December 22, 2014 | 1126 users online

Lipstick - Cover Girl - Lip Perfection

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2012 4:48:00 PM More reviews by CorelliaCalling

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

These are trash. I’m sorry. I love LashBlast Fusion mascara, I love their eyeshadows—CoverGirl and Clinique are about the only shadows I’ve found that couldn’t care less about pooling in the creases of my lids—but I’ve no use for this line of lipsticks; I don’t even glance their way when I’m shopping anymore. The colours are outstanding, I’ll admit; I have two, Divine and Dazzle. Divine, the first one I bought, is that scary neon purple, which shouldn’t surprise anyone who knows me—I’ve always been of the mind that someone has to be ballsy enough to wear the unwearable. And it more or less delivers, as far as pigmentation goes, but my lips are weird; they respond to some moisturisers better than others, and while I can do shea butter on my skin, I put it on my mouth and it basically recoils in protest. There are exceptions to this: I’ve never had any trouble with Revlon’s Lip Butters, for example, but my lips are partial to Aquaphor, CO Bigelow Rose Salve, Lush Honey Trap, Blistex Lip Medex…that kind of stuff. After seven hours in Divine, they feel like they’ve spent the same amount of time in a jerky-drier, and you can expect them to be blaring hot pink for the rest of the day, no matter how many makeup-removal techniques you get involved. Dazzle was a case of me failing to learn my lesson and being intrigued by the shade—a soft raspberry pink with a plum-pearl shift—but the joke was on me once I applied it, because it ended up being a really wimpy colour, and the shift got lost in translation from the bullet to my lips. So Dazzle, like Divine, quickly adjourned to the back of my drawer, and the next time I get around to cleaning out that sucker, they’ll probably be among the first things to go.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2012 5:46:00 AM More reviews by scxo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love bold lipstick and I wear it all the time so I thought I'd try this lipstick out in euphoria (btw I'm an NC15). I don't regret it at all. It is really such an amazing colour and it lasts comfortably throughout my school day (6 hours) with a touch up after lunch. I do find that it feathers a tiny bit after a couple hours but I've never come across a lipstick that doesn't on me so I didn't let it affect my rating. I don't find it to be drying. I'm definitely going to go buy more of these.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2012 2:38:00 PM More reviews by MakeupFreak93

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I received this lipstick as a Christmas gift in Tempt and I LOVE it! I've always been a red-lipstick fan and now I have the perfect lipstick!! It's moisturizing and comfortable on the lips, absolutely no stick! I've never really noticed the smell before or the taste but I suggest that if you have problems you can use Cover Girl's Fruit Spritzer Gloss, it smells nice and it tastes delicious lol! Strawberry is a great red color. But this is a great product and I would definitely buy this again!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/26/2012 11:36:00 AM More reviews by MzDT

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this in Romance and I loved the color and packaging, but it dried my lips out terribly, to the point where it was almost as though I had a rash on my lips. I tried it again and again and still got the same dry, flaky, irritated terrible reaction to this. When I stopped using it my lips healed. I was so disappointed. I think the colors are amazing. I probably won't try this brand again sadly.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/4/2012 10:07:00 PM More reviews by Kastehelmi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

My favorite drugstore lip formula. I find the smell and taste alright--lipsticky, yes, but not unbearably so--synthetic, but not alarmingly so (like NYX), not sweetly synthetic (no cough syrup). Some have compared it to play-doh, and that bears some truth, but I find it very tolerable.

What do I love about this lipstick? The pigmentation, the moisture factor, and the stunning colors! And they will last even through meals. The nudes might need more touching up, but you will be wearing lipstick all day long. If I were going to be performing or onstage in some way I would wear one of these lipsticks!

My perfect brighten-my-face-shimmery-get-compliments-red?: Burn
My perfect nude (pink-leaning)?: Sultry
My perfect classy neutral shade? Smolder
My perfect red-coral? Enthrall
My perfect bold spring pink? Fairytale
A beautiful blue red that I don't need because of all of my other reds that I wear because it stains my lips well? Hot
A beautiful shimmery berry that I own and rarely wear because it's rather cool and doesn't brighten my face--but I didn't return it cause it's pretty? Everlasting
A great vampy color (if you love deep dark lips): Enamor

Would I buy it again? Sure. Will I? probably not, cause I own like 10 tubes and I wonder if I will ever get through just one of them...

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2012 3:10:00 AM More reviews by MrsTefee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

These lipsticks are actually really great...the only reason I gave it three lippies though is because these lipsticks smell and taste like crayola crayons and its pretty gross so I dont feel amazing when im applying them haha. The lipsticks are otherwise nicely pigmented...moisturizing and they stay on forever..they kind of stain your lips with color which i like because its nice to have extra color and that helps the color fade gracefully as the lipstick wears off slowly.

I Just wish they didnt taste and smell so much like crayons.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2012 5:23:00 PM More reviews by jena10607

love love love these lipsticks! I am addicted to buying them I want every color.On me they are very moisturizing, long lasting and if you get the darker colors they stain your lips! which I love because I hate having to touch up my makeup. I can put a lip balm or gloss over it and I look like I have a fresh coat of lipstick. If you go to the cover girl website, put your info in they pick the colors that will fit your skin tone which helped me because with drugstore makeup you can't try them 1st.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2012 2:49:00 PM More reviews by keiki300

what can i say. this lipstick is great for the price. it is no estee lauder or clinique but great never the less.it stays on and melts into the lips just melts. a little wee bit dry but then that is why it stays. buy it if you get a chance. word of caution, this is richly pigmented.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/24/2012 11:44:00 PM More reviews by MissChalupa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I absolutely love this lipstick. I purchased Heavenly Paradisiaque.Why? Because I was searching for a lipstick that closely matched the pink pigmentation in my lips. It was a fantastic buy. It was eye catching because it is ultimately smooth, with no glitzy shimmer. The perfect spring color. And the packaging is plain, but clever. I like the color swatch thing at the bottom, that fools you into thinking that it;s gloss. (Now there is an idea) Fantastic!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2012 5:33:00 PM More reviews by trisheee

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Edit: As much as i love this i had to stop using it because (im fairly certain) it made me very ill after a week, or so, of use. Some chemical in this lipstick does not agree with my system. And that's a shame because i adore everything about it! Severe allergic reaction, though! And I bought seven shades...Arggggg!

This is some of the finest lipstick I've ever used...and being a lipstick junkie, I've used a lot! The shade I'm reviewing here (Enthrall) is a hard color to describe. To me, and on me, (NW25) this is not an "in your face" red but more of a subtle "go with everything" red. I imagine this would look great on just about all skin tones. I don't see any shimmer, yet it's not totally matte either; more of a glow. I've swatched and/or used almost every non shimmery color and this is my favorite! Oh how it brightens my face in a classic, understated way. Aside from the color being drop dead gorgeous, the best part is that it stays put and doesn't feather or travel into those pesky little lines, even without lip liner. It does stain a bit but I love that. When it does finally start to wear off (at least 5 hours later...and through lunch) it leaves behind an even finish the same beautiful color but with less intensity. So if I don't feel like reapplying I can just throw on Chapstick or gloss and Im good to go until bedtime when I take it off with makeup remover. This feels like weightless silk on my lips, yet it's not drying in the least. Someone has finally made the perfect formulation in a lipstick! The only drawback I can see (and I see that others have a huge issue with this) is that there is some fragrance, but it dissipates quickly and doesn't bother me. Weird, because I'm typically very sensitive to fragrance and intensely dislike it on my face. I have to wonder if some batches are more heavily fragranced than others because the ones i have are not really that bad. Not enough for me to stop using them, anyway. But everything is subjective. I could go on and on about this incredible lipstick! The two other colors I have, and love, are Fairytale and Heavenly, both Gorgeous. And to think I was not going to bother with Cover Girl again as I've been disappointed with some of their other products in the past. But this one...I'm RAVING!