September 20, 2014 | 1755 users online

Eye Shadow - Wet 'n' Wild - Color Icon Trio - I'm Getting Sunburned

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2012 8:32:00 AM More reviews by cecikierk

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

I don't really care for the pink eyeshadow, I only use the gold one occasionally (but it's a beautiful shade nonetheless), I think the brown one along deserves 5 lippies. It is extremely pigmented (more so than some eyeshadows made by Urban Decay or MAC) with silky buttery texture.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2012 11:10:00 AM More reviews by sam23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

oook so Idk, what is wrong with mine but I'm fairly confident I just got a weird one because I have another trio (silent treatment) and it does such a great smokey eye, I thought I should get another. But the crease color in my silent treatment, like... It literally behaves like a loose powder when I get a brush nears it. It's just like "POOF" eyeshadow. everywhere. so that's the one downfall. I could still use it like as a bit of a liner, but it's not gonna work as a crease color, it like.. eats the entire gold area on my eyelid when I tried, even if I tap the brush off first. sooo oh well, I can still use them all individually. I would still buy other trios, considering you're paying $1 for each shadow, it's not that huge of a deal if one is bust.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/1/2012 5:08:00 PM More reviews by ellielane119

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

My very first wet n wild trio. The gold, bronzey, shimmery shade drew me in relentlessly. For the flabbergasting dirt-cheap price, I picked it up. In addition to the gold, there is a super dark brown and a cool-toned frosty pink. IMO, the pink doesn't really belong there - would've preferred a matte neutral, similar to brle) but I would never wear that pink on my browbone anyway - hello 80s robot! But the gold is beautiful. So rich and pigmented. Does amazing things to my blue eyes, but I would imagine it'd be great for green eyes as well with the brownish undertones. I have experienced quite a bit of fallout (mostly with the gold and brown shades) so minus a lippie for that, but when we're talking pigmentation, value, wear time, and color selection? Wet n wild icon trios. Every. Single. Time. Going to repurchase soon, my pans getting too visible.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2012 9:17:00 PM More reviews by Collage909

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this, I've been looking for a subtle brown for my darker skintone. The gold is a little glittery so I wouldn't wear it on a random day, but it is beautiful. The pink is a tad frosty but a perfect innerduct highlight. All three colors go on smoothly and when I was applied it, I made a mistake and tried to wipe it off with water and it barely budged, so I know it has great lasting power. All in all a great trio.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2012 12:18:00 AM More reviews by anastacy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

This palette is ok. Its not my HG, I can live without it.

The 3 colors (frosty cool pink, bronzey gold and blackened plum) dont go well together. I really hate that pink color. Its too cool toned for my skintone and is very frosty. I cant compare it to anything in my collection because I usually lean towards warmer/golden pinks.

That golden color is a dead ringer for UD's Baked e/s. The WW one has more chunky flecks of gold, with more fall out, less smooth and slightly less pigmented.

The plummy color I've heard pple compare to MAC's Beautymarked. I dont have that but I can say its dangerously similar to the darker shade in the L'Oreal HIP Duo in Sassy. The WW e/s is even darker.

I knew that WW probably tried to think outside the box to include that pink in the trio but it really has no place being there. I would have preferred a matte beige.

All the colors are pretty soft, blendable and pigmented. The golden shade has a bit of fallout. Tha shadows also tend to break easily as the container is very cheap and fragile.

I would recommend this to persons who are on a budget and have a limited range of e/s. To persons that have a large collection, I'd say to pass. The shades are easily dupable and not so great to begin with.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2012 12:58:00 PM More reviews by 1989pinkful

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Amazing pigmentation ! look so good on my light brown eyes and its very cheap. comparable to some of my mac eyeshadows
I got it for 1.79 at rite aid.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/27/2012 2:51:00 AM More reviews by SerinaLee

I bought this product seeing a review on it on YouTube. It was cheap, and wet n wild hasn't really let me down before. Its mostly the "lid" color in my eyeshadow trio packaging that like poofed up a bit. It was way over pigmented. Don't get me wrong, i love pigmented shadows but it was OVER pigmented. Maybe it was just me idk. I used this for two days and one time it just accidentally fell on the ground. The pink color completely died. The "puffiness" just collapsed and got all over the crease color. When it fell, it also shredded a layer of the crease color, and the lid color collapsed too. I love WnW, and i should be more careful of not dropping it but -___-. I had bought the vanity palette and it fell, i broke one of the 6 colors. I would buy this again tho bc the colors are really gorgeous. I am just sort of annoyed about the packaging and wishing the eyeshadow wouldn't break so easily.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2012 11:54:00 PM More reviews by mmbabies

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this palette! The colors look great together and are all super pigmented and soft. My favorite is the lid color followed by the crease color. I agree that it is intimidating when you swatch it but it blends beautifully or you can use it as an eyeliner.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2012 10:29:00 PM More reviews by JChrisBee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I mainly bought this for the gold and pink, which I thought would be great for spring and summer. Those two colors are very good and I also have knock on wood, which I plan on mixing and matching. Now, the dark crease color is scary pigmented. You have to be super careful with this one or you'll end up looking like a preschooler who went digging in her mom's makeup bag. When I applied to much, and as of yet haven't figured out how to use this brown, I tried to soften it with the pink which was a big mistake - a grave error. What was a muddy dark brown, turned into a purple black. Not kidding. And, it was a terror to wipe off with a wet wipe. I really don't see the brown actually looking good with the gold and pink, now that I've tried the colors together. I may try again with the brown with more neutral colors. I have had good results using the gold on the lower lash line and on the center of the lid for a "pop" of color in combination with colors from the Naked palette. The pink is okay. A little sheer. I think I have better results with the pinks in the "knock on wood" palette which is a little darker and more pigmented. All in all, a good buy and long lasting colors. I'm impressed.

Update: my daughter - going on 13- loved this palette so much, she wanted one for herself. She mainly uses the pink and she does get a lot of pigment out of it. It makes her brown eyes look very lovely. I take back what I said about it not being pigmented. hehe. I guess, my daughter has a thing or two to show me about makeup. :)

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2012 5:21:00 PM More reviews by BizzyBunny

What a sleeper in the selection of the core line. I liked it for my fair skin and gave a nice look to the eyes. I dont think the way it says to use it is practical or modern but if you use it to how youd like the colors it can be a great combo. I rarely use all 3 together but any 2 work.