broke one of the 6 colors. I would buy this again tho bc the colors are really gorgeous. I am just sort of annoyed about the packaging and wishing the eyeshadow wouldn't break so easily.