October 23, 2014 | 922 users online

Lip Gloss - Revlon - Peony Colorburst Lipgloss 008

rated 4 of 5 on 8/3/2012 4:22:00 AM More reviews by Brithatsme43

Awesome, natural lipgloss. It adds a little bit of a peachy/coral/pink tint to the lips, and it smells just like vanilla. its a bit "gritty" and you can feels the shimmer on your lips-but its not that bad. so affordable too!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2012 11:27:00 PM More reviews by ozone

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Other than Dior 256, this is my other HG lipgloss. Peachy pink color matches most of my eye makeup and outfit. I love it has small golden shimmer but flaky and doesn't enhance the lines on my lips. The smell is thousand times better than my Dior lip gloss. I wish I am able to find another good lipgloss from the Revlon Colorburst line. However, other color in the same line either not attractive to me or very drying (because the of the silvar flakes). I can use this gloss without lipblam underneath. I will definitely buy this again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2012 12:49:00 AM More reviews by nicolegryne

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this lip gloss. Its beautiful with or without lipstick. Too bad my lips don't like it. I am so crushed. Good lip gloss is hard to come by.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2012 4:27:00 PM More reviews by Alexine

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Peony is a lovely pinky-peach shade with gold shimmer that is very pretty in the tube, but very sheer on the lips. I was wishing for more opacity, but it does look nice over lipsticks. It brightens my pink lipsticks and will look good for Spring.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2011 8:09:00 PM More reviews by manamana

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I rarely give products a 5 but this completely deserves it! I generally layer products on my lips. I rarely wear lip-liner (nude), but generally always wear a lipstick/lipshimmer and then top it off with gloss. For this reason, I really like lighter glosses that add some dimension to my lips and overall look.

I had heard from a youtube guru's reviews that these glosses were great. When I first went to the display at my local Target I could not remember which exact shade/color the youtube guru had suggested but decided that this seemed like a great option. Boy was I right?

Where do I begin? I love the packaging of this product-it is so clean and classy. There is generous amount of product and although I had never used an applicator like this before, I really like it. A little goes a long way with this product as it is slightly thick, but it is not sticky. The color is the prettiest peachy pink, and I think would look great on anyone.

I have a tan complexion and wear this everyday on top of a nude-ish/warm lip shimmer from burt's bees. I love the look! It is very simple but clean cut. I wear this also when I go out with more dramatic eye looks.

Over all, I think this is a great product! I may try some other color from this line in the future as well.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2011 11:15:00 AM More reviews by VicklePickle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is so beautiful! A warm pink that's not too sticky, but very moisturizing and lasts reasonably well. The only way they could improve this is to add SPF.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2011 8:29:00 PM More reviews by Jescaoh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really love this gloss. They resemble a high end lip gloss on the lips and the packaging as well. It isn't a chunky glitter high shine look, which I'm happy about. I prefer a smooth, less shiny gloss that just gives my lips a plumping effect. This color is perfect over my favorite nude lipsticks. It gives it a slight pink color with gold microglitter to add an extra special touch. It's my go to everyday gloss. I actually dont mind the applicator either. It works well to spread the gloss evenly and more high end glosses are coming out with that type of applicator as well. On my tan skin it looks beautiful. I have since repurchased in two other shades and am a fan!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2011 3:43:00 PM More reviews by xbabe82517

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is what I wanted Nars Orgasm lip gloss to be! Orgasm is a gorgeous colour but the texture and smell make it a huge disappointment for me and I seldom reach for it, unfortunately. It dries out my lips terribly and the smell makes me feel like I need to brush my teeth! The colour is gorgeous and I am always on the look-out for a dupe in another brand - never expected to find it in Revlon! I tried Mac Lipglass in Nymphette but that leaned way too lilac and cool on me, despite the gold shimmer, and I gave it away. And then last week, I stumbled across Peony in my local Boots store. I will admit to being a bit of a snob where make-up is concerned and, aside from my Maybelline foundation (because I have decent skin anyway and don't need something fantastic), I usually stick to high-end brands such as Nars, Mac, BeneFit, Chanel and Urban Decay. I will browse high-street make-up to see what's out there but rarely make a purchase. However, I spotted this Revlon lip gloss and the colour just looked gorgeous! And a serious dupe for Orgasm! I tested it to make sure it wasn't too sheer - which I don't think it is - and hastily snapped it up. When I got home I tried it on my lips for the first time and was blown away - it's actually nicer than Orgasm! It has an awesome texture, although it was kinda strange at first. Unlike some other comments here, I find this gloss is quite pigmented. It has a thick-ish, milky consistency with very fine gold shimmer. However, it doesn't sit in the lines of your lips like some milky glosses do. When I started to apply it, it did look like it wasn't going to blend very well but after two applications, it looked much better. The colour is a glowy pinky-peach - gorgeous! I think this leans slightly more pink, whereas Orgasm is more coral and slightly more opaque as well, but this Revlon gloss somehow looks better on me than Orgasm ever has. The colour pay-off isn't quite the same as Orgasm, but I prefer it anyway. I have since purchased two more of these glosses - Strawberry and Gold Dust - and have been just as impressed with those. I will be buying more as well! For a high-street brand, these glosses are really amazing and can easily compare with a couple of my Chanel Glossimers and can definitely compete with my Mac Lipglasses! For anyone who was disappointed with Orgasm - there are a lot of us out there, judging from the reviews - then give this gloss a shot, I'm sure you'll love it as much as I did!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/9/2011 1:06:00 PM More reviews by 777designz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Green

After being amazed by the smooth texture and amazing pigmentation of another Colorburst lipgloss, Strawberry, I picked up a couple more colors last week. Unfortunately Peony is not as high quality as Strawberry. Peony is a pinky-peach nude with gold flecks. It is very un-pigmented, if not for the slight sheen and gold shimmer you wouldn't even know you have lipgloss on. It is not very shiny, and the gold flecks look like barely noticeable gold microshimmer on the lips. It starts disappearing from my lips in about 30 minutes.The texture is goopy, comfortable but not moisturizing, and not sticky. It smells like playdough with a hint of vanilla, yuck. The applicator is strange as it flexes when you use it. I would not recommend this lipgloss because for around $8 I would expect more pigmentation and longer lasting wear.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2011 2:32:00 PM More reviews by alexanna7

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

peony is a peach lip gloss with some shimmer.goes well on the application,stays on.i use this one over my peach lipsticks.nice velvety formula.love it!