October 25, 2014 | 1125 users online

Toners - Paula's Choice - RESIST Advanced Replenishing Toner Skin Remodeling Complex

rated 2 of 5 on 1/2/2013 5:41:00 AM More reviews by Rapunzell

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Unfortunately, this toner breaks me out. My 50 year old skin should not be breaking out, but every time I try to use this - there is it! Acne. No thanks.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 11/10/2012 10:18:00 PM More reviews by CaroleSim

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

Being older my skin is definitely looking for moisture without a lot of oil to cause breakouts. I LOVE this Toner. My skin feels so refreshed and hydrated. The list of ingredients proves that it has lots of anti-oxidants and is a fantastic product.

Since I wrote this review I have found out that, unfortunately, this and most all of Paula's products contain animal ingredients. So while Paula says that they are not animal tested, they are loaded with animal products. So sad. I no longer recommend this or any of her products.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2012 11:35:00 AM More reviews by Walko

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I wouldn't really class this as a toner. It's a good product , but its more like a serum. If you're using an antioxidant serum and an antioxidant moisturiser as well I don't think this toner is really necessary. I use a cheap toner by boots and sometimes the Clinique mild toner as it's a mild exfoliant, but i don't see the point in this one for reasons I've already mentioned.If you skip the serum step I suppose this would be beneficial, otherwise unnecessary.Paula herself used to say that toners weren't needed as a good cleanser should do the job.If you're still getting a whole load of gunk on a cotton pad with a toner after cleansing,I would rethink my cleansing regime.This is a good product though and I am a big fan of Paula's.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 10/17/2012 1:43:00 PM More reviews by linwild

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I had high hopes, but unfortunately, this product broke me out. I have dry, sensitive skin, and tried this toner along with my usual routine, after another Paula's Choice product disagreed with my skin. I developed two zits (despite usually having clear skin) and relatively mild skin irritation, so it looks like this is a no-go for me. I'll probably have to go back to using plain rosewater as a toner.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2012 4:16:00 AM More reviews by peunwha

I love this
I've been using 'skin balancing toner' from paula's choice. but
recently I found this one is better and love using this.
mild , well moisturing, no fragrance

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2012 5:15:00 AM More reviews by xding78

I've been using this toner for a few months now. It generally feel quite good. I'm using PC's another toner now. But I feel this one is slightly better. At least it smells pretty pleasant.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2012 3:33:00 AM More reviews by 00R00

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have tried all of PC's toners and with mixed results (Hydralight stung, Skin Balancing was okay, loved Clear Regular Strength). As a toner choice for AM use (& PM too if you have the patience to let it dry before applying your exfoliant treatment), Resist is my first choice. Soothing, full of antioxidants (I prefer just this then sun protection rather than toner, exfoliant, antioxidant serum THEN sunblock - too much for AM) & NEVER breaks me out (I'm on my fifth bottle). Leaves my combination skin surprisingly matte (being that it's a milky consistency toner).

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2012 7:43:00 AM More reviews by PromiscuousGayCroMagnon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really love this toner. It has a thicker consistency than water. I find it really soothes my skin and softens it up. I use along with the other products from the resist line I got it in a 20% off sale and id repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2012 11:19:00 AM More reviews by martha610

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've been using this product since it came out. Before that I had been using the Skin Recovery toner for a couple of years. The Resist just feels better, more moisturizing. For my regimen, I cleanse with Cerave cleanser using a washcloth, rubbing lightly. After that, while my skin is still damp, I pour some of this toner on a cotton pad and gently wipe all over my face and neck. I believe this will remove makeup and sunscreen at night, and in the morning traces of treatment, bacteria, and sweat, while treating my skin to Vitamins C and E and other good ingredients. When my face is dry I apply Clinique's Super City Block sunscreen (which is also my foundation) in the morning, and either the PC weekly AHA, BHA, or serum, followed by moisturizer at night. I have the usual creases for a 60+ person, but no wrinkles. I tend to get eczema but I have not had problems with this toner.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2012 12:56:00 PM More reviews by mariannepilgaard

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this as part of a complete set of the RESIST line (cleanser, toner, serum, daily exfoliator, weekly exfoliator, moisturizer w sunscreen and moisturizer w/o sunscreen). I have used the products from this package approximatelt half a year. This toner is so fantastically moisturizing and comfortable on your skin! I have never really understood what benefits you get from a toner until I tried this one. It feels almost as if you would have applied a very light lotion on your face. This is a keeper!