July 26, 2014 | 1389 users online

Lipstick - Cover Girl - Lip Perfection

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2012 3:10:00 AM More reviews by MrsTefee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

These lipsticks are actually really great...the only reason I gave it three lippies though is because these lipsticks smell and taste like crayola crayons and its pretty gross so I dont feel amazing when im applying them haha. The lipsticks are otherwise nicely pigmented...moisturizing and they stay on forever..they kind of stain your lips with color which i like because its nice to have extra color and that helps the color fade gracefully as the lipstick wears off slowly.

I Just wish they didnt taste and smell so much like crayons.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2012 5:23:00 PM More reviews by jena10607

love love love these lipsticks! I am addicted to buying them I want every color.On me they are very moisturizing, long lasting and if you get the darker colors they stain your lips! which I love because I hate having to touch up my makeup. I can put a lip balm or gloss over it and I look like I have a fresh coat of lipstick. If you go to the cover girl website, put your info in they pick the colors that will fit your skin tone which helped me because with drugstore makeup you can't try them 1st.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2012 2:49:00 PM More reviews by keiki300

what can i say. this lipstick is great for the price. it is no estee lauder or clinique but great never the less.it stays on and melts into the lips just melts. a little wee bit dry but then that is why it stays. buy it if you get a chance. word of caution, this is richly pigmented.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/24/2012 11:44:00 PM More reviews by MissChalupa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I absolutely love this lipstick. I purchased Heavenly Paradisiaque.Why? Because I was searching for a lipstick that closely matched the pink pigmentation in my lips. It was a fantastic buy. It was eye catching because it is ultimately smooth, with no glitzy shimmer. The perfect spring color. And the packaging is plain, but clever. I like the color swatch thing at the bottom, that fools you into thinking that it;s gloss. (Now there is an idea) Fantastic!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2012 5:33:00 PM More reviews by trisheee

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Edit: As much as i love this i had to stop using it because (im fairly certain) it made me very ill after a week, or so, of use. Some chemical in this lipstick does not agree with my system. And that's a shame because i adore everything about it! Severe allergic reaction, though! And I bought seven shades...Arggggg!

This is some of the finest lipstick I've ever used...and being a lipstick junkie, I've used a lot! The shade I'm reviewing here (Enthrall) is a hard color to describe. To me, and on me, (NW25) this is not an "in your face" red but more of a subtle "go with everything" red. I imagine this would look great on just about all skin tones. I don't see any shimmer, yet it's not totally matte either; more of a glow. I've swatched and/or used almost every non shimmery color and this is my favorite! Oh how it brightens my face in a classic, understated way. Aside from the color being drop dead gorgeous, the best part is that it stays put and doesn't feather or travel into those pesky little lines, even without lip liner. It does stain a bit but I love that. When it does finally start to wear off (at least 5 hours later...and through lunch) it leaves behind an even finish the same beautiful color but with less intensity. So if I don't feel like reapplying I can just throw on Chapstick or gloss and Im good to go until bedtime when I take it off with makeup remover. This feels like weightless silk on my lips, yet it's not drying in the least. Someone has finally made the perfect formulation in a lipstick! The only drawback I can see (and I see that others have a huge issue with this) is that there is some fragrance, but it dissipates quickly and doesn't bother me. Weird, because I'm typically very sensitive to fragrance and intensely dislike it on my face. I have to wonder if some batches are more heavily fragranced than others because the ones i have are not really that bad. Not enough for me to stop using them, anyway. But everything is subjective. I could go on and on about this incredible lipstick! The two other colors I have, and love, are Fairytale and Heavenly, both Gorgeous. And to think I was not going to bother with Cover Girl again as I've been disappointed with some of their other products in the past. But this one...I'm RAVING!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/12/2012 5:04:00 PM More reviews by 12catcrazy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

I bought this lipstick in #295 Rich.

Beautiful color, applies nicely, but I've found it to be a bit on the drying side (I use lip balm underneath). Packaging is okay for a drugstore lipstick - I like that you can see the color on the bottom, and the square-shaped case is attractive and easy to grab (and doesn't roll away).

My major complaint about this lipstick is the smell, and worst, the taste. This lippie smells like something chemical - almost like plastic, and tastes like an unpleasantly scented soap (yes! it's THAT vile).

I had to laugh when I saw "Proctor & Gamble" on the case - sorry Cover Girl/P & G - looks as if the soap dept got mixed up with the makeup - try again!

Honestly, as much as I like the color of this lippie, I would not purchase again because of the taste. With all of the flavorings out there (how about MINT?), I can't believe they couldn't have made this lipstick taste less vile.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/29/2012 4:33:00 AM More reviews by helpatrice

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought the CG lipstick in Hypnotic no 220. The colour is pretty, a brownish nude frost with orange/slightly pink hues depending on the light. Colour on me was very light and I needed to apply lots of it. Glides on smoothly but very drying and not the best quality lipstick. Left an orange colour for a while that gradually faded. I didn't mind the smell. Would not repurchase for myself.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/19/2012 11:30:00 PM More reviews by loudmouth

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

these lipsticks are really good. they are very creamy, non-drying (i wouldn't say they're explicitly moisturizing though), pigmented, smooth, etc etc. the packaging is nice and sleek. the color selection is great. i have this in Heavenly (a bright warm coral pink on me) and Delish (an orangey warm nude).

so why not a five star rating? well... these are the worst smelling (and tasting) lipsticks i've ever tried. it is literally gag inducing. when i apply these full on from the tube, i get a headache. i have to apply a light layer, blot, apply another layer, blot, and so on, in order to diminish the smell. i am not exaggerating at all. i don't think of myself as being sensitive to smells (i wear Milani lipsticks and NYX round lipsticks with ease, and those smell a lot). but i can just barely handle these. i will buy a few more of these, if only because of the colors, but i would not recommend these to anyone with a low tolerance for smells in their lipsticks... if CG reformatted these to get rid of the smell, these would be my favorite drugstore lipsticks, hands down!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/16/2012 10:50:00 PM More reviews by jenna1128

To be fair, let me start off by saying I own six of these lipsticks. I have never been a Covergirl fan and can't even think of one makeup item they do half way decent. Yet I love Sofia Vergara and Ellen Degeneres so I guess I still fall in love with the idea of the brand. But as a disclaimer everything I've tried from Covergirl has been disappointing or so so. I gave this product a fair shot and was mainly attracted to it because of the color selection. Beautiful, refreshing, unique shades with smooth finishesI haven't seen at the drugstore ever. However, this crazy formula leaves your lips stained like cheap lipsticks. I had to scrub my lips to get it off with all shades and still I couldn't completely get it off not even with remover. That is a bit ridiculous to me. So yeah the creamy rich shades can be a tad deceiving, since they leave your lips stained and dry. Probably the best cover girl item I have tried though. I use all six of these lipsticks and they are good for lazy days where I need potent color and need the pigmentation to last. However, at the price $ 7 at my local Target, I will just go to MAC and pay the $14 because they are reminiscent of my MAC lipsticks however those are long wearing without the ridiculous side effects. I'll probably buy more of these in desperation but not my cup of tea.Awesome shade selections though!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 2/9/2012 4:49:00 PM More reviews by tomakeupchick

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product was very disappointing. I have never purchased a Cover Girl lipstick before, and based on this experience, I never will again. I wanted to try it because I had heard wonderful things and some of them were true. The pros:
- good pigmentation
- smooth texture that applies well
- decent lasting time

the cons
- horrible taste.

Now there is only one con but it is a big one. I have never had a problem with a lipstick in terms of the odour or taste being so problematic that I wouldn't use the product again. Sometimes I'm not to fond of the smell or taste but its a minor inconvenience and in time I do not notice. However, that was not the case with this. The taste is so vile that I actually had to wipe it off. I tried several times, hoping I would get used to it as I really liked the texture, colour and longevity (a couple of hours) but no. Each and every time I was extremely aware of this vile taste on my lips. Honestly it is like the lipstick is rancid or something. I feel as though it is toxic, that is how vile this taste is.
Now I'm not sure if I got a dud, but I doubt it. I purchased this at a store that has a very busy cosmetics section and there is a lot of product turnover. The taste is so bad I don't even want to risk trying another one. There are plenty of other lipsticks with similar colours and nice texture that do not taste awful.
I suggest ladies you try this out if you can. Definitely would not repurchase ever again.