July 23, 2014 | 1286 users online

Toners - Paula's Choice - RESIST Advanced Replenishing Toner Skin Remodeling Complex

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2012 5:15:00 AM More reviews by xding78

I've been using this toner for a few months now. It generally feel quite good. I'm using PC's another toner now. But I feel this one is slightly better. At least it smells pretty pleasant.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2012 3:33:00 AM More reviews by 00R00

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have tried all of PC's toners and with mixed results (Hydralight stung, Skin Balancing was okay, loved Clear Regular Strength). As a toner choice for AM use (& PM too if you have the patience to let it dry before applying your exfoliant treatment), Resist is my first choice. Soothing, full of antioxidants (I prefer just this then sun protection rather than toner, exfoliant, antioxidant serum THEN sunblock - too much for AM) & NEVER breaks me out (I'm on my fifth bottle). Leaves my combination skin surprisingly matte (being that it's a milky consistency toner).

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2012 7:43:00 AM More reviews by PromiscuousGayCroMagnon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really love this toner. It has a thicker consistency than water. I find it really soothes my skin and softens it up. I use along with the other products from the resist line I got it in a 20% off sale and id repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2012 11:19:00 AM More reviews by martha610

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've been using this product since it came out. Before that I had been using the Skin Recovery toner for a couple of years. The Resist just feels better, more moisturizing. For my regimen, I cleanse with Cerave cleanser using a washcloth, rubbing lightly. After that, while my skin is still damp, I pour some of this toner on a cotton pad and gently wipe all over my face and neck. I believe this will remove makeup and sunscreen at night, and in the morning traces of treatment, bacteria, and sweat, while treating my skin to Vitamins C and E and other good ingredients. When my face is dry I apply Clinique's Super City Block sunscreen (which is also my foundation) in the morning, and either the PC weekly AHA, BHA, or serum, followed by moisturizer at night. I have the usual creases for a 60+ person, but no wrinkles. I tend to get eczema but I have not had problems with this toner.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2012 12:56:00 PM More reviews by mariannepilgaard

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this as part of a complete set of the RESIST line (cleanser, toner, serum, daily exfoliator, weekly exfoliator, moisturizer w sunscreen and moisturizer w/o sunscreen). I have used the products from this package approximatelt half a year. This toner is so fantastically moisturizing and comfortable on your skin! I have never really understood what benefits you get from a toner until I tried this one. It feels almost as if you would have applied a very light lotion on your face. This is a keeper!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2012 5:28:00 PM More reviews by sunnygator007

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this toner-- as a matter of fact, I love this whole product line. Unlike alot of other toners I have used in the past which are very "alchoholy" this one is kinda creamy. I use in morning and night and I feel like it helps keep the moisture in my skin.

Love it!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2012 5:33:00 AM More reviews by hpunkinway

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I would never spend this kind of money on a toner. I am a true cheapskate. However, I do not think of this product as a toner, nor do I use it as one. I put a small amount of this product in my palms and spread it onto my face as I would a lotion. The results are visible--less redness, smoother and more hydrated skin. When the results are visible immediately, as they are with this product, I take note.
I can tell the difference in my skin when I have and have not used this product--I have been experimenting over the last three months. Although the outcome is subjective, I can tell you that I will definitely be ordering this again!

10 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2012 9:38:00 PM More reviews by cherylf

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

The only toner I have been able to use without a breakout. I absolutely love it!!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2012 9:04:00 PM More reviews by moushka26

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

My skin is combination and, at 62, definitely aging around the eyes, despite using sunscreen religiously since my teens. I've never been a devotee of toners until I tried this one. I could honestly see my skin plump up before my eyes! This toner is a white, milky liquid that I pat on with my fingers after using my RESIST Cleanser. It calms and smooths my skin and seems to magically erase tiny fine lines under my eyes and any slight flakiness around my nose. I can even use it on my eyelids - no stinging. Using it twice a day, a bottle lasts me about three to four months. Love it, definitely my HG toner.

13 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2012 7:29:00 PM More reviews by kimm

Age: Unknown Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Excellent product. I respect Paula Begoun for what she does, but at times, her delivery irks.

I have normal-dry skin (with some extremely dry patches through the year) that is extremely sensitive and rosacea-afflicted. I use this after cleansing morning and night. It truly does calm my skin both in appearance (less red, less irritated looking) and feel (less itchy and dry/tight feeling). It also removes any remaining makeup, debris, etc. I've been using it for a few weeks and find my skin to be much calmer. Even swiping this product over the eyes has produced no problems.

I do not find any smell at all (and I have a sensitive nose); it just has the typical fragrance-free scent (not perfume-y). The texture, as others has described, is not straight watery. It's a bit of a thickened/silky milk texture. To use, I put a generous amount (not so the cotton is drenched, but so it is thoroughly moistened) on a cotton round.

I have not tried the Skin Recovery toner (yet), but I did try the Moisture Boost for several days. I prefer this over that one. The Moisture Boost was not as rich (a true watery liquid) and I think it stung ever so slightly. I would recommend the Moisture Boost if you have non-reactive, normal skin that neither has any true tendency toward dry or oily. For true normal-dry skin that is sensitive, my vote is for the Resist. I will update when I try the Skin Recovery.

I don't really have any gripes about this product. While some complain Paula is pricy, compared to the ultra high end products out there that do nothing, this is OK price-wise. I try and buy on sale and paid $12-13 (and no tax) and no shipping. It's a bit hard to tell how much you have left with the opaque bottle (I know that's to preserve the contents, but I wish there were a thin strip of a clear window along the side to see what remains), but a customer service rep at Paula's Choice said 2-3 months with twice daily use.

As for comparisons to other toners outside Paula's Choice, I have not used another in years. I used to think toning was a useless step (and probably still is for many others), but this product really does soothe not only immediately after cleansing, but also in the long run (less rosacea redness/bumps of late). I've even had compliments on my skin of late and have changed nothing else in the routine.

EDIT: I tried the Skin Recovery and surprisingly, not impressed. Since it is the richest of the 3, I thought it'd be even more soothing, more milky, etc. It felt *very* similar to the Moisture Boost (lightweight, not particularly soothing, etc) and it stung every so slightly, just like the Moisture Boost. I'm sticking with the RESIST and even bought a second bottle. talked to a Paula's rep and she said that yes, Skin Recovery is the richest, but many ladies, including herself, find the RESIST even better.

13 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No