Physicians Formula Happy Booster™Glow & Mood Boosting Powder

4.2

TALC. ZEA MAYS (CORN) STARCH. DIMETHICONE. OCTYLDODECYL STEAROYL STEARATE. PENTAERYTHRITYL TETRAISOSTEARATE. ASTROCARYUM MURUMURU SEED BUTTER. HELIANTHUS ANNUUS (SUNFLOWER) SEED OIL. LECITHIN. PHYTOSTERYL CANOLATE. PLUKENETIA VOLUBILIS SEED OIL. RHODIOLA ROSEA ROOT EXTRACT. ROSMARINUS OFFICINALIS (ROSEMARY) LEAF EXTRACT. THEOBROMA GRANDIFLORUM SEED BUTTER. SCHINUS TEREBINTHIFOLIUS SEED EXTRACT. PALM ALCOHOL. PHENOXYETHANOL. POTASSIUM SORBATE. FRAGRANCE. MAY CONTAIN: CARMINE. IRON OXIDES. MANGANESE VIOLET. MICA. RED 6. RED 7 LAKE. RED 28 LAKE. RED 30 LAKE. TITANIUM DIOXIDE. ULTRAMARINES. YELLOW 5 LAKE.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I have the Happy Booster "Glow & Mood Boosting 2-in-1 Bronzer & Blush" in Bronze/Natural.

I am so mad at myself for buying this, because it doesn't show up on my skin at all. It's practically invisible! For reference, I'm a NC42 in mac.

The smell is ok, nothing great. Total waste of money.

on 9/10/2012 3:17:00 PM

This product is absolutely amazing. I have it in translucent and wasn't expecting much, but the scent is very subtle, it has very little glitter when applied to the face, and it just gives a nice highlight that works very well with my pale skin. The packaging is adorable, but sort of chunky and weird since underneath the powder is a little flat brush. The brush is completely useless compared to a good fluffy brush, so keep that in mind. However, it is a really good quality highlight and I would recommend it to anyone who wants a nice finishing powder with subtle shimmer.

on 7/29/2012 11:58:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

i absolutly love this product!

on 7/29/2012 3:40:00 PM

Hair: Red, Other, Medium

I wanted to try this product out for a long time, and then finally I ran out of my Physicians Formula mineral pressed powder - so I gave in. At the store, I couldn't remember whether Translucent or Beige had gotten better reviews (never go shopping without MUA!) but I went ahead with the Beige.

I'm glad I did! It sets my foundation nicely and doesn't add any noticeable glitter. I can't smell any perfume, actually. Like another reviewer, I also have to swish around the pink heart (but if I'm in a hurry, I can concentrate my brush on the heart for a nice blush color).

It's easier to use than my mineral powder was - I liked that product but it was so soft that it was difficult to pick up the right amount of product with my brush. I don't use the included brush. And I've gotten used to the large and unwieldy PF packaging - it sucks, but whatever. This is a winner!

on 6/27/2012 8:05:00 PM

I have this in translucent.

Pros:
+This makes a beautiful cheek and browbone highlight!
+Very glowy and shimmery but not at all glittery
+Smells good. Slightly floral scent, if you are sensitive to scents you might not like
+Very cute heart design and pink packaging

Cons:
-Price ($14 for a drugstore product) but I honestly think it is worth it, since it will last a long time and is still much cheaper than many highend highlighters
-The packaging is bulky and the brush is useless

on 6/14/2012 5:08:00 PM

Just trying this powder out in beige. I am about nc 15/20 and this color suprising is okay on me. I am wondering if any one else is noticing this...but when I went to the store the other day and looked at Physician's Formula, I noticed the beige compact DID have the pink heart but it seems to be very pale...Maybe they listened to us telling them they don't need the pink heart? The heart in my compact is super bright with much pigment and I try to "swoop" around it because I have yellow tones in my skin and don't want any pink.

on 5/11/2012 9:49:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Bought this blush in PINK and I love it! Never have I ever found a blush that EXACTLY matches the natural color of my skin when I flush... until now! On me, it pulls a little bit red, but it's absolutely perfect. No joke. Exactly the color of my natural flush. What else can I say??
It looks a little too shimmery in the pan, but it looks really beautiful on, and just gives that perfect gorgeous glow.
My only complaint is the scent. It's horrible, like old lady/hairspray. I hate when makeup has any kind of scent to it, it's so pointless, but I'm willing to ignore the smell because the shade is just so perfect!
Now I just hope and pray that it won't make me breakout!! Fingers crossed!

on 3/14/2012 4:43:00 PM

I have this powder in Translucent. It is wonderful. I use it as a highlight by swirling my brush lightly over the top. I use it as eye shadow on the days when I really want a barely there look, and because of the sheen, my deep set and hollow eyes look brightened and stand out more. This works best if you use shadow brushes specifically in only one "heart" of color at a time, and one of the hearts is even dark enough for a bit of definition in the crease.
The packaging is ok, the pink is pretty, but I really prefer something a bit more sleek and sophisticated. The brush included is awful and scratchy, but when are they not? The one thing that really perplexes me about this powder is the fuschia heart of color. I wish it weren't there, and I can't come up with a reason why it is. Regardless, this is something I will surely repurchase, especially because it serves the purpose of highlight and beautiful eye color.

Oh, and the smell. Why, Physician's Formula, why? It's ok, a bit sweet, just unnecessary.

on 3/14/2012 12:08:00 AM

I found that this product had too much shimmer in the translucent powder and for the blush, it wasn't pigmented/opaque enough. I found that it was better as an accent powder or highlighting blush than as the powder/blush.

on 3/10/2012 12:51:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I have been enamored of the Mood Boosting line from Physicians Formula for a while and was anxious to purchase one of the bronzers from this line. I bought this instead by mistake thinking it was a light bronzer. This is really just a pressed powder; not a bronzer unless you are white. I mean, really white. No color at all. Anyway, this is a nice finishing powder to use over foundation and imparts a nice glow w/o being too pink. It reminds me a little of the Bare Minerals Radiance products but not as messy. Again, this is a nice product but in my opinion not worth the somewhat expensive price for this given you can purchase it at a drugstore. I'm also a little concerned that it may crumble since the bronzer I purchased in this line did just that. I'll use it but probably will not repurchase.