November 24, 2014 | 1763 users online

Lip Gloss - Rimmel - Moisture Renew Lipgloss

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2011 6:53:00 PM More reviews by PrettyInPlaidChic

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

A little mystified by the mixed reviews on this particular product. I have this in "Purple Rescue" and I rather like it-as with a reviewer below, this makes a pleasant change from the everlasting mauves, lilacs, nudes and orange-reds that are saturating the lip shade market, at the moment. When applied with a gentle hand, this lends some subtle vibrancy, sheen and conditioning to my late Summer look. In fact, used carefully and precisely, I can wear this while commuting to and fro my conservative clinical environment, as well as not be concerned about sun protection (a bonus as far as I'm concerned). Since I layer this lip gloss over the top of Labello Classic Care, the 'moisture renew' component isn't quite as important to me as it might otherwise be. The flavor/scent isn't overpoweringly offensive, either, and if you've ever had anything to do with other Rimmel products, you'll likely find that it's in-line with their product line as a whole. My only fault with this product is with the packaging: it does not strike me as being sturdy at all, either in design or execution. The outer package is flimsy, as is the applicator wand. One other, potential limitation worth mentioning, is with the seemingly small shade range, especially if you're after a non-frosty, non-glittery rose or pink. For me, "Purple Rescue" is as close as it gets.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2011 12:17:00 AM More reviews by mirageangelhope

Not worth the price! Though I have to say this does moisturize it's my night time lip product but that it never wear this outside.
I got a refund on a return and figured I had wanted to try this line of gloss from rimmel because I love the vinyl so much but I hate it. This line and the stay glossy 6 hour long wear line don't compare to my fav line.First off you get half as much product as with the vinyl variety for the same price..
I didn't find the pigment in cherry boost to be that strong esp compared to pin up fro m the vinyl line.The applicator tip can bend to this 90 degree angle making it hard to control thus getting it everywhere unless you use a lip brush.

Will not buy this line again not worth 6 dollars for me just to wear it to bed.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/25/2011 9:09:00 AM More reviews by malonb

I got this in 'Pink Spa' about a month ago. It was one of my first make-up purchases(even tho it's just gloss lol). I thought it was decent 'till i tried others. I like the color, it's tinted enough for me and it feels pretty nice on my lips. Yet, I feel like i have to reapply every 2minutes, literally. I do like the packaging and the applicator. I didn't notice any smell(as i don't really smell my cosmetics, and only notice if it reeks or something i guess) but since i haven't, it can't be that bad. Someone commented that their lip gloss had separated, didn't happen to mine but if it had i would be put off with that as well. Not sure how much this was but i assume over $5. For that price, i can get 5 lip glosses from E.L.F. which are my favorite of all time. Overall i would say nice, but not worth the price in my book. The 15SPF if an awesome plus btw. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 8/22/2011 5:25:00 PM More reviews by 1000allycat

Despite the negative comments i really liked it i got fuchsia therapy. got a ton of compliments on it. the perfect pink too. not sticky makes my lips feel so silky soft i like the smell my friends like it too.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/17/2011 3:44:00 AM More reviews by ShimmerSands78

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is a great gloss for the price. Its not sticky, it has a strong rose scent which may bother some people, but I dont mind. It has a cute purple lid. I got the color pink benefit which is a baby pink color that isnt overly pigmented so it doesnt come off as frosty.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/6/2011 4:57:00 PM More reviews by Lemonz

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have this gloss in the color "105 Pink Benefit" which is a light frosty/shimmery pink- but not too frosty. It isn't sticky, and adds a nice sheen and shimmer on top of a lip stick. This gloss isn't too pigmented so I feel that it would look best on top of a lipstick, instead of by itself. The scent isn't over-whelming either.

My only problem with this gloss is the packaging. The applicator is very flimsy and whenever I put on this gloss, I'm weary that it will just fall off. It isn't very firm so I have to be very gentle when I'm putting this on. It also doesn't pick up a lot of color, so I have to keep going in and out to get the right amount.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/5/2011 5:26:00 PM More reviews by stephani99

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I totally agree with the reviewer below me and I give up on you Rimmel. My last two tries (l/s and l/g) sounded and looked so promising after my other failed attempts, but these also bombed. All I have to say in addition to the below comments about these glosses is that other than the horrible Rimmel stink common to all their lip products apparently, is that they must have a LOT of oil in them. They separate with a layer of clear goop at the top like my bottle of Good Seasons Italian, except FAR less tasty.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/26/2011 8:53:00 AM More reviews by poohbear9549

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This is probably one of the worst lipglosses I have ever tried next to Wet N Wild glosses. When I first opened this, the gloss reeked of sunscreen. I own this in the color Pink Benefit. This is a baby pink gloss with no visible shimmer. It is pretty sheer and isn't too long lasting. It has SPF 15 and a flat doefoot applicator. I find this applicator a bit too spongy. The gloss gives my lips a slight pale pink tint that slightly mutes my lips. Oddly, the product irritated my lips a bit. It has a very wet texture and is very uncomfortable to wear. The only thing I like about this lipgloss is the look when I am wearing it but the texture and scent makes this too uncomfortable to use on my lips. If you are looking for a super light, sheer lipgloss with SPF, this would be good for you. If you are looking for a longer lasting lipgloss with more pigmentation, I recommend a L'Oreal or Maybelline lipgloss.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/9/2011 12:54:00 AM More reviews by MissKisara

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I found a coupon for Rimmel lip products and I decided to finally bite the bullet and try out this brand. Although I initially planned to try the lipstick, I decided to try the gloss since it is hard to find a gloss with SPF.

I decided to pick up the shade "Purple Rescue" since it is a nice change from my army of red/pink/nude glosses. I must admit that the smell, which is sort of powdery, stunned me a bit since I'm used to glosses being either unscented or vanilla/fruit scented. I don't notice it once it goes on my lips though. The applicator is also a little strange but I don't mind it since it reminds me of the spatula applicators found in some of the Japanese lip glosses I occasionally indulge in. As for the product itself...I like it!

The gloss goes on smoothly and it isn't watery or excessively sticky. The color payoff is quite good (although I apply it with a light hand) and I like how smooth my lips feel even after taking it off. I really like it and I think that I might go back to the store and give the other shades (as well as the lipsticks) a try.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/24/2011 4:10:00 PM More reviews by ashton

I'm not a big lip gloss fan but I do like this product a lot. There are a nice range of colors to choose from and it has a nice, powdery smell! What I like most about it is that it is highly pigmented - even more so with a second layer of application. The applicator is easily to use too. I didn't find it all that moisturizing so I took off a lippie but its still a great gloss! Will repurchase in another color.